[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mark Zuckerberg is suing hundreds of Hawaiians to protect his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

>Mark Zuckerberg paid close to $100 million for 700 acres of beachfront property on the island of Kauai in 2014.

>Now the Facebook billionaire is suing a few hundred Hawaiians who still have legal-ownership claims to parts of his vacation estate through their ancestors, as first reported by the Honolulu Star Advertiser.

>Three holding companies controlled by Zuckerberg filed eight lawsuits in local court on December 30 against families who collectively inherited 14 parcels of land through the Kuleana Act, a Hawaiian law established in 1850 that for the first time gave natives the right to own the land that they lived on.

>The 14 parcels total just 8.04 of the 700 acres Zuckerberg owns, but the law gives any direct family member of a parcel's original owner the right to enter the otherwise private compound. Only one of the parcels is being used, by a retired professor named Carlos Andrade, who has joined Zuckerberg as a coplaintiff in the lawsuits.

>The quiet-title suits filed are designed to identify all property owners and give them the ability to sell their ownership stakes at auction, according to Keoni Shultz, an attorney representing Zuckerberg. Because the ownership stakes are passed down and divided among family descendants by the state, many people don't realize they have a claim until action is taken against them in court.

>“It is common in Hawaii to have small parcels of land within the boundaries of a larger tract, and for the title to these smaller parcels to have become broken or clouded over time," Shultz told Business Insider in a statement. "In some cases, co-owners may not even be aware of their interests. Quiet title actions are the standard and prescribed process to identify all potential co-owners, determine ownership, and ensure that, if there are other co-owners, each receives appropriate value for their ownership share.”

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mark-zuckerberg-suing-hundreds-hawaiians-161842458.html
>>
>This isn't the first time that Zuckerberg has taken steps to fortify his Kauai property. Last year he angered neighbors by constructing a rock wall that blocked their views of the ocean.
>>
So I guess he's zukerburging people.
>>
I hate this fucking retard...sorry.
>>
And yet this man speaks out against the US wanting a border wall.

Hey, Zuckerberg, let's build bridges, not walls, okay?
>>
>>101669
>It's not racist when I do it!
>>
>>101668
It's ok
>>
ZUCCED
>>
Black Lives Matter okay?

Now get off my property Hawaiians :^)
>>
>>101669

The same goes for any rich person who's advocating the opening of borders/unrestricted access for migration and any such nonsense, they never actually want to live next to those people that do come into the country, legal or illegal.
>>
>>101669
The same guy who lectured Obama about privacy yet his company has a long history of privacy viloations and invasive policies.

The guy is a hypocritical douche. Never been on FB, never will.
>>
>>101714
>>101724

/pol/ probably has a whole catalogue of things to call him, but I shall call him the one thing that is most appropriate: traitor.
>>
>>101768

>/pol/ probably has a whole catalogue of things to call him

One word will suffice: Jew.
>>
Retards in this thread: please read the entire article before replying,

I won't re-quote shit that's on the first post, just give you a hint that the headline is clickbait and the final paragraph, the one beginning with "It is common," explains.
>>
>>101669
>Thread
>>
>>101657
Thing is a monster and a disease on this earth. He will never be right in the head. There is no one he wouldn't destroy or child he wouldn't cheat out of candy to keep making more money: to prove he isn't the total loser he is, nothing without money. He will one day face the consequences for these violations but especially for all the rape and murder that would "not have been" but that his anti-social site--that he--passed on messages that lured people to getting raped or murdered. Trillions of dollars wouldn't be worth the karma he has coming his way.
>>
>.5 Things fakebook ceo won't tell you
>>www.readersdigest.ca/home-garden/tips/13-things-facebook-wont-tell-you/5/

The company doesn't lie, cheat and steal: The CEO does.

When the guy isn't blatantly lying to advertisers about advert views--lying to some seriously nasty, criminal guys--the guy is selling people's information and saying it was hacked. Lots of corrupt and criminal ceos make deals exactly the same as this all the time (yahoo); and the guy's mindless, idiotic followers don't mind because they're so desperate for attention even if its from other losers on fakebook.

