[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He doesn't What is your one thing that makes you write

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 26

File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>He doesn't

What is your one thing that makes you write off a cyclist?

For me:

>He doesn't know that if he raises his seat he'll be more comfortable and faster

I can't stand it when I see people riding with the seat obviously too low I just want to stop them and lecture them.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 620x349px
The try is hard.
>>
>>957785
>He doesn't have a car, driver's license, or even know how to drive a "cage" but acts like he is superior to them by riding a bike, which is a skill literally every cager on the road learned as a kid
>>
>>957792
triggered.

I'd honestly love to see roadraged drivers try riding on the road for an afternoon and see how they come out the other side.
>>
>>957792
>Bikes are childish because everybody rode a bike as a kid

>REAL MEN ONLY EXERCISE IN THE GYM OR NOT AT ALL, CYCLING IS FOR PUSSY FAGGOT BABIES

I love insecurity
>>
>>957785
Grown ass men riding bmx/kids bikes for transportation. Like Jesus Christ you can get a fucking full size bike for like $10-$20 bucks from a thrift store you Matt Hoffman wannabe
>>
>>957785
I try not to be judgmental, but dilettante faggots like sieg (and yes, sieg, I know that's you even without the trip) memorizing a few pieces of trivia on a forum and then running your mouth off like you're God's gift to {pick a subject}, that triggers me
>>
File: 1463310279463.jpg (35KB, 309x462px) Image search: [Google]
1463310279463.jpg
35KB, 309x462px
>>957785
Not long ago I saw an old dude (65yo+) with a extremely high seatpost and bars, the saddle had the height of his mid-back, and the bars at his chest height, he looked like a child on his big brother's bike.

What really triggers my autism is incorrect brake/levers/bars position.
>>
Seatpost too low
Big cushy saddle
Super-high bars
Hybrids with suspension forks
Commuters on full-sus MTBS

I still don't know why at least some hybrids don't come with drop bars.
>>
>>957939
What the fuck is a hybrid anyway?
>>
>>957944
Hybrid bike? Relaxed road geometry with room for larger tires and flat bars.
>>
File: 5345234.jpg (1MB, 2300x2400px) Image search: [Google]
5345234.jpg
1MB, 2300x2400px
If we could just remove all the dipshit kids cruising in the middle of the street in a BMX bike with the seat way down, the world would be a better place
>>
>>958008
why are you so mad that someone knows more bicycle manuevers than you do?
>>
>>957792
Why must one have a car?

What of those with a driver's license but no car?
--especially of those better at driving than most, without practicing such on a regular basis--
>>
>>957944
Mix between a road bike and mtb.

They're the modern day cruiser.
>>
File: 1372191985057.jpg (9KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
1372191985057.jpg
9KB, 252x252px
>>957792
why not do both like everyone else on this board?
>>
>>958013
Why are you so mad you make stuff up?
>>
>>958017
I still have a license from my days as a vile cager but I haven't owned a cage since 1998

It's hilariously easy to renew, and I have to use it a few times a year when I visit flyover shit holes for work.

Last year I was actually stuck in cheesecake factory hell for so long that I had to refuel it. The look on the gas pump monkey's face when I couldn't remember how to work the pump was hilarious. But usually I do full service because I can never remember which states arrest you for trying to fuel your own cage (Oregon and Jersey offhand but they arr rook same)
>>
>>958024
>The look on the gas pump monkey's face when I couldn't remember how to work the pump was hilarious.
Only delusional cyclists are retarded enough to believe that everyone but them has egg on their faces when they demonstrate their complete inability to function in modern society.
>>
>>958021
Not who you're replying to but your response made me cringe.
>>
>>958030
>modern society
>accidentally pumping your own gas after caging over an invisible line results in arrest
Yeah I'll take my moral superiority senpai desu
>>
>>958024
Fueling in NJ involved lower insurance costs, since you don't have to worry about regular joe retards pouring fuel on themselves, and offers jobs to those who pump gas. (NJ Truth Fact: At least one in every group of friends has worked pumping for Wawa). Minimizing explosions is more important in NJ where we're so densely populated, more so than the corn-states out West.

That and we're too retarded to do it.
>>
>>958034
What the literal hell is wrong with NJ?
>>
>>958034

If your people are too stupid to avoid exploding, maybe they deserve to explode.
>>
>>957939
>I still don't know why at least some hybrids don't come with drop bars.
Because then the decent hybrids would just be typical drop bar road bikes, as they're essentially flat bar road bikes.

