[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mind Controlling Wasp Discovered: Meet The Euderus Set And Other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1457229978698.jpg (73KB, 760x506px) Image search: [Google]
1457229978698.jpg
73KB, 760x506px
The newly discovered crypt keeper wasp has an ingenious albeit diabolical means of survival. Meet the hyperparasite Euderus set and other equally sinister parasites in nature.

A new parasitic wasp species with a particularly disturbing, though undoubtedly clever, means of survival has been recently discovered by researchers. The Euderus set, also known as the crypt keeper wasp, has been observed to not just burrow into another parasite's body but also control its host's actions.

The Euderus set begins its diabolical journey early in its life, right after an adult Euderus set lays its eggs into the chambers of the very same tree that yet another parasite wasp species, the gall wasp, inhabits.

Upon hatching from the egg, the juvenile Euderus set burrows into the body of the gall wasp and takes control of its body. As it does, it urges its new host to begin its journey to freedom by tunnelling out from the bark of the tree. Without doing so, the juvenile Euderus set is three times more likely to die in its crypt.
If that wasn't sinister enough, researchers found that the larva makes its hosts drill a hole that is not large enough for both of them to escape, leading the host to be trapped in the hole. Once stuck, the Euderus set eats its host from the inside out, eventually popping out from the fallen host's head.

The newly discovered and observed hyperparasite (parasites taking advantage of other parasites) is native to the southeastern United States and is only one of thousands of other species of wasps. Due to its diabolical nature, the discovering scientists have named the wasp after Set, the Egyptian god of evil and chaos who, accurately enough, is said to have similar mind controlling abilities.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/195701/20170205/mind-controlling-wasp-discovered-meet-the-euderus-set-and-other-sinister-parasites.htm
>>
Equally Diabolical
The Euderus set isn't the only sinister, mind controlling species there is, as proven by these other example parasites.

Zombie Ant Fungus

In the rainforests of Thailand, Africa, and Brazil, the Zombie Ant Fungus Ophiocordyceps unilateralis resides. The fungus first infects an ant on the forest floor for about three to nine days. When it is ready to complete its life cycle, it manipulates the ant to walk about mindlessly away from its group like a zombie, and eventually leading it to a location that's most appropriate for the fungus to thrive. The ant then dies and within 24 hours and a fungal stalk emerges from the corpse, ready to spread spores onto the forest floor yet again.

Kamikaze Horsehair Worm

The horsehair worm begins its diabolical life from its larva state when it is eaten by an insect larva that will likely to be eaten by a cricket or a grasshopper. Once inside the grasshopper, it continually grows up to a foot long and manipulates the non-swimming host's central nervous system to drown itself in the water where the parasite will then emerge and reproduce.

Sacculina Castrating Barnacles

The Sacculina is one lazy parasite parent. Its oppression begins once it enters a crab's body. Once inside, it doesn't just feed on the crab's nutrients in order for it to reproduce, but it also forces the crab to take care of its millions of babies as if it were her own. Her own. However, if the host happens to be a male crab, the Sacculina feminizes the crab by rendering it infertile and growing a huge abdomen just so it would carry the parasite's young.
>>
fuck

this universe is fucked up what the fuck
>>
>>108543

>sinister
>diabolical

adjectives desu
>>
>>108592
>>>/pol/
>>
>>108592
hearty kek
>>
>Diabolical
>Sinister
Lately there is no form of media that is able to convey a story without slinging their opinions in the form of adjectives at every available opportunity. Did anyone else here take a journalism class in high school, where they were told the governing rule of journalism is to never show bias?
>>
>diabolical
>evil
>sinister
It's nature ffs you cretin
>>
Lol dont worry we all know who they are
>>
This is pretty typical parasite work, whoever wrote that is either marketing to kiddies or doesn't know that there are many thousands of species which exhibit "mind control"
>>
>>108592
lul
>>
>>108599
>>108602
>oh dear lord they aren't treating the bugs fairly!

how autistic are you? anyone that isn't a tongue-slapping mong immediately gets that they're just adding flair to an article and aren't actually calling insects evil.
>>
>>108642
It's not "adding flair" you cum-gargling whore, it's pissing their unsolicited opinion all over an otherwise interesting article.

This trend has gotten out of control since Trump was elected.They can't report about him without rinsing their hooks and headlines in a pool of synonyms for "dark" because they're afraid that simple factual reporting will get them labeled a fascist and blacklisted. Hell, it's a contest now, every Trump article is an audition to keep their jobs for fear some other typewriter monkey can offer a more scathing tribute to their political bitch editor.

If they could quarantine that behavior to only those such stories I wouldn't be pissed, but it's like they're trying to normalize it. Where once they would write that their readers love guzzling sperm, I now have to listen to the writer profess his love for sucking down marble-white cum. Like it's his fucking Livejournal.
>>
>>108702
This is new type of crazy we are seeing. You need to fucking stop it lad.
>>
>>108702
>Where once they would write that their readers love guzzling sperm, I now have to listen to the writer profess his love for sucking down marble-white cum.
I got hella deja vu from this
>>
>>108702
>unsolicited opinion

AN UNSOLICITED OPINION

YOU ASSAULTED ME WITH AN UNSOLICITED OPINION
>>
Ignore the post above. My kid brother got on my comp.
>>
>>108702
Russian propaganda is really really potent
>>
>>108543
>The newly discovered and observed hyperparasite (parasites taking advantage of other parasites) is native to the southeastern United States and is only one of thousands of other species of wasps.
Goddamn, is there any other genus of multicellular life as fucking malicious as wasps?
>>
>>108543
there are some fucked up creatures on this planet, but they make for excellent story material,
>>
>>108860
>I don't want to read other people's feelings on the news
>I WANT TO READ THE FUCKING NEWS
>P-P-HUTIN PRO--PRO-PAGANDA !!
Thats exactly the false dichotomy and narrow thinking we were talking about.

Dump your politics and dump your feelings, nobody cares, people want clear news.
>>
>>108702
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>108543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rnJEdDNDsI
>>
It must be a Republican and has Fox news in its DNA.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.