[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Congressman from Texas border pushes back against Trump's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 1

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316233-gop-rep-building-a-wall-most-expensive-and-least-effective-way-to

>Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas) is criticizing President Trump's push to build a wall on the border with Mexico.

>“Building a wall is the most expensive and least effective way to secure the border,” Hurd said in a statement late Wednesday, according to The Washington Post.

>“Each section of the border faces unique geographical, cultural, and technological challenges that would be best addressed with a flexible, sector-by-sector approach that empowers the agents on the ground with the resources they need.”

>The president signed an executive order Wednesday on his central campaign promise that directs federal agencies to begin constructing a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

>It was one of two executive orders on border security that Trump signed during a visit to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

>Hurd represents a district including miles of the U.S.-Mexico border. He said it is "impossible" to build a wall in some parts of his district.

>“Big Bend National Park and many areas in my district are perfect examples of where a wall is unnecessary and would negatively impact the environment, private property rights and economy,” Hurd said.

>Instead, he promoted an "intelligence-led approach."
>>
>>104301
>“Building a wall is the most expensive and least effective way to secure the border,”
short term, yes
long term, it is by far the most cost-effective solution.
>>
>>104301
I love when the dems and rinos appeal to conservative sentiments.

Next we'll hear that the wall will cause more gay marriage. Those were the days.
>>
>>104333

So where exactly on the Rio Grande do you want the wall to go?
>>
>>104340
you realize the government has the ability to buy plots of land and build on them?
>>
>>104340
Oh crap i guess we cant build the wall.

Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>104347
Who owns the river?
>>
>>104333
And how exactly will the wall stop all the illegals who overstay on their visas? Bearing in mind that they make up half of the illegals
>>
>>104395
When your visa ends you should have a couple fine gentlemen from border security come knocking at your door to make sure you've left and all entrances and exits from the country should be tracked so that we'll know who's still here and who isnt.
>>
>>104347
>>104353
>>104390

So do you want to give all the river water to Mexico, or take all the river water from Mexico? You know, I think there was a war that was started over territory and water rights on the Rio Grande... between Mexicans and Americans... can't remember what it was called....
>>
>>104454
I have a non-retarded idea.

Leave the river alone. Why would we build a wall over a river?

You people invent the most absurd scenarios and expect others to defend them.

Just fuck off you idiot.
>>
>>104454
We'll build it where we want to, Mexico has 0 economic or military leverage on us.
The best the could hope for is an international appeal to the Europeans, but there's no way that they want to lose access to the largest economy in the world.
>>
>>104458
>We'll
Who is "We"? The situation is a little bit more complex than you are giving credit for. Do you mean the US government is going to use eminent domain to take the land of all the legal landowners along the border for use as ground for a wall? Do you have any idea what happens to a ranch when you block access to its water?
Not good things. I hope the US government is prepared to pay out the losses to these ranchers' livelihoods, for one. Never mind about the water rights for American cities like El Paso and Laredo.
>>
>>104469
What stops the US from just piping the water to where it needs to be? It's pretty unlikely that the only source of water for many ranches sits exactly on the border.
>>
>>104457
So what you say is that give river to Mexico?
>>
>>104457
>Why would we build a wall over a river?

Because this is the kind of shit that Trump is trying to sell, and the Texans are like, "We have a fucking enormous river spanning the entire border, yet more illegals are getting here than anywhere else."
>>
>>104301
Okay, but this is a website that actually takes Bannon seriously. Is it a reliable source . ..? Don’t think so . ..
>>
>>104487
No its not. Thats just the strawman created by Trumps asversaries.

But im sure youll bring it up again.
>>
>>104301
>“Each section of the border faces unique geographical, cultural, and technological challenges that would be best addressed with a flexible, sector-by-sector approach that empowers the agents on the ground with the resources they need.”

Does this dumbass actually believe there will be a solid brick wall built all the way across the entire 2,000 mile long U.S.-Mexico border?

Obviously the design and construction of the "Wall" will vary depending on all kinda variables; there is no need for a huge East Berlin type wall in the middle of the empty desert, that area will be secured by drones, sensors and rapid response border guard teams.