>>957944
>>957962
>>958016
It can vary, from your typical heavy as fuck relaxed geometry city bike with a suspension fork and bars 10 inches above the saddle to what is basically a road bike with flat bars. This is why it's such a shitty term.
>>
>>958053
A drop bar hybrid is a "CX" bike also marketed as a commuter bike, and not marketed as a race bike, even though CX is a type of racing. No one really does "CX" outside of races.
>>
>>958059
>commuter bike
Another stupid term, that could refer to many different styles of bike.

As for CX bikes, a lot of typical drop bar road bikes (I do believe drop bars are a requirement for CX) could be adapted to suit. Bikes marketed as CX are just more suitable ones, with larger tyre clearance, different gearing, perhaps slacker geometry, and generally better brakes (either cantis, Vs, or discs).

The better "hybrid" bikes are closer to typical drop bar road bikes and CX bikes, which side the bike would end up on if you exchanged the flat bars for drop bars would depend on the specific model and intended usage. I have one, if I put drop bars on it I'd probably consider mine a road bike unless I also put on some off road tyres and lowered the gearing a bit in which case it'd be closer to a CX bike.
>>
>>957785
When they replace having a personality with having a bike.
>>
>people riding bikes in jeans
>seats all the way down
>can't hold a line

Please get off the trails, fuck
>>
>>958397
What's wrong with jeans?
>>
File: 1456280688954.jpg (160KB, 720x889px) Image search: [Google]
1456280688954.jpg
160KB, 720x889px
>He doesn't like when people enjoy cycling in different ways than him
>>
>>958061
I have turned one hybrid from flat bar to proper drop bar road bike. Some manufacturers, Trek at least, use a road frame with different paint job and stickers on their high end hybrids. The only difference to a road bike is the bars.

The whole hybrid term is useless because you can't know what kind of a bike someone means when they use the term. It could be legit road bike with flat bars or it could be hardtail MTB with gearing that's more suitable to roads.
>>
File: 1463026610154-0.jpg (101KB, 630x421px) Image search: [Google]
1463026610154-0.jpg
101KB, 630x421px
Listen up /n/, most of you are serious casuals who are just complaining about obvious shit you notice about other casual's bikes on your 10 km "ride". Here's what REAL cyclists (like me) get sensitive about.

>not wearing an aero bib with a race fit jersey or skinsuit
>not maintaining an 83+ cadence at all times
>not getting out of the saddle periodically on sustained climbs
>not maintaining a cadence above at least 70 on climbs
>not checking the inside of the tire when changing tubes after a flat
>not diving into the optimal line while cornering on a descent
>plain water in bottles on ride longer than an hour
>only one bottle cage on a road bike (casual alert)
>braking while cornering
>road bike with more than one spacer or not slammed
>looks down to put bottle back
>doesn't reach down to tighten shoes on club ride to signal that shit is about to get real
>not going to your doctor and pretending you have asthma symptoms

That's it for now guys. Sorry if this stuff doesn't make any sense. Maybe there's a good train thread you can check out?
>>
>>958423
>doesn't ride tubs
>not casual
Ayy
>>
File: $_27.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>957785
>What is your one thing that makes you write off a cyclist?
When I hit one with my truck just outside of town and he goes flying into the ditch and doesn't get up and no one else is around so I think I've gotten away with it
>the cops still haven't shown up at my house
>>
>>958458

I never really got why people like low rider trucks. They look retarded and it makes them kinda useless.
>>
>>958400

Not much. I'll wear em sometimes if I'm just out cruising and plan on stopping in to different places.
>>
>>957785

one of the grandfathers of cycling in my town insisted to me that cycling with the seat lower was better for your orthopedics. he said the seat should be around where your ass is when you're straddling the bike on the ground and claimed this was what all the doctors were saying these days.

truth?
>>
>>958494
It's probably decent advice for someone who doesn't have a good fit to err on the side of too low, rather than too high. More complete range of motion despite the power disadvantage.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (27KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
27KB, 900x900px
>>957785
>He doesn't use the road
>He doesn't use a helmet
>He doesn't use lights at night, no reflectors and dark clothing

DO YOU WANT TO DIE
>>
>>958516
>implying you need a helmet on all rides all the time
I bet you wear knee pads too
>>
10000 lumen front light aimed at my fucking head

