[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Donald Trump had biggest inaugural crowd ever? Metrics don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 1

File: 1485008065976.jpg (328KB, 958x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485008065976.jpg
328KB, 958x1080px
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/21/sean-spicer/trump-had-biggest-inaugural-crowd-ever-metrics-don/

>At the first press conference of the new administration, White House press secretary Sean Spicer blasted the media, saying they deliberately misled the public about the size of President Donald Trump’s inauguration crowd.

>"Photographs of the inaugural proceedings were intentionally framed in a way, in one particular Tweet, to minimize the enormous support that had gathered on the National Mall," Spicer said on Jan. 21. "That was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe."

>Spicer offered a few "facts" to disprove media reports of low turnout, but many of them are misleading or inaccurate. His overall assertion that Trump’s inaugural drew the "largest audience" ever is flat-out wrong.

How does /news/ feel about this all together? The media is generally leaving out the point of general media bias called out for in this press conference, but do you think the media should be worrying about retweeting crowd sizes and using "slightly" misrepresenting photos to further a narrative? Do you think it wise of the Trump administration to fire back like this in a press briefing? How do you feel about the Trump team making overstated claims such as this? Thoughts, feelings, and predictions on the administration vs the media for the next 4 years?
>>
MSM will be Trump's worst enemy for the duration of his tenure. He proved them to be trivial, fictional, and liberally biased. Putting the The American People first in deciding their government's matters, challenges their domination agenda.
>>
It doesn't matter what the media report.

Die hard fans will deny even the obvious if their heroes say so.
>>
>>102383
>How does /news/ feel about this all together?
First big blunder of the administration. Main point is that the Trump Administration is not going to be different from previous administrations with respect to blatantly telling lies in press conferences.

> The media is generally leaving out the point of general media bias called out for in this press conference, but do you think the media should be worrying about retweeting crowd sizes and using "slightly" misrepresenting photos to further a narrative?
The point Spicer was trying to make was dwarfed by his blatant lies. Additionally, the angry and combative attitude of Spicer is very uncommon in press conferences. Even using this platform for discussing such things is uncommon. I don't think the press should have initially ran with stories about these crowd comparison photos (especially since Obama's first inaug crowd size was record breaking so future crowds were bound to regress towards the mean). It's true that the press ran with these stories to further the narrative that "no one likes trump", but it's also true that the press covers topics that are being discussed on social media and these comparison photos were among the most popular topics on social media.

> Do you think it wise of the Trump administration to fire back like this in a press briefing?
No. If the Trump administration didn't fire back I would have thought that the press was in the wrong for reporting on such an obviously agenda driven story. However, since the administration did respond in such a weird/dishonest way they are now the rightful subjects of negative reporting.

>How do you feel about the Trump team making overstated claims such as this?
It's childish, focus on bigger things. I know that "going to war with the media" is a political tool to gain public support but I mean come on.

>Thoughts, feelings, and predictions on the administration vs the media for the next 4 years?
I don't think anyone can predict what will happen.
>>
related
>>102193
>>102165
>>
>>102390
Great post.
>>
>>102390
He's using his tried and true distraction tactics because he's a slimy conman kike, just watch as people focus on this and ignore real problems.
>>
>>102396
>just watch as people focus on this and ignore real problems.
Are you referring to actual real problems that already exist or real problems that might occur in the future? If you mean ones that already exist can you mention the important ones in your view for me?
>>
>>102391
Yeah, I saw that thread; it's talking more about comparisons to the women's march and I wanted to focus on the media and executive relations, so alas, we're here.

>>102390
I agree with your 1st point that it is a "blunder", but I see that due to its execution rather than its purpose.

It's great for the Trump team to call out blatant bias for what it is when it exists. I can't remember, in recent memory anyway, the White House staff counterpointing journalism so derisively, as opposed to making "echo chambers" and feeding its sampled narrative out through the media. One would argue that large parts of the MSM were "asleep at the wheel" on several key moves by the last Administration for the sake of keeping face by name-recognition only; he's a "liberal" President, so why would the "liberal" news attack him?

The failure(or in this case, purpose) to admit strengths in the opposition or to undercut them is a common business tactic, but I'm not so sure that translates to public political policy. Is there really a problem with acknowledging that this is the 2nd largest inauguration ever, especially if it's to be compared to Barrack Obama's 1st? Aren't we all Americans? Don't we all play for the same team now? Or does this diminish the validity of the anti-establishment message?

cont:
>>
>>102399
cont:

I agree with your 2nd point that Spicer's argument(which is valid) is dwarfed by his egregious stretching of the facts and flat-out lies. Do you feel it unsettling that the Press Secretary is being used in this way? How about his tone; you are correct in saying that it is "different".

