[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you protect yourself against fucking cagers? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 19

File: Stupid_Ignorant_Cagers.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid_Ignorant_Cagers.webm
2MB, 720x404px
How do you protect yourself against fucking cagers? I don't want to die to some self-entitled oblivious retard who's never stepped a foot outside their motor vehicle in their entire lives.
>>
I ride safe. Where I live, there's lots of old people riding those huge ass tricycles, at snail's pace, taking half the lane, and I don't think I've ever heard of one of them getting on an accident. That's because almost every cyclist-related accident has something to do with the cyclist being reckless, swerving around, running red lights, etc. As long as you keep your line and don't break the law, nothing will happen.
Probably.
>>
>>955608
Is this guy riding on some weird freeway/public road interchange? The car that goes right looks like it's entering a freeway. The trucker clearly was in the right spur that the car was taking but decided to go straight. What do we know about truckers, boys and girls? That's right; they are usually hopped up on some form of speed because they choose to overwork themselves. Lack of sleep, apathy for being on the road every waking minute of their lives and substance abuse tends to kill people around them.
>>
You don't ride like a fucking retard. Those guys were on a highway, you don't bike on a highway, period. Why? Because there's no space for biking, and it's not even enjoyable, you're gonna have a bad time. Just fucking don't.

Other than riding in the wrong roads, the only real concerning area for bikers is big cities, so follow these simple steps

>always respect the law as if you were on a motorbike. No light running. No wrong ways in.
BUT
>do take shortcuts if its viable to do so. Wanna cross a pedestrian crossing on the other side so you don't have to wait for a green light? Do it. Just don't be a retard about it.

>don't take fast roads meant only for cars. Plan your route so you're in slower roads It might take 10 minutes more, but biking is about enjoying yourself, and three lanes of dull cement and smog aren't enjoyable - you're a hazard for motor vehicles if the average speed is 80kph and you're going 40.

>buy a mirror, if you bike in the city all the time it's kind of a necessity

in general, use common sense and you'll be fine. The only source of danger will be people opening doors into you, and that's just because people are stupid and it's hard to spot a bike.
>>
File: serotta-colorado-neon-14267_1.jpg (208KB, 940x620px) Image search: [Google]
serotta-colorado-neon-14267_1.jpg
208KB, 940x620px
>>955608

1. Neon / bright colors

Neon bike. Neon fenders, rear rack, seatpost, saddle, shirt, helmet. NEON EVERYTHING

2. Drive a car.

Drive a car. Learn how it feels to drive a car. Realize how you drive past a cyclist when you're in a rush. How others would, at least.

Now be very AFRAID. It's good. You need to see how they see you. You are a blip that flies by. At worst, an annoying thing to avoid. They don't think about how near death you are with every 60 mph close pass

3. Avoid

Avoid roads that are dangerous. Avoid roads without a shoulder. When mapping out a route, go far out of your way to avoid stretches of road that will be busy and dangerous. Avoid rush hour rides like the plague.

4. Get a mirror. A good one. Or turn around and LOOK at every car you hear coming.

5. Remember, cars come in packs. If one is coming up behind on a country road, there is a good chance there is a second one on the way.

6. Take the lane. Take the lane with your neon freak bike so they SEE you. Then move over when they get close enough.

Don't move the second you hear the car. Wait until you are sure they're close enough to see you, then move over.

7. Bike lights. Flashing. All the time. Day or night. FLASH FLASH FLASH

Honestly though, step #1 is the biggest, most ignored option. Bright colors man. Fuck the companies making brown / black / green touring bikes. It's insane. Road and touring bikes should be NEON.

N E O N
E
O
N
>>
File: kK6MNhI.jpg (679KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
kK6MNhI.jpg
679KB, 2448x3264px
>>955619
>>
>>955626

>thinking any of this will help when people in america crash into stationary objects all the fucking time.
>>
>>955635
are the stationary objects neon fluo with blinking lights, though?
Btw that's overkill, but what >>955619 said is right. More than fluo colours, get reflective shit.
>>
At busy 4 way stops I utilize a vehicular chaperon when crossing. I cross when the vehicle next to me goes since its easy to match the acceleration of a car for the width of an intersection.
>>
>>955626
theres a guy in my neighborhood who dresses like this.
even his helmet has lights on it
>>
>>955619
>Avoid
Best to avoid left turns across busy streets if there are no traffic lights. Leaders of a group I used to do weekly rides with were always throwing in retarded left turns that a group of 12 bikes needed to get through.

Its best not to think like you are driving a car. Instead of taking a left at a busy intersection near one of my destinations, I often make a left one block earlier and make a right onto the busy road.

Exploring is a good way to find alternative routes that are more bike friendly.
>>
Be smart on where you ride.
>>
>>955608
>riding your fucking bike on the highway
>expecting to not die

top kek fucking do this in Germany we'd happily plow you under our wheels and get away with it. Fucking retards.
>>
>>955608
>riding on highway is illegal
I got "brushed" on a narrow street going very slow and that cars right-side mirror hit me in the left elbow. Lucky I was going very slow and didnt fall.
I rather ride on sidewalk than together with cars, even though its illegal.
>>
File: cyclists_cunts_BTFO.webm (1MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
cyclists_cunts_BTFO.webm
1MB, 720x480px
>>955612
>cyclist being reckless
Bullshit. The only people being reckless are cagers that think they own the road. Granted some cyclists think that way too, but the difference is they don't even occupy a single meter of a lane.
>>
>>955614
What do we know about cyclists, boys and girls? That's right; they are usually faggots hopped up on some form of self importance because they choose to ride a bike.
>>
By staying on the sidewalk. And it works, I've never been in a collision before.
>>
>>955674
Not legal here, and too slow for commute. Also pathetic since you're lumped in with pedestrians, and are probably out of shape and weak.
>>
>>955676
I care more about not dying than I care about the law, and you should too.
>>
>>955674
>enjoying the anus pounding sensation of concrete expansion joints
>>
>>955680
You can only feel them on a razor scooter, not an actual bicycle.
>>
>>955608
I stay off roads that are busy. I try not to ride during peak commute times
>>
>>955684
>not enjoying filtering through traffic during peak hour leaving all cagers behind
It's one of the main reasons I ride a bicycle
>>
>>955691
That's fine, but if you get run over, it's your fault.
>>
>>955679
>>955674
You're more likely to get into a collision on the sidewalk, than on the road. It's also more likely to not be a deadly one, but fuck that. I try to stay clear of the sidewalks unless the road is too large and fast for a bicycle.
>>
>>955692
How am I going to get ran over if the cars are stopped? :^)
>>
>>955639
Very frequently, and covered in SOLAS class tape or reflectors.

