[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 1

File: r[1].jpg (63KB, 780x490px) Image search: [Google]
r[1].jpg
63KB, 780x490px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-atheists-idUSKBN1621I3

>Pope Francis delivered another criticism of some members of his own Church on Thursday, suggesting it is better to be an atheist than one of "many" Catholics who he said lead a hypocritical double life.

>In improvised comments in the sermon of his private morning Mass in his residence, he said: "It is a scandal to say one thing and do another. That is a double life."

>"There are those who say 'I am very Catholic, I always go to Mass, I belong to this and that association'," the head of the 1.2 billion-member Roman Catholic Church said, according to a Vatican Radio transcript.

>He said that some of these people should also say "'my life is not Christian, I don't pay my employees proper salaries, I exploit people, I do dirty business, I launder money, (I lead) a double life'."

>"There are many Catholics who are like this and they cause scandal," he said. "How many times have we all heard people say 'if that person is a Catholic, it is better to be an atheist'."

>Since his election in 2013, Francis has often told Catholics, both priests and lay people, to practice what their religion preaches.

>In his often impromptu sermons, he has condemned sexual abuse of children by priests as being tantamount to a "Satanic Mass", said Catholics in the mafia excommunicate themselves, and told his own cardinals to not act as if they were "princes".

>Less than two months after his election, he said Christians should see atheists as good people if they do good.
>>
I was actually considering joining catholicism to fight global badery, but this guy is obviously a shill.
>>
>>114429
That's pretty cool.
>>
Francis continues to be a based pope.
>>
>>114432
not a catholic, I really like francis, why his a shill? whats the conspiracy?
>>
>>114447
Anti-christian idiot

>>114483
For instance, what the pope said in this thread is outright blasphemy.

He's also overly political.
>>
>>114483
He is being an actual Christian and not complaining about niggers and muslims like /pol/ wants him to, so he's a shill and not their pope.
>>
>>114486
But it's the same message pretty much every pope in recent memory has talked about. Lukewarm catholics and christians in general are a definite problem, as they're simply claiming the social status of belonging to an organization rather than actually living the way the organization teaches.

I mean, you can hardly call yourself Catholic if you're championing the death penalty, abortion, and any number of other things that don't value the sanctity of human life.
>>
>>114486
>an actual Christian

You have no idea what that even means. Stop smearing your ignorance on the walls.
>>
>>114485
>For instance, what the pope said in this thread is outright blasphemy.
>He's also overly political.
How is condemning half-hearted faith blasphemy?

>>114496
So, what is an actual Christian?
>>
>>114497
According to Christianity, athiests go to hell.

It's blasphemy. Or is the pope supposed to encourage people to burn in hellfire?

Lol
>>
>>114499
People are saved through following God's will on Earth. A hypocritical Catholic is betraying God, much worse than an atheist who may produce good works. Besides, the Pope was chosen by God, why would you doubt him if you were not yourself a hypocritical Catholic?
>>
>>114500
Stop. It's not a matter of opinion. Your opinion is stupid anyway.
>>
>>114499
You must be pretty new to Christianity, Catholicism or life in general. Do you understand what blasphemy is? The Pope didn't act or speak against God. He said that a Catholic who performs evil deeds is no better than an atheist who does good deeds. Blasphemy would be:"the Pope denounces God and suggesting everyone else do the same."
>>
>>114502
You're right, it isn't a matter of opinion. The Pope has said it, and he speaks for God as same as he speaks for the Church. You're interpretation of the scripture is clearly wrong.
>>
>>114499
So, what's an actual Christian?
>>
Just wait till th Pope authorizes full scale construction of his moon lazer beam...
>>
>>114503
The point is this "pope" is going against the teachings he is supposed to represent

The pope's #1 job is to get people into heaven.

By speaking positively about athiesm, he is encouraging the eternal damnation of countlless souls.

Its pure evil, if he were an actual christian.
>>
>>114506
The church is going through dark times. Things hapen. Corruption exists.
>>
>>114511
You always catch more flies with honey than vinegar
>>
>>114432
>>114485
>>114496
>>114499
>>114502
>>114511
GOD DAMMIT THIS IS FUCKING FAKE NEWS

the Pope didnt say this shit, OP YOU FAGGOT.

The pope said "How many times have we all heard people say 'if that person is a Catholic, it is better to be an atheist'."

