[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be moving to Philadelphia soon. How is SEPTA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: logo.gif (9KB, 247x84px) Image search: [Google]
logo.gif
9KB, 247x84px
I'm going to be moving to Philadelphia soon. How is SEPTA? My only experience with it is going to visit via the regional rail (West Trenton line).
>>
File: 12A_00_1.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
12A_00_1.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
Based PCCs on the Girard Ave. line.

Other than that I don't really know anything about SEPTA.
>>
File: _9A_00_1.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
_9A_00_1.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
>streetcar designed in the 1940's
>barely looks antiquated next to modern cars
absolute madman
>>
>>977924
its dog shit, have fun
>>
Current Phillybro here. Septa works okay most of the time, its pretty crap compared to systems in other major cities though. To give you an idea of how dated the technology is, they still use metal coin-like tokens as fare (currently being phased out)

Their official slogan is "We're getting there". They've got a long way to go.
>>
SEPTA blows.

mostly because the urban gorillas staffing it.

the subway stations smell like piss.

i've been mugged at gun point several times at bus stops.
>>
I fucking HATE how certain train lines, on certain days, at certain hours, magically turn into a bus that you have to go fucking find.
Run the fucking train or don't.

>>977945
This. SEPTA people are always assholes. There has never been an exception to this ever.

If they think you're a local, they treat you like shit because they think you should know.
If they think you're from Jersey, they treat you like shit because they think you're out having fun while they're 'working'.

>>977943
I hate cards, always feel like I got some money on there I can't use with PATCO. Like, it doesn't break down even ever.
I always just buy tickets/tokens now.
>>
>>977924
North-south and west-northeast subway and elevated lines. Go to Septa.org and look at the maps for buses and trains.
>>
>>977931
I believe it's a heritage trolley. They got the more modern and cute Kawasakis.
>>
>>977924
It's expensive, outdated, and unreliable.

SEPTA, like most things in Philly, is mostly staffed by incompetents, as a way of keeping blacks off the dole.

They routinely go on strike over everything, the trains are always out of service for some reason, where you end up taking a bus instead.

It still uses tokens, and passes if you're on regional rail. Which is a debatable negative, since the MTA is always trying to fuck me by saying my card is expired when it isn't, because they know I'm too lazy to go to the ticket booth to get them to transfer that last couple of dollars when I'm in a rush.

The staff is rude as fuck, mostly because that's how Philly in general is.

Other than that, it's not the worst.
>>
>>978002
>rude as fuck, mostly because that's how Philly in general is.
Wrong. Philly isnit rude, they just don;t bother with midwest 'polite' bullshit.
Fucking move if you're in the way (Hey, Pittsburgh, you walk on the RIGHT side of the sidewalk and nowhere else unless you're asking to be walked into, as you should be). Order you shit and fucking move. Don't hand me trash to throw away, I don't have time to talk to you.

It's not rude, it's just everywhere else is retarded.
>>
What section of the city are you moving to?

I lived in center city for three years and used SEPTA for my main mode of transportation. When I had to make a large BJs run, or visit family well outside of the service area I'd rent a zipcar.

People will tell you the subway system sucks, and they're right because of the lack of coverage. That said, the busses will take you anywhere you want to go in the city
>>
>>978003
Eh, I'm from NYC and agree with that guy. I understand big city brusqueness but Philly adds a strong dash of "I hate my fucking life and if you don't act miserable as fuck you're just rubbing it in my face and I hate you"

On the other hand, his description of SEPTA sounds basically like a description of our MTA. Make work program for useless people who think they should have enough income for a house in the Rockaways and a vacation home in the Poconos just for clocking in on time for 35 years straight
>>
>>978005
Ha, ha, really?
Can you give any examples? Not trying to fight, just funny to hear it from an outsider.
>>
>>978007
I couldn't give you a specific example off the top of my head, it's just the vibe I get from the city. Obviously, individuals are all special snowflakes and all that jazz. I've even had a few conductors on SEPTA that were basically Mr. Rogers-tier nice.
>>
File: SEPTA.jpg (52KB, 452x604px) Image search: [Google]
SEPTA.jpg
52KB, 452x604px
>>
File: 16A_00_1.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
16A_00_1.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
>>977988
No, it's not. It's a regular service on a regular line. The PCCs are completely modernized and have A/C and wheelchair lift to be ADA compliant. Apparently it was cheaper to completely refurbish the PCCs they had stored at 1.2m each than buy new units. They have been painted in heritage colors for shits and giggles apparently, but it's def not a heritage service. Here's pic of the inside.
>>
>>977924
see
>>978003
>It's not rude, it's just everywhere else is retarded.

This is Philly in general. Everyone is a dick and get extremely defensive when you question their shitty city. Moved up here 3 years ago for work. PA is fucking awesome, but Philly is a giant shithole full of garbage and SEPTA fits that description as well. Only been on that shit twice. Once there was a dried puddle of vomit in the car with some nog screaming rap lyrics at everyone that came onto the train, and the second time the schedules didn't match how far the train would go and I ended up getting booted off a stop early with a "lol tough shit" attitude.

People from NJ who are in Philly cannot go 5 minutes without shouting about their great life in NJ, in Philly's peoples' defense, Jersey people are actually worse than them.

If you're from a big city though, the traffic isn't nearly as bad as NY or DC (despite Philly people acting like it's awful). I commute from a nice suburb west of Philly and it's pretty chill commute until you hit Filthadelphia, but even then it sure as fuck beats SEPTA.
>>
>>978013
holy shit, my sides.
>>
File: 1361416656577.jpg (63KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
1361416656577.jpg
63KB, 600x406px
>>978030
>awful
>lives here for three years
>>
File: 1452386039405.jpg (137KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1452386039405.jpg
137KB, 800x800px
>>978013
This had better be real
holy fucking kek
>>
>>978005
>, I'm from NYC and agree with that guy. I understand big city brusqueness but Philly adds a strong dash of "I hate my fucking life and if you don't act miserable as fuck you're just rubbing it in my face and I hate you"

Oh big new yorker fag talk in here. You think you're better than me or something? What?
>>
>>978030

Philadelphia is a weird place. Some of the meanest people in America live here. I personally enjoy the bad attitudes. Like every customer service employee in the city hates you and lets you know it. A quarter of the population still smokes CIGARETTES. Alcoholism is rampant

It's like living in a giant experiment where god made a city out of Irish, Italian, and Black people for the lols
>>
>>977924
Ride a bike.
>>
>>979180
When our baseball teams win the World Series we have orderly and excited fans cheering their hometown heroes. Philly had riots in scattered neighborhoods,cars on fire and general idiocy on Broad and Pattison.
>>
>>980011
What do you expect? I wasn't alive last time the Eagles got anywhere, and the Flyers haven't been killer since the Broad Street Bullies days. Philly has the most dedicated fans, we get shut on all the time, and we never ever win.
We waited a long time.

I was in high school in NJ when the Phills won and they gave us and all the surrounding schools off so we could go see the parade.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.