>No. If the Trump administration didn't fire back I would have thought that the press was in the wrong for reporting on such an obviously agenda driven story.

I'm not so sure about that. If you were an "average Joe or Jane", who watches CNN and gets a few news snippets from Facebook, how would you know that the press was being disingenuous on this "issue"? I know the MSM market is about 60/40 in terms of conservative/liberal television viewership, but I only really know this from being on /pol/, and I don't think the average American browse there; maybe I'm just in a liberalized bubble due to my environment and news feed, but I am one who does try to stay "in the know" and I wouldn't've come across this otherwise.

On your 4th point, I do agree that it is a bit childish to lie and make an impromptu conference for these issues; I think you could've tackled them on to Monday's and it would've been more effective.
>>
>>102399
>aren't we all Americans? Aren't we all on the same team?
This needs to be talked about more. Everyone is aware of the extreme split in the nation, but we can't continue the trend of half the nation hating our leader. Now with Trump a minority of voters actually support our president so how should citizens aproach these politics that very few individuals support? We are all on the same team, but we want to play very different games
>>
Its a pointless topic of discussion.

A nonissue that doesn't deserve that attention it's been given.

Like the small hands stuff, it's childish tabloid shit that makes the media look stupid when they do it and Team Trump look stupid when they take the bait.
>>
>>102405
We should organize assemblies state by state to petition state governments to petition the federal government to change the voting system and do away with first past the post.

We can't trust the government to get rid of a system that saw them all get into power to begin with.
>>
A journalist mentioned that it felt like the rant came directly from Trump himself and not necessarily from the Press Secretary. Like he had the thing dictated to him.
>>
>>102408
>We should organize assemblies state by state to petition state governments to petition the federal government

Yes.

>to change the voting system and do away with first past the post.

No. What we need to change is the access to all ideological philosophies of government and rule. An added, netrual, nonprofit media outlet that has equal representation for all "legitimate" political parties, plus a public debate stage fed by a "the Voice-esque" popular voting system to get candidates into would be the best thing for this country. Think of it like the Senate of political national media; I bet you'd have a lot more "progressives" in this country voting in their own economic self-interest than "independents / unaffiliated voters" choosing a side which neither has done anything for them lately.
>>
>>102422
I could see that by his flustered words and disposition. I shouldn't think that someone's press secretary has a problem with public speaking.
>>
>>102405
The only one who tried to talk about that was Kasich, and you see where that got him.
>>
>>102383
pbs time lapse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdantUf5tXg

The parks department was out of line for posting something obviously political but the pic they showed was pretty consistent with the day overall.
>>
>>102430
S'why I said "slightly" misleading pictures and general media bias to further a narrative and not outright lies. It's not so much about the actual crowd size as it is the media painting a picture with what people're unfactually tweeting about, and the current administration commenting on it.

Using the best skeptical assumptive data we have(I'm being generous with my adjectives here), Trump's inauguration is either the 2nd or 3rd largest behind, gasp shock horror, Obama's, who was the first black President. S'a little different for an old white rich businessman who's loosely/strongly affiliated with the "alt-right".
>>
>>102433
>Trump's inauguration is either the 2nd or 3rd largest behind, gasp shock horror, Obama's, who was the first black President.

Very false. It was the largest in history. Soros had hired those crowds (most of them illegal immigrants) to brigade Obuffet's dictatorial crowning, and even then, it wasn't as large. Don't drink the coolaid!
>>
>>102434
Source? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/20/obamas-inauguration-crowd-larger-than-trumps/
http://europe.newsweek.com/trump-inauguration-numbers-how-many-attended-545467?rm=eu
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Trump-Inauguration-Crowd-Estimates-410559995.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/20/trump-inauguration-turnout-dwarfed-obama-2009/

All the same, I don't like "coolaid", fren; that shit has artificial colors in it.
>>
>>102442
Also, forgot to add; it might be the 3rd largest behind FDR's, which was estimated to be about 1 million. Still, it's an impressive number if you look at the whole picture of how divided we are as a country, as opposed to our first black President and FDR's 57% support.
>>
>>102442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzHXelQi_A&ab_channel=CNN
>>
>>102446
That was debunked by the topic article.
>>
Both huge crowds. I believe he is right with total viewers period though, it's been almost ten years and there are now people watching livestreams on phones etc.