>>955644
The one I've met makes TRON noises when he shifts and turns.
>>
>>955674
>>955679

I smashed my face riding on a sidewalk. The lip between the concrete and the ground was disguised by tall grass.

First time I rode on a sidewalk in years and it fucked me up

Sidewalk riding is pure pleb and much more dangerous than it looks
>>
>>955691
>>not enjoying filtering through traffic during peak hour leaving all cagers behind
>It's one of the main reasons I ride a bicycle

East Coast, downtown cities during rush hour are safe as fuck. Rush hour in the suburbs is a death wish
>>
>>955698
I would imagine people finally arriving at their suburban homes would be stressed as fuck after coming from the downtown gridlock, makes sense. I live downtown so it's like riding through a parking lot.
>>
>>955701
>like riding through a parking lot
I hate riding through fucking parking lots. Its like the freeway chase in the matrix reloaded. Since we get snow, the parking lots are wide open with only yellow paint trying to bring order to the chaos. So you end with some people following the defined lanes and others crossing the lot diagonally or any other random direction. Throw in tall SUVs so you can't see shit.
>>
Personal tips from riding where 35mph limit means 50mph

>avoid suburban areas during rush hour
>hold a damn line
>wear red/orange/yellow/lime green helmets and jerseys
>bright/loud colored frame
>rear facing blinking light. Front facing light is optional IMO
>take the lane for a few hundered feet before left turns
>use hand signals when making turns. Arm out in the direction of your turn is easily understood
>hold a damn line

The biggest common courtesy move I have found when traffic is behind you is to lock in a line 6-12 inches from the white line and give them the wave when things are clear. I get thank you waves or honks 75% of the time from every kind of driver and vehicle.

Cameras are only good for when you get hit. I would consider one riding in the city. I would also take out sort term disability insurance and have a lawyer. They won't prevent you from getting hit. They just help with the aftermath.
>>
>>955775
Yeah, honestly parking lots are the most likely places to get hit. To make matters worse the legality of accidents inside parking lots is sketchy as fuck.
>>
>>955608
Well, I start by not using babby words like 'cager' because only immature little babbys use words like that. Then I ignore the entire question and JUST RIDE, because I'm not an immature, inexperienced, unskilled, scared little rabbit of a babby who quakes and quivers in his gym shoes while riding 10mph down his quiet suburban street on his $300 Walmart bike when the nice older lady who lives on the corner drives carefully by, giving at least 3 feet of space, at a whole blazing 25mph. Seriously some of you should, ironically enough, sell off your bikes (or just give them back to the thrift store) and never go anywhere without the protective metal and mass of a CAR around you, because you're too scared, clumsy, irresponsbile, and immature to ride a bike safely on public roads -- or, I suspect, on bike paths, either. Don't feel too bad, though, being athletic in any way just isn't for everyone, just like there isn't 'someone for everyone' out there in the world. Just content yourself with taking the bus everywhere, being foreveralone, and fantacizing about your waifus, it's good enough for you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go get ready. I'm driving in my CAR to a mountain about 140 miles from here, that I'm going to climb on my bike, and (gasp!) there will be CARS on the road with me, oh my, what ever will I DO? SO scary! LOL, I won't even hardly notice the cars, U MAD, scared little babbys? Oooh, then I'll come screaming *down* the mountain, at least 3 or 4 times as fast as you can ever ride (the aforementioned 10mph, that is, as fast as your chubby, ankle-less legs can ever propel your obese bodies on the flat, with a tailwind); does imagining that make you feel like you're going to pee yourself? LOL

But seriously, stay off our roads, scared little babbys. Your complete and utter lack of skill and confidence is, ironically, what makes things unsafe, not any educated, trained, tested, licensed, and insured motor vehicle operators.
>>
>>955911
kys just sayin
>>
>>955911
y so mad?
>>
>>955608
>>955660

More like this.
>>
File: alpha_cyclist.webm (3MB, 618x348px) Image search: [Google]
alpha_cyclist.webm
3MB, 618x348px
>>955925
>>
>>955928
Flat tire.

plastic bag for wallet

flip flops
>>
>>955626
There's also a guy like this in my hood. He rides against the traffic. Like a fucking salmon. Fuck that guy.
>>
I'm repainting my frame and I was thinking about painting it white/reflective for increased visibility

anybody done this? Is reflective paint an option?
>>
>>955639

Americans crash into police cars with bright ass flashing blue and red lights all the fucking time when they pull people over on the highway.

So I think a neon jacket that emits 1 lumen is provably lower on the list than a 2000 lumen police bar
>>
File: Car_rekt_.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Car_rekt_.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>955911
>not any educated, trained, tested, licensed, and insured motor vehicle operators
Which is why there aren't ever any motor vehicle accidents, right? Your entire post is literal cager mentality and projection.
>>
>>956053
That wasn't very ... smart.
>>
>>956055

I bet it smarts, though.
>>
File: carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>956056
>>
>>955917
>y so mad?
Babbys confirmed for not being sophisticated enough to know the difference between 'angry' and 'disgusted'.
Come back when you get some pubes, kid.

