[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good bike multi tool to get? I volunteer at a very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: spec_5321_2005_11_m.jpg (22KB, 360x307px) Image search: [Google]
spec_5321_2005_11_m.jpg
22KB, 360x307px
What's a good bike multi tool to get? I volunteer at a very chaotic, fresh bike coop with young children and we're always having a hard time keeping tools together and it would be much easier to have my own multitool that can do most everything that I can hang onto. My friend has the crank brothers c19 I believe and I like it, but what do yall like to use? 35 40 bucks is my budget max. Thanks.
>>
>hey buddy, can i borrow your multitool for a second?
>uhh, yeah sure
rip multitool :'(
>>
>>989476
I have a CB m17 and it's ace. Can't remember what it cost though. Going with the m19 and getting a few extra tools is a safe bet if you can afford it.
>>
I have that tool, it doesn't have the right bit for bleeding my brakes, but otherwise it's fine, no complaints. I tihnk it was like 30 bucks.
>>
File: 1469289343001.jpg (724KB, 1176x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469289343001.jpg
724KB, 1176x1000px
No multi tool. Think about the grams m8.

#yolo
>>
>>989476
stop hiring young children that don't put tools back where they found them

also, grown-ups that are allowed to have keys [are there bike queers that DONT have downs syndrome?] will often lock the tool box they are kept in.
>>
If you have an Aldi grocery store, they have a saddle bag that clips on and has a multi tool. Very nice in my opinion and only 6 bucks for all . Can take a pic if you'd like
>>
>>989506
Seconded. The m17 has a chaintool and a couple of nipplewrenches for different gauges, and is really good quality.
My entire everyday carry consists of the m17, two tirelevers, a pump, and adjustable wrench and a patching kit. I have never been in want as for tools, not even on long tours.
>>
>>989713
Please do you viscous assed faggot.
>>
>>989476
get the Crank Bros M5 should work for everything that you don't need a specialized tool for anyway
>>
Crank Bros M17 or M19

These are for trailside/roadside stuff though, at a shop you should have normal tools
>>
>>989476
A multi-tool is no substitute for real tools.

Tools in my saddlebag:
* Crank Bros M10
* Park Tool CT-5 chainbreaker
* Park Tool SW-40 spoke wrench

All told a little heavier than the Crank Bros M17 or M19, but a standalone chainbreaker is way less sucky to use than one built into a multi tool.

These tools are great for roadside emergencies but I would go crazy in about 15 minutes if these were my main tools in my shop. There are also a ton of special bike tools you should have in your coop that you won't find on a multitool, which I'm not going to enumerate here - you should know them already.

Teach the children to put away the fucking tools. It's a super important part of learning to work in a shop. Organize the tools in cutouts in the drawers or with outlines on the peg board so it's A) obvious where stuff is supposed to go, and B) obvious if something is missing.
>>
>>989476
I wouldn't use your own tools in a bike coop, just asking for trouble.

That said, I'm very fond of the alien II and the park tools 3 prong allen keys. Sadly my alien II was stolen and I replaced it with an alien III which is I don't like quite as much.
>>
>>995543
Listen to this anon. Don't take your own, is just asking for trouble. Getting that or if the way, I've got a m19, and I love the fool thing. Had a discount and a sale and a $x off coupon turned into paying about $10 for it. Goes with me everywhere.
>>
File: 20160605_164114.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160605_164114.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>992653
>>
>>992858
>Organize the tools in cutouts in the drawers or with outlines on the peg board so it's A) obvious where stuff is supposed to go, and B) obvious if something is missing.
every shop should do this. every kitchen should do this as well. too many kitchens i've worked in where people have the 'new tools/equipment? HIDE THEM' syndrome
>>
>>995631
I had this exact one for years until I lost it on a rough trail
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.