/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know which board to go to but Long story short,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (141KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 750x1334px
I don't know which board to go to but Long story short, I was stoned on eBay and bought a sailboat. I'm just curious how in over my head I am. I know little about sailing but have time and alittle money on my side.

Here is the boat. I live about 70 miles where it is moored.

I haven't paid anything yet and think I am just bailing on the whole deal.
Here is the boat.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262495614428
>>
Marijuana doesn't cloud your judgment

Anyway I don't know shit about boats but I'd certainly buy one for 500 bucks. Do you have to pay a monthly fee to keep it there or something though?
>>
>>977112
It can make you overlook obvious problem..
Around 170/m from what I have found to keep boat there. I leave next week for around a month.
>>
File: sunny603-01.jpg (69KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sunny603-01.jpg
69KB, 1024x576px
>>
Could be a good time. Looks like you just bought a new condo on the water. Pickup chicks invite me back to your boat and go back "home" after the weekend" elbow grease and an electric motor replacement with a few batteries and solar and you have a right proper live aboard. Don't forget to LEARN to sail before you kill youself in poor wether.
>>
>>977109

You're way out of your depth, but sometimes that's a good way to have learning experiences.

It's $400. That's not even a good pair of sunglasses, and you're just going to smoke it up anway.
>>
hell you got a deal. 400$ and it floats. has most stuff too. excellent work
>>
inb4 op takes his boat for a three hour tour.
>>
>>977109
Sail fag here, any mid 70's ship made of fiberglass is a good find anon, they have thicker hulls. gj. Now tell me if you're in saltwater or not, it really changes the proccess, also do you own a dock slip or are you goint to anchor it?
>>
File: tuvBWcJ.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
tuvBWcJ.gif
4MB, 640x360px
>>977569
Didn't complete my post.
Before you invest you need to see the boat.
>check sails
Ask bluntly if there are any issues raising sails or if there are any hand made repairs. Fortunately there's an abundance of slightly used sails out there so this won't be a deal breaker.
>Engine
If it's an internal it's also most likely diesel and if it doesn't work you're probably shit out out of luck as that makes it as old as the boat. External engines are different though, They can be unbolted and resold for scrap to pay for a replacement which does not need to be fast or strong on a sailboat. (it does need to be strong enough though)
>Electrical
Does it have AC, a refrigerator, outlets, a stove, or any other amenities. If so the batteries will probably need to be replaced. Which will run you up a bit, also AC is a pain in the ass to maintain so you may just want to leave that alone for now. Also there's a chance that the boat needs to be rewired.
If your lucky enough to find a gas stove in their it might still work. (they don't seem to break for some reason but be weary of leaks)
>bilge
Every boat worth shit should have a working bilge pump, without it you can sink or fill the bilge with all maner of other shit that will make it unliveabe.
>ammenites
Are the cushions even there? Consider most boat chusions are custom made and therefor expensive yet almost neccessary. Sleeping without bedding or even sitting down can get pretty annoying without them. Also look around for brackets and the like often times there's detachable tables arm rests and even bed bottoms available.
>the hull
When was the last time the boat was dry docked. If you're in water plant and coral life will attach to the boat, a copper coat and good zinks are neccissary to keep the propeller and hull clean.

With all of this together I've spent an almost unreasonable amount of money $3500 getting my boat where I want it to be. That being said it is basically a house that sails.
>>
>>977575
No coral, it looks like it has sat in the water a few years, atomic 4 engine with a cracked head and a hairline crack in the block. Haven't actually seen the boat, but I'm leaving the the sat for the next few weeks and I do t have a slip or anyway of doing anything with it. My sailboat dreams are going to wait awhile. Maybe I'll just find someone else with a boat and go sailing on it a few times

I backed out. It's back up for bid starting at 100.
>>
>>978486
Buy somethin tiny, like a Cape Cod Merc, or better yet, a 420 (yes there's a boat line called a 420), learn to effing sail, then hunt on Ebay for a deal like this.
Also get a boating license if you haven't already.
>>
honestly my advice is to get a marine surveyor to give your boat an inspection. It's going to cost another few hundred dollars, but they can spot a lot of serious problems that you may not be aware of. Getting a used boat into sailable shape can be a lot of work, and boat repair/maintenance is practically another job on its own. It can be extremely rewarding though
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.