[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Day without a Woman" strike to protest Trump is being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 1

File: rasmeayousefodeh.jpg (17KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
rasmeayousefodeh.jpg
17KB, 300x200px
https://nypost.com/2017/02/25/the-next-womens-march-is-co-organized-by-a-terrorist/

>Instead of milling around Washington, organizers have in mind a “general strike” called the Day without a Woman. In a manifesto published in The Guardian on Feb. 6, the brains behind the movement are calling for a “new wave of militant feminist struggle.” That’s right: militant, not peaceful.
>The document was co-authored by, among others, Rasmea Yousef Odeh, a convicted terrorist. Odeh, a Palestinian, was convicted in Israel in 1970 for her part in two terrorist bombings, one of which killed two students while they were shopping for groceries. She spent 10 years in prison for her crimes. She then managed to become a US citizen in 2004 by lying about her past (great detective work, INS: Next time, use Google) but was subsequently convicted, in 2014, of immigration fraud for the falsehoods. However, she won the right to a new trial (set for this spring) by claiming she had been suffering from PTSD at the time she lied on her application.

>Another co-author, Angela Davis, is a Stalinist professor and longtime supporter of the Black Panthers. Davis is best known for being acquitted in a 1972 trial after three guns she bought were used in a courtroom shootout that resulted in the death of a judge. She celebrated by going to Cuba.
>The International Women’s Strike is meant to be a grass-roots affair, with womensmarch.com promising more information about how to participate in local protests across the US. Women around the country are being urged to walk off their jobs and join a demonstration near them.
>According to The Guardian piece, women should spend their day “blocking roads, bridges, and squares, abstaining from domestic, care and sex work” and “boycotting” pro-Trump businesses. Also every woman is supposed to wear red in solidarity.
>>
The article calling for the strike is just as ridiculous:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/06/women-strike-trump-resistance-power

>Violence against women, as they define it, has many facets: it is domestic violence, but also the violence of the market, of debt, of capitalist property relations, and of the state; the violence of discriminatory policies against lesbian, trans and queer women; the violence of state criminalization of migratory movements; the violence of mass incarceration; and the institutional violence against women’s bodies through abortion bans and lack of access to free healthcare and free abortion.

So discrimination against LGBT is considered violence against women, even though historically gay men have been discriminated against the most. And "the violence of mass incarceration" even though the vast majority of mass incarceration is of males.

As somebody who used to consider himself a liberal/progressive and who still thinks Trump is an idiot, it makes me sad that this feminist bullshit is now the dominant view of the left
>>
>>115593
Sounds like a good day to get some work done.
>>
>>115596
unfortunately feminists realized that taking the day off work wouldn't have any noticeable impact, so they're also calling for disruptive protesting like blocking roads.
Fortunately my commutes not that bad and doesn't use any major roads that they'd likely want to block
>>
>>115597
At last i truly see
>>
>>115593
And thus robo waifu age advances further.
>>
>>115593
Horrifying picture of a zombie you posted. Thanks (sarcastically), I'm going to have nightmares...forever.
>>
>>115593
>in Israel in 1970 for her part in two terrorist bombings
So she's a freedom fighter then. Got it.
>>
>>115626
>one of which killed two students while they were shopping for groceries
yes, just a freedom fighter
>>
>>115595

I agree that other liberals need to stop being so generous with their labeling of things or people as racist or violent.

Even so, while the non-violent reasons may seem like elitist concerns to you and I banning abortion or preventing transgender children from attending the restroom of their choice in their school are matters of serious consequences with respect to the livelihoods of many people.
>>
>>115626
They're BOTH wrong. Semites are all alike.
>>
>>115633
>I agree that other liberals need to stop being so generous with their labeling of things or people as racist or violent.

