[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catoosa restaurant fires 12 workers for not showing up on 'Day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1

File: C4584lzVUAkuTQa.jpg (38KB, 828x458px) Image search: [Google]
C4584lzVUAkuTQa.jpg
38KB, 828x458px
http://ktul.com/news/local/catoosa-restaurant-fires-12-workers-for-not-showing-up-on-day-without-immigrants

A dozen workers at a Catoosa restaurant are without a job after getting fired for skipping work as a show of support for “A Day Without Immigrants.”
The restaurant workers are all Hispanic and say it was important to them to participate in the national protest.
But they didn’t think it would cost them their jobs.
“They feel like they’ve been unfairly terminated," said a friend, translating for the employees.
The group worked at I Don’t Care Bar and Grill in Catoosa. They talked to us after they were fired for not showing up to work. They asked us not to show their faces or give their names.
“(They’ve) been working there for almost two years since the restaurant opened," said the friend.
The group willingly chose to stay home with others across the country, supporting “A Day Without Immigrants.”
“(They’re) upset they stood for something they felt was necessary so the community would stand together, and they got terminated for that," said the friend.
The six are part of a group of 12 kitchen staff let go.
The owner fired them by text message.
A message to one of the employees reads: "You and your family are fired. I hope you enjoyed your day off, and you can enjoy many more. Love you.”
>>
The workers aren't sure what comes next, but they did feel they had to stand up for immigrants living and working in the U.S.
“That was their way to show they are needed in the community," said the friend.
Restaurant owner Bill McNally gave us a written statement, saying he has a "zero tolerance policy for no show/no call incidents and the 12 employees violated that policy."
Despite the shock of being fired, the employees say they aren’t mad and expected a possible reprimand, but they weren’t counting on getting canned.
“They feel like he could’ve done something for them since they’d been working for him," said the friend.
Friday in a Facebook post, the restaurant was shopping for replacement workers.

In the meantime, these workers say they’re moving on to other jobs, taking their stance with them.
“Immigrants are important to the nation," said the friend.
The group says it's never had a problem with the owner in the past and wishes him the best.
But the fired employees say they will continue to stand together in the future.
The owner did share with us he’s fired other employees over the past two years for violating his “no call/no show” policy.
>>
What did they think would happen?
>oh hey we were overwhelmed yesterday and probably lost a lot of money and customers but that's ok, you got your point across and that's more important to me than my business
>>
>hey boss I can't come into work today, it's the super offical Day Without Swiss-Italians

>hey boss I can't come into work today, it's the super offical Day Without Scotch-Irish

>hey boss I can't come into work today, it's the super offical Day Without Scotch-Irish

>hey boss I can't come into work today, it's the super offical Day Without [DEMOGRAPHIC HERE]
>>
>>112872
Meh. Plenty of other immigrants will take their jobs. And they probably gave no warning they were taking the day off. Justifyable dismissal. I did this once during Remembrance Day, but I told them for a week I wasn't coming in & was warned if I did that not to come back. I was let go (boss put "Quit" on my record of employment which was cool)... found job elsewhere a week later.
>>
>>112872
>Don't go to work.
>Get fired.
Oh those poor babies.
>>
Doesn't the First Amendment protect the right to protest, or am I missing something?
>>
Had they just warned thier boss that were not not coming in , he probably would not have fired them.
It wasnt screw your boss day.
>>
>>112901
According to the article its a no show no call, which the restaraunt apparently has a policy against. If you ever work in the service industry youll know thats a pretty big offense
>>
>>112872
No call, no show, no job

Welcome to equality puta
>>
>>112898
Well, plenty of immigration groups did warn these people of the possible consequences.
>>
>>112901
The bill of rights protects you from the GOVERNMENT trying to infringe on your rights. A private business can do whatever it likes and it's not a violation of the first amendment.
>>
>>112901
It means the law cannot punish you for protesting. That does not mean you can leave your job and protest and then expect to keep it.
>>
>I Don't Care Bar & Grill

Such sweet, delicious irony.
>>
>>112901
Lol

Actually this is sad. You don't understand rights at all.
>>
>>112872
>But they didn’t think...
This is the problem: They do NOT think.
I understand they were brought up in a more ignorant environment and it's not their fault, but they need to learn to THINK of consequences of their actions. Stagnation within their society has been their problem for millennia.
>>
>>112976

Don't worry plenty more dumb Mexicans to take their place.

