[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/drt/ - Daily Ride Thread - Should Have Brought a Second Bottle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 87

Cold and windy has given way to hot and windy.
>>
Based headwind
Keep the casuals at home and the freds in their place
>>
For today's 4.5 hour ride I took 2 bottles, plus the equivalent of 3 more in my trunk bag and still had to fill a bottle up in the park on the way home. The first 2 miles of a gravel road I went down was nasty. There was a dirt dump and numerous semis passing kicking up huge plumes of dust. A dirt road I went down didn't have much traffic since the last rain, so the surface was dry and cracked. That stuff crumbles when riding over it and eats a lot of speed.
>>
>>965614
whats a fred

sry
>>
File: googles definitive answer.png (30KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
googles definitive answer.png
30KB, 800x452px
>>965634
>>
>>965638

but that's wrong.

>>965634

A Fred is an overweight middle aged man in full racing kit on an expensive bicycle.
>>
>>965640
nope not wrong, google knows all
>>
>>965634
>whats a fred
'Fred' is what you get called around here if you have a bike and/or equipment and/or kit that is nicer than the old, worn-out garbage from a thrift store (or what they can steal from someone else) that is all the NEETs of 4chan can afford from what they can steal from mommys' purse when she's not looking. They especially push that term on anyone who is more athletic than they are, because it reminds them of what filthy casuals they are -- but they lie about that all the time, instead posting made-up stories about how they passed some 'Fred' (who, in reality, is just out for a ride, and is not being competitive with anyone) out on the bike paths. You'll know of whom I speak of when you see them out on their 'bikes' (using the term loosely, since it's usually a worn-out, rusty 80's tenspeed, held together with duct tape, bailing wire, chewing gum, and the stretched-out, ruined chain soaked and dripping in old filthy motor oil stolen from the Jiffy Lube down the street from them, and they'll be wearing gym clothes with holes in them and filthy shoes (again, all from the thrift store, since they're NEETs and have no money other than what they can beg, borrow, or steal), or if they're the lowest-of-the-low NEETs, their worn-out tenspeed was too worn out to even be a tenspeed anymore, so they'll 'convert' it to a 'fixie', meaning the chain was so worn out that the rear derailleur wrapped itself around the rear axle and almost ruined the wheel, so they had to strip all that off and turn it into a 'fixie', which they'll claim has more street cred because 'steel is real'. Never mind that the drop bars are turned upside down because they are in such poor physical condition that they can't even get low enough to ride on the brake hoods, or that the flanges for the downtube shifters are still there, or that it still says 'Schwinn' on the top tube..
>>
>>965641

A true cyclist mistrusts google.

If you don't have a healthy mistrust of google yet you need to ride a couple thousand miles more and come back after.
>>
>>965647

daaaaaaaaaamn
not sure I've ever seen anyone this mad
>>
>>965652

its a pasta newfriend
>>
File: BnhFp2nIQAEg39X.jpg (48KB, 599x367px) Image search: [Google]
BnhFp2nIQAEg39X.jpg
48KB, 599x367px
>>965647
The sad thing is, you wish you qualified for fred status but your caad8 doesn't really qualify you IRL so you get mad on behalf of your imaginary self that actually owns a good bike
>>
>>965638
is it really that bad to not wear cycling clothes? who cares
>>
File: fred.jpg (155KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
155KB, 612x612px
I did a group ride today. Averaged like 31.4. It was a fun ride.
>>965696
The definition in that pic is wrong. Fred is pic related. >>965640 nailed it.
>>
>>965647
..listen, buddy, I don't know who you are or what kind of cycling you do. Me, I'm a road cyclist on a local team. I train 6 days a week, and in a normal week the 7th day is in the gym doing core strengthening. Yesterday I did 30 minutes continuous at Threshold, a new PR for me. Looking at doing a TT this year, for the first time since I got hurt a few years back, and I think I can win one, or at least place in the top 5. Not bragging, just establishing who I am and what I'm about. Long rides at Threshold are no picnic.

There are two kinds of cyclists: Competitors, and everyone else. I don't care what kind of bike we're talking about, or what terrain you ride on, or how many days or how many miles a week, everyone falls into one of those two categories. The riders who are not competitors? They'll back off if it's starting to get uncomfortable. Why? Because they have *no reason* to push themselves that hard. In terms of training zones, if they push past Endurance and into Tempo or beyond, they won't stay there for more than a very short amount of time before backing off, because it's *uncomfortable* for them, and they don't feel the need to go that fast.

Competitors? They aren't pushing themselves to the point of it being abject suffering for no good reason, they know that on the other side of that suffering, there are *gains*. They know that as the mesocycles go by, they'll be able to go a little faster and a little longer because of that suffering, and they know that from those gains, comes getting that much closer to winning races, or that town-line sprint, or being first to the top of that big climb on the weekly fast group ride, or whatever it is that, for them, translates into 'competition'. Usually it's about some race or another, but it can even mean being the first to the top of that one big climb on the weekly group ride, or just beating your own PR on a set course you ride alone every week. There's a challenge, and they feel the need to meet it.
>>
>>965711
that's better at least I don't really like the idea of pissing on anyone's parade especially if they enjoy the same hobby as you but those types seem better to laugh at than someone who just rides casually
>>
Trying to find new bike routes, what's good lads?
>>
File: blum.jpg (796KB, 1426x1070px) Image search: [Google]
blum.jpg
796KB, 1426x1070px
>>
>>965634
>whats a fred
Whatever you want it to be.
>>
File: fred.jpg (769KB, 1410x940px) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
769KB, 1410x940px
>>
>>965796
>fixiefag hitting middle age
>>
File: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg (13KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg
13KB, 268x268px
>>965798
>>965796
Fuck, i didn't even notice the drivetrain. Now nothing in this picture makes sense.
A fat Fred on a track bike with a brake, on the road. Not even fixiefags would dress like that outside the velodrome. I didn't know proper track frames even accepted brakes.
>>
File: gateway-trail.jpg (95KB, 399x512px) Image search: [Google]
gateway-trail.jpg
95KB, 399x512px
>>965720

Gateway.
>>
Went out for a 50k ride. 15 kms in and feeling pumped as it was a sunny day. Quick stop sitting on the top tube to admire the view and have a quick drink when suddenly I vomit all over my bars,forks,garmin, wheels and legs.

Other than that I got a PR on my local climb.
8/10
>>
>>965796
>eVAns
>>
>>965881
Looks tasty m8. I live in TexASS tho
>capta: select all pies
>>
>>965711
31.4 what? Kph or mph
>>
>finish building carbon roadbike
>wheelset still on the way to me but bike has another wheelset so rideable
>go take it for a test ride and visit parents
>dad sees new bike
>insists on going for a ride
>hasn't ridden a bike in years
>never ridden clipless
I'm sweating fucking bullets right now guys. Why can't I say no? There's a real possibility that I'll soon have a nice wheelset and no bike.