But in high population density border towns, it will take the form of a physical wall.
>>
>>104448
Do you mean like how they do that now? I can really see how the wall stops people overstaying
>>
>>104534
We need to kick all these filthy beaners out of the USA. I'm enjoying the lulz as dirty mexicans get BTFO by trump
>>
>>104549
That's absolutely right, I just don't really see how a wall will accomplish that
>>
>>104475
OK so we went from "we need to build a wall" to "we need to redirect a massive river so we can build a wall". The cost of building a wall has already been the main problem with this plan, now we're going to redirect a river on top of drag huge wall pieces over mountains? This is getting sillier by the day. Do Trump supporters think he's a god or something, and can just snap his fingers and all illegals are out of the country and Mexico buys us a multi billion dollar wall and everyone has a good paying job? These same people criticised Obama for not doing enough while in office
>>
>>104514
That's literally what bush's plan was, and that is also the exact reason why it never got built, you fucking mong
>>
>>104579
Nope. Its still just a regular wall with no retarded shit involved. Pretty simple.
>>
>>104580
Yeah thats why. Not because democrats and rinos want an open border.

Sarcasm.
>>
>>104582
Exactly! Humanity has been building walls for thousands of years. This is hardly the herculean task that the liberals insist it is.
>>
>>104584
Nah man if you build a wall it has to go on top of mountains and to the bottom of every lake and canyon.

This is where your mind goes when you pride yourself in defeating strawmen.
>>
how about the folks that want the wall can fund it.
and if they manage, the rest of us'll chip in for the maintenance.
>>
>>104606
You gonna fund your own abortions?
>>
>>104340
>Next you'll want to build walls through mountains too

Yeah, yeah, you were only ((pretending)) to be stupid...
>>
>>104458
>Mexico has 0 economic or military leverage on us.
Where are you getting this shit? Mexico is one of are biggest trading partners.
>>
>>104627
>China - Japan - Canada - Mexico

Fuck no, we're Mexico biggest trading partner Mexico is our 4th
>>
>>104627
Shh, you wouldn't want to trigger /pol/ by disputing their "alternative facts". Feels before reals and all that.
>>
>>104629
4th out of 195 sovereign nations?

I'm sure our 4th largest trading partner has a negligible impact on our economy... not like hundreds of thousands of American families would suffer or anything but hey who cares even MORE Mexicans would suffer!

And who gives a fuck about what sort of global socioeconomic repercussions ripple out from this sort of shit, we'll PROBABLY come out a little bit better in most cases even though our quality of life will deteriorate as well!
>>
>>104458
>We'll build it where we want to, Mexico has 0 economic or military leverage on us.
Disregarding the complete falsehood of such a statement, you're ignoring one very important fact- if the US pushes Mexico away, they are very likely to turn to China instead. With Trump constantly waving his withered orange dick in China's face trying to pick a fight with them, the last thing we want is China building military installations just across our border.
You Trumplings were constantly screeching about how Hillary was going to start a war with Russia if she got elected, but Trump is far more likely to get us into a war with China, and they're a much bigger potential threat.
>>
>>104641
Lol

China has been in recession for decades
>>
>>104638
oh no where ever will I get my beans and tortillas from?
>>
>>104657
>the 4th largest US trade relationships consists entirely of beans and tortillas
you're fucking kidding yourself.
http://fusion.net/story/160643/how-mexico-is-becoming-the-drone-capital-of-latin-america/
but fuck silicon valley and the business that sustain themselves by selling circuit boards to mexico right? california is full of dirty fucking unamerican hippies anyway so they deserve what they get for trading with those fucking immigrants!
http://ajed.assembly.ca.gov/sites/ajed.assembly.ca.gov/files/Final%20California-Mexico%20Trade%20Fast%20Facts%20March.pdf
>>
i wonder how a wall will affect the wildlife, if its in a migration path etc. and whos environmental agency has jurisdiction. i know people who couldnt build a small house on acres of land because a certain type of turtle lived there.
>>
>>104390
The border goes right down the middle.
>>
>>104667
The main reason china/mexico are such biggest trading partners is because they took our jobs.

We want our jobd back any ways.

