[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cycling a form of catharsis for anyone else on /n/? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1382059841457.png (151KB, 481x357px) Image search: [Google]
1382059841457.png
151KB, 481x357px
Is cycling a form of catharsis for anyone else on /n/?

I have been suffering from clinical depression for about 26 years, and cycling daily is the only thing that helps alleviate it. I still deal with it, but commuting to work via bike has done a lot to make me more stable.

How has cycling improved your mental health?
>>
Yes. Manual labor helps. Do the dishes, pass the vacuum, make wooden furniture for your house. Things like that.
>>
File: 1394340351476.jpg (38KB, 617x412px) Image search: [Google]
1394340351476.jpg
38KB, 617x412px
I only make KOM because I'm trying to outride my feelings
>>
>>986709
>King Of My feels
>>
A steady cadence does help keep the demons at bay sometimes.
>>
>>986707
Biking to forget how shitty i am.
Sometimes i just poweroff the lights in the darker path, just with the desire inside my hearth that a big truck just crush me.
>>
>>986709
>tfw nearest city is too far away for casual yet reflective late night rides
>>
For a few years I was depressed. I also had a hard time going out in public. I felt really nervous in crowded public places. I was also obese. I think I've been riding seriously for the past 4-5 years and my outlook on life is a little brighter. I'm more social and am not fat anymore. Far from fit but in better health than /fit/, I can actually run over 4 miles no problem.
>>
>>986707
>clinical depression
this meme needs to end right now. 'Depression' don't exist, it's only a bunch of faggots seeking some attention. I'm tired of you.
>>
For a period last year I was riding like 300-400ks a week trying to get out of the house because it was hard being around my terminally ill father. I also used cycling in a self-loathing manner during a period where I was starving myself, bikes are interesting senpai
>>
>>986707
Yes. But It's winter here. I got sick of riding in the cold so I haven't ridden for a week.
Now I am going crazy from not riding.
>>
>>986868
Get some good gloves, a nice scarf, and toughen up.
>>
>>986870
Maybe in australia. In real countries you need merino base layers, hand and foot warmers, balaclavas, and so on

I'd hate to live somewhere that faggot casuals can just throw on a scarf and be comfortable riding. Winter is bliss because it keeps the normies at home and even the cagers are for the most part a lot more accommodating
>>
>>986847
>he hasn't even been depressed

Hows the middle school going? does mom still warm your milk for you in the evenings?

It's all fun and games untill it happens to you and you wanna kill yourself.
>>
>>986707
I used to be pretty depressive, sometimes I didn't went outside for weeks. Some day I was thinking about how Nice was riding a bike when I was a chile, decided to buy a foldable 20' wheels bike for some leisure rides. As I expected, the rides were chill and nice. Some years later I decided to get a bit more serious and start riding to get more fit because on the bike lane I couldn't ride really fast, specially on that bike so I bought a nice entry level 8spd road bike.

I still have depression but riding makes me happy enough to keep it on a low level. I also bought a parrot-like bird because I felt alone, the bird helped me too as he distracted me.

The bad thing is that when I don't ride I start to get anxiety. One week without Riding and I become a passive agressive gloomy guy.
At the moment, Riding means everything for me, it is one of the few things that really makes me happy, problably the most importa y thing.
>>
>>986885
>look at me I'm sad I'M SPECIAL xd xd xd
'depressed' people think they have the TRUTH about the world but no, you are weak you can't handle the fact that at your 30 years you're still living at her mom's basement without any goal that yell at the worl how 'depressed' you are. Fuck off, m8.
>>
>>986901
You didn't answer how middle school is going? Are you having a bad time?

You seem flustered, maybe you should get off from the computer for today and crawl into you pokemon sheets and have a nice ol' sleepytime, huh buddy ;)
>>
>>986707
in the netherlands we all cycle but still get depressed, should i just end it now because there is no hope?
>>
>>986903
I can't I'm '''''''''''''depressed''''''''' :(
>>
>>986901
You alledged in greentext that he said he was special yet in his post he said it happens to everyone.
>>
I serioulsy thought I was the only one. I have to ride at least a couple of kilometers everyday or I'll be anxious and in a bad mood the next day.
>>
i stopped drinking and smoke very little weed from time to time.
and i fucking drank a lot.
>>
>>986904
that's because (((copenhagenize))) leads to cycling becoming exactly like caging. stuck in fucking slow as shit traffic and surrounded by dumbfucks all day

get a proper bike, find some hills, and slam out four digit watts and maybe you'll feel better
>>
>>987777
I'd rather have that kind of shitty bike traffic than cager traffic.
>>
>>986847
"I'm and ignorant, narrow minded piece of shit with little life experience"

-the post
>>
>>987790
I fucking hate touchscreens
>>
>How has cycling improved your mental health?

It made me calmer and more focused.

Also, here's another thing that helps greatly: BREATHE.THROUGH.YOUR.NOSE. (especially when doing intervals or strenuous riding). You may feel like you're suffocating but you aren't. Your body is just trying to get rid of that CO2 because it isn't accustomed to higher levels. You may experience light headache but stick with it. You'll notice the benefits soon enough.

t. medfag

PS. Unless you're on a Miguel Indurain level of fitness don't breathe through your mouth because if you do, you're literally breathing away your aerobic gains.
>>
>>986847
Yeah, and people who lost the use of their legs should just man up and grow a new set of legs.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.