If my bike makes it back in one piece I'm never letting anyone borrow it ever again.
>>
>>965634
https://biskey7.wordpress.com/2011/04/02/bicycling-are-you-a-fred/
>>
Wind gusting to 60 km/h today, and tomorrow. The last two months have been the windiest I can remember. Utter shit riding weather.
>>
>>966742
>to ride on a cycling path at 15 mph (24 km/h), something which even the most casual untrained cyclist can manage on an inexpensive hybrid bicycle

I like the article, but this is kind of hogwash. I know for a fact when I was cycling last year starting as an unfit lump, averaging 20 km/h on my inexpensive hybrid was hard fuckin' work.
>>
>>966837
i notice he didn't use the word averageing
>>
File: chomp.jpg (824KB, 2237x1105px) Image search: [Google]
chomp.jpg
824KB, 2237x1105px
>>965613
>Second Bottle
>>
File: dive.jpg (696KB, 1699x1057px) Image search: [Google]
dive.jpg
696KB, 1699x1057px
>>
File: flowin.jpg (2MB, 1996x1497px) Image search: [Google]
flowin.jpg
2MB, 1996x1497px
>>
File: crispy.jpg (835KB, 2001x1201px) Image search: [Google]
crispy.jpg
835KB, 2001x1201px
>>
File: giggle.jpg (860KB, 1840x1313px) Image search: [Google]
giggle.jpg
860KB, 1840x1313px
>>
File: GOPR0868.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GOPR0868.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
>>965634
Cyclist term for poser.
>>
>go resonbly hard on climbs
>barely 3 W/kg estimated power on strava

pls be strong, legs
>>
File: 2016-06-13.jpg (14KB, 250x334px)
2016-06-13.jpg
14KB, 250x334px
I had a nice ride. 30 Miles with my old man. Ended up with my chain snapping when we sprinted up a short sharp hill, luckily it held itself together enough to get the other 10 miles home without stopping. Next time the chain tool is coming with me.
>>
>Get a flat half a mile away from home
>replace tube
>spare tube has a hole
>patch hole
>spare tube has another hole.
Man, fuck.
>>
>>968022
There's probably still a shard of glass inside your tyre and it will ruin every tube you'll put in until you remove it.
>>
Just got home from college for summer and took my fixed gear for a short ride around town. I had forgotten how much fun it is to ride.
>>
>>968031
>fixed gear
>>
90 km today after 3 days of mostly eating chocolate chip cookies. Yesterday's weather was ok early on, but I committed myself to babysitting a pork butt for 10 hours while it smoked on a charcoal grill.

I didn't drink enough early during the first couple hours and started feeling crappy for a while. This shitty rail crossing on a frequent route finally got a permanent fix. I needed to come to nearly a complete stop when crossing it.
>>
>>968032
yes?
>>
>plan route before going to sleep based on 20 kph wind
>wake up and the forecast has changed to 40 gusting to 60 kph
This has been happening constantly for the past 2 months. Fortunately today the revised forecast was also wrong. The gusts were topping out at 35 kph. Since the wind was SE, I was never going straight into it so I managed 17 kph avg going upwind on dirt roads. Shortened the ride from 135 to 95 km.

Saw a pair of bike police wearing regular uniforms with long pants while snaking my way across the city on the way home. They looked like they were hot.
>>
File: GPbTYkP.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
GPbTYkP.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
Took out the late 70's department store bike I found at the junkyard for it's first ride today, right after a storm.
>>
File: geezerLevelBars.jpg (61KB, 598x556px) Image search: [Google]
geezerLevelBars.jpg
61KB, 598x556px
I rode my bike today! I'm recovering from a broken collarbone so it hurts even with the bars sky-high, but after two weeks off the bike it feels soooo good to ride again. Hopefully I'll be ready for my regular commuting rides soon, taking the bus to work sucks.
>>
>>968490
>bottle cage
My sides
>>
>>965796
>at some point he was putting on the spandex and left the house and put on the mask
>>
>>968505
Jealous of your recovery, I'm nursing a fucked up tendon and not riding is making me insane. It's been nearly a month now.
>>
Do bike commuters usually just have easy, flat rides on city streets? Or are hills involved?

I was thinking about this in terms of like, if you bike to work and have a tough ride with hills or whatever, doesn't that add a lot of time to your commutes? Don't you get tired/sweaty before even getting into work, then having to start the day tired?

Or working all day then having to struggle up a hill back home before even eating dinner? I dunno
>>
File: spam.png (29KB, 336x437px)
spam.png
29KB, 336x437px
>>968535
>>
>>968535
Common sense answers most of these, many workplaces esp. large corporate provide shower/change facilities for their employees
>>
>>968535
Where I live there's no avoiding hills, but my ride to work in the morning is mostly downhill so I never get sweaty enough in the morning for it to be a problem even without showering, just changing into clean clothes when I arrive is sufficient.

Going home sometimes I feel weary, especially at the end of a workweek, but it's just part of life and you deal with it.
>>
>>968505
The best part of recovering from a broken collarbone is being able to jack off with the right hand. Feels good as fuck.
>>
>>968535
The best way is to go for intense long rides in your down time, and then commuting a few km at a relaxed pace, even with hills, is trivial and only serves to invigorate you.
>>
>>968025
Thanks for the tip lad, it ended up just being the shitty non glue patches I was using, they just don't stay down. Last time I buy them.
>>
115 km into a headwind.
>>
>>968535
No hills but I still get sweaty every morning, ain't nobody got time to ride at a leisurely pace on a commute. It does get quite windy pretty often as I live on a coast. We have a shower and changing room at the workplace so I take a shower every morning when I get to work.
>>
16 Ā°C and cloudy which was a nice change from high 20s for the past week. Had to avoid dirt roads since it rained yesterday, but gravel ones were ok.

Going down gravel road or quiet non-divided highways I've noticed just about every oncoming vehicle waves at me.
>>
File: NNs.jpg (906KB, 2275x1237px) Image search: [Google]
NNs.jpg
906KB, 2275x1237px
>>968686
nice.
>>
File: chompers.jpg (404KB, 1792x849px) Image search: [Google]
chompers.jpg
404KB, 1792x849px
>>
File: cow.jpg (737KB, 2257x933px) Image search: [Google]
cow.jpg
737KB, 2257x933px
>>
File: cage.jpg (927KB, 1878x1267px) Image search: [Google]
cage.jpg
927KB, 1878x1267px
>>
File: mullburyed.jpg (1MB, 1995x1271px) Image search: [Google]
mullburyed.jpg
1MB, 1995x1271px
fudelivery.
>>
I did my first imperial century of the year today. Aside from a few stretches (gravel and stop signs) we were going around 20mph for most of it. 102 miles total. It was a fun ride.
>>
>fuck it, big ring only shut up legs
>cut 10% off my time

Wasted the last 3 years being a little baby
>>
File: bIMG_0288.jpg (701KB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
bIMG_0288.jpg
701KB, 1824x1368px
Sunny windy day, got out before 6 am for a 110 km ride. 30 km/h headwind on the way out, which picked up to 40 on the way back.