>>956053
>Scared little babbys who cause accidents because they can't ride a bike properly
I recommend getting a monthly bus pass, it's cheaper that way. Your mom will appreciate it, you're enough of a drain on her budget, being a useless NEET and all.
>>
>>956146
You sound like a teenager who's got a massive hormone imbalance.
>>
>>955911

Not everyone hops in their car and fucks off for some recreational cycling outside the city, some of us here actually ride in it daily, some of us commute - i do 30 km daily to and from work, most of it in heavy city rush hour traffic, and have close calls every other week. I''ll continue to ride despite this but any tips i can get that make me a better, safer rider are gladly accepted.
You've offered none in your rant, sound like a bit of a cunt also. Perhaps you could gtfo this thread until you have something positive to offer ?
>>
>>955928
>I don't want to condom
>>
>>956162
>but any tips i can get that make me a better, safer rider are gladly accepted.

Make that trip a longer one, plan a new route away from rush hour traffic.
>>
>>956179
Oh, absolutely this - i'm still stuck with a fair bit of downtown due to the layout of my city though.
>>
>>956053
and that's what seatbelts are for
>>
>>955911
>drives 140 miles to go 40mph down a mountain
>40mph
>thinks hes going fast

pro riders can do as much on flat ground, and you need a -20% grade to get up to it, probably because you ride your brakes like a gay all the way down the mountain
>>
>>955660
>guy is laying unconscious on the ground
>ignore him so I can shake my fist and chase after a car going 30x the speed I am going

Bicyclists everyone.
>>
>>956151
You sound mad
>>
Why are Cycling Justice Warriors (CJWs) so obnoxious? These threads really belong on /pol/ 2bh.
>>
>>956307
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect
>>
>>956347
Fucking hate that. I spend every day trying my best not to fall into this.
Draw back is now I have to get up in everyone business.
>>
>>956307
>ignore him so I can shake my fist and chase after a car going 30x the speed I am going
They probably wanted sweet vengeance on the rampaging idiot in the car.
>>
>>956341
/pol/ has leaked to the whole site.
>>
>>956341
/pol/ are cagers
>>
File: mirror-view-of-traffic.jpg (37KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
mirror-view-of-traffic.jpg
37KB, 560x420px
A couple things I've learned over five or six years of commuting/recreational/exercise riding . . .

1: Mirrors are absolutely amazing awesome. I bought a sunglasses clip-on cycling mirror a while back that relieves 90% of cycling stress.
I live on a very dangerous road - 55 mph, extremely narrow lanes with zero shoulder, no street lights, and it's a main back route to our local college town so it's the backway home for our local small town drunks on their way back from the bars. Being able to watch the road in front of me as well as constantly monitor rear traffic relieves 90% of the stress that my very stressful self used to wallow in.

2: Plan your route carefully. Avoid cross traffic when possible, avoid narrow roads, windy/hilly roads, freaky fast roads, et cetera.
>>
>>955608
This is how
>Captcha: select bicycles
>>
File: U-Lock Justice.jpg (224KB, 1128x1500px) Image search: [Google]
U-Lock Justice.jpg
224KB, 1128x1500px
>>956432
Opps, forgot pic.
>>
File: 13021771[1].jpg (115KB, 490x554px) Image search: [Google]
13021771[1].jpg
115KB, 490x554px
>CJWs on top
>"cagers" on the bottom
>>
File: sad2alt5.png (32KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sad2alt5.png
32KB, 800x600px
>>955626
What's infuriating is that people will see this and think, 'Ha, ha, whadda faggot' instead of it hitting home how horrible motorists treat cyclists, enough that this dude here got to this point.

You know, sometimes at night on the weekends, I dress dark and turn my fucking lights off, so motorists can't find me and fuck with me.
Like, how disgusting is that?
>>
>>956604
Not as disgusting as starting a sentence with "Like,"
>>
>>955669
This. 99% of the cases it's a road cyclist or commuter, rest of the dicks are hipsters. Mountain bikers seem to be ok though.
>>
>>956341
Because I have scars on my head that will stay there till I'm dead. I could have died in that instant.
It was a hit and run. He didn't even check on me.
Because these asshole cages (And I mean cagers, not all drivers), can't sit and wait for not even thirty seconds, I could have been dead at 21.

And what's worse, this is all laughable. It's a fucking joke to talk about running over cyclists, it's a fucking joke to go riding around with your friends at night, see a cyclist, and yell shit, throw shit, and see how close you can get because it's 'funny'.
Do you think it would be acceptable to put stickers on your car of any other kind of 'death toll'? Because I see that shit on cars around here like they're a WWII bomber taking down Japs; I'm talking fucking tally marks and everything. I know it's a laugh, I know they're not actually keeping track, but this kinda 'ha ha' attitude toward it all allows cyclists to die.

I'm mad.

>>956597
How do you not see that as a problem?
I've had times where people try and push you over to 'teach you a lesson'. I once had someone push me to the point where I had to skid to a stop and nearly dump my bike against the curb. He yelled, 'RIDE ON THE SIDEWALK NOW, KID!'
Because cagers don't know or don't care about the law, by my own following the law, I risk offending them, and by that I risk my life. Disgusting.

I have my driver's license and it talks about how to do about cyclists in the manual, but we never follow up on it. We allow these assholes to forget what turn signals look like, so they think you're telling them to back off, when you're only trying to go right, and they get pissed. Motorists don't use their signals unless there's another car around, then get pissed off when your non-psychic ass gets in their way.
I drove professionally for a while, and every day I would see ridiculous shit that motorists do just because they're not thinking about it. It's bulllshit.
>>
File: 1447972851223.png (114KB, 347x344px) Image search: [Google]
1447972851223.png
114KB, 347x344px
>>956610
>he hasn't like, but read DFW [48]
>>
>>956610
Sorry, local affectation. Hard habit.