Brainless people babble on these anti-social sites. Most of them--if not all of them--so senseless, clueless, autistic and ADHD that they can't focus long enough to cross a street. They're so inadequate and insecure they have to crack out on their phone every ten seconds or they panic.

Depending and relying on this type of stupid follower for one's riches can't possibly end well. Too bad, so sad...not. Deserves it. I'm surprised some mafia advertiser didn't get ticked off enough to get revenge on him for being bent over and screwed. Must be a few who at least think about it.
>>
>>101657
>>101658
Wtf I love mark zuckerberg now
>>
To everyone comparing Zuckerberg's wall to Trump's: private property is completely different than international boarders. For one thing, only one person owns the property: the property owner. International boarders are shared and used by hundreds of millions of people. Any asshole can build a wall between their neighbor's yard and theirs, that doesn't need to be discussed and approved by the whole neighborhood. Walls on private property and international boarders are legally and morally different from one another.
And before you spergs get sidetracked, I think Zuckerberg is and complete douchebag, just like every other billionaire on the planet
>>
>>101669
every rich person ever because they know they wont have to deal with it like us normal people.
>>
>>101768
his jews. its in his blood.
>>
>>102589

> International boarders are shared and used by hundreds of millions of people

Except you can't just cross them willy nilly.

You have to go through a legal route to actually cross over into another country.

It's the same as if you were jumping over private property wall: both get you arrested because you were not allowed/invited in the first place.
>>
>>103184
right, but my main point was the scale at which the two exist and are used. Zuckerberg is one guy. He is the only person involved in the decision to build a wall on his private property (unless a permit is needed). The money is coming from his pocket, and he will decide who can and can't pass the wall. Zuckerberg is effectively the dictator of his own private property (to an extent). The USA is a democratic nation, a majority needs to agree in order for something to happen. The wall on our southern boarder is a controversial topic. Not everyone agrees with it
>>
Related

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-furious-down-hundreds-protesters-000537628.html

Jews will be Jews.
>>
>"The quiet-title suits filed are designed to identify all property owners and give them the ability to sell their ownership stakes" >"Because the ownership stakes are passed down and divided among family descendants by the state, many people don't realize they have a claim until action is taken against them in court."

Literally just trying to buy the land so he doesn't have a million random Hawaiian people who may at some random point figure out they can legally get onto cuckerberg's island. Nobody he's "suing" lives on the island, and the only other person who lives there is on zuckerydoo's team in the matter.

Click bait at it's finest.
>>
He has dropped the case.. zuc btfo'd!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38780822
>>
>After Mr Zuckerberg dropped the case, Mr Ing responded saying: "I am humbled. Thousands of everyday people stood up and spoke out against one of the most influential billionaires, the best PR professionals, and the best attorneys in the world, and we won."
>>
>>101657
He's a Jew, what did you expect?
>>
>>105262
next step is to free palestine
>>
>>101657
It sounds scummy at a glance but this sort of thing is very common in areas where property rights are . . . blurry at best. I live in Newfoundland and this sort of shit pops up a lot. It only became possible for private citizens to buy land here a few hundred years ago and when it happened people who could afford it bought huge amounts of shit woodlands or "garbage land" for cheap. They'd pass the property down to their children / grandchildren who might sell chunks of it to friends and neighbours without documenting anything (we're talking functionally illiterate 19th century farmers and fishermen making verbal contracts here). Now some of those areas are becoming new residential neighbourhoods and the like. What was fairly worthless land can now go for a premium and it's not exactly clear who is legally entitled to it.

In cases like this suing the landowners is often the only legal means to get in contact with them. As the article states a lot of people who could potentially claim ownership of the land he wants probably don't even know about it. In Zuckerbergs case he's lucky he has that option. Around where I live it's entirely possible for you to buy a piece of land without having access to the title because it doesn't exist (http://www.ma.gov.nl.ca/lands/ownership/squatters.html)

I'm sure Zuckerberg is a prick but this is a non-story.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.