But they are both huge crowds, who really cares?

First black prez is gonna get a massive turnout. Donald Trump as prez is gonna get a huge turnout.

It's pretty trivial to argue about and there are so many variables...
>>
>>102433
You're not on /ck/ drop the 'za memes.
>>
>>102448
It started to matter when the administration turned what could have been an easy political victory over the media into a clear example of the administration telling blatant lies on their first fucking day. Trump's fragile ego is going to be a constant headache for them.
>>
>>102448
>It's pretty trivial to argue about and there are so many variables...
"Well if his crowd isn't as big as Obama then he won't be president anymore."

You would think that would be the issue given how much people claim to give a shit about crowd sizes.

4-8 years of screeching about petty, hollow victories and claiming to be oppressed and screaming in agony in public, while mindlessly repeating a mantra about Trump's fragile ego.
>>
>>102455
If Trump stopped validating the mantra daily it might go away.
>>
>>102407
It would not be an issue if President ThinSkin had just ignored it and if his press dude had not thrown an unprecedented hissy fit.
Drumpf is his own worst enemy.
>>
>>102446
Out right lying to the American people.
Lies
Lies
Lies
Lies
Did Trump write this speech?
>>
>>102460
No. Turned out it was mostly Bannon with some of Miller's input.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/315464-bannon-miller-wrote-trumps-inauguration-address-report
>>
>>102461
Well that explains the negativity and pessimism then. Whatever Trump's faults, I don't think he's a glass half full type. If it was his speech, he'd get up there and start saying how he's the greatest, and how the US is going to be absolutely number one in everything and so forth.
>>
>>102383
I honestly don't give a shit. I voted for Trump in both the primary and the general, but the fixation on the crowd size is childish.

On the other hand, expecting Trump to top Obama's inaugural numbers in DC is a fantasy, not just because of the fact that like, less than 5% of that town even voted for Trump, but because a huge portion of the city is black, so obviously Obama will get more people to show up, being the first Black Democrat president in an overwhelmingly Black Democrat city. Not to mention the overt threat of violence against Trump people.

Go hold the inauguration in a state like Texas, or even Ohio or Pennsylvania, and you could easily have inflated the attendance, because that's where his voters are.

The whole conversation is moronic either way.
>>
>>102466
Trump is easily trolled. I don't know if it's because that is who he actually is, or some sort of 4 dimensional chess he's playing against the news media, but the outward persona he has presented is that of someone whose buttons are easily pressed.
>>
>>102468
As most psychopaths, he presents as critically inadequate, insecure and ignorant; hey, same as most americans...except they don't have access to as much flashy, shiny, petty and pretty stuff as Precedent (sic) Trump.
>>
>>102469
I don't know if he's a psychopath, but he is definitely egotistic, petty, and might have something of an inferiority complex.

Nixon or even Hillary fit the psycopath label better.
>>
>>102468
Trump's said himself like 6 zillion times that he'll always punch back.

It's just a marketing thing I assume.
>>
>>102469
>psychopath
Let's try not to turn this into another buzzword meaninglessly tossed around by morons like fascism, racism, or whatever other dumbfuck bullshit is being parroted recently.
>>
>>102476
Sometimes, the best thing to do is leave it. I've seen him take things that have fallen out of, or never were in, the public's eye, and blow it up so everyone now knows about it. He's like a twist on the Streisand Effect, except instead of trying to hide/ignore things like Hillary, he gets up on stage and yells loudly and angrily about "how he didn't do it."

Also, all the people who say he's just playing the media are half right. He does play them, but he also makes a ton of mistakes, as can be seen whenever his spokesmen go out and try to smooth over the shit he says. I mean, how else would you read into Scaramucci's "don’t take him literally, take him symbolically” commentary?
>>
>>102482
I don't disagree, but this is just what he does, and it worked well enough to make him President, so who the fuck knows.
>>
>>102383
>>102430

Taken from /pol/:
>The aerial shots are mostly fake and taken at a time before it filled up.
>The PBS time lapse edited out the part when it actually fills up
>Liberals protesters were stopping people from going to the inauguration.
>The Lying Press continues to lie to us in an attempt to make Trump look bad.
>>
>>102539
What pictures are /pol/ touting?
>>
>>102383
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2009/jan/22/barack-obama-inauguration-web-traffic-soars
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/315510-inauguration-day-ratings-fox-triples-cnn-msnbc-combined

>At the traffic peak just prior to Obama's inauguration speech, CNN said it was running more than 1m concurrent streams.
>The live stream audience peaked at 12:15pm during President Trump’s Inaugural address at 2.3 million concurrent streams.