>>955806
>Personal tips from riding where 35mph limit means 50mph
This is the shit that pisses me off. You're already cut off and limited without the car anyway, and when cagers speed on the few roads you have left afforded to you, how do you expect to get anywhere?

Beyond that, all arguments I hear about cyclists breaking the law are of the 'DATS NOT FWAIR!' variety. 'Oh, they Ohio Stopped a red, I wish I could.' 'Oh, they're on the sidewalk, I wish I could drive on the sidewalk?'
They only way, without extreme exception that like that dude who slammed that ped a while back, the only way a cyclist can do harm while riding a bike 'illegally' , not dangerously, is by way of a car. As in, you made them swerve or whatever by riding like an asshole.

Cars have more potential to cause damage/death, and not only that, but have the ability to get away Scott clean like this guy did to me.>>956615 (And let me tell you, it was near impossible to work this out with the police and the insurance, they acted as if I was the asshole for being upset that someone hit and fucking runned me. Lots of eyerolling when I went in to get my required police report.) If a cyclist really fucks something/someone up, they're sticking around because they're fucked up to.
A car, in the wrong hands, could mow down a line of kindergartners and be in the next state by sundown.
>>
>>956617
>A car, in the wrong hands, could mow down a line of kindergartners and be in the next state by sundown.

And there's a decent chance it would be labeled a "tragic accident" and everybody would feel bad for the driver for having to go through that.
>>
>>956621
I'm positive.
>>
>>955616
>don't take fast roads meant only for cars

In America this generally means you're not going to get much farther than the end of your driveway.
>>
>>955669
>hopped up on some form of self importance because they choose to ride a bike
Don't pretend like cagers don't do the same. The countless number of fat city office drones sitting in traffic behind the wheel of their trucks proves you otherwise.
Not to mention driving a vehicle is utterly ordinary, while riding a bike is the opposite, and is in fact enough to justify self-importance. I made the choice to better myself and the environment; I'm healthier and better than any of you - so what if I strut around cagers like some pompous fuck? It's completely justifiable. The difference is I respect myself enough to respect the idiots on the road and their right of way, but they don't seem capable of doing the same in return.
>>
>>956647
If you stay in the suburbs (or live in Utah), maybe. I can go anywhere in my city without riding a street faster than 25 mph or larger than 2 lanes in a direction.
>>
File: rage.png (16KB, 381x400px) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
16KB, 381x400px
Just saw a discussion on facebook that triggered me:
Story goes like this, will greentext it as I'm translating from italian anyways:
>Milan
>cyclist going "quietly on the right"
>closely overtaken by a car, driver angrily honks
>driver gestures and insults cyclist
>bike catches up to car at stoplight
>PUT HIS BIKE IN FRONT OF THE CAR
>car driver insults cyclist and pulls down window
>cyclist comes to the window
>smiles
>reaches inside and snags the keys, throwing them on the road in the streetcar rails
(this is all described with words like "a smooth throw" "always smiling" "keys flying" - all to make the cyclist look awesome)
>driver comes off the car, doesn't know what to do, road is STILL blocked by the cyclist, people honking like crazy
>driver starts screaming at the guy, he hops on his bike and pedals away

Replies were like "hurf durf I wish I did that so many times" "ahah that's good"

So, am I crazy? Because HOLY FUCK if, IF! this is true, that's fucking absurd.
Yes the driver is a asshole. But since fucking WHEN does a screaming man in a car justify what can only be described as aggression, theft and I dunno what category of the law does road blocking for theft and aggression fall into, but I guess it's not something that the police would take lightly.

The guy posting this was just a witness. He said the cyclist used his weight to push the driver to the seat and steal the keys, so the story of the "happy smiling cyclist" sounds less and less believable.

In any case, I have no idea how all this happened. Bystanders didn't call the police, the driver let that happen? I'm not a violent person, but if I see someone blocking my car and reaching for the window, my brain would instantly go "Holyshit you're getting car jacked. He has a gun, or a knife, or something, speed the fuck away" and I would have just ran over the bike out of instict, or worse, if I stood for enough time for him to reach my window, I would have absolutely gone ballistic.
>>
File: ultrarage.png (20KB, 381x400px) Image search: [Google]
ultrarage.png
20KB, 381x400px
>>956914
Sorry for messy text but I was going over the lenght limit. Anyways, other comments highlighted how this happened other times:

>motorbike gets stuck in critical mass ride
>he gets angry and honks
>people close on him, steal the keys and throw them away

just... how the fuck do you let that happen. Have people got no balls?
>>
>>956915
>>956914
Here's the thing, you should ALWAYS try and be the bigger person. Don't be a pussy, but no need to escalate the situation.

But we're all human, and no one should have to feel like they're the spokes person for their 'group', you shouldn't have to be responsible for cagers delusions, ie, making 'all cyclists look bad'.
From my own personal experience, and from reading others just on this board alone, I do not doubt for a second that this cyclist had been fucked with on numerous occasions before.

You ought to be in control of your actions, and you shouldn't escalate violence, but I cannot fathom, or accept, the confusion these people seem to have when the dog inside the cage they've been rattling finally tries to get 'em.

In popular culture, in the States at least, we're very anti-bike. Like I said here >>956615 You can buy 'dead cyclist tallys' at the local PepBoys for your car.
Like, how can you throw shit, yell shit, pull dangerous maneuvers without any consequence, be supported in doing all of it by society at large, and then act like you're a little innocent kid when someone finally can't takes your shit anymore.

