[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump ssigns executive orders: scraps TPP; enacts federal hiring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 1

File: 24trump-1-superJumbo[2].jpg (488KB, 2048x1426px) Image search: [Google]
24trump-1-superJumbo[2].jpg
488KB, 2048x1426px
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/us/politics/tpp-trump-trade-nafta.html?action=click&contentCollection=N.Y.%20%2F%20Region&module=Trending&version=Full&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

>WASHINGTON — President Trump formally abandoned the Trans-Pacific Partnership on Monday, pulling away from Asia and scrapping his predecessor’s most significant trade deal on his first full weekday in office, administration officials said.

>Mr. Trump sharply criticized the partnership agreement during last year’s campaign, calling it a bad deal for American workers. Although the deal had not been approved by Congress, the decision to withdraw the American signature at the start of Mr. Trump’s administration is a signal that he plans to follow through on promises to take a more aggressive stance against foreign competitors.

>In other action on a busy opening day, Mr. Trump ordered a hiring freeze in the federal work force, exempting the military. And he reinstituted limits on nongovernmental organizations that operate overseas and receive American taxpayer money from performing abortions. Republican presidents typically impose those restrictions soon after taking office, and Democratic presidents typically lift them when they take over.

>The president’s withdrawal from the Asian-Pacific trade pact amounted to a drastic reversal of decades of economic policy in which presidents of both parties have lowered trade barriers and expanded ties around the world. Although candidates have often criticized trade deals on the campaign trail, those who made it to the White House, including President Barack Obama, ended up extending their reach.
>>
>“We’ve been talking about this for a long time,” Mr. Trump said as he signed a document formalizing his decision. The withdrawal from the trade pact, he added, is a “great thing for the American worker.”

>Aides signaled that Mr. Trump may also move quickly on renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement. He is scheduling meetings with the leaders of Canada and Mexico, the two main partners in that pact, first negotiated by the elder President George Bush and pushed through Congress by President Bill Clinton. Nafta has been a major driver of American trade for nearly two decades, but it has long been divisive, with critics blaming it for lost jobs and lower wages.

>Mr. Trump outlined his views in his Inaugural Address on Friday, when he promised an “America First” approach to the world. “We must protect our borders from the ravages of other countries making our products, stealing our companies and destroying our jobs,” he said. “Protection will lead to great prosperity and strength.”

>He said that his policy would be to “buy American and hire American.”

>The Obama administration arduously negotiated the Pacific trade pact over eight years. Under legislation passed by Congress, the accord could not be amended once completed, nor could it be joined without congressional approval. Mr. Obama never submitted the partnership for approval, understanding that a defeat in Congress would be worse than leaving the deal in hibernation.
>>
>In discarding the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or T.P.P., Mr. Trump tacked away from his Republican allies in Congress who have long supported such trade agreements. Speaker Paul D. Ryan worked closely with Mr. Obama to pass legislation granting the president so-called fast-track authority to negotiate the trade agreement over the objections of many Democrats. But amid opposition, Congress never approved the deal itself.

>The agreement brought together the United States and 11 other nations along the Pacific Rim, including Canada, Mexico, Japan, Vietnam, Malaysia and Australia, creating a free-trade zone for about 40 percent of the world’s economy. It was intended to lower tariffs while setting rules for resolving trade disputes, setting patents and protecting intellectual property.

>Mr. Obama and his Republican allies argued that the pact would open growing foreign markets to American businesses. But Democrats, ultimately including Hillary Clinton, even though she had helped push negotiations forward as secretary of state, said it would benefit wealthy corporations at the expense of workers and the environment.

>Mr. Trump sided with them, and he beat Mrs. Clinton in crucial Midwestern industrial states like Michigan and Wisconsin that had traditionally gone Democratic but have been hurt by changes in manufacturing over recent decades.

>The president’s action on the deal came the same day he met with business leaders in the morning and was set to speak with union leaders in the afternoon. He will also meet with congressional leaders of both parties and hold a separate meeting with Mr. Ryan.
>>
Day one and TPP is already tot.

I like it.
>>
Let's be honest here, how many of the Republicans that post here really care about abortion?