>insert joke about head light
>>
>>958531
>night
>no lights
>dark duds
>drunk? yes.
>experienced cyclist? no.
You don't need one all the time, but I'm just going to go ahead and say a helmet might not be a bad idea here. The risks do start to add up.
>>
>>958423
>not going to your doctor and pretending you have asthma symptoms

Chris, is that you?
>>
>>958516

It's preferable to getting old.
>>
File: almostdidntseeyou.jpg (37KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
almostdidntseeyou.jpg
37KB, 306x423px
I almost ran into a guy riding in the wrong direction up a one way street at night wearing all black on a black bike with no reflectors/lights, he was wearing a matt black magic styrofoam hat though...because safety first you know.
>>
>>958516
>Tfw almost slammed head-on Into some fucking loser pedaling his BMX the wrong way, zig-zagging all over the path at 11 pm with no lights or reflectors

Bike culture around me fucking SUCKS
>>
>>958423
>>not going to your doctor and pretending you have asthma symptoms
why would you do this tho? free inhale-able steroids?
>>
>tfw I ride a hybrid with suspension forks that can be locked out.

I dunno, it's kinda nice since I don't have great roads or consistent shoulders in my area.
>>
>>958423
Casual here. What should i have in my single bottle, and why?
>>
>>959088
cum, because it's so yummy
>>
55+ year old men riding De Rosa/Look bikes. Like I'm not annoyed that you have the money but you'll probably only ride road for like 5 years max, why splash out so badly on something that depreciates so badly.
Also MOTHERFUCKING TOP TUBE BAGS
>>
>>959541
>I'm a jelly poorfag
You'll understand why people spend money on their hobbies once you have some disposable income. If you have the money and really like cycling why wouldn't you spend on a good bike. Besides many people buy new bikes much more often than once in 5 years. Life is too short to suffer doing the things you love on shitty equipment.
>>
>>959541
>>959564
Also forgot to mention that when you're a senior and your take home pay is somewhere in the 5 - 15k range buying a bike that's worth 5 - 10k isn't really a huge investment. Especially if you ride it on a weekly basis.

At 55+ many people have a paid off house and their kids have moved out so they don't have huge monthly expenses. And if they're still working they're probably paid quite well. I completely understand why they buy expensive and nice bikes. They've seen those bikes on cycling races for decades and have always wanted one. However they haven't had the time to ride or the money to buy one. Now that they have both they'll reward themselves with a nice bike.
>>
>>958423
I've never even attended club rides and all of those make me gringe except the last two. I got to remember those.
>>
>>957800
I actually did I went through the middle of my city without any incident for the first time while also first timing cleats and pedals

think you might just be a little bitch trying to make it seem harder than it actually is
>>
>>959841
m8 I don't mean the 'difficulty' of riding a bike in traffic, though I see how you read it that way. I mean that an angry/hostile driver is likely to become an aggressively aggrieved cyclist when on a bike, and that would give me joy to see.

Spending any time riding in traffic makes you realise the little things that might be a minor frustration/inconvenience to drivers can make a world of difference to your experience and safety - and can be completely safe and sane. (taking the lane/ crossing with pedestrians/riding clear of the door zone/circumventing intersections)
>>
>>959847
I fucking almost wish it were mandatory for every prospective driver to bike on the road with other drivers until they fucking learn how it really is.
>>
>>958835
Uhh...yeah.
>>
File: wawa-sub-hoagie-twitter-940x540.jpg (62KB, 940x540px) Image search: [Google]
wawa-sub-hoagie-twitter-940x540.jpg
62KB, 940x540px
>>958034
fucking wawa, the Walmart of gas stations
>>
>>957785
Making a big dead about Kevlar lined tires, tire liners and heavy duty seat tubes and slime as if any of that shit prevents pinch flats.
>>
>They use Gatormemes
>Surly LHTs with insane spacer stacks
>Off the shelf ss/fixies of any kind (much be tarck or converted road only)
>>
>>957785
>What is your one thing that makes you write off a cyclist?
Someone who only rides only one discipline, particularly if they're vocally opinionated about the other kinds of riding.
>>
>>959937
fuck you, you piece of shit. WaWa is treat.
>>
>>959937
DELETE THIS
>>
File: PicsArt_05-24-06.19.42.jpg.jpg (273KB, 1488x1038px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_05-24-06.19.42.jpg.jpg
273KB, 1488x1038px
>>957786
This
>>
>>958579

I hear plenty of stories about "almost" running into ninjas, but whenever I see a crash it's always a fred or mr visibility. Maybe that safety gear makes you cocky, or maybe it attracts cagers, like a moth effect.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (165KB, 638x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg
165KB, 638x1000px
>>958008
You do know there's a reason for having your seat that low right? Or are you one of those people that only has a road bike?
>>
I don't really give that much of a fuck about other people, as I ride a 29+ bike everywhere, and a folding bike where that doesn't fit.

