[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus christ why. E-commuters are bad, e-mtbs are worse, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: giant-road-e-1-full-bike-2.jpg (119KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
giant-road-e-1-full-bike-2.jpg
119KB, 880x587px
Jesus christ why. E-commuters are bad, e-mtbs are worse, but this is just a fucking monstrosity.
>of course it was giant
>>
But "E-commuters" are not bad.
>>
>>981615
What's the problem? They're not aimed at 21 year old cat6 /n/ dickheads, so of course they don't appeal to you, but I could see myself riding this sort of thing in 50 years when I'm 70 and my arthritis is flaring up or someshit, where's the harm in that?
>>
> that chainring
> at that speed

When you have an ebike, should you gear it high so you can still pedal when it's at maximum output or should you gear it low so you can still pedal when the battery is dead?
>>
File: st_sheldon-greenspeed.jpg (186KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
st_sheldon-greenspeed.jpg
186KB, 800x600px
>>981627
This is how you should see yourself in 50 years.
>>
>>981622
>But "E-commuters" are not bad.

Situational. They complicate storage and maintenance.

>>981615

>e-mtbs are worse

They have a place in the world. Namely, biking ORV trails that are otherwise impractical and torquing up things that would otherwise require a trials motorcycle. If you've never seen trail that can almost-but-not-quite be ridden, you're some kind of ultra-casual.

>this is just a fucking monstrosity

The pros are getting caught motor doping all the time now, so clearly the technology is mature enough to be useful and there is some kind of demand for these things.

Maybe it just extends the practical range for fair-weather weekend riders - they go out and do a double century instead of twenty miles.
>>
If for some reason I was no longer allowed to drive, I'd consider an e-bike as part of my collection. Mostly for being able to ride at a decent speed in regular clothes without ending up drenched.
>>
>>981630
when you're going at high speeds, it's not really efficient to go even faster, air resistance squared or some shit like that. I'd say regular or lower gearing.

I don't get e-bikes for anything other than commuting. Seems like the weight at anywhere on the bike would make it handle like shit, especially riding out of saddle.
>>
>>981654

The one OP posted weighs 18kg/40lbs.
So that's fine.
>>
>>981615
>2016:
>Not being the only engine propelling the bike
No wonder so many people are fatasses.
>>
>>981684

A fatass is going to be a fatass with or without power assist.

To a fit climber or endurance racer, it's just another training tool in their arsenal.
>>
>>981632
F
>>
>>981649
>They have a place in the world. Namely, biking ORV trails that are otherwise impractical and torquing up things that would otherwise require a trials motorcycle.

ah! I see, you are looking to propel yourself along using a vehicle because you, by yourself, cannot sufficiently power a bicycle. in essence, what you are looking for a -- a bicycle with an added motor -- is a product that already exists, called a motorcycle!

now get the fuck out of here you fat piece of shit
>>>/o/
>>
>>981615
>clipless pedals on a bike you don't even pedal yourself

nice

>>981691
>another training tool in their arsenal
>I train myself to pedal bicycles by riding up a hill on a motorcycle
>>
>>981698
>>981700

>being this upset

Why so mad?
>>
>>981698
As the other guy said, there are things that simply can't be ridden with pedal power (or are extremely difficult and require a professional level of strength and fitness). If you don't encounter those things then that's fine, don't get an assisted bike (I wouldn't call you a casual like the other guy though) but some of us do.

>>981700
It's an assisted bike, it probably doesn't even have a throttle.
>>
>>981700
>>clipless pedals on a bike you don't even pedal yourself

Your complete ignorance is showing.
>>
If it gets cagers onto bikes,it's a good thing. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>981704
yeh i got some eggbeaters on my gixxer bruh theyre pretty sick they keep me locked in while im on the freeway
>>
>>981630
Assuming it's complying to regulation in EU/AU then the assist only operates up to a certain speed/power level. So relatively speaking it only goes sanic uphills. Presumably you could tweak it to provide power more often but I suspect the manufacturers wouldn't want to encourage that.
>>
http://road.cc/content/feature/196199-e-bike-vs-road-bike-shootout-austrias-toughest-climb

But it does exactly what it needs to, anon.
>>
>>981615
is that a mtb?
>>
>>981791
nvm
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.jpg (176KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.jpg
176KB, 480x360px
>>
>>981627
Why would you get a drop bar "racing" bike then retard?
>>
>>981825
Because you ride on the road and drop bars are comfortable and practical. Are you american?
>>
>>981828
>and drop bars are comfortable and practical

Not with that level of saddle-bar drop they aren't.
>>
>>981830
>t. unflexible amerilard
>>
>>981832
Remind me, who are e-bikes aimed at?
>>
Thinking about fitting an electric motor on my bent.