For now.
>>
>>112976
>Stagnation within their society has been their problem for millennia.
They're not the only ones who need to learn how to think
>>
>>112872
I get it, they were inconsiderate and didn't show up for work but be professional when firing someone, not a passive aggressive bitch.
>>
>>112872
Why didn't they just call in? No call/no show is serious, but calling in would've saved their asses. Nothing is more infuriating than not knowing where your workers are. When you call in I can cover or pull some favors to get someone else to help cover.
>>
>>112976

We have a government that wants to milk our working class for everything we're worth.

Trump's choice for labor secretary was too disgusting even for republicans.

Yeah, I see how one can argue it's legal for them to be terminated. But if business folks are going to get an administration that's going to preference their interests in every fucking policy maybe they can throw us unwashed masses a bone once in a while. How's that for fucking national unity.

The working class folks that reflexively just default to the "pulll yourself up by your own bootstraps!" response to others are the worst. You're fighting over the scraps thrown to you by the wealthy and politically powerful in collusion, buying all their bullshit about how you can grow up to be just like them so make sure to vote for less government, so you get to have even less proportionate say in how society is run. It's pitiful to watch.
>>
Remember, this was not a day for immigrants, it was a day for illegal immigrants. They all skipped their jobs without calling in, which must have fucked the place for a day for 12 people to skip the same day without telling their boss. And all for keeping lazy border jumpers on their kids' welfare...
>>
So now it's time for a flood of donations to pour in to help this poor family that was unfairly fired by their racist hatemongering bigot of a boss, right
>>
>>112872
the day without immigrants was an awesome opportunity for businesses to find out who needed to be fired with zero effort
>>
>>112872
>"ok tank you"

I'd honestly be pissed if this was the response I got.
>>
>>113121
That last message feels very passive aggressive though.
>>
Fucking spicks. You are not that important after all. God bless that buissness. I'm so proud they stood up for what American virtues really are. Work hard follow the rules and be a real human being. Not Mexican trash.
>>
>>113125
The service industry is run by 50% petty anal-retentive authoritarians 25% boring normies and 25% ex-hippies that smoke weed with you on your coffee break

source: army brat that worked as a dishwasher or line cook in sixteen different restaurants
>>
Threadly reminder: these are the jobs Trump is going to bring back. Not $30/hour steel mill jobs with excellent benefits. Minimum wage McJobs with no job security or even a guaranteed number of hours.

Enjoy!
>>
>>113131
where is the evidence?
>>
>>113131
>these are the jobs Obama has brought back. Not $30/hour steel mill jobs with excellent benefits. Minimum wage McJobs with no job security or even a guaranteed number of hours.
FTFY

https://www.investing.com/news/economy-news/nearly-95-of-all-job-growth-during-obama-era-part-time,-contract-work-449057
http://www.wnd.com/2016/12/94-of-new-jobs-during-obama-era-were-part-time-contract/
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/us-lost-286000-manufacturing-jobs-under-obama-gained-3238300-retail
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/business/economy/recovery-has-created-far-more-low-wage-jobs-than-better-paid-ones.html
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-23/top-white-house-economist-admits-94-all-new-jobs-under-obama-were-part-time
>>
>>113134
>wnd
>zerohedge
>implying I support obama
>>
>>113137
You forgot

>investing.com
>nytmes.com

You big baby.
>>
>>113133
It's in this very thread, an article that shows the type of shitty jobs that mexicans work