I do feel bad for the following noobs though, who have obviously been had by a bike store:

>carbon hybrid flatbar
Not a bad bike to be honest close relation, but it is usually accompanied by:
>full team kit of recent TDF winner or being walking advert for specialized
>backpack because bike doesn't take rack
>road clipless
At least with SPD you can easily run combo pedals.

I also feel bad for people who buy the most expensive bike because they think that makes it the best. Then I see poor bastards busting their ass getting over humps with those race ratios, while I casually granny up them without even trying.
>>
>>960006

Well, I hit a salmon ninja earlier today, so there's at least one that did get hit...
>>
Out on the trail:

>riding blue line track or firetrail casually on full rigid
>stravassholes in full team kit riding full sus getting the shits
Meanwhile the black lines are empty.
>>
>>960015

Well that's probably the salmon more than the ninja.
>>
>>960019

I probably would have seen him when I pulled out had it not been dark. I just clipped him and he wasn't going fast, but a set of lights would have prevented it entirely.
>>
>>958021
>>958008

The seat is that low for clearance. Also, for every kid who doesn't know better on a bmx riding in the street, I see an adult on a road bike doing something equally dumb.
>>
File: costanza cat.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
costanza cat.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
>riding without a brooks
>>
>>960039
Seems like riding without a saddle is pretty dumb altogether.
>>
I think my seat is too low, but I'm no expert and I don't want to mess up what I have.

How do I tell?
>>
>>960129
Raise it little by little until you feel you're extending your legs too much on each pedal stroke and your hips are rocking, then lower it a bit until it's comfortable. A general rule of thumb is: while sitting on the saddle, fully extend your leg and put your HEEL on the pedal. That way, when you put the ball of your foot on the pedal like you're supposed to, you'll have a little bend at the knee. Then apply the proper micro-adjustments.
>>
>>960129
Raise it until it just starts to feel too high. That's probably the right height
>>
>>960130
>>960131
Alright I'll try a bit later, thanks. Any general rules for front/back alignment?
>>
>>960134
KOPS
>>
>>960129
At the bottom of each stroke (crank arm pointing straight down) your leg should be almost, but not fully, extended - look for a 10-15 degree bend in your knees. Note that this assumes proper foot position on the pedals, the ball of your foot should be centered over the pedal spindle, and your foot should be parallel to the ground (meaning you're not stretching your ankle to push the pedals all the way down)

Also, this gives your ideal leg extension, but note that on mountain and BMX bikes, you'll ride with your saddle a little lower, sacrificing pedaling efficiency for clearance that allows you to more easily shift your body behind the saddle.
>>
>>960134
Comfort brah, it aint any more complicated than that.
>>
>>960141
This poster is overthinking it and enjoys penis in his asshole
>>
File: KOPS this, mfers.jpg (120KB, 450x332px) Image search: [Google]
KOPS this, mfers.jpg
120KB, 450x332px
>>960136
>memes
>>
>>960010
There's a difference between riding a BMX to do sweet tricks and shit, bruh, but if you're riding it around town as a way to get around, spinning and spinning and spinning and not getting anywhere, then I'm gonna see you as just a big a retard as someone who brings a road bike to the skate park.

Maybe you're older than I am, but when I was a kid the 'generic bike' was a BMX, and that's the only reason so many kids had them.
Not all of us were doing tricks, but what is your mom gonna do, but you TWO bikes? She doesn't know shit about bikes, and likely neither did we at that point, or we'd at least get a fucking mountain bike to travel around.

>>960212
>giving accurate help makes you an austist
>>
Why do people hate hybrids?
>>
>>960395
I don't hate them, but they are the mark of the casual
>>
>>960395
If you look at hybrids strictly from the point of view of a serious recreational rider they're bikes that attempt to fit into the gap between mountain and road bikes, but they suck for both kinds of riding, while also being mediocre as bikes for practical travel.