So I guess what Spicer could've "word salad"ed was that it was SEEN by more people?
>>
>>102550

Commercial 4G networks weren't even a thing in 2009; many still didn't use smartphones. I'd be surprised if folks used nearly as much mobile data.

Probably the most objective and difficult to contest measure is to compare public transportation utilization on the respective days.
>>
i'll just leave this here
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5ph3aj/proof_real_inauguration_crowd_size_vs_fake_news/
>>
>>102558
Right; its like comparing apples to oranges, like comparing the first black Prez inag to the 44th old white prez inag
>>
>>102457
He's never done that. But you'll continue to see what you want to see.
>>
>>102396
>>102405
>>102407
>>102422
>>102459
Trump was not elected to be a stoic ascetic that will humbly defer to the allegedly credible opinions of the establishment. He was elected to call everyone out on their bullshit, because no one else has the power because they fear losing their livelihood. Trump is an angry zeitgeist and if he doesn't wrestle with the corrupt establishment in every way possible, then it would be a waste of an election.
>>
>>102559
>People are still butthurt about this

Why?
>>
>>102725
except he's wrestling with himself, naked, covered in his own shit
>>
>>102789
Ah, so nobody is actually opposing him? That's good. It'll be easier to get stuff done then.
>>
>>102790
oh people are opposing him, but he's blissfully unaware
>>
>>102794
Blissfully unaware? so him calling the entirety of the mainstream media corrupt liars is Blissfully unaware?
>>
>>102796
he said they were telling lies about crowd sizes
he's unaware that the public hate him

he's living in some kind of deranged fantasy world
>>
>>102383
let me put it this way as a NOVA local.

Local Metro said they did not max out capacity, and even had public parking still available. As a store worker nearby our sales of bottle water and other event items picked up a little bit, noticeable but not huge.

The next day with the women's march, there weren't any announced public parking availability and we had trouble keeping the store stocked as we nearly sold out of bottle water and tampons.

So either Trump supporters pack and plan ahead to the point they have little impact on the local area, or there was just not that many people compared to some other events.
>>
It isn't a lie it is merely an alternative fact
>>
>>102797
A third of the electrorate didn't vote, a third hates him and a third voted for him. He wasn't elected to be loved, he was elected out of spite.
>>
>>102797
>he's unaware that the public hate him
you're pulling that out of your ass, he knows people hate him he only has to turn on a tv to see it repeated ad nausea, he just doesn't care

>he's living in some kind of deranged fantasy world
this is 100% accurate
>>
>>102817
i think he definitely cares, hence the damage control on saturday
he's a narcissist, he needs constant affirmation
>>
>>102831
>he's a narcissist, he needs constant affirmation

>snapping your head up after an 8 year power nap and stating the obvious
>>
>>102727
maybe because the press is lying and trying to discredit trump and his cabinet the second he stepped in?
>>
>>102849
it wasn't obvious to the anon i was replying to
>>
>>102797
>he said they were telling lies about crowd sizes
they were.
the pictures they spread are taken hours before the event started, compared to those of obamas where the event has started.
>he's unaware that the public hate him
he is very aware that like 10% of the population hate him, and it would be clear to you too if you weren't living in your own deranged fantasy world.
i mean for fucks sake, the press has ran a nonstop smear campaign on him for over a year now.
>>
>>102390
We need more posts like this on /news/.
>>
>>102797
>the public hate him
You wouldn't be making the same mistake you're accusing him of in being blissfully unaware are you? A bunch of people marching in a feel good, do nothing, take a lot of selfies, and spout empty platitudes march over the weekend does not represent the public at large.
>>
>>102469
He lacks empathy but he's a narcissist, not a psychopath.
>>
>>102880
lmao keep fooling yourself
you elected a grade a retard, good luck with that
>>
>>102888
bigger crowd than he got
>>
>>102886
Yeah we need more anti Trump bias, can't ever have enough of that.

