[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say you are me You are a cyclist but left cycling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (537KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
537KB, 800x600px
Let's say you are me

You are a cyclist but left cycling for 5 years.

You didn't road bike but now you're interested in road biking and competing

You don't have a very big budget

You're not sure if you'll like road biking but you're drawn to it and feel a need to pursue it because you have good legs and endurance and the need for competition.

For $350 you find a 30 year old road bike that catches your eye. It's a Bianchi.

Do you buy it? Pic related.
>>
No I'd just buy the BD Claris bike.

If I'm spending $350 on a vintage bike it better be damn nice and not just ok.
>>
Also kickstand. Nope.
>>
>>979321
personally no, but then again I'm not a poorfag and I am gainfully employed... then again I am stingy and I believe you can find a suitable bike in the $1200 range
>>
>>979325
you can take it off nigga, it's not like it's welded to the frame
>>
>>979321
>be me 5 years ago
>suddenly struck by notion i want a new bike
>start doing research
>find /n/
>discover that fixed gear is a thing
>sounds like fun
>find a nice looking one second hand
>test ride it
>unsure if want to spend money on this meme
>end up walking away
>month later get email that the bike is still on the market and seller is willing to lower the price
>gut says this feels right
>buy bike
Haven't regretted it since. Take from this story what you will.
>>
>>979330
You can't take off the dents.
>>
Rather expensive but looks pretty fucking mint
>>
>>979335
these wounds
they will
not heeeeeeal

get over it, nerd
>>
>>979342
Sounds like you already bought it and just want /n/ to jizz over the amazing deal you got.
>>
>>979353
That's not op bickering. Op is watching from the sidelines.
>>
>>979353
Not really mate, not even op
I just don't get triggered over kickstands
>>
>>979321
Even in that condition, $350 is pretty pricey for a that bike, it's a mid-range model. And if you want to get into racing soon, odds are you'll want something lighter with modern shifting. But if you just want a basic road bike to get started on and see if you like that kind of riding it'll do just fine.
>>
>>979321
>Do you buy it?
No. I buy something less than 5 years old.
>>
>>979321
If it was half the price or half as old, i'd say go for it.
>>
bianchi that isn't celeste.

...gross
>>
Three hundred and fifty dollarinos for a bunch of thirty year old steel pipes and ten gears
ayyyyy
>>
File: 1453664199787.jpg (235KB, 1500x1329px) Image search: [Google]
1453664199787.jpg
235KB, 1500x1329px
>>
>>979342
>compromise structural integrity of the rear triangle
>it's fine nerd
>>
Well i can see a post from a guy in 2010 who bought that bike 'as new' from a dude who'd never ridden it, and also a post from a girl in 2013 who bought it with 'Pretty much everything' needing replacement and plans for some foolish 1x memery, so i don't know what the fuck is going on, but that picture can't be its current state.

It is not a classic race bike, nor is it a classic italian bike. It's a Japanese made entry level 'sport bike', but a nice one at that. The rear triangle and the fork are lower end mangalloy steel, and the main triangle of the frame is japanese tange steel- lower end butted chromoly. So it's good, but it's not great. It won't be particularly light or lively but it probably rides reasonably well. The kickstand isn't bad of itself, but they just didn't put them on high end bikes, so it's a tell.

Its confusing that it has shimano shifters and a suntour derailer. It should have either of both, and be indexed shifting- which would make it quasi modern, but it's probably friction shifting as is, which is fine, but odd.

$350 haggled to 300 would be fine if it was in absolutely perfect, serviced, like new condition, but it appears to have been bought like that and then trashed, so it's more like a $150-$200 bike, or less if it still needs work.

Plus a red Japanese bianchi isn't really a bianchi.
>>
>>979440
>compromise structural integrity
this isn't garbon, few scratches hardly constitute damage to the structural integrity m8
>>
>Need for competition

If you stopped for 5 years you probably won't make it far in competition
>>
Op here. Never mind everyone. I'm going to get a used cross country bike. Then go racing in the country. And kick some ass.

Thanks for looking and being a part of my worthless thread. Time to look at old Xc bikes for 300 dollars
>>
>>979777
What did you end up getting?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.