I don't hate hybrids myself, because I recognize that there are plenty of people who want to ride bikes occasionally but are never going to be avid riders, and those people aren't going to benefit much from having nicer bikes.
>>
salmoning, running red lights and stop signs, not signaling.

i do it when no one is looking though
>>
>>960399
All the best bike messangers salmon

I will salmon like a majestic eagle till i die

Sign says one way east, i go west

Noone can touch me
>>
>>958516
yes

I don't ride on the sidewalk tho fuck that
>>
>>960395

Because they compromise functionality for literally no reason other than the bizarre preconceptions of the people that buy them.
>>
>>960691
Exactly.
They trigger me for the same reason big, gushy, fatfuck, bike seats do. Or, 'Ugh, road bikes! I don wanna BEND OVER! SO uncomfortable!' type comments.
>>
>>960396

like these lycra clad road bike riders with squeaky chains
>>
>>960691
Actually, they mostly compromise functionality to keep the cost down.

I have a $2500 road bike and a $250 hybrid for locking up outside. Something tells me I wouldn't want a $250 drop bar road bike.
>>
>>960710

>The shape of the bars effects other things on the bike

You're part of the problem.

But yes, I take your point. A beater with thumb or twist shifters is preferable to a beater with stem shifters. Downtube shifters are better than those, but intimidate casuals and the bosses tend to be poorly positioned on a cheapass frame.

My own beater has parts-bin brifters, but I recognize that most people won't have that option.
>>
>>960732
It's not just the shifters. Cheap ass dual pivot calipers are worthless, cheap road rims and cheap 23-25c tires are similarly garbage.
>>
File: Dear+lord+my+eyes.png (21KB, 297x200px) Image search: [Google]
Dear+lord+my+eyes.png
21KB, 297x200px
>>957785

oblivious dumbfucks pointing their blinding headlights at your face instead the road.
>>
>>960740
This. Also herb commuters who keep their light on strobe and point it at eye level in total darkness.

I want these faggots to get run over so bad.
>>
>>960741
What is an herb commuter?
>>
>>958024
>>958034
lmao holy shit
I remember a few years back driving through Jersey. Stopped at a gas station and started to pump my own gas. The dude in the station came flying out the door freaking out at me asking for my credit card and shit. I was like wtf and told him to fuck off that I got it. He looked really confused and just walked back inside.
Had no idea the law even existed. Feel kinda bad now.
>>
>>958024
>states arrest you for trying to fuel your own cage
land of the free
>>
the fuck is a salmon?
>>
>>960790
Someone who cycles against the prescribed direction of traffic.
>>
>>960744
Commuters, ones that are fucking herbs.
>>
>>960741
>>960874
fuck off, nikki
>>
>>957939
>Hybrids with suspension forks
>>
File: slouch.jpg (793KB, 1472x867px) Image search: [Google]
slouch.jpg
793KB, 1472x867px
they,, dont, Ride.
>>
Noisy bike
That's all
A poorly maintained bike is symptomatic of laziness
>>
>>964796
Am I autistic for yelling "LUBE YOUR DAMN CHAIN" at people when they're squeaking around? I can't help myself
>>
File: CZUl-Y-W0AAvxDU.jpg (28KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
CZUl-Y-W0AAvxDU.jpg
28KB, 472x472px
People pedaling with their heels.
With their knees pointed outwards.
At 30 cadence.
In flip-flops.
>>
>>964375
Cool fence though
>>
>>964798
I ask them if they've got mice in their jersey. *squeak* *squeak* *squeak*!
>>
>>964805
implying people who ride squeaky chains wear jerseys
>>
>>964798
More obnoxious than autistic
>>
ITT: casuals discrediting casuals
>>
>>960342
You have no have no fucking clue why a lot of people bmx and how much fun it is to haul ass through a city and have endless possibilities. It's not just about getting from point a to point b. A lot of people drive to the city to just fuck around because bmx bikes are so much fucking fun
>>
File: Capture+_2016-06-05-21-01-59.png (1MB, 1419x1393px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-06-05-21-01-59.png
1MB, 1419x1393px
>>964818
Hey I'm slightly less casual than you, you fucking casual. Occasional weeks with my SS mtb wards off the t-rex arms
>>
The worst cyclist is better than the best cager.

