[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT, we discuss possible reasons as to why JR West hasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 207kei201kei970327_366-17.jpg (375KB, 601x400px) Image search: [Google]
207kei201kei970327_366-17.jpg
375KB, 601x400px
> Because JR West doesn't feel the need to get into a chinchin-measuring contest with JR East's E235s, E353s and EV-E801s.

> Because the Kinki region is poor compared to Kanto, and JR West doesn't have a big revenue base like JR East has; especially with the Osaka Municipal Subway and Hankyu/Keihan cannibalizing JR West's market share.

> Because JR West went broke buying their Shinkansen fleet (N700s) and can't afford to order any more 225-100/225-5100 and 323s.
>>
By the way:

-The trains pictured are a 207 series and an ex Keihin-Tohoku Line 201 series on the Kobe Line east of Nishinomiya (more specifically, between Konanyamate and Ashiya).

-If you don't know about the EV-E801:
http://tetsudo-shimbun.com/archives/003/201511/large-564ed2100ad89.jpg
It's going to replace the KiHa 40 series on the Oga Line in Akita Prefecture in 2017.
>>
>>997099
Do you know that trains are supposed to last 50-100 years, right?
>>
>>997099
>>997101

>Keihin-Tohoku Line
>201 Series

That line never used it, it was 103 > 209 > E233. The 201 Series you see were used in the Tokaido/Sanyo Main Lines as 7-car sets before they were replaced, rearranged into 8/6-car sets and got reassigned elsewhere

>Not just post in the Japanese Railways thread

Shiggy Diggy Doo
>>
File: you're serious.jpg (55KB, 479x361px) Image search: [Google]
you're serious.jpg
55KB, 479x361px
>>997106
>Do you know that trains are supposed to last 50-100 years, right?
>>
>>997106
Not from a financial standpoint.

There's a thing called useful life
>>
>>997101
>>997099
Wow this is some next level autism.
>>
Theres nothing wrong with old rolling stock!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Az-T4ctLGoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
https://youtu.be/Az-T4ctLGoU
>>
>>997281
>comes to the most autistic board on 4chin
>gets surprised over high levels of autism
for what purpose
>>
File: DSC01320.jpg (940KB, 2456x1632px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01320.jpg
940KB, 2456x1632px
Besides JR West being poorer, I've always held the belief that they run the shitter trains on lines where they don't like the user base. The Hanwa/Loop line is lol. The Nara line is full of tourists and students.
I imagine they'll start shifting things around once the 323s come in proper. Although besides it all, I don't think JR West really subscribes to the shinkeiretsu densha concept, because of the above in that they're poorer.

Now, Hankyu. There's a classy one.
>>
>>997281
>Knowledge is a disease
>>
>>997291

Well, they will have to eventually replace the trains at some point since it will become cost prohibitive to keep the older sets running. After looking through the JP Wikipedia pages, West JR still has quite a lot of old JNR commuter EMUs left (I'll just do the subtotals):

Kanazawa GRSC: 55

Suita GRSC
Kyoto: 116
Morinomiya (Osaka Loop Line): 184
Nara (Kansai Main Line and Nara Line): 174
Hineno (Wakayama Area): 210

Aboshi GRSC: 40

Shimonoseki GRSC
Shimonoseki: 246
Hiroshima: 57 (most were replaced by the 227 Series recently, and more will probably be replaced as the rest of the order are built)

Okayama Branch: 255
>>
File: KuMoHa42.jpg (184KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
KuMoHa42.jpg
184KB, 1280x960px
No money plus Kansai frugality. They kept the KuMoHa42 in service until 2003.
>>
>>997106
More like 30 to 40, with a major revision around 20.
These things are used a lot harder than old steam-locos were and are much more complex.
Of course you could just mend everything that breaks for more years, but it'd be way beyond economical in most cases, since shit will fail all the time and compatible technology won't be easyly available anymore, and therefore either not available at all or horribly expansive.
>>
>Old rolling stock

Trust me, here in Hungary our rolling stock is made up strongly by electric locomotives and passenger cars from the 1960-70s

pic related

BTW I'm not complaining at all, cuz I like them and there aren't any more reliable locomotives and coaches in the whole MÁV rolling stock, just curious why is it bad if a well-functioning part of the rolling stock isn't as young as a baby
>>
>>998268

It is not necessarily bad if part of the rolling stock is old, but there will be drawbacks as time goes on

- Gaps for technological and safety advancements will eventually widen
- Less efficient in terms of energy consumption compare to contemporary counterparts
- Repair/Refurbish older rolling stock will eventually become uneconomical as older parts will become harder to come by and cannabalizing older sets can only do so much

With that out of the way, for Japan's case I'm pretty sure JNR era rolling stock will probably be still in use into 2020s and perhaps even further until the very last KiHa 40 series DMU is scrapped
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.