Many of the gravel roads were packed smooth from two days of rain. This one had tire tread marks which created a bit of tire buzz. I saw a lot of deer today, they seem to like hiding in the tall grass at the edge of the road, which is about the only place they can hide. One jumped out when I was going past.
>>
File: 20160416_004624.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160416_004624.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
took this photo at a night ride the other day
30kms from my house
>>
>>969366
cool, I'm going on my second of the month/ my 2nd ever tomorrow... supposed to hit near 100F, sooo this might be painful
>>
>>969629
I hope that goes well for you, anon~ Bring plenty of water and report back on how it goes.
>>
>>969512
Wow. What state?
>>
>usual 25 mile loop
>get passed by 2 legit guys in kit on one the best roads in the region
>hang with them for 3 miles
>road grade kicks up and I get dropped

Strava stalked the guys and found they run the same route I do.
>>
>>969712
>only doing 25 miles
>can't even go hard more than 3 miles
HAHAHAHAHAHA
oh my oh my the fredness is fucking overflowing
HAHAHAHAHA
GET GUD
>>
>>969703
ok i'm up early and havent rode yet, but still hung over.. really might have fucked up last night hahah.
>>
>>969715
my hard isn't your pansy hard u fuk face
try keeping up when I go 40mph u faggot
>>
>>969797
Thankfully this was an organized ride. I burned most of the alcohol out of my system in the 1st 20ish miles, kinda had some trouble from the 60-75mile range and got a second wind once I started drafting with someone and we kept switching off making great time.... then I got a flat with 10 to go hitting a ton of potholes, I probably could have avoided them but I was tired and paying more attention to traffic than where I was going.. cya drafting partner. So I linked up with some more people but all of us missed a sign and rode 2-3 miles before me figured it out.. overall it was pretty cool and will try to make this a thing every year if I can.

https://www.strava.com/activities/613358698
>>
Fuck bogs
Fuck mosquitoes
Fuck fatbikes
In fact, fuck all bicycles. I'm selling my bikes and buying a Jeep. Or a Unimog. Or an Abrams.
>>
File: image.jpg (1006KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1006KB, 1920x1080px
Touring Colorado, taking mostly 4wd trails.
>>
>>970007
fucking awesome
>>
>windy all week
>perfect weather yesterday but too tired to ride after riding in wind all week
>wind gusting to 80 km/h today
I have had it with this motherfucking wind on this motherfucking plain!
>>
>>969977
What bike and how much?
>>
File: HLelx1o.jpg (955KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
HLelx1o.jpg
955KB, 2448x3264px
Went out on some local fireroads.
>>
>>969800
except u got pased and dropped by freds u fukin fred cunt, ill cat6 you and half your time you nerd, those freds that dropped you after 3 miles? yeah compaing them to me is like comparing a 3 year old to lance armstrong on drugs
and i dont even do drugs cause im not a fag
get rekt casual
>>
>>969971
hi tim
>>
>>970534
Hi
>>
35 miles at 20mph. Little bit hilly. Stayed around 290w with z5/6 digs on the hills. NP 299w, p-max 1134. Need to get my numbers up :/
>>
>out for a morning ride with my buddy
>turn around after a bit of a downhill
>buddy has vanished
>go back and he's got a flat
>doesn't carry a spare tube cus he's a poorfag
>no problem, I'll just ride home and pick him up
>one mile away and my tube pops
>huge gash on the side of the tire
Man, fuck, this shit just keeps happening.
>>
Was flying down a hill way too fast for comfort and ended up having the front tire slip on me. Hit the ground hard a few feet forward from where I actually crashed, kinda fun those types of crashes when you realize you washed out as you hit the ground. Happened way to early in the ride and made the entire day feel like crap. Had to wander off into the bush and lay in the grass and shade for a few minutes after that. Lowered my front tires air pressure and continued my trail ride. Have a gnarly bruise now on the shoulder. Oh yeah and of course some dude appeared in a thick French accent after I crashed just to comment that he seen me wipe out real good. Bastard.
>>
>>965872
Not a track bike. It's a fixed gear tt bike. It would have been a 90-something inch fixed gear comp.
>>
I left the house just before 4 am to do a route I planned for Saturday but was too tired for. As soon as I left the city the temperature dropped from 10 Ā°C to 5, which was a little chilly.

A closed bridge added an extra 6.5 km which bumped up the distance to 145 km. For the detour I ended up going down a dirt road that was just dry enough to not be sticky. I had marked those dirt roads on openstreetmap as tracks so I can look at my Garmin and know which roads to avoid when it has rained recently, but I guess I wandered outside the area I edited.
>>
Personal best of the year: 40.03 km in 1:47

Wasn't hard at all I'll probably end up doing that every day for a few weeks or so then go longer.
>>
>>969354
that's totally a horse
#triggeredByFilename
>>
> be me
> 32C outside
> drink a beer before climb
> still heat stricken two days later
>>
>>971323
>bottom left corner

baconrider is a brilliant troll
>>
File: 1343473815265.png (592KB, 762x948px) Image search: [Google]
1343473815265.png
592KB, 762x948px
>mfw snapping front fender mounts with toe overlap

I knew that was gonna be trouble
>>
>>971121
>fixed gear tt bike
wat
>>
Did an 80 km 1/2 gravel ride yesterday and encountered some fresh graded stuff. Slowed me down a lot so I cut the ride back. The heat and humidity didn't help. One spot of freshly graded road was really nice since the grader only made the first pass leaving a smooth section on the edge of the road.

Then in the evening I went on a group ride in the city which jogged my memory as to why I hate group rides in the city. After splitting off from the group, more fresh gravel, followed by nice long section of smooth packed mud.

Short ride today since I was tired from yesterday and I wanted to save some energy for an early ride tomorrow. Overnight low is 15 Ā°C, and the high is far too hot, so I'll try to be out the door at 4 am to enjoy a cool early 110 km ride.
>>
Just did my first group ride ever. 40km felt like nothing.
>>
I just keep biking...every day my legs are killing me and every day I say it's break time and then I go anyway.
>>
>cruising along
>dude a ways up at an intersection does a classic clipless fall
>messenger bag, skull tattoo on calf, flat black purefixie, and curly hairdo all appear to be no more than a week old

I really wanted to say, "be careful you don't cut yourself with that edge!" as I coasted by.
>>
>having a nice little ride
>getting close to my turn around spot
>see 2 homeless junkies sleeping on the bike path ahead of me
>go and turn around
>grabbing a drink of water near the homeless people
>squirt them as I slowly cruise past
>they dont even wake up or move
>oh well free bath for them
>>
>>972997

What goes around comes around.
>>
>>972998
yeah it makes you wonder what they did to end up there... oh wait it was probably meth or heroin
>>
>>973001
Go back to /pol/, kid.
>>
>>973002
I've actually never been to /pol/ I just dont think you should be nice to the scum of society
>>
>>973002
>waaa, stop hating on the useless shitstain junkies!
>>
File: photo_2016-06-26_20-21-32.jpg (141KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-06-26_20-21-32.jpg
141KB, 1280x719px
I encountered a cage I can appreciate
>>
>>972996
>I really wanted to say, "be careful you don't cut yourself with that edge!" as I coasted by.

God damn you're gay as fuck
>>
>>973002
>everyone I disagree with is /pol/
>>
>>973183
Nice Prius.
>>
File: blackflag.jpg (702KB, 1710x1078px) Image search: [Google]
blackflag.jpg
702KB, 1710x1078px
>>972647
>>
File: foaters.jpg (674KB, 2242x1002px)
foaters.jpg
674KB, 2242x1002px
>>
File: weedy.jpg (448KB, 1854x943px)
weedy.jpg
448KB, 1854x943px
>>
File: gloww.jpg (819KB, 2582x1426px) Image search: [Google]
gloww.jpg
819KB, 2582x1426px
>>
File: mow.jpg (840KB, 2592x1100px) Image search: [Google]
mow.jpg
840KB, 2592x1100px
>>
>>965613
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ta8lSwPGdU
>>
Got out early for 95 km before it got too hot. Inhaled far too much roundup vapor from fields being sprayed and started coughing near the end.
>>
File: logo.png (36KB, 800x268px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
36KB, 800x268px
>>973701
On behalf of Monsanto Ltd. we are suing you for slander against our company.
>>
File: IMG_2289.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2289.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Russian Ridge was fucking gorgeous at sunset today
>>
〜
>>
>>973909
That's spectacular. Is it particularly high up?
>>
I was going for an after work 40km ride and a wasp got in my jersey and stung me twice at the armpit so not the best ride... But the weather was fucking awesome !