That said, I get triggered when I see people cycling the wrong way down a bike lane, and expect ME to move out into traffic. It's always a fucking minority too, niggers, spics or chinks.
>>
ITT:
>"How dare people enjoy cycling!"
>>
I get that bikes can be cheap and some folks only ride because it's better than walking
But put some fucking air in your tires you povertards. Every spring there's a new batch of poors with rims touching the pavement.
The Casey's down the street has free air you fuck
>>
>>957882
when i see an adult on a bike i immediately think "DUI"
>>
>>958033
to be fair, your level of autism should be a crime
>>
>>964875
Yes, that's why Mexican dishwashers ride BMX bikes to work, aiiiiight.....
>>
>>964803
With theur heels on the pedals and either a backpack or poorly secured bag.
>>
>>965012
Being called "autistic" on 4chan is basically a compliment
>>
>>957822
In this case its more just plain confidence.
Also if youre not doing semi regular strength work as part of your cycling routine youre having yourself on
>>
>>958423
This is all spot except
>letting your cadence drop below 90
>ever
>>
>>960006
Moreso that the sort of frothers who think high vis meme gear is a good idea are the sort of shitter casuals with no habdling skills or road awareness which leads to crashes
>>
>>960006
Mr. Visibility is that guy who's putting in hundreds of miles a week on city streets. He knows the odds are good that eventually something is going to happen beyond his control, hence why he is Mr. Visibility. He'd rather that the odds were in his favor.

t. the guy with the hi viz jersey and the SOLAS tape everywhere and dual lights both front and back
>>
>>968859
lol, no.
>>
>>960006
>Seeing a ninja crash
How could you?
>>
>>957792
I couldn't speak for heavily urban and dense areas or other countries but for most of America, things are pretty spread out. If you don't have a car and a driver license you're a loser. Maybe if you live near downtown London or New York or some shit, it's different.

I feel what you're saying.
>>
>>957785
I guess a gel seat cover is one of the things where if I see it, I know the owner is clueless.
>>
>>968963
>If you don't have a car and a driver license you're a lose

>tfw 24 year old in america with no driver's license
>no friends, kissless virgin, etc
>never got license because never had anyone to do anything with and parents never bothered to teach me
>get scared a lot even as a passenger in a car
>got permit at 22, took a few lessons, had no way to practice because parents would not help me, permit expired
>each day that goes by i get more and more humiliated even though at this point the humiliation is basically at a maximum
>>
>>964807

No? How do you think the term Fred came about?
>>
>>968859
>not having three rear lights
try harder
>>
>>960787
the real take-away here is "lmao, new jersey"
>>
>>969841
>three lights is more than four
Are you a cardassian?
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 257x196px
>>969935

oh please
>>
>>957785
>he doesn't ride his bike to work
>he doesn't get his groceries with a bike
>he only owns one bike and that one bike is extremely streamlined to only one purpose
>>
>>958008
>low rise bars
>large sprocket
>thin as fuck sprocket
>not integrated headset
2004ish bmx right there
>>
>>960033
>>960010

the seat is a little bit too low, when you do tricks like bar-spins, you're meant to pinch the seat with your knees
>>
>>957785
1.) Those which transport their bicycle by automobile.
2.) Those which endanger other people or animals by riding unsave or disrespectful of traffic rules or laws.
3.) Smoking while riding. Serious-Lee W.T.F..
>>
School age kids these days in the Netherlands.

Apparently it is 'cool' these days to ride as slow as possible while having their arms all over the bars in a weird way as if they are in some kind of aero position, swerving all over the road because of their slow speed and lack of grip on the bars. Its something ive seen coming up over the past year and now nearly every kid is doing it, it looks very strange. Coming up on a group of them can be very frustrating as it takes them a while to regain themselves and move over to let me by.

Also the females tend to use smartphones on the bike these days which makes them swerve even more.
>>
>rides his roadbike on roads with a lot of cars

A real biker should climb hills in the woods, not ride behind cars and breath shitty exhaust air
>>
File: imaginary_bikers_1920x1080.jpg (377KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
imaginary_bikers_1920x1080.jpg
377KB, 1920x1080px
>>972229
>A real biker
As opposed to what? Figments of your imagination?
>>
>>972213
>Also the females tend to use smartphones on the bike these days which makes them swerve even more.

