[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of bar tape do you guys like? This thread brought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 12058728936_24fdd290bb_b.jpg (267KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
12058728936_24fdd290bb_b.jpg
267KB, 1024x768px
What kind of bar tape do you guys like?

This thread brought to you by foamers, good job causing the demise of the Hokkaido train thread, but there just isn't room for you here anymore :(
>>
File: 5822874351_c5bdc2a27f_o.jpg (154KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
5822874351_c5bdc2a27f_o.jpg
154KB, 600x399px
Fizik microtex is the best I've ever used.
>>
I like cinelli cork tape, and soma "thick and zesty" serrated tape

The cinelli can't be re-wrapped in my experience, it just dissolves when you remove it. Soma tape I've managed to salvage

The serrated stuff feels good on your hands. The Cinelli cork is just nice quality compared to the cheapest stuff, and only ~$3 more

I don't believe lizardskins or leather or cotton tape could really be better than cork / fake cork, at least in non-racing / fop wagon applications So why spend the money..
>>
>>973600

I rode lizardskins tape for a season.
It was alright but nothing special. Better than cheap cork.
>>
Fizik Superlight
>>
File: s2.jpg (352KB, 1382x1044px) Image search: [Google]
s2.jpg
352KB, 1382x1044px
My favorites are Fizik Microtex (best feel, easy to keep clean, good service life) and cloth under shellac (feels nice if you don't want much padding, cheap, unbeatable service life).
>>
Lizardskin or CLOTH
>>
Brooks perforated leather.
>>
File: 1424232514228.jpg (117KB, 531x783px) Image search: [Google]
1424232514228.jpg
117KB, 531x783px
>>973824
*tips*
>>
File: 321310.jpg (48KB, 564x382px) Image search: [Google]
321310.jpg
48KB, 564x382px
>>973587
Bontrager Double Gel Cork
>>
Cheap Daeda cork tape.
>>
>>973587
Cinelli
(recently got a flat-bar rigid mtb with foam grips and they're super fuckin comfy even if my hands are kinda gross afterwords)
>>
>>973602
Lizardskins just ain't durable, and fuckin $40 a pack. Mine didn't even last a whole CX season
>>
Lizardskins on my road bike.

Cinelli cork on my cage. The previous owner of my cage was some fatty who had squeezed the steering wheel with all his strength and made it all mushy and disgusting. So I did what every cyclist would do and wrapped it with bar tape.
>>
>>973878
Not to mention it gets slippery as fuck with even a tiny bit of rain/sweat/mud. I'm back to cork.
>>
File: DSC07488.jpg (238KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
DSC07488.jpg
238KB, 1600x1063px
big fan of shimano tape myself
>>
I usually use leather tape.

On my touring bike, I have regular cork tape UNDER leather tape. It's pretty fuccin cush
>>
>>973961
I thought their whole schtick was that the friction would be strong in the rain?

I just bought some...have been using Fizik Superlight for years. Now I'm reconsidering...damn, /n/ please push me.
>to lizard skin or..
>>
>>974264
If you just bought some you should probably read a fair bit of shitposting online and then decide whether to throw it away or use it for life. Trying it for yourself and developing a personal opinion sounds like a bother.
>>
>>974264

Nah. Stick with Fizik.
I've used both and there's just no contest.
>>
I needed to rewrap my bars and that sram supercork stuff was all that was left. Shit seems ok to me, used it in the rain and mud with no problems.
>>
File: 1460235244519.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1460235244519.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>974274
>mfw utilizing the knowledge of others to incorporate into decisions makings is just too damn logical
>>
I have some cheapo drops coming on a bike to me

I want to swap the drops with something better where i am

Should i just have him glue and sand it and save the nice tape i have for new bars? Or keep wrap these, try the bike in a new position for a bit before i swap bars?

It has classic drops, i want ergo compacts.
>>
>>973610
why raised handlebars?
>>
>>974465
Why not? (not that anon)
>>
I only use that tubular foam shit that walmart sells
>>
i've been using whatever came with my bikes, usually manufacturer's cork stuff, it looks decent and always matches and gets the job done

also used bontrager's gel corks when i had to replace some on an older road bike after a crash
bontrager's tape is a bit too much like handling melted cheese to me

i just replaced the stock tape on my road bike with fizik endurance tape and it feels pretty good and looks amazing, but i don't have any personal experience with the durability of it
>>
>>973593
>>973610
Same thing I use.
It's easy to keep clean and it's durable.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.