[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you nigs have any experience with these new Vittoria g+?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Any of you nigs have any experience with these new Vittoria g+? I'm debating between these or rebuying another pair of 4000s 2s.
>>
I tried Corsa CX tires and they felt more comfy but noticeably less responsive than GP4000SII. Seems to be a common opinion among people who have tried both. the GPs feel fast but ride like wood.

Maybe G+ is the answer to this gap? Couldn't hurt to try em out. Schwalbe Ones are surprisingly good as well, for a tire made in Asia
>>
I have them. Only got them mounted last week and did 50 miles on them. They seem very nice but my only standard of comparison is gatorskins. They are certainly much more comfortable and grippy than the gators.
>>
No experience either, but I did like the schwalbe one better than the 4000sII
>>
I have some 28mm schwalbe one tubulars and it feels like I'm riding on wooden wheels with them

worst tires ever.
>>
>>989707
What pressure are you running them?
>>
>>989132

OP here, thats like going from running on asphalt without shoes on, to running on sand wearing airmaxs.

I decided to go with the corsas because fuck it - I've been running nothing but contis and Michelin since I started cycling. And holy shit balls, at 100 in the back and 85 in the front it feels like I'm riding on air with hardly any road shatter. I cant say I love them yet, because those cotton sidewalls do look flimsy as fuck. They're proper 28mm as well when mounted on 25mm wide wheels unlike contis 28s which are more like fucking 34mm. The grip seems to be damn good, but I wont be doing any gnarly cornering until I break them in proper. We'll see how they hold up after a few thousand miles on em.
>>
>>989767
I did notice they were quite smooth on the chip-seal I was riding over in Tahoe but I don't have that crap near my house so I'm not very used to riding on it anyway.
>>
I was in the same predicament i went with the conti's
>>
I was wondering the same since my current set of tires is slowly reaching the end of its life cycle and I've heard nothing but great things about it. The Corsa has always been in high regard, apart from the durability, which supposedly is now fixed with G+.

>4000s 2s
I think they're great tires, but it's a bit apples and oranges when comparing them to the Corsa. I personally found the Contis to be very springy and rather harsh. I would honestly not recommend them, unless you live in a city with perfectly flat maintained asphalt. They seemed to amplify tiny bumps in the road.
>>
>>990162

I got the 28mm with the gum sidewalls, and so far I've logged in 150 on em. I can't give a comprehensive review yet nor can I speak on the durability, but one thing's for sure, the ride quality make my contis 4k 2s feel like fucking garden hoses. And like I stated above, the side walls do look and feel fragile, but only time will tell.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.