[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I could never wrap my mind about the fact that small, portab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: mini_softie.jpg (22KB, 216x345px) Image search: [Google]
mini_softie.jpg
22KB, 216x345px
I could never wrap my mind about the fact that small, portable, lightweight parachutes aren't as common on airplanes as lifejackets are on boats and ships.

And no, don't give me that ''too expensive'' bulllshit. Are you saying that a one time 1000$ investment is not worth your life lmao. Even having a cloth ww1-era parachute is still better then falling to death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w11rfR-LYM
>>
Build it yourself and sell it, become a millionaire(lol)
>>
What use would you have for a parachute on typical commercial airliner?
>>
Because unless:

>you know how to use a parachute
>the airplane breaks up
>you manage to stay concious/uninjured during said breakup
>you land in non-hazardous terrain

You're going to die.
>>
>>978134
Because
>Emergency landings are a thing
>It takes extra training to use a parachute
>They're uncomfortable and take up space
>You're generally not going to have bullets whizzing by you in a general aviation aircraft, so there's not exactly a need to bail out
>>
Because if you are thrown from an airplane strapped to a parachute without any training, you are going to fall your back towards the ground and then open your parachute and have the most desperate emotions inducing death experience, falling for a few minutes struggling inside a mess of fabric and string that you were so confident in was going to be your savior.
>>
File: 1430832364985.jpg (35KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1430832364985.jpg
35KB, 400x600px
>>978182
Pretty sure they'd give instructions if they were gonna start stocking parachutes
>>
>>978235
no one would listen and Amerifats still couldn't do it if they did. Imagine having the job of trying to evacuate a bunch of idiots in parachutes.
>>
>>978235
A 5 minute explanation is not going to be very useful if you are too shocked to pull any levers in the first place. Oh yeah, that sometimes happens to first timers, luckily there are precautions.
>>
if anything building them into the seats could be a thing, have them set to deploy at 3k ft once a signal was transmitted to a small circuit board built into the seat...

>ladies and gentlemen this is the pilot speaking we are experiencing some turbulence would like you to stay in your seats and fasten your seat belts..... hey Rick do you think anyone except us realizes we are all probably about to die
>Jesus dude turn off the mic before you say that last part
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.