It's impossible. They've called Republicans Nazis ever since the actual Nazis lost a world war. It's ingrained in their party leadership's blood to degrade the character of every Republican because ever since they were children they've heard that Republicans are Nazis.
>>
>>115633
>Even so, while the non-violent reasons may seem like elitist concerns to you and I banning abortion or preventing transgender children from attending the restroom of their choice in their school are matters of serious consequences with respect to the livelihoods of many people.
The point isn't that they aren't serious problems, the point is that they aren't serious problems FOR WOMEN SPECIFICALLY
Mass incarceration is certainly a problem, but it's a much much more serious problem for men than for women. Violence against gay men is a lot more common than violence against gay women.
This is what's wrong with the modern left: They take valid issues that we should be concerned about, and then ruin it with identity politics. Instead of "mass incarceration is bad" we get "mass incarceration is bad for the 7% of prisoners that are women."
>>
>>115648
>Instead of "mass incarceration is bad" we get mass incarceration is bad for the 7% of prisoners that are women.
>ignoring all the times when the left has discussed outside of the context of women
A bad thing about both sides is the lengths they'll go to strawman.
>>
>>115643
Maybe Republicans should stop being actual nazis then.
>>
>>115688
How Trump Won: Exhibit #1
>>
>>115699
Don't act like you have moral superiority when you so easily condemn half of your countrymen in the same breath. An unfair criticism of republicans would be to say that they all think of democrats as russian commies.
>>
>>115750
He's right though. Mass alienation from an increasingly hyperbolic and out of touch Democratic establishment on political and social fronts put a ton of critical votes in Trump's pocket.
>>
>>115699
OK, most Trump voters aren't racist or sexist.
But how the hell are we supposed to react when the whitehouse does and says crazier shit than half their voting base.
The whitehouse invents news of a terrorist attack or some shit and then blames the media for a conspiracy not covering said fake attack and then argues that it's the enemy of the people and our response is supposed to be "While I value the administration's opinion, I must respectfully disagree that free press is the enemy of the people. However I'm willing to be open minded." Like hell. There's no honest way to react to that but to be disgusted by Trump's antics and conflicts of interests and disappointed at the folks that still approve of someone of that character being placed in a position of power over others.
>>
>>115757
The problem here is everything you said is based on bullshit.

Grow up.
>>
>>115758
If you think none of this happened, that the president's spokesperson didn't blame iraqis on live tv for a terrorist attack that never happened right after the president claimed the press was covering up terrorist attacks, that all of that was somehow engineered by CNN, then you're either deluded or retard retardede to the point where you need to seek professional help.
I know it's a rise to distract from the Russia scandal which risks him being impeached as a national traitor. But it's still a disgusting abuse of the platform he was given to serve us. And you might be OK with that, but most folks, including me, aren't.
>>
>>115760
wasn't it that a terrorist was caught planning an attack on bowling green and she incorrectly believed the attack was successful. not quite the same as making the whole thing up
>>
>>115761
um but those FACTS are ALTERNATIVE to what the media told me to think.
>>
>>115761
And that terrorist from bowling green was connected to an IED that killed American soldiers.

That's a massacre.
>>
>>115934
source?
>>
>>115936
>>source?
fake news
>>
>>115688
>Get called a nazi for one's entire life
>Try and dial back on your rhetoric a bit, still called a nazi.
>Eventually say fuck it and become a nazi because it's either go all the way or stop fighting.

And you wonder why you face so much opposition. You brought this on yourself when you perused your all-or-nothing policies long before their time, and now you are dealing with reactionary backlash.

Honestly, I'm fine with equal rights for women as men, but more and more these days I hope we regress back to the point of women being domestic workers only and solely family oriented, with those who break the line finding themselves chastised and outcast.
>>
>women should spend the day blocking roads

I'm a delivery driver in a highly liberal town. speed limit is 25 but usually you can get away with 28, I can't wait to maul some feminists
>>
>>116072
>speed limit is 25 but usually you can get away with 28

Not fast enough really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvja-PA5Egc
>>
Feminism is bullshit...

Bitches can get any position by flirting?
>>
>>116072
I thought you meant 25 km/h but then I realized that this is America.
>>
>>115936
Source is a bimbo defending Trump made a silly blunder on TMZ by accidentally naming a pre-emptively stopped terrorist attack as one that had actually happened: ha ha!! we really got you trumpkins now!
>>
>>115673
Not really. See Black Lives Matter. Instead of a comprehensive reform of local police jurisdictions, de-escalation of frivolous militarization, and a re-examination of the way police forces in the US work, we got Black Panthers 2.0. All because leftwing ideologues didn't want to frame the discussion in a way that didn't give power to open black supremacists or their communist enablers.

See any discussion of poverty in the US in the last decade. It's always framed as a race issue rather than a class one even though the lens leftists use to justify that approach is more and more obsolete with every year.

See domestic violence. Instead of combating it as a whole we have the Duluth model and a complete blackout in terms of aid provided to male victims. Often they're framed as offenders themselves.

The left thoroughly poisons any attempt it makes to cure the societal evils it rails against because it can't help but inject extremely counter-productive identity politics into the equation. One might wonder if they even want to fix the problems in the first place given how they approach them, though it wouldn't surprise me if that is a conscious effort to make sure the crusaders don't become irrelevant by outliving the crusade.
>>
>>116635
>ITT shit I blame the left for
>>
>>116671
Yeah, I will blame the left for characterizing these problems through their own myopic and counter-productive views that sabotage any efforts for tangible results. We cold have had an actual effect on reducing the militarization of police forces, but BLM showed up, decided they were the only victims worth listening to, lionized a bunch of scumbags next to the innocents, and hijacked the movement for police reform to push their own racial supremacy.