>>104669
We can put turtle sized dog doors at strategic locations.
>>
>>104641
>china is bigger threat than russia

kek
>>
>>104301
Oh wow a shitskin dem from the valley, which is infested with illegals doesn't want the wall built. What a fucking surprise!!! Fuck the valley and fuck Austin. Nuke them both.
>>
Enough with the pessimism, the negativity, the excuses. Finances? Bullshit, America spent $596 Billion on the Defense budget in 2015. Environment? Bullshit, the ESA is supported by my taxes, if they can't assist a simple disruption to the environment such as a wall, idk wtf we're paying them to do. Terrain? Bullshit, ancient Chinese built a wall spanning 21,196 km (13,171 mi) starting in 7th century BC, if we can't accomplish the same feat in 21st Century America, then how dare us call ourselves "The Greatest Country" on earth. Technology? Bullshit, are fucking kidding me? If we haven't perfected the art of building fucking walls by now, we're fucking retards. Humans have been building walls since we could stack rocks and wood on each other. Any more excuses? I've shot down all the main points and I thought I was dumb af, if these problems can't be solved by our almighty leaders and the people they employ then we obviously need new leaders. No more excuses, build the god damned wall already. We said we were going to do it, so do it. Be a doer. Get er' done.
>>
And to all the people bitching about our relationship with Mexico. Building the wall has nothing to do with their govt., its about keeping illegal activity such as immigration and sex/drug/gun trafficking between the countries to a minimal. Many Mexican officials support the building of the wall. Japan stopped trading oil to America during WWII and we fucking glassed Hiroshima and Nagasaki from the other side of the planet. Wtf do you think we'd do to Mexico if they ceased trade over a wall? Not like it would happen regardless.
>>
>>104688
>>104695
>>104696
Laziest shitposts in the thread, good job guys.
>>
>>104698
No, I think yours is the laziest shitpost in the thread, good job pointing out how stupid you are. Typical left-wing attitude, talk shit with 0 productivity, 0 points made, and 0 educational facts.
>>
>>104705
I refuse to believe someone would write up a retarded block of text including such """""facts""""" as "Japan didn't trade us oil so we nuked them" and "we've built walls for a long time so now we can build the perfect super wall and it's the best option available" unless they're shitposting. Laziest false flag to make Trump supporters look bad, nice try though libcuck.
>>
>>104710
>to make Trump supporters lo look bad
>implying they don't do that all by themselves
You are proving yourself wrong.
>>
>>104710
>libcuck

omg :p
>>
>>104710
I haven't heard a single alternative to reduce immigration and illegal trafficking from you. I've just heard stupid insults. I'm going to assume you're not going to contribute to the conversation in the slightest, just as I'm sure you've contributed absolutely nothing to society in the slightest. Go buy a book on how to insult people, read it, then come back and you might be good for at least one thing.
>>
>>104674
>We want our jobd back any ways.

I'm sure businesses will pay higher wages for workers than just automate everything. Yep nothing can go wrong here.
>>
>>104944
Math
>>
>>104925
immigrants are not the reason you are too mentally challenged to get a job
>>
Drones and electric sensors in this day and age would be cheaper i think.
>>
>>104984
>flying robots and lazers are cheaper than concrete and steel.
>>
>>104986
They can be. It depends on the intended duration of use and how big you want the physical wall to be.
>>
>>104984
they wouldn't stop anybody, though
>>
>>104994
You could probably make a more effective and economical solution using drones and response teams than you could by building a wall, at least in the short term. In the long term the upkeep costs would start to take their toll, but honestly there's no length of time longer than eight years worth worrying about (because then it's some other fuck's problem), so.... idk.
>>
>>104990
K well on planet Earth in 2017, flying robots and lazers are more expensive than a wall.
>>
>>105002
It depends, like I said. The problem is just how strong the wall has to be- it has to be good. Really good. It'll need a good solid foundation about a yard deep, need to be too tall to get over with a ladder, and too strong to ram with a truck. If you skimp on any of these three factors then you'll need to start monitoring the fence more and more closely, and eventually you reach the point where you could have just gone for monitoring and response instead of having a wall at all.

I fucking hate mexicans coming over here illegally too dude, and I genuinely hope they can erect a physical barrier of some kind to keep the cunts out until they get a visa or whatever. I don't think it can be done, but I hope it can be.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.