>>973704
thanks for saving the world AND fighting the bad guyz monsanto, you truly are the best !
>>
>>974086
I had a bee get stuck in my helmet and stung my in the scalp. I also didn't think to pull the stinger out so my whole 1/2 of my face was swollen.
>>
Amazing. I bet you could snowboard down those dunes. Give it a try for me!! please!!
>>
>>973929
Not really, peak of the ridge is around 2600 ft. But the fog rolling in from the pacific every evening is pretty amazing.
>>
Tried a 16 mile city loop but hit a pothole near mile 9 and popped both tires, only one spare tube and apparently my patchkit got lost at some point. Shouldered it to the bus then from the bus stop home.

Still a better than a work night.
>>
File: drt.gif (194KB, 794x573px) Image search: [Google]
drt.gif
194KB, 794x573px
>>974287
>>
File: 20160513_131447-1.jpg (1MB, 2789x1793px) Image search: [Google]
20160513_131447-1.jpg
1MB, 2789x1793px
>>968686
At least there is wind cooling you down
>>
File: 20160513_131329-1.jpg (1MB, 2900x1724px)
20160513_131329-1.jpg
1MB, 2900x1724px
>>974301
I should really stop biking in sweatpants
>>
Early 110 km ride this morning. My route lead me to a dead end road. There was no signage indicating the road was closed, but the 8 foot tall berm of grown over dirt strongly implied it. So I had to back track a few km on loose gravel, uphill and into the wind.
>>
Did a 40 mile loop with my mom in some light rain. Headwind on the hill climb but it was a slight tailwind on the way down and on the way back into town. A little bit of unexpected construction on the way back into town.
>>
File: ICE.jpg (512KB, 1698x891px) Image search: [Google]
ICE.jpg
512KB, 1698x891px
>>
49 km mtb ride around town. The roads were nice and quiet. My plan was to take it easy, which worked for the upwind portion. But as usual soon as I get a tailwind I can't help but push harder. And then there were the green lights in need of sprinting.
>>
Nicotine loaded well yesterday and did a new PW on my current 50K by a few minutes!
>>
>>975145
Casual group gravel ride planned for today starting at a campground 40 km away. Its looking like there will be rain showers, but I'll go anyway since they look to be moving fast and should be short lived.
>>
>>975145
>Nicotine loaded

u wot
>>
>>975284
You don't down a pack of fags when everyone seems to provocate you the whole day?
>>
>>975172
Ride was an extra casual 68 km with no rain. My 4 hour rides usually have an elapsed time of under 4.5 hours, but this one was 6.5 due to all the stops and lunch break. Nice route but a little slow for my liking, with my HR mostly in zone 1 and 2. Still managed 2nd overall on a segment, second out of 2 people that is.
>>
File: hail.jpg (644KB, 1615x1169px) Image search: [Google]
hail.jpg
644KB, 1615x1169px
>>975540
>no rain
itsa,, deserthey said,,, a DESERT!
>>
>>975587
Bacon... why are you sitting in the shower wearing your helmet and some old chemistry goggles?
>>
>>975596
>why
This question presupposes a type of rationality that simply does not exist in the world of BaconRider
>>
>hit 80ish miles today
>almost broke the 50mph barrier
>got a flat and bonked toward the end
>almost home and stopped at a stop light
>girl in car pulls up next to meand makes eye contact for a moment
>starts staring at my crotch
>I notice this and do a little hip thrust
>she realizes I notice and drops her spagehtti
>pulls out into traffic without checking
>almost gets in an accident
>>
File: pinkbike.jpg (879KB, 1440x1080px)
pinkbike.jpg
879KB, 1440x1080px
Caught a rut wrong on a steep downhill 2 miles into the ride, bent the front wheel but decided to finish the last 12 miles anyway.
>>
>>975989
Ouch. I'm sorry.
>>
>>975989
>MTBs are for big blowhards. My knobby-tyred road bike can handle any trail you'll find one of those weekend warriors on!
This makes me smile.
>>
>>976097
That is a mountainbike you ignorant twelveyearold. Of the 90's variety.
>>
>>976097
Where did I say or even imply any of that shit?

There are tons of trails around here that this bike can't handle; that's why I also have a more serious full-suspension mountain bike. But the rigid bike never fails to put a smile on my face when I take it out, and that's all that matters, right?

So how about you quit shitting on other people and post photos of your own rides, faggot.
>>
>>976101
Any pictures of it done up all nice? I love dirt dropper conversions.
>>
File: pinkbike2.jpg (956KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pinkbike2.jpg
956KB, 1440x1080px
>>976273
Here's a picture from later in the day.

>>976101
Nope, not actually a 90's MTB, although certainly built to emulate one. Not even a whole lot of vintage parts on it. The pedals, cranks, and front derailleur are all M737 parts straight out of 1995, while the rear drivetrain is 9-speed stuff from the early 2000s. I debated putting some vintage Shimano canti brakes on it, bot modern mini-V brakes are just too good.

I'm also building up a sweet set of wheels with some NOS M900 hubs.
>>
Short ride yesterday and none today due to thunderstorms in the area.

I've started taking photos and packing up the collectible comic book statues I used to buy, to get some cash for more important things. So many of them have ridiculously high buy it now prices on ebay it should be easy to move them. One of them is BIN listed for around $1000 US, and recently a used one sold for $800. Forget collectible bikes for investing, figurines are where its at.
>>
File: acupressure.jpg (406KB, 1862x901px) Image search: [Google]
acupressure.jpg
406KB, 1862x901px
itsall,, abouthe water., rudesecation!, make ito the Sprinklers!! HALLLLAJULA!
,but Dont spend too long., a quick pass,, so Tempting to justsit,,,OVERSOAK!
,, zip down the road and> A COLD ARTIC WIND ,, blastsme as the Evaperation soaks all heat.,
,,, up ahead is my horsestop!, BRRRRRR! IM FREEZEING!
,pullup and BASK in the sun,,AAAaaaah!, meanwhile athe visiter area, BIG Fancy Motormansions ideling,, look ofacination faces> Mutant NEvadan.
,,, horsestrot over, the aura is completee!
>>
I just rode 20 miles for the first time and boy are my legs tired! Halfway through after riding down a trail of tall weeds I could not shift onto my big ring which stunk.
>>
File: just.jpg (195KB, 1296x720px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
195KB, 1296x720px
>go to local rec area
>attempt to ride tech singletrack
>not groomed
>clotheslines every quarter mile
>bridges rotting
>gaps too narrow for my bars
>wrong turn
>end up blasting through africa to the river
>turn around, seek alt. route
>unrideable climb with downed trees
>break off onto xc ski trails
>super fun
>steep descent coming up
>ruined by horsefags
>yolo down it ass-over-back-wheel
>hairpin into tall grass in a creek bed
>DOWNED TREE
>get over it
>gnarly climb with deep horse tracks filled with standing water
JUST
>>
I am not going to shit the board up with a new thread so I post this here:

After several rides/commutes and finding I bonk in the afternoon I have been doing research. That research led me to

THE CENTURY. Doing a 100 miles in one hit.