To be honest, I was expecting trump to not go about this 'typical' action that Republicans take. Let the babies hit the floor. You're essentially making less future liberals.
>>
>>102846
>cuckservatives have sex with their cousins
>incest baby
>muh pro life
>give birth to the abomination
>mom can't support child because muh low skilled factory economy
>child is deformed, mentally deficient and neglected
>the next generation of republicans
>>
>>102861
please #notallconvservatives
>>
>>102861
>>102863
>why did we lose the election guys
>lets make fun of poor whites some more until we figure it out
>sounds good

>why did we lose again guys
>lets make fun of poor whites some more until we figure it out
>sounds good
>>
>>102846
Personally I couldn't care less outside how it's funded. Then again I'm a Republican that couldnt give less of a shit about gays either. I just can't get into the moral outrage in the party
>>
>>102861

Legalizing abortion because of rape and incest is like criminalizing eggs because of salmonella
>>
>>102903
Good analogy. It lets us know how retarded you are.
>>
>>102904
You know that the majority of abortions have nothing to do with rape or incest.
>>
I think abortion law should vary along racial lines. Illegal for whites, allowed for blacks, compulsory for mixed-race halfbreeds.
>>
>>102907
You know that the majority of abortions are black people and keep the crime rate low.
>>
>>102913

Are you false flagging, again?
>>
>>102919
Are you doubting it's true?
>>
>>102921
It's irrelevant, you false flagging idiot.
>>
Amerikuk gives more power to China? Putins bitch is on a roll boys!
>>
>>102925
Irrelevant to whom?
>>
>>102845
You don't even understand what the tpp is
>>
>>102912
heh, did you know i support abortion but ONLY for non whites?? bet you didnt expect that, i dont think you can top this. the thread is over now, i gotta tell you its great being one of the few to come up with these shocking, avant garde ideologies
>>
>>102986
2edgy4news
>>
>>102846
Their logic is sound though, since the Federal Government doesn't allow abortion neither should anything funded through taxpayer's money.
>>
>>102846
Let's be honest here, if you practiced abstinence, then abortions would be a nonissue.
>>
>>103003
The Federal Government allows abortion, but they don't give federal money to organizations that do it due to The Hyde Amendment. Planned Parenthood gets around this by offering other services. In fact abortion is something like 15% of all Planned Parenthood business. They are supposed to keep separate books for the two things.
>>
>>102929
Irrelevant is irrelevant you little dumbass
>>
>>103022
Tell it to The Ghost of Margaret Sanger
>>
>>103025
K dude what ever, shit.
>>
>>103026
(protip: it isn't irrelevant)
>>
>>102861
Incest rates are even across races, both pro-choice and pro-life positions have merit, parents unable to afford the costs of raising their children is a universal problem and all you need to make new generations of republicans is to let democrats say what they really think.
>>
>>102882
>why did we lose the election guys
implying he's a Dem

>poor whites
implying is just the poor conservatives that are into incest
>>
>>103183
>Incest rates are even across races
What does race have to do with it?
>both pro-choice and pro-life positions have merit
Ha! According to whom?
> parents unable to afford the costs of raising their children is a universal problem
It doesn't affect the rich so it isn't a universal problem.
>all you need to make new generations of republicans is to misrepresent what democrats say and what they really think.*
*ftfy
>>
>>103187
The conservative sister/cousin fucker stereotype doesn't apply to anyone but whites. Don't play dumb.

Both positions have merit because both positions still have facts and reasoned logic behind them when you take away the emotional passion involved with them.

That is a problem that affects every major demographic and every region within the country, but yes, I chose the wrong word.

And no, letting democrats speak their true unfettered minds is more than enough to convert people into republicans. Your side isn't any less attractive to the stupid, hateful, and corrupt and the many elements of the democratic party that qualify as such can and will drive people into the arms of their opposition. The arrogance that comes from assuming a party only loses support due to misrepresentations from its enemies is itself something that will drive people away.
>>
>>103192
>Your side isn't any less attractive to the stupid, hateful, and corrupt and the many elements of the democratic party that qualify as such can and will drive people into the arms of their opposition.
One of the two parties takes 10x as much lobbyist money than the other, thinks the free market can police itself and doesn't need any regulation, and has the support of 9 out of 10 American billionaires. I'll let you decide which one that is and which represents "the common man". I'll probably agree to disagree with you.
>>
>>103197
Neither party represents the common man anymore. They're both corporatist to the core and surrounded by circles of increasingly extreme social policies. The GOP being plagued with problems does not mean the democrats do not drive people away with their own flavors of bullshit. I'm not going to play a game of whataboutism when that was my point.

