[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

H-hold me, guys. I just learned that the TCR Advanced 2 (2017)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

H-hold me, guys.

I just learned that the TCR Advanced 2 (2017) IS NOT coming to my country in this awesome blue color.

cont.
>>
Instead, all that we are getting is this thing that looks literally like every other fucking boring road bike on the market today.

Fuck the importers man, seriously.
>>
File: Contend SL 1_Blue.jpg (210KB, 1438x900px) Image search: [Google]
Contend SL 1_Blue.jpg
210KB, 1438x900px
>"Oh, anon-kun, were you excited about this new Contend SL 1 endurance bike in the same blue color?"
>>
File: Contend SL 1_Black.jpg (212KB, 1438x900px) Image search: [Google]
Contend SL 1_Black.jpg
212KB, 1438x900px
>>995326
>"Well too fucking bad! You can only have it in the same lame black/red/white scheme that makes it look like every other entry-level bike ever. Why? Fuck you, that's why!"
>>
The whole you can have your road bike in any color as long as it's black, preferably matte, shit is triggering me badly. It's like they think their target market is 15 year old high school kids who think matte black looks cool.

It's like they can't even into marketing. People see tons of black bikes on the road and they don't stand out even with all the LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK going on. Come up with a colour or two that you start using as a trademark colour on your frames. Make them stand out. Offer the "stealth" models to the few edgy teenagers who buy carbon framesets/bikes and adults who want something as dark as their depressed soul.

For this reason alone my next bike will be Orbea and it's gonna be fucking fabulous. Just waiting for campy to release record/chorus hydraulic discs.
>>
>>995326
>adventure road sport geometry
I throw up in my mouth a little at some of the memes big manufacturers churn out
>>
>>995333
Raw carbon is cool faggot
>>
>>995335
Yeah, the memes are pretty bad. The bike doesn't look half-bad though, but only in that blue colour.
>>
Another thing about frame colours which triggers me is that different models come in different colours and you can't have the colour you want with the parts you want.

Just look at the CAADX lineup for example. 2016 Tiagra model was nice blue red and black, 2017 Tiagra model is glorious bright green. Meanwhile the 105 model is black and white which is still somewhat fine. However the Ultegra model is OD green in matte and looks fucking awful.

>>995336
Maybe if you're an edgy teenager or feel the need to showcase the fact that you can afford carbon frame to everyone.

Besides I'm not saying they should stop offering the matte black bikes. Just offer a few other colours that people can choose from so they're not stuck with a single colour the manufacturer decides to use in their great wisdom.
>>
>>995322
Why is the bike industry so... old?
All this "models/colors/whatever depends on region" BS is ridiculously stupid and has no place in this day and age. It belongs back in the 20th century. Come on, it's 2016. Guess what? I can easily find what bikes in what colors you make in your little Taiwanese factory using... THE INTERNET!
But thanks to a retarded importer or a regional branch that decides that "durr, I guess black will sell better" I'm forced to weep and look at internet pictures of happy Polish Peter and Malaysian Firash who get to ride their sweet blue bicycles while I'm stuck here with a boring black bike. Grow some fucking balls, importers.
>>
>>995337
No it looks like comfy, zippy bullshit. The only area this bike would perform remotely tolerably is going up a greater than 8% grade.
>>
>>995340
You know...you don't NEED to get a frame from a top manufacturer...
>>
>>995342
I'm not sure what you meant by that. Could you elaborate?
>>
>>995344
The Chinese make unfinished frames. You can get a custom finish domestically or see if they can provide one. Either way it's going to cost something though.
>>
>>995347
>get Chinese open mold frame
>get it painted professionally locally
>painting it voids the chink warranty
>end up paying the same for your pretty Chinese frame with no warranty as name brand frameset
Don't really see the point here
>>
>>995348
It's just as good a frame and it looks exactly how you wanted it to.
>>
>>995349
Like, isn't that why you're complaining? Bc you don't like the way the bike looks? Also who cares about the warranty? It doesn't exactly cover accidents does it? Just look over the frame and ride it a few times before painting it.
>>
File: 1377526939968.gif (365KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1377526939968.gif
365KB, 500x275px
>>995347
I see your point now. My main gripe, however, is not that I'm not able to get the color scheme I want. It's that someone from another country/region/continent can just walk up right into their LBS and order a blue TCR/Contend RIGHT NOW, while I'm suffering here because of one decision of some incompetent person who doesn't like blue. Kinda childish, I know.

