[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reposting this verbatim in new thread because it seems once bqg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: slots.gif (139KB, 480x348px) Image search: [Google]
slots.gif
139KB, 480x348px
Reposting this verbatim in new thread because it seems once bqg locks up nobody reads it anymore.

"Ok, so I've started learning how to bike because without one I won't ever get any exercise and will never be able to make my hellish schedule. All I have is my father's old Huffy Overlander, which has... problems. Its brakes SUCK and grab at different times, the gear shifter sounds like its mincing a whale every time it changes and often sends a shock through the entire bike, the bike itself just feels heavy and flimsy, and the saddle can't be adjusted or from what I can tell even removed.
From what I've read online its a department store bike, though my father can't confirm. Is it worth taking to the bike shop and salvaging? If not, what would be a good replacement? I'm pretty set on having a hybrid, but I don't know for sure if that is the direction I should go."
>>
Your seat issue is probably just a carriage bolt.
Take off the seat, the without taking the bolt all the way out, smack that shit with a hammer and it should be able to come up and down now.
Your stem might also be this way if it's a shitty dept bike.

Check out your derailleurs and make sure the teeth aren't all worn down, too.

What do you mean your brakes 'grab at different times', like while you're riding and not touching them? Then they're cockeyed or your wheels aren't true.
>>
>>989295
The brakes will grab at different points of pressure when I grab. Instead of a steady increase of pressure it'll randomly grab harder even though I'm holding the brake at the same pressure.

I also checked the action of the brake itself and the rim of both tires. Both don't have any visual blemishes and the same surface, and from what little I can tell the wheels and brake assembly seem to be on aligned and straight. When I spin the wheels I don't see any wobble. When I use either brake though, one side pad of the brake contacts before the other, and the pressure I need to put for both to touch changes every pull by a little bit.

Is it worth buying a new stem and fixing the brakes and shifters or just getting a better bike?
>>
>>989304
You don't need a new stem or a seat post, like I said, take your time and smack the shit out of it.
I trash picked an 80s dept bike, made in mind with the buyer never actually going to ride or adjust it, a fashion item, and it took me a good half hour of smacking and wiggling before anything started to move.

As for the brakes, I dunno. Wouldn't be too hard to get new ones.
So long as they stop you, I wouldn't worry about replacing them until you just straight get a new bike.

In short, adjust your seat, and keep using it meantime, but think about another bike because your's sounds like shit.
>>
>>989316
Alright, thanks for the help
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.