The Pope is fine. Lying media misleading us again.
>>
>>114511
>The point is this "pope" is going against the teachings he is supposed to represent
How? Please elaborate.
>The pope's #1 job is to get people into heaven.
His "job" is to be head of the church.
>By speaking positively about athiesm, he is encouraging the eternal damnation of countlless souls.
Where did he say anything positive about atheism? He compared a christian who does evil to an atheist who does good. Is that just too far out of your cognative reach? Does God favor evil?
>Its pure evil, if he were an actual christian.
Again, what is an actual christian?
>>
>>114510
>tfw the pope will never create a galactic empire on the premise of granting salvation to intelligent life in the universe
>>
>>114432
>>114485
>>114496
>>114499
>>114500
>>114511
Top fucking kek
According to Catholicism, the Pope is basically God's go-to guy on earth, and best represents the values of Christianity. Yet, a bunch of edgy douchebags don't like being told not to be edgy douchebags, and claim that they're right and he's wrong? Sounds like you guys are the shitty, blasphemous ones.
>>
>>114524
>Sounds like you guys are the shitty, blasphemous ones.

They're going to be really sad when good people make it despite not putting much in faith while they're cast aside. I forgot the exact bible quote for this.
>>
>>114429
Good, the less people this nu-pope can brainwash the better.
>>
>>114518
>>114524
>>114525
You can all shut up with this "all good athiests go to heaven" bullshit BECAUSE THE POPE DIDNT EVEN SAY IT.
>>
>>114527
>>114524
Go back to /pol/, numbskull, I'll take reuters word for it over yours without a source.
>>
>>114529
The pope said: "How many times have we all heard people say 'if that person is a Catholic, it is better to be an atheist'."

>meaning hypocritical catholics do a disservice to the faith

Reuters: ZOMG THE POPE SAID ATHIESTS R BETTER THAN BAD CATHOLICS LOLOLOL

But you go ahead and trust Reuters, smart guy.
>>
>>114537
Do you have a source?
>not trusting Reuters
You do know what board you're on, right?
>>
>>114539
Source for what? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Im referring to the article that is the OP in this thread...........
>>
>>114537
Reuters is about the same as many other news sources: they use a misleading title to get people to look at their site and get them paid via ads and have the actual truth of the matter in the article for the people who are willing to read. I don't think that's necessarily a good thing, but Reuters did state the actual quote and why the pope said what he said.

Unlike you, an edgy moron who hasn't shown a single source to the opposition.
>>
>>114527
Only one of the people you quoted said anything about atheists going to heaven. None of them made the claim that the Pope said, "good atheist go to heaven." Either you're a shitty troll, or just really fucking stupid. I agree with>>114529, You really need to go back, before you embarrass yourself any further.
>>
>>114542
Excet the title is completely misleading. The pope was quoting what OTHER PEOPLE say.

He didnt "suggest" shit.

>who hasn't shown a single source to the opposition.

The opposition of what? What the fuck
>>
>>114543
Your shaming tactics have no power here.

>Can't into inferences

Your opinion means oh so much.
>>
>>114547
So you're a shitty troll AND really fucking stupid. Got it.
>>
>>114548
>more shaming tactics

This only works on your childish lefty classmates.
>>
>>114550
You're still posting only to further prove to be a really fucking stupid shitty troll. If you seriously want to further the discussion and not look like the dumbest kid on the short bus, why not answer my questions found here>>114518. Or have you just given up on the topic at hand entirely?
>>
>>114554
I'm not interested in debating fake news.

It was a misquote.
>>
>>114562
Ok
>>
>>114562
Title clearly says "suggests", meaning not something that is explicitly said but something that can be understood in such way. He said

>if that person is a Catholic, it is better to be an atheist

Clearly if there's a misunderstanding it's the Pope's fault for being such a shit speaker.
>>
>>114583
>Clearly if there's a misunderstanding it's the Pope's fault for being such a shit speaker.
Sarcasm?
>>
>>114583
That's not what he said. Are you auditioning for a job at CNN?
>>
>>114586
What DID he say?
>>
>>114586
That what he said people says to be more specific, but it's an actual quote.

>>114585
No, he is a mediocre public speaker for a Pope. Very unrefined, shit analogies, shit Argentinian accent.
>>
>>114588
Try reading the article. It's linked in the OP. The article us also pasted in the OP.

I also posted the quote in this thread, you lazy peice of garbage.
>>
>>114589
>That what he said people says to be more specific...
So that wasn't the actual quote. Ok.
>...but it's an actual quote.

Do you know what a quote is? The answer is NO.
>>
>>114591
>So that wasn't the actual quote. Ok.
It is a quote, just not all of it.

>Do you know what a quote is?
Yes, I'm quoting you right now (see above), the fact I don't quote the whole of your post doesn't make it not a quote.
>>
Can I still get 5 for 1 abortion forgiveness or is that sale over?
>>
>>114598
I think your mom bought the last one
>>
>>114590
I did read the article. What the fuck are you on about? Did he say it, or not? I'm saying he did. >>114586 said he did not. What the fuck is going on in this thread? It's gone from some faggot calling the pope a blasphemer, to an unintelligible argument for it being fake news. Is it a dispute of sources?
http://www.breitbart.com/news/pope-better-to-be-an-atheist-than-a-christian-living-a-double-life/
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/world/pope-atheists-again/
>>
>>114486
/thread
>>
>>114486
If Jesus suddenly showed up one day, the /pol/ types would probably call him a nu-male cuck SJW <insert buzzword here>.
Its kinda funny, they hate Jews yet their religious beliefs tend to be closer to Orthodox Judaism than Christianity- they only seem to care about the Old Testament "wrathful God" stuff (aka, the Torah), yet they ignore all the New Testament "be excellent to one another" hippie Jesus stuff.
>>
>>114597
Except you misquoted him, making it a completely different statement.

