[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subversive artist switches NYC subway 'See something, Say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 031709say1[1].jpg (61KB, 640x142px) Image search: [Google]
031709say1[1].jpg
61KB, 640x142px
https://www.citylab.com/navigator/2017/03/an-artist-swapped-if-you-see-something-say-something-subway-posters-with-calls-for-civic-engagement/518865/

>On Wednesday night, an artist swapped out a handful of MTA’s iconic “If You See Something, Say Something” subway posters with a more politically charged call to action.

>The artist, who asked CityLab to withhold their name, mimicked the font and design of the agency’s latest twist on the campaign, which it piloted in 2002 before licensing it to the Department of Homeland Security eight years later. The mantra has since gone national, and the MTA continues to tinker with its iterations, too.

>Last spring, the agency retooled the campaign with portraits of 56 New Yorkers who did speak out, and a revamped motto, speaking to collectivity and shared accountability. “New Yorkers Keep New York Safe,” the newer posters read—a suggestion that citizens have a role in protecting the city they inhabit.

>For this subway stunt, the artist tweaked the text next to photos of some of those folks, whose faces grin down at riders from placards inside of subway cars and buses. Melissa C. is one of those characters: She reported unattended bags she glimpsed from the E train at the World Trade Center station. "I found an MTA employee, who then got another employee to go right down to the platform," she recounted to Gothamist at a thank-you ceremony hosted by the MTA at Grand Central Terminal last March.
http://gothamist.com/2017/03/09/mta_see_something_say_something.php#photo-1
previously:
https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20161221/bed-stuy/mta-subway-safety-see-something-say-something-googly-eyes-artist-vandal-twitter
>>
>>120234
Damn... truly makes me think... its not like there werent huge protests and a ton of debate over the iraq invasion... nope its just these intellectuals alone...
>>
>>120294
way to miss the point friend.
>>
Being a snitch not fulfilling enough?
Now introducing: Social Justice Snitching!
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.