[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go to local bike shop to get first road bike >Turns out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Specialized-Diverge-Elite-A1.jpg (58KB, 718x435px) Image search: [Google]
Specialized-Diverge-Elite-A1.jpg
58KB, 718x435px
>Go to local bike shop to get first road bike
>Turns out they're high end (Specialized, Felt etc)
>Tell them I want a road bike and I've never had one before
>End up walking away with a Specialized Diverge A1 for $880

It's a bit more than I wanted to spend but from looking at online reviews before finally buying the bike it seems really solid. What is /n/'s thoughts on this bike?
>>
>>981299
You got a great bike to start on, and that's a really good price in today's market. Ride the hell out of it.
>>
>>981300
My only thing right now is my front disc brake is making noise like it's scraping. I already took it back to have the brakes adjusted and at the shop it was fine but now it's making it again and I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. From looking at the usermanual the quick release pin need to be supertight and the lever is supposed to be really hard to press down but maybe I tightened the pin to tight.
>>
>>981302
No harm in taking it back to the shop if it's not a hassle to get there. In my experience, shops are committed to making sure your bike is functioning perfectly after you just purchased it - mostly because they want you as a long-term customer.
>>
>>981307
It seems alright now, already took it back once. Once it cools down in a few hours will give it a ride and see how it preforms.
>>
>>981299
I think you did good. Ride the fuck out of it, and take good care of that baby.
>>
>>981299

Very nice choice at a fair price.

>>981302

Over-tightening the quick release can put the brake disc in the wrong place, yes.

Aside from that, you may just need to bed in the pads and/or true the brake rotor.

http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/avid-mechanical-disc-adjustment
http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/rotor-disc-service-and-installation

If you eventually upgrade your wheelset, I would suggest simultaneously upgrading to Shimano centerlock hubs & discs, which seem much less prone to centering issues than 6-bolt disc hubs.
>>
>>981311
I may have over tightened it then. How much should I tighten it? Looking at the bike user manual it says if you aren't having to hold onto the forks and push down with all your might it's not tight enough.
>>
>>981311
>>981312
Just watched a YT vid on the matter. Turns out I was over tightening it. No more brake noise.
>>
>>981313
>No more brake noise.

Nice!
>>
File: whenaplancomestogether.jpg (27KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
whenaplancomestogether.jpg
27KB, 400x294px
>>981313
>>981314
>>
diverge carbon comp is my dream bike, congrats on your purchase!
>>
>>981299

You got a good deal. Is it the model with Spyre brakes?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.