[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have recently got a bike with a presta valve and was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 20160810_173650.png (799KB, 1440x1414px) Image search: [Google]
20160810_173650.png
799KB, 1440x1414px
I have recently got a bike with a presta valve and was wondering if I put these on top of my presta valves and a dust cap for a schrader and put it on top would it be worth doing?
>>
>>992454
Why do you not just have the caps for the presta valves? Just go them, you can probably get a fucking dozen for a couple bucks.
>>
Presta valves don't need dust caps. You can put one of those adapters on one of your valves in case you have to pump your tires somewhere else and don't have a Presta compatible pump.
>>
I have loads of these adapters and loads of standard dust caps so it won't hurt doing it?
>>
>>992460
I guess it will just be one more thing to screw off later
>>
Those adapters don't work on most gas station compressors. Just carry a small pump.
>>
>>992706
Why wouldn't they? The whole point is to simulate a Schrader valve which is what every car has. They've always worked for me.
>>
File: marathon_plus_cut_neu[1].jpg (40KB, 580x385px) Image search: [Google]
marathon_plus_cut_neu[1].jpg
40KB, 580x385px
>>992454
>if I put these on top of my presta valves and a dust cap for a schrader and put it on top would it be worth doing?

For what purpose?
Presta is a great valve system,Its narrow.Meaning the hole drilled is smaller and technically makes for a stronger rim,also presta and true schraeder valves can be read by pressure gauges.
The monstrosity you're trying to create can not.
>>
>>992706
>>992708
You don't want to use a gas station compressor anyway, the volume of air in a road bike tire is so small compared to a car tire that you run a big risk of literally exploding your tube and maybe ruining the tire too. Only use a hand pump unless your compressed air source has a pressure regulator on it set for the maximum the tire can handle.
>>
>>992755
Here in the UK all the petrol station compressors I've seen have regulators, you set a desired pressure on the display and it stops once reached.

>>992721
He'll still have Presta rims, it'll just mean he always has an adaptor on hand for those times when the pump or gauge he wants to use doesn't support Presta.

I can't see any downside to doing it and think it's a rather good idea.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.