I can't condone the man's actions, but I can't pretend like I don't fully understand his motivations.
>>
>>956922
Dude in America they pull that shit motorist-to-motorist, being on a bike has NOTHING to do with that.

And that's Italy, not America, if it was America he'd get rightfully shot in the face for trying to assault someone in his car.
>>
>>955608
I don't ride on the street at all
>its illegal to ride on the sidwalk
fuck you, if nobody is on the side walk, I'm riding on the fucking sidewalk

I don't trust anyone in a car
>>
>>956934
>riding in the suicide lane because I'm about to turn (wow its like I'm a car, like i'm supposed to be)
>he tells me to ride on the side of the road
>I explain what was happening, hes mad but eventually just leaves after telling me I should wear pads (what)
>a few weeks later
>11:30pm in small town nowhere
>crossing the street illegally, about 50 feet away from an intersection while one car is stopped at a red light to take a shortcut to a park, gets me out of the road and is funner than just riding in a straight line
>the one car at the stop light was a cop
>tells me to ride on the sidewalk
>I tell her a state trooper told me that was straight up illegal, ask her who I should believe and if I should just wait for another cop to show up and tell me to ride on the road like a car
>she basically just goes "well its not legal to cross the street like that, you should use the crosswalk but I'll let you off with a warning" and leaves
>ride another 15 feet and then turn into the parking lot that goes to the park

fucking cops

twice a week I see cagers pull their car perpendicularly into the street blocking two lanes of traffic for the entirety of a red light, nobody cares, they've blocked cops before who didn't do shit about it.
one time I saw a guy make a right turn, then do a left turn in the middle of the street, cut across a turn lane and two lanes of oncoming traffic to go into the exit side of the entrance/exit to the ymca near my house, but fuck me for turning in front of stationary traffic
>>
>>956940
also today someone in front of me slowed down to 15mph in a 45, and then turned their turn signal on and went into the suicide lane to make a turn

not gradually, like they just started applying their brakes until I was going 15 and almost inside of their fucking bumper, and then they turned their turn signal on, drove for another second or two, and then turned into the turn lane

I saw a guy in front of me make a right turn into the far left lane which contained fast moving traffic, he had about eight feet of space between him and the car that was about to rear end him which only didn't because dude slammed on the brakes and blared his horn

>yfw people on /n/ unironically refer to cagers as "licensed and trained"
>>
>>956940
>(wow its like I'm a car, like i'm supposed to be)
I always laugh at this. Like, when you're on the road, you're officially a vehicle and everyone should treat you as such.

Yet nobody does.
>>
>>956941
>>956940
This is kinda what happens when you can get your licence at 16 with a test that, in most states, is roughtly "Do you like cars? yes-no"

I understand in 'merica you just can't travel without a car, for most people and places at least, but you guys should really adopt strict tests with a reasonably expensive tax on 'em so people don't just go "ahurr duhrrr I drive a cahurrrr"
>>
>>956957
I took my test, and I swear to god half of it was "how many points will you get on your license if you do X infraction"

like that fucking teaches you anything, what the fuck
>>
>>956957
>>956958

I don't even think I was even asked a question about bikers on the test.

Like, When you take your Driver's Permit test (on the computer) you have to answer something like 20 questions and try to get at least 17 right to pass.

Sure you get the big ass 100 page manual that DOES have a section in it about how to responsibly treat bikers on the road, yet during the test I didn't get a single question about bikers.

So yeah, no shit Abuela getting her first license at 16 treats bikers like shit because she doesn't know any better.

The DMV is completely fucked
>>
>>956932
No. There is nothing comparable in motorist-cyclist hate culturally in America.
>>
>>955640
>car makes right turn
>hello pavement my old friend
>>
>>955608
It must really suck to live in a state where you can't carry a weapon to defend yourself against those who would assault you with a deadly weapon. Just go buy a pistol and strap it to your chest for freedoms sake. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
>>
>>955608
Why would you cycle on a fucking dual carriageway?
>>956934
What's it like being 6?
>>
>>956009
The mostajestic of all spirit animals

I raced a guy downhill through one way traffic. It was fucking great man
>>
>>956647

Drop the hyperbole and use common sense you fucking idiot. The highway simply is not a place for riding your bicycle, period.

If you want to try and refute that by saying 'buh buh, all roads are for everyone! XD FUCKIN CAGER" then you honestly deserve to become a 50 ft smear on the road.
>>
>>955695
>The one I've met makes TRON noises when he shifts and turns.
Haha, there was a guy like that in one of the places I lived but he was slightly higher tech.

He had some kind of handlebar gadget that made motorcycle revving sounds, he'd do it whenever he took off on his bike.

I think he was about 50ish, obviously a bit deranged but harmless enough. He really enjoyed his one little toy.
>>
>>955809
>Yeah, honestly parking lots are the most likely places to get hit. To make matters worse the legality of accidents inside parking lots is sketchy as fuck.
That's true for pedestrians and other cars as well. Parking lots are just really dangerous.
>>
>>957633
Difference is cagers are fine, since they have, ya know, a fucking cage.
That's what separates a motorists from a cager; cagers don't consider dangerous that aren't dangerous to them, that's why they don't use their blinkers unless there's another car, don't give a shit about forcing you into doorzones, and done care that there's shit on the side of the raod; they want you to ride in glass and sand because they could drive there with a car, so why not you?
>>
>>957633
I think it's the worst for cyclists though. Motorists are only in danger of having their car dinged up and pedestrians are slow enough they can stay to one side and stop quickly or use a walking path if one exists. Cyclists are fast enough they need space but they're about as visible as a pedestrian so they're overlooked in the million blind spots of parking lots.
>>
If cycling is so dangerous, why do you do it? Is it like an extreme sports thing? Does it make you feel more alive?
>>
>>957700
>Does it make you feel more alive?
Actually, yes.