Half the women I see in cars are also on their cellphones.
>>
>>957785
People who ride on car roads. Stick to the bike trails, you're just in the goddamn way.
>>
>>964884
>That said, I get triggered when I see people cycling the wrong way down a bike lane

Even worse when it's FUCKING SKATEBOARDERS.

All the damn time in my city, skateboarders going the wrong way in the bike lane.
>>
>>972294
I do this fuck you im not gonna get ran over from behind and i hve had close calls with cars trying to take rights on red right after i slid past. I salmon and im gonna keep on doing it u mad?
>>
>>972286
What if there are no bike trails? Back to /O/ you go.
>>
Ultra light bikes for excersise

Very counter productive.
>>
>>972298
Not only are you riding more dangerously when it comes to cars, as you're having all the dangers salmon cyclists encounter, you don't belong in the bike lane and present a cyclist with a dangerous choice when he encounters you stupid ass in the few lanes that are actually granted to him.
>>
>>972298
Play with your toy on the sidewalk buddy.
;^)
>>
>>972311
How so? Less weight isn't free power.

Cycling isn't suppised to be a resistance exercise like lifting freeweights. A rider can do just as much of an effort on a nice bike as a shit bike, but the shit bike will just be slower.
>>
>>960740
Don't really have much choice where they go, modern cars have fucking super-nova quality headlights, the worst offenders are the new Corollas, I can tell one of those from over a KM away in total darkness just from the blinding headlights alone. When I'm in my car I always try to dim the lights for cyclists too, cause I've been there, it sucks, but HOLY SHIT the amount of cyclists around here that refuse to wear reflective, or even lightly colored clothing is insane, god forbid they get a couple LED lights on the back/front so I can see them before I'm less than 100 meters away
>>
disc brakes on a road bike

these people fucking disgust me, you can always hear the sound of them deepthroating jew marketing cock and telling everyone how much they love it to hide their buyers remorse, that is if you don't hear the high pitch whine of disc brake constantly rubbing ever-so-slightly wherever they go as the bike flexes by 1 nm throwing the whole thing out of alignment, nice of them to warn everyone under thirty who can still hear 16 kHz I guess but fuck off seriously emperors-new-clothes retard faggots
>>
File: campy_brake_nuovo_calipers1.jpg (66KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
campy_brake_nuovo_calipers1.jpg
66KB, 720x540px
>>972424
>stopping is too dangerous, the brakes are there to modulate your speed! you might go over the bars if you have the newfangled disc brakes!
hi campyfag
>>
>>972284
And 80% of the ones in bars and restaurants too.

We are being cucked by telephones tbqph lads
>>
File: 1331165983240.jpg (76KB, 818x768px) Image search: [Google]
1331165983240.jpg
76KB, 818x768px
>He refers to his bike with female pronouns
>>
>>965238
Distance running/ road biking/ Calisthenics masterrace. Used to be a brosplits fag, then an SS nerd. Overall health is improved, I am more cut and feel better. Want to start climbing as well. It really balanced my body out and helped build lean muscle.
>>
File: 1360889432564.jpg (35KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1360889432564.jpg
35KB, 601x601px
>Riser bars on a road bike
>>
>>972424

lol literally kill yourself
>>
>>957785
I never write off anyone, i am a believer. I always try to pass on what i know and learn what i do not know. I love seeing people develop and improve and even brag about it.
>>
>>957785

>He wears lycra
>He rides road

Basically the only bikers I respect are the ones I ride DH/AM with. All you other dumb fucks can die.
>>
>>977130
>shaming people for using a bike's preferred pronoun.

You fucking white male
>>
>>977316
Wow, easy there with the racism and sexism
>>
>>977263
Xtr di2 ultegra di2 mix travesty or maddening because you wish you did it first either way it excites reaction and if that isn't amazing in itself idk what is so I say this to all show me what you ride all day long Cuzco when I ride all day for work I don't want to wear undies and walk duck footed everywhere but I have the finest taste and the time machine is the best bike frame design period this is tmo2 not a tmo1 if you want to play snob with me get your shitty straight a tt bike is the tmo1 not this one so suck it from the young one who loves fixed gears and tri bikes and likes best of both worlds on one ride peace hater keep your close minded opinions to yourself Cuz that's all they be.
>>
>>968988

Get a motorcycle then move up to a car. Some states let you get insurance and ride with just a permit iirc.
>>
>>977337

...wat.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.