>http://ktul.com/news/local/catoosa-restaurant-fires-12-workers-for-not-showing-up-on-day-without-immigrants
>>
>>113139
Anyone that seriously uses conspiracy websites and a news aggregator that banned Ann Coulter for not being conservative enough is openly advertising that their opinions are worthless
>>
>>113139
Hey boy, do you have a link to Infowars' article about how obama was cooking up this big conspiracy to turn frogs gay?
>>
>>113140
To tell you the truth that's probably a just reward for many drumpf voters, all of the illegals get purged and they have to work shitty rush-hour shifts at burger king because paul ryan privatized their social security and killed their medicaid
>>
>>113131
You're forgetting about the automatization of menial jobs like cashiers, fast food workers and the like.
>>
>>113146
tru familia. it's a shame that all of these machnes replacing workers aren't managed under a system whereby they are collectively owned and operated for the benefit of all, since that's unamerican. it's much more patriotic to have them owned by a massive multinational corporation that is heavily indebted to foreign creditors and saudi salafists
>>
>>113142
>>113143
Don't address anything presented by the sources, don't make any separate acknowledgement of the sources which are ideologically heterogeneous.
Instead, lump them all in, even the NY times, as conspiracy websites, plug your ears, and scream MUH INFOWARS MUH INFOWARS MUH INFOWARS

Intellectual dishonesty as a function of cognitive dissonance in action. Don't worry though, a little circle jerking and "muh drumpf" posting and it'll be like it never happened :^).
>>
>lazy immigrants remove themselves from their jobs while working immigrants are still ok
Really stimulates my parietal lobe.
>>
>>113162
>Anyone that seriously uses conspiracy websites and a news aggregator that banned Ann Coulter for not being conservative enough is openly advertising that their opinions are worthless
>>
Why is deporting illegal immigrants bad?

If USA does nothing about illegal immigrant and allow them to stay as long as they want, then 1.3 billion Chinese, and 1.0 billion Indian, 1.0 billion African, over 99% of Eastern European want to be illegal immigrant of USA.

I also want to be illegal immigrant of USA. (I'm from an Asia country)

I seriously can't understand anyone that protest deportation of illegal immigrant policy. It's the most logical thing to do, to keep out illegal immigrants. It's not just Mexican who want to be illegal immigrant, there are more than 4 billion people from many countries who want to be illegal immigrant of USA. Do Americans want flooding of illegal immigrants?
>>
>>113206
>Why is deporting illegal immigrants bad?
It isn't, ignore the screaming retards.
>>
>>113206
Liberals won't be able to buy Iphones made by slaves in sweatshops and food cooked by slaves in kitchens.
God forbid a fellow american like them got a job with a fair wage doing those things.
>>
>didn't want names or faces posted
Because they're illegals
>>
>>113131
Yes, and? How up your own ass do to have to be to see this as a bad thing?
>>
>>113206
It isn't.
>>
>>113125
Yeah and I agree it is, but I'd be pretty fucking pissed if one of my workers and his family all left without saying anything for that day and when I tell them they are fired they don't even ask why. They just say "OK tank you". Not to mention they don't even have the respect to spell it right. I would be pissed off that they didn't even seem to care in the message, but then went to the news to bitch about it. I honestly don't blame the owner for saying the last response to it because I think he was just very annoyed and felt disrespected by that reply, and in that annoyed judgement he felt the need to pop off at him because he felt he didn't give a fuck. It wasnt necessary but I don't really blame him either. I'd be mad that they thought that little of job responsibilities that they didn't show up simply because if this dumbass cause and didn't bother calling, and then when I tell them they're fired they don't even care, they just say OK thanks.
>>
>>113222

LIBURAHLS LIBURAHL LIBURAHLS THE BOOGEYMAN IS GUNNA GET US THEY'RE GUNNA RUIN OUR COUNTRY. THEY'RE HIDING IN YER CLOSET WAITING TO TAKE YER GUNS!!!1!1!1!1!1!!!
>>
>>113238
Are you okay anon? Seems you had a little bit of a fit there.
>>
>>113238
Someone's, dare I say, triggered.
>>
>>113146
No, the automation of jobs is completely not dependent on skills or salaries. A heart surgeon is more replaceable than a fast food worker. They cost the hospital much less, and malpractice is basically a non issue.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/309998.php
>>
>>112895
Dismissal was justified but firing them via text with the "love you" bullshit in there is incredibly unprofessional. I wouldn't have any problem working with a boss who fired people for not showing up, but I wouldn't want to work for a boss who was this petty when firing people
>>
>>113026
Fuck off commie
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.