I didn't vote for either a democrat or republican this past election and I don't plan on changing that trend the next time around. Despite that, I'd be lying if I said democratic and progressive policies haven't been pushing me from my leftwing stances further and further to the right than I've ever been before. When I say democrats drive people away, I'm speaking from experience.
>>
>>102846
I like abortion as a law since it wipes out undesirables, but not morally, obviously.
>>
>>103206
To hell with your morality. America would be like Brazil were it not for abortion. A country is only as good as it's race.
>>
>>103204
God, I can't stand edgy libertarians. It's a good thing for America that your kind are less than 1% of the population.
>>
>>103197
>One of the two parties takes 10x as much lobbyist money than the other
https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/lobby_contribs.php

Pretty even split my dude. Money tends to flow towards who ever is in power.

>and has the support of 9 out of 10 American billionaires.
Hillary Clinton?

>I'll let you decide which one that is and which represents "the common man".
Neither, you're being played.

>I'll probably agree to disagree with you.
Useful idiots like to try and find their way back to the center to appear moderate.
>>
>>103254
>opensecrets
Oh, how quaint. Take your head out of the sand and smell the Citizens United SCOTUS decision, my friend. That money is unaccountable. You will never know the real number, but rest assured there are many more 501(c)4s on the right leaning end than the left. That's why the IRS tea party targeting scandal was a thing.
>>
>>103279
The Democratic rich and Republican rich are both conservative when it comes to economics.
>>
>>102839
How will trumpfags justify it now?
>>
>>103286
They'll be ignoring Trump's actions and concentrating on the liberals. In other words, rubbing it into the left's faces and drinking their tears.
>>
>>103287
>rubbing it into the left's faces and drinking their tears.
Seems to be the only goal of the trump administration so far.
>>
>>103290
>>103287
Turnabout is fair game liberals. You fucked us with Obama, now we fuck you with Trump.
>>
>>103292
>You fucked us with Obama
How so? inb4 breitbart's revisionist history
>>
>>103254
Guy, Trump is a billionaire, and is trying to push one of the most extreme forms of trickle down economics since Regan. Forget about your boogeyman Clinton for a minute and think about the person who is actually in power right now
>inb4 Trumpets pivot on Hilary because they can't possibly believe their God emperor could do wrong
>>
>>103219
Which is why I'm fine with it being law.
>>
>>103279
>This actual verifiable source isn't right, I am
>The evil Nazi Rethulicants are taking all the money from evil Nazi billionaire rapists and the Democrat heroes aren't!

I wonder if I was this cringy and stupid back when I was taking The Daily Show as gospel too. I should apologize to my parents some day.
>>
>>103300
The economy grew by like 7% GDP under Reagan.
>>
>>103292
That is such an immature, destructive way of thinking. Do you sincerely believe that "an eye for an eye" will improve America as a whole? That kind of attitude is turning America's greatest enemy into America. That is a childish attitude to have and you are ultimately perpetuating a divided nation. Remember when Trump said during his inaugural speech "when America is united, we are unstoppable" you are working directly against America's best interest if you think this is a fight between liberals and conservatives. You can't possibly claim to be a patriot if you are thinking like this.

t. Trump voter
>>
>>103304
And allowed the top 1% being in control of 99% of America's wealth, which lead to the recession of 2008. And not to mention, caused most of our jobs to be outsourced to foreign nations. Billionaires may employ the common American but they are not working in the interest of the common man, as Trump claims to do
>>
>>103308
Reagan didn't sign NAFTA, Bill Clinton did.
>>
>>103306
Liberals will never see eye to eye with us. What we want from the world is as much at odds as what the US wanted vs Imperial Japan during WWII. We want the world to deal with its own problems, the liberals are interventionist. We want an American economy that will benefit America; they want one that will benefit the globe. We want a strong Russia with us to fight China and Isis; the liberals are still stuck in the Cold War consider that to be treasonous. The liberals want to silence us; we will not be silenced any longer.