If I follow EU law the motor should stop assisting once I go 25 km/h.
It's nice for acceleration and the (extremely scarce) short climbs.
But it won't do shit for speed

Maybe I should put in something that will get me over 25 km/h and annoy upright cyclists by driving behind them and doing nothing.
They already like to give me looks.
>>
>>981698
>now get the fuck out of here you fat piece of shit
You know in the more civilised parts of the world, people who are 60+ years of age still bike on a daily basis, and an e-bike can be quite the tool for them.

Not everybody is a lycrawearing baboon raging at the sight of fixies, fatbikes and e-bikes. Do grow up.
>>
>>981834
↓ This. Fucking americans. Why can't you stop shitting up this world with your ignorance and "culture"?
>>981837
>>
reminder that ebikes are gay
>>
>>981843
Next time I see you on the road I'll crash into you with my e-bent and full fairing.
>>
>>981843
ill chuck me fkkn 6lb elan gearhub at your ugly mug you cheeky wankstain
>>
>>981837
>>981844
Actually I just came from a ride and there was this old man maybe at his 70s cruising his home made e-trike. Looked comfy, fast and practical.

I'd never buy e-mtb and probably not even e-commuter myself. But I'm still all in for e-bike boom. As said, every car driver changing to bike is good and every public transit rider changing for bikes is going to make biking infrastructure better eventually.
>>
>>981834
>>981841

Well the 2016 e-bikes from Trek and Giant are not even being sold through American dealers or advertised on their American websites.

So...
>>
>>981787
Roadbikes btfo
>>
>>981787

>strava xD
>>
It'd be better to have them clogging up the roads and trails in land-rapers, right OP? You stupid faggot.
>>
Its only a matter of time before ppl "jailbreak" these turds and start doing 20mph on singletrack. I will never move off the trail for a faggot on an emtb. I hope their wireless brakes work.
>>
>>981837
a car can be a great tool for old people to get around too
I myself ride a fixed gear bike
I power it entirely myself
I respect all sorts of bicycles but a bike with a motor is a motorcycle

>>>/o/
>>
>>982320
>a car can be a great tool for old people to get around too
Nope. Cars are pretty shitty tools for getting around because they take up too much space, and old frail people with poor hearing/vision/response time shouldn't be maneuvering 1½ton chunks of steel at high speeds around other people.
>>
>>982341
cars are comfy af it's like your own safe space
>>
>>982273
>I respect all sorts of bicycles but a bike with a motor is a motorcycle
following that splendid logic, then an electric wheelchair is also a motorcycle, step outside your square for a minute
>a car can be a great tool for old people to get around too
what about people say, in groningen, or copenhagen, where cars are gradually being "phased out" (just a way of putting it)? a car is not a choice, or simply they just do not wish to drive.
>>982346
>cars are comfy af it's like your own safe space
is this not the reason why most angry drivers behave like dicks behind the wheel? they get too "comfy" and start feeling invincible, and basically fuck everybody who's not inside a car
>>
>>982360

People act like assholes when they get in a car because they are assholes in the first place. The psychology of a car has a weird effect on people. The brain's ability to bring the vehicle into the realm of the body's senses allows one to operate that vehicle transparently, this also changes one's perpective of self to include the entire vehicle.

Thus a normally meek person feels empowered and often becomes a bully. I see it all the time when I'm Sunday-driving my little vintage Datsun, and some asshole in an SUV comes up tailgating or cuts me off. Their attitude changes when our eyes meet at the next set of lights and they realize that little car actually contains someone who could harm them, and the driving changes as well.

Cars are cancer and I see 90% of them in the rush hour are single-occupant, with nearly half being oversized SUVs. Fuck cars.
>>
>>982360
Actually by that logic an electric wheelchair is a car...
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.