But mostly because cars run on money and make you fat, while bicycles run on fat and save you money.
>>
>>957700
For most of my life, I had no choice. There was no way I could make a car work.
But, now, honestly, if I don't have to, I don't like participating in a system that I disagree with.

I don't think it should be mandatory to have a car, and where I live, it practically IS. (In South Jersey, but a fairly built up section.)
I don't wanna buy into the system, even if it fucks me by doing so.

Also, it's fun, so fuck you.
>>
>>955608
Trust no one.
>>
>>957631
I like having sti hoods on my ss/fixies so i can make pew pew noises and play with them in traffic

Doesnt everyone
>>
>>956053
>>956053
>>956053
>this is why Smart cars should not exist
>>
>>957723
Not even yourself?
>>
>>957724
>stopped
>slap control levers around, pushing them to where the dead zone stops and letting them slap back
>repeat at 500rpm until you have to accelerate
>>
>>957601
Depends on what you mean by highway. E.g. in WA state a `highway` is literally just about every single goddamn road. See: http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.04.197 . http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=47.04.010 further classifies various kinds of `highways` such as an `alley` or a `city street` or even `county road`

Agreed though, roads where cager traffic exceeds 30-40MPH are generally pretty unsafe for cyclists even if there are dedicated lanes for cyclists.
>>
>>957700
I never looked at it that way, but thinking of it I do enjoy twisty forest roads on my roadbike way too much and I actually enjoy the rush of smacking on the ground or having close calls with cars. This is not how evolution should have made me
>>
>>957813
Which would be fine if speeding laws were actually more than a slight hassle for motorists.
Doesn't matter how many 'safe' roads there are around, if motorists just speed down them anway.
>>
>>957956
That's because American roads are designed for higher speeds than they're signed at. A 35 MPH road might be designed to be safe at 45 MPH, and then they expect people to follow the speed limit for a road that is clearly designed for a higher speed. Bike lanes do help with this as long as they're obvious and people use them, since that cuts down the travel lane and makes people drive more carefully.
>>
>>956914

>letting someone reach in your car.and take the keys.

Once a cuck always a cuck.
>>
>>957813
>30-40MPH

Are Americans that incapable of handling traffic in the that sharing most roads is literally impossible?

Over here I do most of my riding on roads where the speed limit is 50 mph - as do most other rec riders. I've literally never had any issues with cars and accidents are pretty damn rare.

Seriously, what the hell are you guys doing over there?
>>
>>958078
I like to do a little core stability excersise whenever a car closes up behind me. I stay tightly along the far right edge of the road and keep going at a high pace without any sideways movements. Its a pretty nice training thing to do and also pleases drivers. Best of both worlds. No need to be an entitled asshole.
>>
>>958092
>riding on the edge of the road

take the lane, moron

there's nothing wrong with being safe
>>
>>955639

You do know that target fixation is a thing right?
>>
>>958103
You're assuming there is a lane.
>>
>>958103
Oh. Now i see why Americans hate cyclists.

That's illegal where i live. "Conducting your vehicle in a manner that causes unnecessary obstruction."
>>
>>958111

Except it's not unessesary obstruction sometimes.
>>
>>958114
When?
>>
>>958116

Best example in my area are the roads around here that have literally zero shoulder, as in it's just a flat cliff edge. I'll take the lane to keep retards from trying to squeeze past and get into a fucking head on. There are places to pull over, and I do, but there's a few spots where it just isn't physically possible. Speed limits on those roads are usually pretty low, so it's not really that big a deal to take the lane regardless.

Then there's all the areas where it's flat out illegal not to ride in the lane, like in business districts, or construction zones.
>>
>>958111
>>958116

You also need to remember that the majority of American drivers are both retarded, and never actually learned to drive. The testing involves multiple choice questions that people who can't even read or understand English (literally) manage to pass.
>>
>>958131
Why would you assume drivers are incapable of judging when it's safe to overtake? Better to just get in their way and make everyone hate you I guess.
>>
>>958167

Because I drive on that road and I've seen shitloads of tourists and out of towners get into accidents there. You're the one making assumptions buddy.
>>
>>958167
Not the guy you're responding to, but usually it's the road raging types like you who think they're teaching me a lesson by gunning their engine and racing to close a gap before I get to the narrow shoulder

I've learned to look at the road ahead the way an angry road raging triple bypass cager might see it, and I pre emptively take up a whole lane to discourage people like you from trying to pull a maneuver that would endanger me

If that makes you mad, you're going to need to deal
>>
I had my first ever "happy" cager encounter today /n/. And learned I don't react well in stressful situations. I'm a retard basically.

>saturday morning so it's pretty quiet
>riding along a 3 lane road in the left (staya) lane minding my own business. There is a bike lane but it's currently inactive and is mostly filled with parked cars.
>some guy pulls up super close to me and starts yelling and screaming about using the bike lane
>yell back a bit, I think he stopped.
>punch off his wing mirror

That was the dumb part, but I'm surprised it broke so easily.

>he starts screaming about how I'm dead etc
>get on the sidewalk and haul ass
>he cuts me off pulling up onto the sidewalk, but leaves enough room to just get by
>however, I'm unclipped and can't FUCKING clip back in due to SPD-SL and fredliness
>he gets out and tackles me off the bike, gets in headlock. I'm somehow able to stay on my feet despite clacky shoes
>he punches me in the face

There were a bunch of very helpful bystanders, and one was able to hail a cop and we filed a report, but I haven't decided to press anything at the moment.

Should I go back to spds
Sorry for the wall of text.
>>
>>955608
Im a bike delivery guy. I do a lot of fucking law breaking. I break so many laws i pride myself in it

Today i was following the fucking laws, and i get hit in abcrosswalk from a stupid cager.

