/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the Ortlieb Front Roller Classic panniers fit on the Specialized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: Will-It-Fit.jpg (250KB, 1190x614px) Image search: [Google]
Will-It-Fit.jpg
250KB, 1190x614px
Will the Ortlieb Front Roller Classic panniers fit on the Specialized AWOL front "pizza rack"?

Thanks Boss.
>>
File: Surly front rack.jpg (14KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
Surly front rack.jpg
14KB, 310x310px
>>993445
The way the sides of the top part of the rack stick out past the sides of the rack will probably be problematic, the panniers won't sit as closely as they should. You could probably make it work, but it wouldn't be ideal. You would be better off with something like pic related where the top of the rack sits flush with the sides of the rack.

Next time please use >>>/n/bqg
>>
File: 14196929841_43879c87c6_b.jpg (284KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14196929841_43879c87c6_b.jpg
284KB, 1024x768px
>>993445

Just ignore the top rack and mount it like pic related.
>>
>>993576
looks good.
>>993445
Ortlieb Front Roller Classic - good choice. They will last you decades.
>>
File: double-bike.jpg (120KB, 494x580px) Image search: [Google]
double-bike.jpg
120KB, 494x580px
>>993576

OP here, thank you good Sir.
Couldn't find any pix or info online about the two together.
Nice pic.
>>
>>993576
Not ideal because the overhang of the top part will make the panniers more difficult to access, but yeah I guess that should work.
>>
Why the retarded design Specialized?
>>
File: 41rym-5sHOL.jpg (26KB, 380x480px) Image search: [Google]
41rym-5sHOL.jpg
26KB, 380x480px
I think this is a much better front rack
>>
>>993632

Just so you know, that isn't a specialized rack. It's just a similar design.

>>993651

True, not ideal. Trade off for having a large platform.
>>
>>993632
You would need to pedal backwards to go forward on that bike that sounds like a pain
>>
>>993661
1) >pizza rack
2) For some reason, lots of people, especially casual commuters, like to put their bag on basically a shelf over their front wheels. (Why? Genuinely curious, IDGI but it's obvious riding around any city with lots of bike commuters.)
3) Don't say "retarded."
>>
where can I buy this thing in europe right now ?
>>
>>993905
>Why?

So that the backpack where I carry my 40pounds of bricks doesn't ruin my ass completely.

Do you not understand the point of a rack or do you have difficulty catching on why people rather move stuff on a front rack than on the back?
>>
>>994332
It's a German company, so I guess in Germany.
>>
>>994342

really specialized is german ?
or do you mean ortlieb ?

I'm actually in germany and would really like to buy a pizza rack but I can't find one.
>>
>>994379
Ortlieb. I thought you were referring to the panniers.
>>
>>994379

Look into CETMA. I think he sells to Europe. Also Soma or Velo Orange porteur rack.

>>993905

Front loading is the new trend in touring. But weight over the front wheel makes it easy to control and the bike generally still handles normally. Rear loading kind of sucks, bike always wants to fall over and pedaling out of the saddle feels shitty. You can also keep an eye on a front load, and dig into the bag if you want without having to stop.
>>
File: DSC00065-01.jpg (438KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00065-01.jpg
438KB, 1200x1600px
BTW OP here, FYI, yes they fit fine, you just have to flip the bottom rail.

Now you know, thanks chaps.
>>
>>993445
Installing them on the lower rails could work, although the pannier hooks might be problematic if they cant reach the rear vertical rail. It might also be possible to attach from the second and fourth rails if the pannier hook can reach the lower horizontal rails. Like others have said, not exactly ideal.

>>994429
The Cetma Five Rail is amazing. Nice Rack is good, but the guy who makes them is a bit allusive and sort of weird about communication. A Wald Pizza Rack is okay too.
>>
>>994429

Rear loading is fine if you balance with the front. The real reason front feels more stable is folks generally mount lower there. If you rode a low-mounted rear load like a big dummy you'd see that it's the center of gravity which is the issue, not the position on the bike.
>>
>>993627
>>993445
I did this for a recent tour on Iceland with backroller classic and they fit even though they were touching the top part that sticks out. Little bit annoying but it works, should definately work for frontrollers
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.