My commute is a piss poor 5 miles either way. I turn that into a 15 on the way back by adding additional ride time.

Weekends are longer. 30s, sometimes a 50. Now I want to do a big one.

Anyone out there have experience, tips, training ideas?

>inb4 git gud etc
>>
>>977332
Just do it. Seriously. Take a day, start early in the morning, just DO IT.

Bring enough water, plan your route ahead of time if you're in the boonies so you know you'll have places to re-fill. Ditto for food.

Bring enough tools to get you home if something goes wrong. Everyone has a different comfort level about tools; I tend to over-pack to be on the safe side:
- Plastic tire levers
- mini chainbreaker
- small multitool
- Spoke wrench
- patch kit
- spare tube
>>
>>977332
Water, food and pace yourself.

Eat regularly so you don't run out of energy. There is a lag between when you eat and when it is digested into a usable form, for me that seems to be upwards of 45 minutes. Many people go a few hours before even thinking about eating which leads to an extended period of agony.

Dialing back the effort helps for longer rides. Wind resistance makes going a little bit faster a lot more work. If I ease off I can lower my HR a lot without losing all that much speed.
>>
File: biiiike.jpg (233KB, 1600x1200px)
biiiike.jpg
233KB, 1600x1200px
Just came home from a 100 Km ride. It was awesome.
>>
>>977340
>all those grams.

Just phone someone to pick you up.
>>
Test ride for a Craigslist purchase, out through a segment of the AZTrail, camped, then back on the road. Damn hot, but I brought 4 liters and had some refills.

The worst thing is I probably won't be safe camping until Septemberish.
>>
Almost ran over and squished a frog. Frogs are a protected species here.
>>
>>977392
But then you failed the century.
>>
File: 20160708_160533.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px)
20160708_160533.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Two months of travelling in Asia with no bike, just urban hiking
Arrived today and the first thing I did was ride. Feels great to get back on the saddle
>>
>>977880
long for a test ride
>>
>>978001
I did two sub2 mile rides to get a sense of fit and soundness of components and make sure I was happy with my strapping. I tend to overcommit, though.
>>
Blog post

>go to the gym early am because the place closes at 1
>lift 1.5 hours while watching stage 8 of tdf finish up
>froome gets some props for punching a guy in a chicken suit and descending like a madman
>hit the post office
>go home and weigh myself t 178.4lbs... ehh getting a little heavy
>grab bike and 2 water bottles
>little inspired by froome and tdf so hit a hill at the start of my ride kind of fastish
>car pulls up next to me and cant believe how fast I was going
>more motivation to try and go fast.. but I really cant desu
>eat and drink all ride, refilling water and gatorade
>about 60 miles total and the end feels rough as its mid 90s out
>shower and weigh myself
>172.3 lbs...
>this cant be healthy to be doing a few times a week
>currently getting ready to make 3lbs of fajitas and drink some beer to carb load for tomorrow
>>
>>978402

Get a better scale and drink more water while riding.
>>
>>978416
I bought one of the more popular Ozeri scales from Amazon and it seems to be pretty consistent. My old cheapo scale would give you 4 different readings if you stepped on in 4 times in succession and you were in a slightly different position.

Got out for a ride today for the first time since Monday. I was pissed after dealing with fucktards at a local business and the rage gave me extra watts for the first half of the ride. All the drivers today were trying to wave me on while I was waiting for traffic to clear. Every time there was another vehicle coming from the other direction that wasn't stopping (as they shouldn't). Its shit like that which gives me what I like to call bicycle induced tourettes.

Unclipped one foot where the MUP meets a road, and dropped off the curb at which point that foot slipped, then the crank spun around and whacked me in the shin with the SPD. Didn't hurt as much as I expected it would.
>>
>>976821
For one of my ebay items I just had someone offer less than the current bid, asked for free shipping, and wanted to know if they could pay me later.

Selling on ebay from Canada blows. US is biggest market but it costs in excess of 3x as much to ship to US and from US to Canada. So even charging shipping it ends up coming out of my end in the form corresponding lower bids. Unless people are stupid (please be stupid).
>>
>>978446

Rage watts are the best.
Mash out some huge climb, then do it three more times. I love that shit.
>>
>>978446
>turning onto little side street where two parking lots meet
>car behind me that was halfway through a turn out of a parking lot slams on its brakes, basically hear the guy smash his foot as hard as he could down
>lays on his horn for a couple of seconds
>I was going much faster than him, and I never left like four inches from the curb
>if he was going 60mph down the road he would have been fine with me being where I was on the road
>continue towards intersection
>hes slowly driving behind me, I'm waiting to get killed by some road raging cunt
>continue through empty intersection
>nothing happens
>he yells dumbass when I'm too far away to turn around
>give him the finger

bicyclists need to stay off the fucking road, they cause traffic accidents like this all the time
>>
File: IMAG0852.jpg (4MB, 5376x3024px)
IMAG0852.jpg
4MB, 5376x3024px
Headwind was pretty annoying near the beach but greatly appreciated on the return ride. Also ran into an owl that nearly drowned. I think it had a broken wing.
>>
File: oppressed.jpg (131KB, 1080x1050px) Image search: [Google]
oppressed.jpg
131KB, 1080x1050px
>>976438
Love that trail, what state do you live in? Also, what wheel size and what tires on the bike?
>>
Almost endo'd into a brook. I'm all right though.
>>
>>978597
beautiful bicycle!
>>
>>968490
cool kickstand
>>
>>967165
That trail looks smooth enough for a road bike.
>>
>>978662
literally is a cx/gravel grinder trail
>>
>>967165
tite gaps
>>
>>970533
this is why i mtb. no roadies innawoods. i'll take a pile of deer ticks over one of this fuckface any day of the week.

>im so fast il drop u cunt
great! see you never!
>>
>>970533
I feel bad for you. How unfortunate that you are you. I hope you develop into a better person sooner than later.
>>
File: embarrassing.png (256KB, 332x388px) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing.png
256KB, 332x388px
>>977172
>same trails
>hit up the back half
>betterthanexpected.jpg
>get my nuts up
>charge a climb i've never done before
>switchback to off-camber roots on a steep grade
>slip out on roots
>land shin first and blast my torso on a sapling right below the ribs on my side
>get up, finish the run
>go again
legs not broke, but there's a fat goose egg on my shin. side seems fine, too. not pissing blood (yet) so i'll probably be fine to go back on tuesday right?
>>
Called for thunderstorms this evening but the radar looked clear so I went out for two hours anyway. And it didn't rain. On the radar there is precipitation 60-70 km away in every direction but its just been rotating in a circle around here with a gap in the middle. With the high humidity and dropping temperature I was getting chilly by the time I got home.
>>
Rode over to my brother's house today to check it out while he's out of town. Good taiwind on the way over so I set several new Strava PRs as I rarely go that direction when its windy. I wasn't getting quite the boost I was expecting so I ended up pushing harder than I was planning. Avg HR of 179 for 11.5 minutes. Saw a guy I knew towards the end so I just yelling "going for a record" as I blew past him, then waited for him at the end of the segment. Return trip was very slow.
>>
Even a quick evening ride of a few kilometers makes me feel better afterwards, apparently.
>>
File: Indefatigable.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Indefatigable.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Fantastic new adventures this past weekend, riding some new zones :) Canada is great.
>>
File: Pocaterra.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pocaterra.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Nother pic from the wknd. Just some casual summit riding.
>>
>>980321
I've been hiking in the Canmore area a few times. Take picture of 45 degree slope, comes out just looking like flat ground. Pictures never do the mountains justice.
>>
>>980360
Pictures seldom do anything but macro photography justice.
>>
>>977389
location?
>>
File: koei.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
koei.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
I was MTBing in what turned out to be cow valley, tons of the fuckers there. I was attacked by a black one and had to climb behind a big rock carrying my bike to get away from it.