There is no compromise, because there is no common ground. They sneer down upon us from their ivory towers built upon shit and call us deplorable, racists, or fascists.
>>
>>103312
If you think Russia is a reliable partner and ally conservative America, then I have a bridge in the Sahara to sell you.
>>
>>103312
That stems from a simple misunderstanding, which is that the west is evil.

Simply correct this, which will occur as political correctness fades, and sanity returns.
>>
>>103312
>the liberals are stuck in the Cold War
>meanwhile I'm jerking off about a return to WW2 ways of thinking.

P.S. I don't think you're deplorable, racist, or fascist. I just know you're stupid and that there's no fixing that.
>>
>>103332
Yeah, and you know what, for all of our "stupidity," we outsmarted you and own America on every single level. What does that make you in comparison?
>>
>>103295
>ACORN and armed thugs forcing people to vote for him
>cling to guns and religion
>Obamacare and the planned death panels
>sanctions against Russia
>interventions
>breaking Iraq and Afganistan
>supporting Clinton
>murdering Antonin Scalia
>murdering many Americans in secret
>increasing the surveillance state
>Sandy Hook, Orlando, Boston, and Brussels false flags to take away our freedoms
>>
>>103333
>outsmarted
that's a funny way of spelling "we got fleeced like the impressionable sheep we are".
>>
>>103333
Anyone poor and rural may have won
Anyone poor and urban may have lost
Anyone rich and hedging their bets on Soros' manipulations lost big time
Anyone rich and hedging their bets on the Koch brothers won big time
Anyone playing bullish on the market took a hit
Anyone betting it all on defense contractors won big time
Anyone middle class is still in danger
Anyone with an investment in Bitcoin won big time

If you made no profit from this election you didn't win shit.
>>
>>103250
What about my post is edgy? It's pretty damn clear both parties are corporatist shells first and foremost. They both tried to oust outsiders and reformers from their primaries this past election.

I'm not a libertarian either. There's too much emphasis on the free market there to my liking. Though I will say, I can't see how it'd be a bad thing to have more people who don't care for either attempts to insert prayer in schools nor white privilege lectures aimed at those same students.
>>
>>103334
>>ACORN and armed thugs forcing people to vote for him
Didn't actually happen. James O'keefe is a convicted con artist.
>cling to guns and religion
Campaign rhetoric is still making you butthurt 5 years later.
>Obamacare and the planned death panels
Death panels were a myth created by Frank Luntz.
>sanctions against Russia
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>interventions
Which ones specifically?
>breaking Iraq and Afganistan
You must have been born on January 20th, 2009
>supporting Clinton
Oh no!
>murdering Antonin Scalia
>murdering many Americans in secret
Where are you getting this from? Jeff Rense?
>increasing the surveillance state
The one thing he actually did. Congratulations.
>Sandy Hook, Orlando, Boston, and Brussels
false flags to take away our freedoms
>>>/infowars/

All in all, good bait post. 4/10
>>
>>103334
>Murdering Antonin Scalia
>Sandy Hook, Orlando, Boston, & Brussels were false flags

You're a special kind of stupid aren't ya?
>>
>>103371
http://www.infowars.com/former-intel-officer-suspects-foul-play-in-death-of-antonin-scalia/

http://www.infowars.com/justice-scalia-died-surrounded-by-luciferians-special-report/

http://www.infowars.com/fbi-says-no-one-killed-at-sandy-hook/
>>
>>103399
>Infowars
>>
>>103399
>>>/infowars/
>>
>>103403
>>103405
Not an argument.
>>
>>103409
You're either fucking stupid or mentally ill if you believe that bullshit.
>>
>>103410
>You're either fucking stupid or mentally ill if you believe that bullshit.
It's worst, he's a /pol/tard.
>>
>>103414
Doesn't that just imply he is both?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.