Same thing for those other examples. Feminists make addressing domestic violence harder when they successfully petition local governments to reallocate funds for male shelters or when they peddle false statistics to maintain the idea women aren't half the problem.
>>
>>116684
*from male shelters...
>>
>>115593
Does she know that Soviet Union no longer exists?
>>
>>116684
>I will blame the left
We could've had an actual effect on reducing these problems but some people were too busy blaming the left/right.

I'm getting a bit tired with both sides to be honest
>>
Who funds the womens march excursions??
>>
>>118647
The right would have had absolutely no ammunition if BLM wasn't the caricature of racist bigotry they paint them as. The same goes for feminism. If the left were honest and stopped with this embracing of intelligence insulting double standards and actually worked to fix the problems they rail against instead of using them as grievance cash-crops the right would be politically impotent considering the thing principally responsible for driving people to it is the left becoming this horrible monstrosity.

I don't like extremists on either side, but the left had the moral high ground and a monopoly on popular, sensible ideas until it went batshit. The right (and its extremists) have power now because of that dynamic above any other.
>>
>>115643
I could switch "Republicans" with "Liberals" and "Nazis" with "Communists" in your post and it would still be true (minus the lost a world war part).
Don't blind yourself to your own biases, friend.
>>
>>115593
Nice totally not biased opinion piece, OP.
>>116684
>We cold have had an actual effect on reducing the militarization of police forces, but BLM showed up, decided they were the only victims worth listening to,
These two are not in direct effect of each other.
BLM's complaint isn't the militarization of police, just that in America police pay them more attention. Which is true.
The fight for anti-militarization of police has been around for several years before BLM was a thing.
>>
>>115753
No, over confidence and a lack of votes with a shitty campaign not aimed at winning the right electoral votes is what did it.
The name calling just made Trump supporters more zealtous and quiet
>>
>>118791
An increasingly hyperbolic and out of touch Democratic establishment resulted in a shitty campaign and a lack of votes.

And since losing, the democrat party has doubled down on everything (probably because that worked for Trump) and this hole they're digging is getting deeper and deeper.
>>
>>115699

this
>>
>>118790
It's true because Black people in America commit more crime. There's no way around that uncomfortable truth, but it is indeed a truth. BLM are Black Supremacists who refuse to acknowledge the Black community's part in fostering the current dynamic.

The anti-militarization of police will never happen now thanks to groups like BLM. Police reform will not happen now because racist motherfuckers too intent on owning the concept of victimization decided to lionize complete scum along with the innocent victims of police overreach, because they never cared about police use of excessive force, they were first and foremost a racist organization out to protect Black people no matter what.

Feminism operates the same way, just towards women. The energy expended having to deal with these kinds of counterproductive assholes who hijack their own broad platforms and turn them into narrow bigotry, hatred, and selfishness kills the public goodwill toward addressing these problems in the first place.
>>
>>115597
roadblockers are some of the scummiest protestors tbh
>>
>>119166
it's the only way they can get attention

it's actually literal terrorism we just aren't addressing it properly
>>
>>115593
Why are women so retarded?
>>
>>115593
Well radical Feminists and Radical Muslims are both Evil scumbags so naturally they will become allies
>>
>>119177
How is blocking a road literal terrorism?
>>
>>119399
"literal terrorism" might be a bit hyperbolic but IIRC there was at least one example of them blocking an ambulance that needed to get through. And if they block the highway and cause a traffic jam, they wouldn't even see an ambulance coming in at the back of the jam so even if they intended to let emergency vehicles through, it wouldn't work
>>
> day without a woman

... promise?! :-D
>>
>>119424
That's a bit beyond hyperbolic, Anon. That's more 'an accidental unseen situation that I don't quiet recall' than 'literal terrorism'
>>
>>119636
I wouldn't consider blocking roads to be literal terrorism, even though it can quickly become that. We've seen how lovely these leftwing crowds get when someone's car is stopped before their mob. There are other things the left is currently doing that could be considered terrorism more than blocking roads, namely the political rioting and assaults.
>>
>>119729
Yes we would be talking about it, because if that were happening everyone on the left looking the other way right now would be screaming to high hell over it.
>>
As much as I hate Islam and think Israel and Palestine need to learn to get along with one another, what if the protest was lead by an Israeli woman who was formerly in IDF where she killed some Palestinians as collateral damage? We wouldn't even be talking about this.

I accept there's a huge difference between killing someone as a terrorist and as a soldier but the Israel / Palestine conflict was a clusterfuck from the outset. Should we be in a position where we are refereeing who was right to kill whom when both sides are murdering each other?
>>
>>119733
Again, see >>119732. Instead of everyone looking the other way and pretending these marches are beautiful, wonderful things they'd be busy screaming over one of its organizers being former IDF and probably a gaggle of other leftwing buzzword insults.