Pic related were friendly, always the black ones that ruin everything for everyone.
>>
>>981142
breathtaking, where am this?
>>
File: IMG_5722.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5722.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
>>981148
above MĆ¼nster, Switzerland
>>
>>981152
Very pretty landscape and nice cows.. except those mean ones. Would love to MTB in the Alps one day.
>>
File: IMG_5743.jpg (4MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5743.jpg
4MB, 3072x2304px
climbed 2 passes today, extremely windy and quite cold (close to freezing at the top), but while climbing that was actually very nice. The fact that it was a beautiful clear day helped too.
>>
>>981484
fuck that is gorgeous
>>
>>981484
10/10, would MTB there. And maybe even slap the slicks on to bomb that road. Sick view.
>>
Got a nice ride in. Decent effort for first 25 km, then a nice slow 40 km gravel ride with da club, then a brisk 20 km to get home.
>>
I think skynet has found a way to control humans directly through their smartphones. There has been a marked increase in MUP zombies the past few days. Hella hot today, drank 3 bottles in a 2 hour ride and was still thirsty when I got home.
>>
>>982538
>There has been a marked increase in MUP zombies the past few days.

Pokemon got a lot of extra people outside.
>>
>>982564
the sad thing is that these same people are basement dwellers that dont know how to function with normies.
>>
I'm proud of myself. Doing almost twice what I was doing last year. Still only 40 km but it feels good.
>>
>>982574
Ganbatte, Anon-kun
>>
Did a 50-miler out to the MN Landscape Arboretum. Maybe a bit more. Routing was somewhat fucked due to construction in various places - would definitely go a different way next time. Always nice to get out West on a brilliant afternoon.
>>
File: MuhBaby.jpg (475KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
MuhBaby.jpg
475KB, 1536x2048px
Just a little trot after work
>>
>>982592

I like your bike.
Would not mind seeing it with better bartape. Fizik to match the saddle, or white-black splash maybe.
>>
File: 20160718_173639_HDR.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160718_173639_HDR.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
If only my dedicated camera didn't weigh a ton or my phone had a better camera...
>>
Took my sun leg sleeves off at the half way point figuring my legs could go an hour and 15 mins without sunscreen. Alas that was too much for this pale lad of irish descent. Got a 2" wide red ring just below mid thigh since the leg elastics on my cycling shorts are fucked causing them to ride up exposing skin that rarely sees the sun.
>>
File: bainlite.jpg (517KB, 1186x1497px) Image search: [Google]
bainlite.jpg
517KB, 1186x1497px
Dreamskeep ,, mealive,,,, sometimes.
,,, the noto distant future,, LA, a patchwork of demolition decay,, and fadinglossy franchises.,
,thease of biking like its a big skatepark,, notwo slabs of concrete join,,, HELTERSKELTER!!
,,, Flow,, like a breeze over it all,, justouching the flats,, then Burning thighs on the stretch!!, the ability to hop curbs? PRICeLESS!,,Bikogasm!!!!
,,\
, backat reality.
,ascratching sound,,digging dirt,, the sensation as lifted out and on the ground,, the coffin lid opens,.,.
"HEY!,, what are you doing HERE?! this spot is reseved for Dead People! BEATIT!!"
,just getting saddled upis brutal,, WALL-E , gibe me the powrs!!
,,, the breeze like Cocaine and morphine.,, the sky Mushrooms!!
, LIVE!! Doge, itSWEET!
>>
File: broclli.jpg (798KB, 1713x986px) Image search: [Google]
broclli.jpg
798KB, 1713x986px
>>982609
>2" wide red ring
Cyclime.
>>
File: IMG_5786.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5786.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
I went upwards on the mountainbike to escape heat, it got a bit out of hand. Ended up at 2700m, even spotted a cheeky Matterhorn in the distance. I seem to rewrite my understanding of /comfy/ every day.
>>
File: IMG_5794.jpg (4MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5794.jpg
4MB, 3072x2304px
>>982778
Spotted some rear pokemans as well but unfortunately I did not bring my phone.
>>
File: IMG_5814.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px)
IMG_5814.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
>>982779
View of the alpine giants. Dufourspitze, Matterhorn, Weisshorn.
>>
File: IMG_5816.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5816.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
>>982783
The descent was far from comfy on a shitty mtb without proper suspension.
>>
File: IMG_5818.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px)
IMG_5818.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
>>982785
Overall a very comfy way to spend my afternoon, 9/10.
>>
>>982797
How are there paths up to 2700m that you can ride with a bike. Here, even hills over 1000m don't have any bike paths. Hiking only
>>
>>982809
because he's in the motherfuckin' swiss alps
>>
>>982811
I'm in the Austrian alps.
I guess Swiss is just better in everything
>>
>>982813
g'day mate
>>
File: IMG_5789.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5789.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
>>982809
well the main valley is at 1300m where I am staying, so the roads go up quite high to little shacks and whatever that are on the slopes.
>>
File: riskofdeath.png (25KB, 644x346px) Image search: [Google]
riskofdeath.png
25KB, 644x346px
Should I go for a ride?
>>
>>982830

Just means the QTs will be wearing almost nothing.
>>
>>982830
30 Ā°C here now with a humidex of 38 (57% humidity). I'm going to wait until 5 or 6 pm for a ride. It will still be hot but the humidity should drop a bit and I won't have to deal with a UV index of 9.
>>
>>982830
No.
>>
I can hit about 40 mph with a 53x11 on the flats with my road bike. I can hold this for a few miles before I burn out. I always end up running out of gearing with a 46t when in route to the trails.. I understand you think you are some eilte rider that 'knows' everything about biking but I think you are just weak as fuck.
>>
>>982877
Poosy.
32 high here, 55% humidity and I'm riding morning to midday.
UV 7/8. That's what sun screen is for.
>>
>>982936
Pasta.
>>
>>982877
Went out at 6 pm. Humidity actually went up, 60 then 80% by the time I got home. I was completely drenched in sweat. My saddle had water pooled on it since my chamois was soaked. By 7:30 the sun went behind clouds so it actually felt kind of nice despite the heat.
>>
stupidass rookie mistake, was tweaking the stem/handlebar height today and forgot to tighten it properly, decided to ride back and on the crossing a block away from my flat, the thing acted up and ended up on the fucking pavement in the middle of the street

just fucken shoot me
>>
Another hot day. Saw my first pokemon playing cager. He slowly wandered up to a T intersection where he had the right of way and sat stopped in the driving lane until another car came up from behind and honked. If anything distracted driving is far more egregious than driving under the influence, since you made a sober decision to be a reckless retard.

