[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Hi, I'm gonna tell you a bunch of really obvious shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: thanks.png (684KB, 857x438px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.png
684KB, 857x438px
"Hi, I'm gonna tell you a bunch of really obvious shit but with a very clickbait title! Did you know that tour riders use a team?"

at least they have good production values
>>
Agreed.
I really only listen to this guys for background noise while I put on my shoes or some shit.
>>
>>980154
and often very good information and not so obvious as you say, GCNs are bros + fun to watch + based brit harsh banter towards the brick

best yt channel by far basically
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
>>980161
>>980154
>>980163
>and often very good information and not so obvious as you say, GCNs are bros + fun to watch + based brit harsh banter towards the brick

like this is a good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3RG5dztrXM
>>
>>980161
>for background noise while I put on my shoes
Do you have some kind of mental concentration disorder or something?
>>
I dunno meng I have found GCN videos pretty based. They all seem like pretty cool guys with a huge stockpile of essential info for newbies and other interesting stuff. I wanna go on a ride with Matt Stephens
>>
>>980190
>Matt
shit taste
Simon or die
>>
>>980173
If that were the case, don't you think silence would be more helpful?
>>
>>980192

But that joyful middle aged man fun loving laugh stops me being a cynical 4chan nihilist every time.
>>
>>980196
I would think that, but then i'm not the one needing to put on a youtbube video just to put on my shoes, so what do i know?
>>
>>980201
Where did I say need anywhere there? Typing about yourself, are we?
>>
>>980204
I just assumed, because i can't see why you would bother otherwise.
>>
>>980213
>>980204

Guys stfu
>>
>>980213
If I have five minutes while I'm getting dressed or something, why not watch a video? Or listen to a song? I don't have cable, or I'd pop that song for a bit too, probably.
Must be rather sad, racing through life at top speed in complete silence. Not everything is a time trial, you autist.
>>
>>980216
Oh no! If we keep this up we might hit bump limit on your precious little thread too soon!
>>
>>980220

It's not my thread bro. Just an odd argument to have.
>>
>>980218
A song i could understand.
>>
>>980225
These vids are only like five minutes when you take out the 'Like/subscribe/noncontent' stuff.
Again, I'm sorry you dress like you wanna be in a pitcrew. Life's enjoyable when you can slow down a bit.

I don't generally like to listen to my music first thing in the morning.
>>
File: 1468225374900.jpg (107KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1468225374900.jpg
107KB, 1200x675px
>>980154
GCN has some of the worst instructional videos I've ever seen. They focus way too much on getting pretty camera angles and they seem like they're rushing the video. RJ the Bike Guy is the way to go if you actually want to learn about bike repair.

Plus their videos are hard to relate to for anyone who doesn't ride a brand new carbon fiber road bike with disc brakes, electronic shifting, and deep section carbon rims.
>>
>>980218
>>980229
>Talks about slowing down and enjoying life
>Can't do the simplest things without multitasking
>>
>>980237
Again with cant's. I'm sorry someone enjoying their morning is so triggering for you.
>>
>>980239
>I enjoy my mornings by listening to shit
>>
>>980241
>it's shit because I said so
If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't listen.
There are some channels that I enjoy much more, and would want to give my full attention. But, those channels tend to do 10 or 20min+ vids, so I would rather save those for later.

I'm a really big movie fan, but sometimes I have South Park or whatever's on Comedy Central on while I'm cooking.
Does that bother you too, sperg?
>>
>>980247
>"Hi, I'm gonna tell you a bunch of really obvious shit but with a very clickbait title! Did you know that tour riders use a team?"
>Agreed.
>>
>>980250
I didn't say it was shit.
Does it have a clickbait title? Yes, but I'm on the internet and I expect that. I've seen enough of the channels material to know what I'm actually getting based off what the title says. If using your head pisses you off, sorry.
As far as obvious things go, yeah, but I still enjoy hearing about it, and like others have said, the guys as personable and I enjoy their spin on it. I like to watch Vice Guide to Film, and yet I've read huge books about movies and seen countless video essays and documentaries about them.

Surface knowledge isn't bad, it's surface.
What's your address, so I can send you a dictionary. I have a couple spares.
>>
Their "are new bikes faster" video was a fucking travesty. Guy went out of his way to gimp himself and measure as inaccurately as possible to make the time difference actually apparent.
I wonder who it was sponsored by.
>>
>>980236
>Plus their videos are hard to relate to for anyone who doesn't ride a brand new carbon fiber road bike with disc brakes, electronic shifting, and deep section carbon rims.

