[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Police Seize 3,500 Stolen Artifacts, Arrest 75 in Suspected Art-Trafficking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/police-seize-3-500-stolen-artifacts-arrest-75-suspected-art-n710866

>Police say 75 people have been arrested and more than 3,500 stolen artifacts and pieces of art seized in a vast joint operation involving 18 European countries that dismantled an international cultural goods trafficking ring.

>Several of the seized objects "are of great cultural importance in the archaeological world, such as a marble Ottoman tombstone and a post-Byzantine icon depicting Saint George," Europol said in a news release Monday.

>Authorities said they had secured up to 500 archaeological objects alone in the southern Spanish town of Murcia, including 19 that were taken from the local archaeological museum in 2014.

>More than 400 coins from different periods were also seized.
>>
>The multi-national investigation — named Operation Pandora — started in October and the arrests began in November. It was led by investigators from Spain and Cyprus with support from 16 other countries, UNESCO and Interpol.

>It focused on "cultural spoliation" — the act of taking goods by force or looting, particularly in times of war.

>Almost 30,000 vehicles and 50 ships were checked by investigated and 48 588 people were checked, Europol said.

>It was not clear why the operation's results were announced two months after the arrests.
>>
>>102909
This is bullshit.
I know some coin collectors and the law to legalise this was passed last year and its outright theft.
Every coin that you can not provide proof of purchase (because every private purchase involves receipts) is considered stolen.
They are "confiscating" collections and my buddy told me he already saw a influx in offers from museums who received the "stolen" goods back.
If any of you are stupid enough to still be in Europe get the fuck out or take off to a country that doesn't enforce the law like Austria.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.