If it wasnt for helpful guys in the truck behind him for followed him, got a pic of his plates, and then flagged me down, id be sol. But now hes a hit and run.

Im ok i think. Front wheel is out of true. Thank got for alum frames and steel forks. Breakhoods got jacked up on one side tho
>>
>>958181
This. So much fucking this. Not even funny. I take control of the whole lane preemptively.
>>
>>958192

Press charges. Fucker really won't learn unless you do. I have an uncle who is one of those types, and he couldn't take a hint until he spent a week in jail.
>>
>>958192
That sucks dude, but if straya is anything like new zild you're gonna get cunts shouting at you every week. If you like riding, you gotta just laugh it off. There are angry people and you don't have to be one of them, they are absurd and treat them as funny children. You're never ever going to de-escalate the situation by arguing with them. You're never going to explain to them your position. They'll just get more and more obnoxious the more you engage. So if you want to engage, it has to be enjoyable. It's venting, pure and simple, and if you're working yourself up rather than down by shouting at them, don't do it.

IMO don't press it with the cops. You won't get anything out of it, you'll just waste a huge amount of time. Also, you're basically square aren't you? You fucked up his property and he assaulted you? That's even dude. You lost any high ground when you punched off his wing mirror. You'll probably even have to pay for it if you pursue things. If you caught someone who cut your saddle open you could either hit them or call the cops, you couldn't do both.

Stick with the spd-sl it'll become muscle memory eventually. Learn to trackstand so you don't have to clip out.
>>
Hahahaha, no, that's not fucking even. Assault is waaayyy the fuck worse buddy.
>>
>>958209
I've been riding for just over a year here, had the odd horn here and there and the very occasional yelled something, but never anything so vitriolic.

>Stick with the spd-sl it'll become muscle memory eventually. Learn to trackstand so you don't have to clip out.

Been using them for 6 or 7 months now. Decent at clipping in in normal circumstances but when the fight or flight is on like it just goes out the window.

Trackstand is a good idea though.

I'm basically a NEET so it's not like my time is super valuable.
>>
>>958210
So if you caught someone trying to steal your bike it wouldn't be justified to assault them?
>>
>>958216

Unless they're threatening my life, it wouldn't be justified for me to pin them and start wailing on em.
>>
>>958210

Also, see

>>958203

Has the right idea. Faggot won't learn that there might actually be consequences otherwise.
>>
>>958216
Forcefully interfering with a theft in progress is not the same thing as assault.
>>
File: pb-110726-punch-rs.photoblog900.jpg (423KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
pb-110726-punch-rs.photoblog900.jpg
423KB, 900x600px
>>958219
How about if you were Alberto Gondator and you're just trying to climb alpe duez, you just want to get up this damn mountain and win the stage, you're juicing and so you're naturally a bit hyped up and everyone should know this, and these motherfucking french assholes keep running alongside you so close you think one might knock you off and then your season could be over and this shit is running so close you can smell the fromage wine and bagguettes on him and hes wearing a green rubbish bag and gloves and a raincoat even though it's hot and you can't take this shit any more?
>>
>>958131
On a road with no shoulder you supposed to, here, keep to the right as much as reasonably possible. Drivers are themselves responsible for judging a proper time to overtake, not you. Drivers always seem to me to give enough lateral distance when passing me.
>>
>>958225

I would have to start singing the hime song and be totally unaffected by my surroundings.
>>
>>958229

Drivers in my state are shit, and the tourists are even worse, especially the ones from countries that drive on the other side of the road. There's also provisions in the law specifically stating that cyclists can and should take the lane in situations like that.
>>
>>958225

How about if you were sitting in your living room, when a 300ft tall monster from the cretaceous knocks and asks you for $3.50.
>>
>>958236
Probably I say "I aint giving you no tree fiddy you goddamn loch ness monster get your own goddamn money!!"
>>
>>957700
>Does it make you feel alive?
Yes. And it's about the last thing to do it, so I'll be riding 'till I die (literally and/or figuratively).
Cheers.
>>
"Cagers" think of bicycles as their enemies, things that slows them down. What they don't realise is that more bikes on the streets means less cars and therefore less congestion, which would make them go faster. But, since those people only see to the edge of their bonnet, they never get to that conclusion.

>>957813
Where I live you're obligated to ride on the street if the speed limit is 50 km/h or lower (and there's no dedicated bike path). Lanes faster than that excuse you to use the sidewalk.

>>958078
America is quite different than the rest of the World (and especially West Europe).

>>958201
>>958181
This is a smart thing to do.

>>958192
>And learned I don't react well in stressful situations. I'm a retard basically.
No one does really.
>punch off his wing mirror
Yelling can help you cool off, but this can bring in more harm then good. I know because I done it more than once.
My advice here would be to either ignore him completely or ask him if he's not in a hurry anymore.

>>958209
Words of wisdom right here.
>>
>>958245
I did yell back a bit.

Doesn't ignoring frothing apoplexers usually actually make them more angry? That said it's kind of hard to ignore a car when it's inches away from you.
>>
File: 1456881915205.jpg (46KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1456881915205.jpg
46KB, 704x528px
>>955626
Better to dress like that than to become a paraplegic
>>
>straight and right turning lane (right hand side traffic)
>car in front of me on the right turn lane
>change lanes since I'm going straight
>that guy still honks at me

wat
>>
>>955626

Probably got hit once pretty bad and thought "NEVER AGAIN"
>>
>>958251
Nope, usually people give you the one piece of their mind and then move on when they're ignored.
>>
>>958181
Haha. I disagree with you, so therefore I must be a road raging type. Nah, I'm just a rider who does not subscribe to the asshole-based approach to traffic. But have fun living in this world you have built where everyone is an asshole.
>>
>>955608
Pretend you're invisible. Don't trust anything.
>>
>segregated bike path
>come out of the roundabout at the same time as a car
>accelerate faster than the weaj ass renault clio
>the guy floors it only to cut in front of me 20m forward, turning right
>i have to break hard, he nearly looses control in the hard turn