Stop replying to me you fucking idiot.
>>
>>114601
If you read the article, you wouldn't be so confused.

Read the title, then read the pope's words.

Is it so hard to read the article you're discussing? Fucking hell.
>>
>>114624
There's nothing confusing about the title or the article itself. If you think there is you're an idiot.
>>
>>114624
Did you even read the post you're responding to?
>>
>>114622
>Except you misquoted him
I don't think you know what a misquote is.

>Stop replying to me you fucking idiot.
Stop being wrong then.
>>
>>114454
He's the hero the Catholic church needs
>>
>>114629
The title says one thing. The pope's words say another.

This is not confusing. You're just easily confused.
>>
Fucking piece of shit fake pope.
>>
>>114663
The title is fake news. What the pope said was fine.

Reuters is clearly satanic, though.
>>
>>114429
time to denounce the god, lets all be atheist
>>
>>114485
>He's also overly political.
I don't see this as a problem. Religion should inform all aspects of your beliefs, political beliefs are no exception.
>>
>wanted a Dominican
>got a Franciscan
/pol/ in meltdown
>>
Always questions...never answers

If the Catholic Church is Christian why does the priest life in such lavish conditions and allow himself to be worshipped? They have so much gold and treasure. Jesus said we shouldn't lust after the things of this world. Why don't the catholic church leaders humble themselves and serve the people like Christ did? Be with the people instead of above them, use the wealth to affect real change for people in crisis around our planet. Maybe? I don't know...
>>
>>114517
He said both things. Go to a catholic website and see.
>>
No, no.
>>
>>114685
Pope Francis has actually done a decent enough job of living up to those ideals so far, unlike Pope Palpatine.
>>
>>114512
The catholic church is following their scripture relatively well compared to what they used to do. Seriously pick up a history book about the church, they where far more corrupt in the past.
>>
>>114824
IT WAS A MISQUOTE

FAKE NEWS
>>
>>114825
How can we know Bible isn't a misquote?
>>
>>114834
No the bible is 100% fact.

Is this what you want?
>>
>>114825
It wasn't a misquote. You're the misquote.
>>
>>114834
By bothering to educate yourself.
>>
>>114825
SAD!
>>
>>114429
I grew up going to sunday school, and church. The school was lead by terrible control freaks. The teachers were excellent. I did my conformation later. I'll never forget how much of a psycho dikeo the instructor is. She hated laughter, and want us to be over serious as she made us do glue stick projects. Me, and my bud used to take turns at one another doing silly shit to try to make one another bust up laughing whenever the focus came on. The catholic religion is excellent. People demanding their point of view is straight up satanic. The current pope is a piece of shit, and he resides in one of the most formidable fortresses in the world. Fuck him and anyone who agrees with him.
>>
>>115171
>the pope not comitting blasphemy
>sad
>>
>>115224
>encouraging morality
>terrible control freaks

These are darkish times.
>>
>>114429
I don't see why this would be a huge deal. The Bible itself endorses the idea that you go full on hot or cold, but lukewarm is for bitches.

Then again, sola scriptura, baby.
>>
>>115227
>thinking Catholicism=morality
get fucked (and if you were a little boy, it might happen)
>>
>>115317
Not all priests are like that.
>>
>>115224
So you're extending the views of one school to an entire religion and it's leader?

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>114429
Well he is talking about himself. He sure is a hypocrite
>>
>>115396
How so?
>>
>>115396
tbh the Catholics do some good, diddling little boys aside, and this pope is on his way to john paul II territory
>>
>>115171
MANY CASES
>>
>>114494
>abortion
>sanctity of human life
Pick one, you cant have both.
>>
Pretty sure the catholic church has said this in the past.

Something about an atheist who unknowingly follows the bibles rules life has a better chance of getting in heaven than a catholic who breaks the rules.
>>
>>114494
People on death row are premeditated killers who show no remorse. Old testament: eye for an eye New Testament: those who live by the sword will die by the sword
>>
>>116460
It's not possible for atheists to go to heaven. Don't listen to a Pope or a Catholic. Read the book.
>>
>>114517
The word is propaganda. Fake news is just a nickname.
>>
ITT religious fundamentalists
>>
>>114685
>lavish conditions
Funny you say that, because Francis is probably the least ostentatious Pope of the 20th century, barring Pius X.
>>
>>116460
Nope. This is just bullshit fake news.

The media is so anti catholicism I think they must be onto something good.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.