Getting close to dropping below 160 lbs. Its been a very very long time since I last saw that. I've had to tighten my HR strap a few times this year.
>>
File: IMG_20160721_040050.jpg (334KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160721_040050.jpg
334KB, 2560x1920px
I need a better light but decent 1000+ lumen shit is too expensive. Do chinks have anything worth while?
>>
>>983596
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5toVhjc7YUQ
>>
>>983596
You don't "need" 1000+

I have a cateye volt 800 and it's pretty good. In the city you don't even need the highest setting.

That said I wouldn't touch chink shit with a bargepole because the battery will probably explode in your face or something.
>>
anyone here know how good a mesh backpack would be for commuting without getting your back sweaty?

like this shit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Transport-See-Through-Mesh-Backpack-Book-Bag-School-Hike-Travel-Backpack-/261870848685
>>
>>983596

Nigga, u must be new to this world or something. The chinks down at ebay/amazon have some 1000+ lumen lights that are cheap as fuck. I have 4 of them (different models). They're aluminum build and, surprisingly, are still kicking after a couple of years. The battery think is sorta true (i'd say like 25% tops likely hood that it will fuck up within a year) so buy some after-market shit if you want to feel safe as fuck.

Stop being a pussy bitch and get with the chinks and their wares.
>>
>>984086
>anyone here know how good a mesh backpack would be for commuting without getting your back sweaty?

Your back will get really fucking sweaty with any kind of backpack. Personally, I can deal with that for rec riding and don't mind bringing a hydration pack on long rides. It really bothers some people though, and it's obviously sub-optimal for commuting.
>>
>>983905
>>984089

I have my own lipos and know how to take care of them so battery is not the problem the shit chink charger and peoples ignorance is.
>>
Just after the top of a hill climb a badger ran out in front of me a little way down the road. It seemed a bit pissed off so I stopped to let it run off. It would run a few feet, then turn back and glare at me for a second, doing this 4 or 5 times.

Beat my PR on that climb by 1 second using my touring bike. The previous PR was set using my fat bike with one hell of a tailwind. I haven't been able to get a good run on that hill lately because they dumped a bunch of gravel on it last year, so most of the time its a slow climb.
>>
>>984090
even if its mesh all the way through though?

not one with a mesh liner on the back, one made of like fishnet stockings and shit
>>
>>984099
>even if its mesh all the way through though?

Yes.
Anything that limits airflow over your back in any way will prevent evaporation and your back will get soaked.
>>
>>984099
if you sweat riding without a backpack, you'd bet there's going to be trapped heat mesh or no mesh. panniers are your best friend.
>>
>>984094
Cool

You, anon, are not a downtube

>>983596
You don't need 1k
Get Cygolite Metro 400
>>
>>984127

>You don't need 1k

Do you even go fast?
>>
>home from local trails
>decide i'm not quite done for the evening
>unhitch bike
>ride down local rail trail to a small nature preserve
>dick around for a bit
>decide i want to hammer out a wheelie in high gear
>half-stroke on the pedal sends me end-over into spineplant
gotta work on that reaction time i guess. finger on the rear brake, too. probably coulda saved it.
>>
Went out at 5 am to avoid another day of 30 Ā°C. Got cooler last night than it has most of this week, my computer read 8.5 outside the city and rose to 19 by the end of the ride.

The nice thing about an early ride is that I'll take roads I normally avoid. Including one dark longish underpass that has about 8 rail bridges going over it with the segment name "Don't get run over". That's one where I'd like a remote for my rear light since cyclists become practically invisible under there (particularly if drivers are wearing sunglasses) and you have to ride in a driving lane.
>>
>>984256
>That's one where I'd like a remote for my rear light since cyclists become practically invisible under there

Why not just run your rear light 100% of the time

unless you put it on super blast the battery life is usually good and it's hurting no-one
>>
File: hum.jpg (609KB, 1221x969px) Image search: [Google]
hum.jpg
609KB, 1221x969px
FFFFFFFFFART!!!!,,
,its!, NIGHT IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!,,, lethe Buttswiggle!!,
,, pull some FASTURNS!!, reach out and slide fingers on pavement like a surfer feeling the wave!, Jamming thru traffics!, LAFFINGRILLS!
,,, pull into store for apples,,,,, aaaaaand,, "pLINK!", trike canters over on side as i Break in HALF!,, NOOOOOWAY!,, way.
,,,, flop outa bike onto floor and start dragging myself out the flow of shopers streaming in the door,,,"911????", im fine thanks,,,,, just haveing a bit of a rest.
,,,doge,, i freak folksout!
>>
File: twistedup.jpg (97KB, 900x408px) Image search: [Google]
twistedup.jpg
97KB, 900x408px
comon!!,, i had it replaced less them 2 years ago!
,,pic> the front pivot,, under the balls!
,ifit had failed at speed,,,,, this would be obituary.
,,, mostly im pissssd cause missing out on HOT bikinis,,,, DRUNK thongs!
>>
First group ride today. 50km at a 32km/h average pace; mainly flat but most people had just finished a week's work so it was nice and light hearted.
>>
>>984377
Holy shit, fuck off. Seriously worst gimmick poster.
>>
>>984377
>dragging myself
you a parapleb or something?
>>
File: q343.jpg (29KB, 484x361px) Image search: [Google]
q343.jpg
29KB, 484x361px
it was warm
>>
>>984431
You spelled 'best' wrong.
>>
>>984441
Are you a newfag?
>>
>>967140
That's the only thing you've ever said that I fully understand
>>
>>965713
Don't know if pasta. I respect skill but you sound like a faggot
>>
>>966523
Edit: use non-bitch measurements, metric makes more sense but it makes you feel less accomplished after a century
>>
>>965789
The most sensible thing I've heard on this board so far
>>
>>984487
>>984489
>>984490
>>984491
whats wrong with you?
>>
>>984506
I'm really baked, kinda drunk and forgot how slow this board is
>>
>>965647

I j-just bought this senpai, what's wrong with Schwinn?

I k-know it's a casual beginner bike, but I d-didn't want to throw all that money without loving the sport first.
>>
>>984510
it's literally just you and i

i'm gonna namefag for the rest of the night
>>
>>984513
I might add a tripcode eventually but I normally browse on my phone and it's hard to care enough
>>
>>984377
>im fine thanks,,,,, just haveing a bit of a rest.

kek
>>
>>984511
bikes fine as babbys first road bike

you'll be dropping dentists before you know it and once that bike becomes inadequate for your needs you should have enough squirreled away for a CAAD12 or other nice mid-range bike.
>>
>>984441
Do people normally choose to use handcycles?

>>984377
I love you bacon. Are you able to warranty it?
>>
File: IMG_20160723_105735.jpg (3MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160723_105735.jpg
3MB, 3200x2368px
>>
File: 1466793809608.jpg (368KB, 899x1280px)
1466793809608.jpg
368KB, 899x1280px
>>984529

Appreciate the kind words stranger.

I'm assuming dentists means nicer bikes?