This a bit. I feel like a video titled "What Majorca villa should you buy to best store your 10.000€ garbon bike on vacation" wouldn't be out of the question.
>>
Any good youtube channels on bike repair and servicing?
>>
>>980165
>I would go for a worse frame with better consumable parts

...people take advice from them.
>>
>>980479
RJ thebikeguy is one of my favorites, bikeman4u, bike blogger (he's kind of obnoxious and autistic, but has some decent blogs and videos about servicing.)
There are tons of older guys who have small channels with tons of maintenance videos that aren't too hard to find.
>>
>>980154
why is his head so big?

he a manlet?
>>
Say what you want about GCN but you must at least concede that their kits (particularly their previous-gen kit) are among the most aesthetically-pleasant ones that money can buy
>>
>>980603
fuck no
>>
lets whine about a free to watch youtube channel that has cheeky banter
>>
>>980604
post better ones lad
>>
File: morvelo-echo-jersey.jpg (358KB, 2560x1708px) Image search: [Google]
morvelo-echo-jersey.jpg
358KB, 2560x1708px
>>980608
>>
File: maap.jpg (59KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
maap.jpg
59KB, 1400x700px
>>980608
>>
>>980613
>>980623
awful, trying to hard to be both minimalist and loud simultaneously
>>
>>980608
Literally any kit without shitloads of branding.
>>
File: 1468357485092.png (122KB, 348x421px) Image search: [Google]
1468357485092.png
122KB, 348x421px
>>980478
kek this. Who honestly gives a fuck about the hardest climb in Mallorca?

also team bus tours. Cool for the first couple, but literally all the euro ones are exactly the same except for different logos and branding.

oh, they keep their energy gels in TWO cabinets instead of one? OH MY

oh, zillionth euro team has TWO showers right NEXT to one another?
insert:
>Euros don't value privacy as much
>it's more efficient
>those americans would freak!

fug!
>>
>>980479
Seth's Bike Hacks has a more MTB/BMX focus, but he's got some good tips as well (ghetto truing, etc.). Largely beginner focused, but helpful.
>>
>>980500
>>I would go for a worse frame with better consumable parts
>...people take advice from them.

both treks had the same geometry, the only difference is more stiff in the carbon. advice was good, you are gay.
>>
>>980154

What's everybody's opinion on GMBN?
>>
>>980717
equally pleb with shitty """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""science"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>980684
Listen to what he says at the end, retard.
>>
>>980613
hey
i have that jersey

its my only 'nice' jersey

its ok
I like the pockets
>>
>>980154
wtf is wrong with that faggot, do you all look like him? fucking manlets, eat something
>>
>>980603
Look at their skeleton quads.
And then look at Sir Hoys quads.
>>
>>981242
thats like comparing a penis and a vaginer
>>
>>980154
>>980161
You do know that said videos with "really obvious shit" are meant for newer cyclists that probably don't know such information. You twit.
>>
>>980717
I like both channels.
>>
File: 1459483626475.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459483626475.png
12KB, 246x200px
>>981296
>how to interpret your power
>having a power meter as a novice

end the pain
>>
I'm brand new to road riding and just got my first bike. I saw in one of these guys videos about gears it said you shouldn't use your larger gear, the one on the pedals, but use the inside smaller one. I got a specialized diverge A1 and only have two gears on my pedals and have been doing mostly flat land riding with some very slight hills. Should I follow that about not using the larger gear or is it kind of bullshit?
>>
>>981789
Spin your pedals at higher than 80 RPM

select whatever gear combination enables you to do this.
>>
>>981789
Yeah, I don't think they would ever say not to use your big ring. I believe in some videos they say not to use it all the time, because that's why you have two, to keep your cadence at a speed that you can sustain.
>>
>>981798
>Spin your pedals at higher than 80 RPM

is there a science behind this or are you just regurgigating words
>>
>>981842
>is there a science behind this
Yes. Pleb detected. Do you seriously ride with less than 80 rpm?
>>
>>981842
Yes, there is science behind high cadence. You're more efficient per unit of oxygen and lactic acid build-up is less of a problem. Everyone has a personal comfort cadence interval, but everyone is more efficient at the upper, less comfortable end of this range. The common rookie mistake is way to low cadence. A cadence of 80 isn't even high.
>>
>>981846
Can confirm, was a low rpm grinding big ring pleb. Stretched many a chain and diveted many a freehub body. I have a higher cadence now (living at altitude really beat that into me) but even by those standards I have a low rpm (usually 80-95)
>>
File: 4.jpg (263KB, 1373x889px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
263KB, 1373x889px
>>980154

Are these people for real?
>>
File: sugarland-85802728.jpg (24KB, 420x190px) Image search: [Google]
sugarland-85802728.jpg
24KB, 420x190px
>>982841
>sugarland
cheapasses
>>
>>982841
.implying the pro peleton doesn't consume coke, sweets and cake on the ride.
>>
GMBN has some useful videos for a noob like me.
Even though they all have annoying english accents and they sometimes call clipless pedals clips.
>>
In all honestly have any of you people shit talking Dan watched his shows? They are actually entertaining for all ages and he puts in feet for us to enjoy. So what maybe a few girls had to get raped in the process. He is alright by me.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.