"Blatant lies" lol... you people just won't let the campaign end.
>>
>>102891
Which is fine and dandy if you're interested in having a pissing contest with him like a bunch of testy little girls. Neither one represented the public at large. Not even close. That's part of the reason this entire subject is fucking retarded coming from both the press and the administration.
>>
>>102892
You seem triggered.
>>
>>102890
i'm not even american
it doesn't take half a brain to see how the "mainstream" media in america is 100% biased.
even less to notice how every single picture taken at the start of the event show the area to be full.
or you can go and trust a single picture with no "timestamp" & a video that cuts out the moment when the event starts, just because the oh so reliable media tells you to trust it.

what happened to all those "big bombs" they were gonna drop on trump since.... november?
oh wait
they had literally nothing but unreliable sources pouting nonsense, just like all the way through his campaign
>>
>>102895
>what are symbols
>>
>>102897
No I don't. That's just the best rebuttal you could come up with.
>>
>>102900
And again, neither the inauguration nor the march represent the public as a whole. Attaching symbolic meaning to either is to be a nonsensical partisan. Using either gathering to approximate the public's overall sentiment is stupid, just like this entire contention to begin with.

I have less respect for the press, the administration, and anyone who takes this shit seriously. Quite an accomplishment given the parties involved.
>>
>>102399
>2nd largest inauguration ever
is there a confirmed independent estimate anywhere? Everything I find right now puts it possibly lower than the 2005 and 1993 inaugurations
>>
>>102931
Several articles posted in this thread say that the attendance was 700 - 900 thousand, making it around 3rd/4th behind Obama and possibly behind FDR.

It's the largest to be viewed by media outlets.
>>
>>102924
>Attaching symbolic meaning to either is to be a nonsensical partisan.

the usa govt themselves gave it symbolic weight by having a big stupid ceremony
>>
>>102880
>10% of the population hate him
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/trump_favorableunfavorable-5493.html

Try something more like half.
>>
>>102814
I cast my vote for him to deny Clinton the presidency and to destroy liberals and shake things up. It wasn't about making things better, it was about revenge. If the rest of the country has to pay for this, then it is a worthy sacrifice.
>>
>>102975
easy there champ you might burn yourself with all that teenage angst.
Voting for someone out of spite is just childish, regardless of who it was for.
>>
>>103070
That guy has been false flagging for days lol

Its getting weird
>>
>>102383
why are there so many butt blasted libs on this particular board?
>>
>>103083
Why is this post cropping up in every trump thread? Don't you have something else to do than post shitty bait?
>>
>>103083
i've been wondering the same
they don't seem to give a shit about the facts you serve them on a silver platter, ignore them completely and proceed to reply something along the lines of "why are you so desperate to prove x" or " wow drumpfkin living in denial"
i guess it's hard to think with your own brain for once, instead of letting other people/media tell you what "the truth" is.
>>
>>102725
>He was elected to call everyone out on their bullshit
He wasn't calling anyone out on their bullshit. He was being delusional and refusing to look at the facts. His ego and psych makeup is incapable of coping with reality and that makes him like Nixon.
>>
>>102796
Not blissfully unaware, just delusional intransigence.
>>
>>102817
>he just doesn't care
Have you not been paying attention?
He deeply cares what people think of him, but he wont acknowledge it and compensates by living in his own delusion and makes statements that are blatantly not true.
>>
>>103276
Really shitty bait, friend. Would you care to crosslink to these alleged "facts" of yours that were met with cries of "drumpfkin living in denial!"?
>>
>>102877
>press is lying and trying to discredit trump
Not wholly true. True of some "news" sources but it is not as common as your self-deceptive rhetoric would have us think.
Statements like this parrots Trump, his paranoia driven smoke screen to hide the crap that comes out of his mouth and to protect his ego.
>>
>>102383
>Politifact
This is propaganda, and this is why:

Trump/Spencer never claimed it was the biggest crowd ever. They first defended the well-known fact that the often-passed around photo taken early into the inaug was misleading and that the crowd was bigger. When brought up again, the next day after online numbers came out, they claimed it was the most viewed inaug of all time. Considering 60+ million online from the majority of sources, it easily makes that claim.
>>
>Women have biggest march ever, and it's basically a march against Trump
>Should have been something that was talked about for weeks
>Forgotten about in a day
>Because Trump keeps goading people into talking about the inaugural crowds

