[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europ e-36774059 Train crash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36774059

Train crash in Italy. How is this possible?
>>
They'll probably find a way to blame it on immigrants
>>
>>979543
Someone gave a go signal when no go signal should have been given.
>>
>>979545
Was that supposed to be a joke?
>>
>>979561
The FLIRT framework is the only joke.
>>
>>979543

You are expecting too much from the Italians, considering how they can't build trains properly do you really think they can run them either?
>>
>talgo

Not even once
>>
>>979660
The involved trains were a Stadler Flirt (image left) and a Alstom Coradia.
>>
>>979639
Lol, there are still so many trains here with no air conditioning
>>
>>979545

The train wasn't raped, Anon.
>>
>>979543
How did the trains not derail given the force of the impact? Are they made of meringue and polite farts?
>>
>>979560
That's really not how signal systems work.

The RTC will line a route, and the system will display an appropriate aspect. It's fail safe, so unless somebody starts cutting wires, rails, and shorting shit, then it all works perfectly safe.

>>979734
5 of the 8 cars derailed from the picture in the OP.
>>
>>979543
>How is this possible?
easily. italians are italian.
>>
>>979736
Entirely possible the signals weren't interlocked
>>
>>979639

Lol are you dutch still salty? Get over it ffs
(Or it was the belgians? Cant remember)
>>
>>979802
>Signals not interlocked
What the fuck are you talking about?

Signals are designed to display block occupancy. The only way two trains should be coming into the same block is if it's at a very low speed and they're looking out for other trains.

If this sounds complicated to you, then eurotrash must not know how to run something as simple as a block signal system. You know, something that's been around for more than 100 years.
>>
Dark territory?
>>
>>979837
>>979850

According to the Italian page of the rail line, it doesn't even have basic block systems. It uses something called the "blocco telefonico" method, where each station guard (in this case the one in Andria e the one in Corato) has to phone the next station before sending a train and ask if there's another train already on the line

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrovia_Bari-Barletta

>>979825

>Implying only the Dutch that is angry with AnsaldoBreda's incompetence
>>
>>979852
>blocco telefonico
and I thought track warrants were bad
>>
>>979852
HOLY FUCK!

Are you people serious? Why is there not one single person giving track warrant/track authority over a territory? This shit is 1860s tier retarded.

>>979868
They're really not bad at all. I like working under them more than CTC. At least in ABS territory. Dark territory it gets irritating because of how much waiting is involved.
>>
>>979639
Neither of them was Italian work.
>>
>>979868
>>979981
I get that we're dealing with Italians, so you'd have thought they could have stretched to a block token.
>>
>>979986
when it happens in germany noboby says anything, it happens in italy: LOL SHITALY LEL

/n/ is just like /o/
>>
>>980128
In Germany it was a single dispatcher that didn't follow procedures and was playing on his phone.

In Italy, it's actually a terrible system that has been completely outdated for nearly 150 years.
>>
>>979837
>what the fuck are you talking about
Outside of murrica, there are these things called train stops. If a driver did a SPAD, the train would stop. These just so happen to be connected to signals. Though it appears the italians did a spaghetti.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.