Have an ancient japanese ultra rare 1st edition pepe for your troubles.
>>
>>984431
Fuck off
>>
>>984541
yeah, more expensive bikes owned by old farts like me whose shitty wagecucked lifestyle has resulted in a weak and fat body that the expensive bike attempts to compensate for by being 5 pounds lighter than an entry level bike
>>
Was planning on a 200 km ride today. The hourly forecast looked borderline, but the current conditions didn't look so good. Just after the point at which I would have needed to leave passed, the wind dropped to near zero. It is still supposed to get windy later, so cancelling probably wasn't a bad idea.
>>
>>984541
welcome to /n/, where if I passed someone on an expensive bike once, it means that I'm basically riding at a pro level and the only thing keeping me from winning the TdF is that I'm not really all that competitive
>>
>>984610

>cancelling a ride because of weather

You are a literal vagina.
>>
>>984659
> goes out for a ride
> clouds start to darken
> remember that /n/ said a true cyclist should ride in all weather conditions
> ride even further away from home
> in the prairies with no shelter
> it fucking hails
> dented bike and bruised body
No thanks.
>>
>>984663

>it fucking hails

y-you too...
>>
File: pls.jpg (919KB, 2193x1497px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
919KB, 2193x1497px
"Night inthe Cuntry"!,, itsour Big, "Music festival.,
,,Doge lick the USA!, thongs and highrise shirts!! have Real traffic,, geto ride herd.
, wasuper shy after yesterdays neardeath boltfail,, but WHO is in charge?, drat!
>>984532
>warranty
bikeis 20,, and, i changed bolto have fatire., i like oldsteal.,, if new Gargon geometrys?,, naa.,,, maybe?
>>
File: as;ldkf.png (173KB, 534x304px) Image search: [Google]
as;ldkf.png
173KB, 534x304px
second ride with new club. 50miles but waiting for people to catch up too often. Going to ride in the higher group on wednesday. Strava on my phone cuts out sections of the route though. Any idea why? Highlighted the actual route blue in pic
>>
>>985151
you're probably not supposed to drop people on a club ride, anon. dial it back and let the weaker riders draft for fucks sake.
>>
>>985151
Lost signal. Mine does it occasionally.
And what >>985153 said.
You won't make any friends shooting off the front when you're supposed to be riding as a club.
The only exceptions are:
If the club riders go at their own pace up hills. Mine does this. Faster riders coast down, slower riders pedal down and we wait at the bottom if anyone's missing.
Or when we get close to back home people tend to pick up the pace and the group splits.
>>
>>985159

Why would anyone tolerate riding under those conditions? The ONLY reason to ride with a group is so that you can go further, faster. If they're holding you back there's no reason to be there at all.
>>
Today i went on a short ride wearing for the first time a pair of name brand padded shorts i got for half off on a sale. So comfy! What a difference to the cheap store brand shorts i've used until now.

How does that work? They all look exactly the same.
>>
>>985222

Same way normal clothes work.
Cut matters.
>>
>>985159
>>985161
>tfw my local ride group is kinda slow
I don't pull because we usually ride in a different place every week, led by the group leader. I always end up riding behind the group to the left to watch for traffic from behind, not drafting. That said, I did not join this year and have been riding solo.
>>
Did an evening ride down a gravel road and out to an industrial area. 1:16:10 for both elapsed and moving time. I love a ride where I don't have to stop.

>fucking captcha, select all images with juice, forced me to select the one with apple sauce
>>
Got out just after 4 am for a two hour spin around the city. Very little wind so I could keep my speed up the entire time. 7 Strava PRs including 2 top 10 (sure sign of a seldom ridden segment).
>>
File: 1338656111377.jpg (94KB, 600x450px)
1338656111377.jpg
94KB, 600x450px
>out for a rip in the local municipal woods
>horse turds everywhere

horsefags cannot defend this
>>
>>985635
Don't worry, they'll get together with their buddies on the local council to have nuisance cyclists banned.
>>
File: 20160724_211419.jpg (457KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160724_211419.jpg
457KB, 1440x1080px
Last night.

I can see my house! Well, i can see somebodys house.
>>
File: 20160724_213840.jpg (660KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160724_213840.jpg
660KB, 1080x1440px
>>985738
I am not skilled enough do deal with these rocks.
>>
>>985738
Where is that? Reminds me of when I was in Yellowknife, nothing but rock,water and scrawny trees.
>>
>>985775
UmeƄ, Sweden
>>
I finally had good weather and no hikers to do my long anticipated epic mtn bike ride but it was cut short right at the apex due to a massive need to take a shit. Probably should have just gone in the woods.
>>
File: yaaaaasssss.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px)
yaaaaasssss.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Waiting until things start to cool down, then I'm doing 22ish miles with 4000ish feet of elevation here.
>>
File: Inde.png (4MB, 1920x1080px)
Inde.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>986204
>>982828
>>982783

Nice to see some /n/igs riding inna mountains!!
Here's a few shots of some new summits I rode this weekend :)
>>
File: Laws.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Laws.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: Lawskree.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lawskree.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>985745
Just keep practicing bruh... learn how to trackstand and you can get thru very technical stuff slowly and carefully.
>>
>>985745
go fast. let your momentum clear it. your suspension will take care of the rest
>>
>>986259
This is another valid option.. assuming you have suspension, otherwise just hopping the entire rock garden is fastest most efficient way on any bike
>>
>>986254
>>986255
>>986257
Your pictures always look so good. Are you guys lugging around a proper system camera or your rides?

>>986258
by practicing you just mean keep riding the rough stuff? i don't know what else to do

>>986259
>>986261
Rigid fatbike. But that section felt difficult enough that i would probably have hurt myself if i'd tried bombing it, even on a full suss.
>>
>>985642
nah. too many velobros in upper/executive mgt. positions at the company to have anything cycle-related banned anywhere in this company town.

i just feel like horsetards should have to clean up after their animals like they would if they were walking their dogs in a public park.
>>
>tfw ride was twice as long as planned
>did not bring fuel either
>got lost twice

90km used to be a breeze for me, but was hell for me today after not riding for quite some time. Probably shouldn't go out for a long ride without building up distance slowly. Taking a deep gravel detour on 28c's didn't help either
>>
>>986367

I know that feel.
It's a good feel.
Sometime you've just gotta double down and do it for yourself.
>>
File: Spiderman I knooooowwww.jpg (70KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman I knooooowwww.jpg
70KB, 400x306px
>shit day at work
>its cool I can burn off my mood
>severe thunderstorm warning, heavy rains, 60mph gusts of wind
>>
File: wuz nice.png (815KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
wuz nice.png
815KB, 599x599px
Highest elevation in my local area B)
>>
I was planning to get up early to get July's Grand Fondo done, but I'm not a morning person. Looking at the 30 C daytime highs for the weekend I figured I really should get it done today, and headed out at 1 pm. I got tired of traffic so I switched my route going down a quiet highway, but nowhere along that route to refill my water. Even carrying 5 bottles worth of water, I was very thirsty when I got back to town. So at the 115 km point I stopped at a McDonalds on the edge of town for a $1 iced tea for one bottle and water for the other.

The wind was light the whole ride so I managed to keep my speed up both ways averaging about 25 km/h, finishing the 130 km in 5:16. I'm only 112 km away from achieving my 2nd highest annual distance, 3000 km away from my PR.
>>
>>986661
KANSAS?
>>
>Stop for refreshments
>See QT wearing a Chamois Butt'R T-shirt of all things
>"Does that stuff really work?" ;^)

Ez
>>
new thread when?
>>
>>986661
well your local area seems pretty fucking flat
>>
>>984377
I'm slow

https://youtu.be/eqovaHkG00Y
>>
>>987260
Yeah it bums me out but it looks cool
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.