This man is fucking hilarious. He could carpet bomb Mexico three years from now and STILL have people talking about a fucking crowd size.
>>
>>103363
So he deludes himself into thinking people love him by pretending he was elected the president?
>>
>>102457
Bull fucking shit.
>>
>>102466
Dubs of truth have been posted.
>>
>>102466
How did you vote in the primary? Are you a delegate?
>>
>>102634

he publicly responds on twitter to the most obscure slights

he filed a lawsuit against bill maher for joking about him being the child of an orangutan

as for the crowd size issue, he responded during his first address to the CIA.
>>
Was in DC looked like more at the protest than the inauguration. He is living in his own reality
>>
>>103072
He's just a lost child from /pol/.
>>
>>103435
Most of the people who participated in the women's march live in their own realities too. Almost literally, the stated motivation behind it was the vaguest platitude ever. They might as well have called it the "I like oxygen," parade. Everyone was there for their own reasons, it accomplished exactly nothing, and everyone has already forgotten about it.
>>
>>103432
>he publicly responds on twitter to the most obscure slights
What's wrong with defending yourself and being funny

>he filed a lawsuit against bill maher for joking about him being the child of an orangutan
Another joke/defending himself

>as for the crowd size issue, he responded during his first address to the CIA.

Stop
>>
>>103454
none of them are fucking POTUS
>>
>>103383
https://youtu.be/PKzHXelQi_A?t=47

"This was the largest audience ever, both in person and around the globe."

Notice he did not say that counting the viewers around the globe it was the largest audience ever, but rather:

BOTH in person AND around the globe.

This implies that the audience was the largest that had been witnessed in person and that had been witnessed around the globe.
>>
>>103473
Leaders reflect their countries. If millions of people come out for a feel good, do nothing march that's little more than a glorified excuse to walk around taking selfies then it makes sense the president is a blatant egotistic narcissist incapable of dealing with reality as well.
>>
>>103432
>he publicly responds on twitter to the most obscure slights

And people get mad at it. Instead of getting mad at the shit they should be getting mad at. He could commit a complete atrocity but unless it was on Twitter nobody would give a shit.
>>
>>103484
We heard you the first time loser
>>
>>103388
>Should have been something that was talked about for weeks
can you elaborate why?
because they had no agenda to march for, making the whole event more or less pointless.
>>
>>103511
Obviously not or you would understand that these false claims are coming from Trump himself.
>>
>>103492
That was more of a reflection of the previous president.

Two words: Beer summit.
>>
>>102447
Where do these meme people come from
>>
>>102390
TL;DR: Streisand Effect in action.
>>
>>103674
>meme people are people who point out the facts.

Fys.
>>
>>103759
The facts, you mean the ones you seem determined to ignore?
>>
>>103674
>Where do these meme people come from
Open Society Foundation.
>>
>>103276

This same exact post has been shit out by each side so many times.

>problem is facts don't fit their narrative
>"opposing side" just hates those pesky facts!
>funny thing is there's these things called facts
>smugface.jpg.jpg.jpg.jpg
>>
https://twitter.com/sluggahjells/status/824466850851524608

THIS GUY
>>
>>102725
Who's bullshit is he calling out exactly? He's the one who seems to be full of shit most of the time honestly.
>>
>>104722
That the msm would stoop to reporting on such a non issue. At the end of the day it was one of the most viewed inaugurations on par with Obama and Reagan's. It's dumb to go against media's numbers when it's one of the scant few things the media is the primary source on, but it's just going to be another soundbyte in the endless noise that is the msm hating the shit out of Trump. Honestly this has gotten into a "boy who cried wolf" so if he actually does something terrible nobody is going to care. It will just be CNN and NBC twisting the narrative for the millionth time.
>>
>>104726
What's the source on the inauguration being one of the most viewed?
>>
>>104729
https://www.google.com/amp/ew.com/tv/2017/01/21/trump-inauguration-ratings/amp/

Yeah yeah entertainment weekly but they source the chart near the bottom of the article. Obama had a million more viewers in 2009 and before that Reagan had 40+.
>>
>>104731
7 million more my mistake
>>
>>104731
>>104733

http://www.campaignlive.com/article/trump-draws-5th-largest-tv-audience-inauguration-history/1421652