What did I do to deserve this? I did nothing wrong. Why do I have to suffer like this?
>>
>>995353
Oh aren't we facetious
>>
>>995322
I work for Giant. The way it goes is that shitty countries get shitty colors. Seems to me that your country is rather shitty, anon. My condolences.
>>
>GIGOT
>>
>>995322
>>995326
I was literally tossing up between these two for a new road bike this year and went through exactly the same pain as you OP :'(

>>995341
The fuck dude? the geometry of the contend sl and tcr adv are both practically identical to each other and every other all-rounder road bike on the market. Just because they use words like "adventure endurance sport" to describe the 2mm change in length in one random tube doesn't mean anything except marketing bullshit. It's just a normal fucking road bike..
>>
>>995358
Can you tell me why Australia isn't getting the contend SL (w/o disc) at all then faggot?
>>
>>995386
All rounder road bike is a meme
The one thing that matters is how they handle at high speed
The geometry is distasteful to me specifically because it has mass appeal and that it takes design cues from less than performant geometries. It may not be the epitome of the stagnation of road cycling, however it is reminiscent of the things I hate about it. It is a machine made around the whims of the elite, not my command.
>>
steel is real
>>
File: DSC_0881.jpg (899KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0881.jpg
899KB, 1200x795px
>not having this TCR color scheme
>>
>>995322
>buying Giant
>>
>>995410
Cool fence, where's the bike though?
>>
>>995396

This pissed me off. Instead I bought a Merida. My local Giant dealer is a flog anyway so meh.
>>
File: 200802_13_rivervale.jpg (213KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
200802_13_rivervale.jpg
213KB, 800x600px
>>995322
>in this awesome blue color.

flat bar road bike
>>
File: 1332292038296.jpg (225KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
1332292038296.jpg
225KB, 1024x614px
>>995322
stay safe and flat bar road bike
>>
File: 1375902110137.png (128KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1375902110137.png
128KB, 800x800px
>>995386
>I was literally tossing up between these two for a new road bike this year and went through exactly the same pain as you OP :'(
Bro!!! How does one deal with these feels? I feel so empty inside. I've been emailing with the product manager and he told me that the collection has been decided in December 2015 and can't be changed. There's literally no official way to order that bike in my country. I feel so hollow. What do I do now, anon? What country are you from btw? CZ here. Fuck Progress Cycle man. ='(

OP out.
>>
>>995517
>>995519
You can't even really see the color of the bike from behind anyway. It's all about what you're wearing. So the color of the bike is irrelevant in this scenario.
>>
>>995340
You realize quality bikes take time to make...

The thought is "why spend time making a frame in this color when only a few will buy it?"

This is why manufactors have token to doing things like "frame id", etc where you can personilize your bike to the color and components you want.
>>
>>995545
yup. now lower the camera a bit to where the eye line of a motorist will be and have the cyclist leaning forward for aero efficiency like a real cyclist would do and all you'd see is a black lycra-covered bum which won't reflect any light and the shiny bike.
then don't look at it directly.

meh. every little bit of visibility helps when you're dealing with something so small.
i'd never be on a blue bike.
>>
>>995545
>>995519
>>995567
this is a joke, right? there are people who rely on the color of their clothes and bike frame for visibility?

get a daytime strobe, you idiots
>>
>>995410
Thats my bike xD
>>
>>995586
whoops
>>
>>995586
>>995587
I'm pretty sure he didn't capitalize any of the letters in his name
>>
>>995605
gj fgt. now that guy knows how to troll better.

i sure do love gagging on bbc, tho
>>
File: Gondola Feeling Blue.jpg (336KB, 480x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola Feeling Blue.jpg
336KB, 480x1040px
>>995322
UPDATE:

Just got a reply from a German shop that said:
- "Hallo, sorry we havn't this color in the german collection, only in black."

Another German shop is looking into it, but I'm not giving it much hope after the previous mail.

I'm still waiting for a reply from Poland.

Fugg, guys... the ride never ends, does it? =(
>>
File: 20160813-IMG_4297.jpg (644KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813-IMG_4297.jpg
644KB, 1440x1080px
>>995322
Buy a Bianchi. Celeste is superior to all other colours.
>>
>>995625
Very pretty, indeed. However it's also outside of my budget I'm afraid, m8.
>>
>>995322

You should really get one with discs anyways
>>
>>995768
Why? He'll fly over the bars.

Riding in the rain is for the poors.
>>
>>995333
>complains about shit trends
>is frothing disc brakes
>>
>>995884
>objectively better
>shit trend
Pick one

Traditionalism cucks are the only ones that keep advocating against discs.
>>
>>995944

Discs are cool and all but utterly unnecessary.
>>
>>995778
>fly over le bars maymay
Bacon sriracha reddit the narwhal
>*farts*
>>
>>995778
>>995959
>this much butthurt over brakes
Looks like I've found my new favourite meme
>>
>>995958
>I only ride flats on dry weather
>>
flat weather dry bike!
>>
>>995961
>implying
It would take something much bigger than your dirty black dick brakes to hurt my stretched out butthole.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.