The left loves Islam right now and anything that goes against that is an enemy to them.
>>
>>119736
Nice strawman.
>>
>>119721
I'd like to see road blocking made a felony. It's time to get these jerks off the roads for good.
>>
>>>>women
womens suffrage was a mistake
>>
>>119742
It's not really a strawman if the current politically active left demonstrably loathes anything to do with the state of Israel. If one of the organizers for this march was a former IDF soldier with a past of collateral damage to her name you can bet all the chicken tendies in the world that the left would be bitching about it instead of hailing the empty platitudinal marches as something special. The same way they bitch about "white feminism."

>>119748
Several states are already doing that as well as decriminalizing the act of running them down should the driver feel their life in danger.
>>
>>119399
Because they are trying to scare people into supporting their politics.

Support us, or we will fuck up traffic and riot.

They regularly threaten violence, as well.

That's literal terrorism.
>>
>>115936
>>115964
>>116623
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/louisville/press-releases/2013/former-iraqi-terrorists-living-in-kentucky-sentenced-for-terrorist-activities

Former Iraqi Terrorists Living in Kentucky Sentenced for Terrorist Activities

>Two Iraqi citizens living in Bowling Green, Kentucky who admitted using improvised explosive devices (IEDs) against U.S. soldiers in Iraq
>and who attempted to send weapons and money to al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) for the purpose of killing U.S. soldiers
>>
>>119781
>Support us, or we will fuck up traffic
K
> and riot.
Where is this?
Which of them regularly threatens violence as well?
>>119721
>We've seen how lovely these leftwing crowds get when someone's car is stopped before their mob.
Would you elaborate more with a source?
>>
A day without a woman. Headlines that day:
>PRODUCTIVITY SKYROCKETS 400%
>CURE FOR CANCER DISCOVERED!
>ISIS SIGNED A PIECE TREATY WITH UN!
>>
>>119797

Are you kidding me?
>>
>>119797
Here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfXsIydqGg

>3:01
>"Set the car on fire."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tNQ9upvMTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1epO0Dz85Y4
>>
>>119806
Great but those aren't real rioters.
>>
>>119804
No, you stupid faggot
>>119806
A: Thank you
B:
So for the first link it doesn't look like any serious violence occurs, or any at all. Just people blocking traffic. I'm happy to be directed to a timestamp that proves otherwise.

The second one is a bit unsettling, but is pretty common with mass amounts of angry fgts. Other that spray painting though, nothing serious happens. Sure someone says "Burn the car" but does anyone? And how often do you expect a mass of people to not at the very least say something violent? I mean, I'm pretty sure there's a few threats or suggestions of that on /news/ at this very moment.

Pretty retarded of them to jump on the car in the last one. Wasn't there some confusion about who attened the Milo event? Like not everyone was a student, some being crazy anarchists or something? I try not to pay too close attention to the biggest attention whore next to perez hilton.

So do these three instances concur that they regularly threaten violence? The second one without audio, as the third doesn't seem to sound like anyone is threatening anything other than getting themselves run over.
I agree that they regularly block traffic, but again, that's very far from terrorism. People are mad and do stupid things during it.
>>
>>119812
I didn't say they were terrorism to begin with, I said it can very easily venture over to it. Quite frankly the rest of your post just looks like excuses. The fact nobody burned the car doesn't mean much given someone clearly wanted to and that same riot (yes riot) is shown in the first video where the crowd was more than happy to demolish a police cruiser and attack innocent people. For a better angle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK3rbxFvsr8

There wasn't any confusion about who attended the Milo event except from people like Richard Reich hilariously and desperately trying to attribute violence to rightwing false-flaggers on CNN. Yes there were anarchists/communists, but it's pretty clear once they started swinging the crowd was happy to follow along with them. There was even some university staff found to have participated in the riot. The organizing group (BAMN; By Any Means Necessary) had one of their chapter leaders (Yvette Felarca) give an interview that very night explaining their own involvement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPrRLyFTzSU

For references this person is a middle-school teacher and her group BAMN, is a virtual cult. http://archive.is/q6EY6

And no, in that third video you can hear them punching the car before it speeds off. There was a clear threat of violence from the crowd given it had already done stuff like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvA2wjtKG20

I will lose not one ounce of sleep knowing legislation in some states is making it illegal to stand in the road and legal to turn scum like this into asphalt pancakes if they surround your car and try to attack you.
>>
>>119812
Why do liberals type so much when they have nothing to say?

I can hear this from a mile away its always the same.

>yes but blah blah blah blah right?
>irrelevant platitudes
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.