Ratings aside, it seems like the viewership for Trump's inauguration was the 5th highest in history, which isn't amazing considering there are only 10 or so presidents since the advent of modern television. Yeah it's true that he had viewers, but for Spicer to have the audacity to claim that it was the most watched ever is pretty weird. The media definitely has issues with sensationalist content as well to some extent, but the Trump administration needs to wipe their own ass before they can start pointing out shit in other places.
>>
>>104737
Personally I could care less, I didn't vote for him because I wanted him to have a big inauguration. I just wanted someone to stop these h1b visas from destroying my career. At what point in the last 30 years has he not exaggerated literally everything he says anyways? If the media would rather report on this instead of giving the prime viewing slots to the wall or the tarriffs or actively reducing gas prices or warming up Russian relations then that's really fine. If he gets around to rounding up illegals and deporting them en masse in a very messy manner then who will care? It'll be like the small hands controversy, or when his press sec lies about ratings. Just blown out of proportion by lugenpresse™
>>
>>104752
Well I mean I thought we were talking about whether Trump was qualified to call people on their bullshit. Trump seems to care just as much about ratings as the media
>>
>>104737
Spicer claims it's the highest viewed by including stuff like CNNGo, other online versions of news enterprises, streaming sites a la Youtube, etc, which is hard to track. To be fair, more people would be watching mobile nowadays as cable viewership and subscriptions are plummeting, so I wouldn't be surprised if people actually dug into the data and found out that Trump's was the most globally viewed ever, and being the 4th largest crowd size.
>>
>>104778
I haven't seen anything to even hint that Trump's inauguration was the most globally viewed.
>>
>>102383
>using that photo specifically
This is the one that has seen the most circulation from what I can tell. I'm posting it here in hopes of providing more context to the thread.
>>
>>104791
That's what I get for trying to post on mobile. Here:

>http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/donald-trump-barack-obama-inauguration-crowd-size/
>>
>cnn
>>
Man, I never thought I'd see the the day... Where crowd size is the biggest thing about a president and not what he'll do in his presidency. Who cares how big the crowd was? It's like saying Trump's hands aren't small. Who fucking cares?
>>
>>104902
Trump cares because he has a tiny penis. It's oh so small.
>>
>>104913
Over 9000% projection
>>
>>104902
It's only up for debate because some people are trying to pass off outright lies about it as the truth
>>
>>104902
>Who fucking cares?
liberals
>>
>>104913
Liberals always reverting the debate towards to penises. Keep the dick in your ass and not into political discussion.
>>
You guys need to change your way of thinking. I am a Liberal and I really like trump. I hope they do not impeach him because I really have the other fake bible thumpers behind him. It's like getting the republicans in Mississippi trailer park and lumping them with the rest of republicans that are overall pretty cool. Not all liberals are hippies . I have Ar15, 9mil, house on lake, money , good job, pro-life, socialist / nationalist tendencies. I pretty much was a Bernie guy transformed to a Trump Guy. I like what he is doing right now and I would go one step further and take down the 1%.
>>
>>105010
I am also a cable technician. I have been in over 20,000 houses. I agree with everybodies views. Once they see I have the same commonalities, they go even deeper and I know everybodies real political beliefs.
>>
>>105010
So , about the wall. Now you know my origination of thought.
Trump was actually really trying to get everyone together. I think he thought it could be possible. He pretty much has.
So for them to post that about the crowd size offended Trump.
Trump will never let anyone ever have the last word. I am like that. After time,
He will take the will away from them
>>
>>102634
>Obama had larger crowds than I did for my inauguration?
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Very low-energy!
>>
Why do people seem to think that the media hates Trump when he gives them the easiest headlines and views that they ever had?
>>
>>105010
If he took reasonable stance on EPA, increasing access to health care, public education, access to abortion, and at least proposed material support for setting alternative destinations to securely resettle refugees so that they could sustain their livelihoods somewhere outside of the west, he could close all borders indefinately and I'd still support him.
>>
>>106048
>reasonable stance on EPA
Agreed

>increasing access to health care
Agreed

>public education
Needs a massive reform in terms of how things are funded and run. There's way too much overhead and the insular political groupthink that passes for education these days needs to be quashed before I'll ever support expanding it.

>access to abortion
Agreed, though I'm in favor of being brutally honest about this. Yes, women can and should have access to abortion up to a designated time of 20 weeks or so. The pro-life people need to accept that some evils are necessary in a society like this and terminating a fetus before it has developed the processes associated with human sentience is preferable to forcing women to endure unwanted pregnancies.

At the same time, the pro-choice crowd needs to accept that abortion is without any hint of doubt killing what would under normal circumstances become a viable child, and that the process is not to be celebrated as anything but a last-resort. No tiptoeing bullshit around it.

>setting alternative destinations to securely resettle refugees
Problem is, where exactly can they go beyond their own countries and your own? You can't exactly force a third party to accept them without some massive incentivized subsidies and even then there's no guarantee life will get any better. I agree with you, but that's a solution that's not exactly realistic in the long term.
>>
>>106061
You do realize that nobody actually celebrates abortion except for maybe a tiny fragment of the trashiest population, right? Even liberals see it as a necessary evil, nobody likes killing babies but it's ultimately better this way. What you're advocating is already the norm, nobody even does late-term abortions unless in cases of medical emergency.
>>
>>106062
I don't think it's that tiny a fragment, nor is it that obscure when you can easily find pundits on TV clamoring for women to get their abortion quotas in while they still can with utmost sincerity.

What I'm talking about is abandoning the weasel-worded framing of abortion as "terminating the fetus," where every pretends as hard as they can that what they're doing is not wholesale killing of a viable baby. I live in a rather socially liberal city and see many people who try as hard as they can to downplay the realities of abortion.

The problem with the pro-life vs pro-choice crowds is they seem to come at this contention with their own extremely biased points of view, framing things in ways to support them and them alone. Yes, life begins at conception, and yes it is indeed just a clump of cells until a certain point. Yes it is indeed killing a child and yes it is the right of a woman to decide when and how she becomes a mother.

I want both sides to dispense with the bullshit they use to make others supportive of their arguments and approach it honestly so as to find the best workable compromise.
>>
>>106061
Good post. I agree completely. People need to start caring about being right objectively, not having their current views confirmed. This is a massive problem on both sides of the political spectrum.
>>
>>106077
Whatever type of killing you want to call abortion don't forget that, even if the abortion didn't happen, the chances of a viable child happening are pathetically low.
Miscarriages happen all the time at any point during the pregnancy. Most people don't even realize they miscarry if it happens early enough.
At fertilization, there is a 75% chance the pregnancy will fail. That drops to a 30% chance of miscarriage after implantation and keeps dropping as the pregnancy progresses.

Realistically, there is zero guarantee of a viable baby. Ever.
It's why, rightfully, expectant mothers are so paranoid every step of the way.
>>
>>106176
yes, thing happens so naturally that means people deliberately causing things to happen is okay

>people stub toes so you can jam their toe into a wall

>people die so it's okay to kill

>people sometimes fall off buildings so it's okay to push them

etc
>>
>>106176
>even if the abortion didn't happen, the chances of a viable child happening are pathetically low.
no, it isn't
by the time you're deciding on whether or not to get an abortion, there's barely any factors, that in modern times, would lead to miscarriage. (if you count out the self-inflicted ones like anorexia and such)
>>
>>102405
Tell that to the Republicans in senate and congress, who sank to despicable new lows during the Obama administration when blocking and obstructing everything that the administration tried to do. Now we have a lot of the same shameful Republicans there still who dont like trump
>>
>>102405
What is there to talk about? We are not just divided by race but by socioeconomic status as well. We all want to be millionaires and go mad when it doesn't happen, not understanding that the capitalist system we all love so much has it's winners and losers and someone other than me is to blame. A large majority of my fellow Americans Ralph Kramden their way through life, going from one get rich quick scheme to the next always failing but never taking responsibility for their own failures.
>>
>>106227
By the time you piss positive on a pregnancy test, yes there is still a 1 in 3 chance of miscarriage in a first world country. No matter how good you take care of yourself.

>>106181
I'm saying it is misleading to claim every abortion would have become a child. I agree it's an intentional death.
>>
>>106295
>By the time you piss positive on a pregnancy test, yes there is still a 1 in 3 chance of miscarriage in a first world country. No matter how good you take care of yourself.
sure, if you happen to do that on your first 2 weeks, which isn't really all that often.
>>
>>105010
>I would go one step further and take down the 1%
You realize he is going to do the literal opposite of that right? He IS the 1%. He is a crony capitalist through and through. He has a massive deregulation boner and is getting ready to fuck America's ass raw, without any of that "consumer protection" lube shit.
>>
>>106176
I'm keenly aware, but that does not change what an abortion is.

>>106295
I admit, I chose my words a bit oddly there when I obviously meant normal circumstances without any complications. I know pregnancies are fraught with uncertainty all the time due to having nurses in the family who've shared horror stories of being the only one in their department willing to help patients undergoing late-term abortions due to things like anencephaly.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.