Fucking cagers, i swear....
>>
>>958296
What you're not getting, cager, is that it's not about pleasing you, making you happy, or agreeing with you. It's about my physical safety. Maximizing my safety means disregarding whether you hate me (since you hate me no matter what, I'm not sure there's a meaningful difference whether I take up the lane or not, but, again cager, I'm acting for my own protection not to make your day better or, as you no doubt think, worse)
>>
>>955608
How do you protect yourself against celibate cagers?
>>
>>958110
If there's a car coming up behind them, they're surely on a road, right? Which means there's a lane.
>>
>>958167
How does taking the lane get in their way? If it's safe to pass, they can pass. If it's not safe to pass, they shouldn't pass. Riding over on the side encourages drivers to pass when they don't necessarily have the room to do so.

There's literally no difference to how drivers should behave whether you ride on the side or in the middle of the lane. Riding in the middle just discourages fucktards from passing when they shouldn't.

The only possible reason to ride on the side would be if it's some road where the lanes are 15+ feet wide, where you could actually fit a cyclist and a car abreast. But have you ever seen lanes on surface streets wider than 12 feet at most?
>>
>>958229
And riding on the edge of the road isn't reasonable, because drivers can't or won't overtake properly. They've got to get into another lane at least a little bit to overtake, so what does it matter whether they're half in or all the way in?
>>
>>955608
Good wakeup call, i myself i almost got runover a year ago.

I approached a bike crossing at (really) high speed, saw a car slowdown so i assumed the driver saw me and started to cross, the moment my front wheel entered the road she speed up, i pressed the brakes as hard as i could and flew over handlebars and landed on my back in the middle of the road.

My next view was the front wheel of a toyota yaris 10cm from my head. Luckily she saw me mid-air and braked as hard as she could. Since then i am extremely careful when crossing roads, i always seek eye-contact with the driver and if i don't get it or the driver doesn't completely stop i do not cross.
>>
>>958316
> this is how angry Americans actually are
>>
>>958355
As american as he is, he's right though.

I tried the "friendly sticking to the side of the road" thing and plenty of car users actually follow the law and leave plenty of space when overtaking, but it only takes one retarded imbecile to ruin my life and the lives of my family.
And by being on the road every day you get to see there's so many of these imbeciles waggling their 1 ton cock extensions around in a murderous mating ritual.
>>
>>958341
>What is the 3ft/1m rule?

From the left most part of the rider or bike, the minimum passing in most states is 3ft/1m. Some have as much as 5-6ft. So if you know the shoulder doesn't give you much room, it's your duty to self preservation to just take the lane. The people traveling by car may feel inconvenienced, but fuck them. They can use their accelerator once they get around me to make up for all that horrible loss of time in inflicted upon them.
>>
>>955647
>Its best not to think like you are driving a car.
I had much better luck pretending I was a car in downtown Chicago, as long as I was careful about which light to do it at. If there wasn't a light or a dedicated turn lane, or if the intersection was too busy, I would just walk my bike through the crossings. What is it called, a Dutch left turn or something? Otherwise following IL road laws did me good. Stop at stop signs, red lights, etc. Signal turns. Watch mirrors. Easy.
>>
>>958342
>They've got to get into another lane at least a little bit to overtake, so what does it matter whether they're half in or all the way in?
You may have a point there, but the exact same reasoning would apply to pedestrians, on a road with no shoulders, and no pedestrian would ever think of "taking the lane". (Unless they have a death wish)

The law in my country still says cyclists are supposed to keep to the right side of the lane,
>>
>>958378
Where I live, the law is that if road conditions make it unsafe to stay at the extreme edge, the cyclist can take up whatever space and whatever lane is necessary to ensure his own safety. Which happens to be what i do.
>>
>>958378
Then join a bike advocacy group to change the law. Not taking the lane is dangerous; it only takes one idiot to sideswipe you before your biking days are done.
>>
>>958394
I'd honestly be more worried about getting sideswiped, or rear ended, if i did take the lane.
>>
>>958405
If you take the lane, you have that much more room on your right to swerve if you need to avoid a careless cager
Taking the lane is undeniably safer than riding all the way on the right
>>
>>958407
I think if i take the lane i hugely increase the likelihood of needing to avoid a careless cager. Even though that's a moot point, because if i'm ever in a situation where i need to swerve to avoid being sideswiped, its already too late. Better to just hold my line.
>>
File: bewaredabacon.jpg (87KB, 610x393px) Image search: [Google]
bewaredabacon.jpg
87KB, 610x393px
>>958355
It's only because it's how we HAVE to be.
What pisses me off is how one-sided it is. Cagers (And for you autists, I mean cagers, 'not all motorists') throw shit, see how close they can get, hit you, ignore you, pull all kind of dangerous maneuvers, don't care to know the laws or rights of cyclists; what do cyclists do? Exist?

Maybe they annoyed you for five seconds? And they were probably in their rights doing so.

It's a culturally ingrained thing and I think it's going to be damn near impossible to change now.
Even those who aren't raging cagers usually side with the car-side.

>>958252
Honestly, no, not with the state of things.
Especially if it's the weekend, I won't ride with lights, and I'll ride in darker clothing.
Cyclists are borderline sought-out. Dipshits driving around looking for someone to both.
At the very best, you have drunks see your lights and they get fixed on ya.
>>
>>958430
Everything you write speaks wonders about how anxious and insecure you are. Give up bike riding on the road, you're a danger to others.

Can't even ride with fucking lights on because of some anxiety disturb you got, you shouldn't be ALLOWED to ride at night.
>>
>>958378
It's much MUCH easier for a pedestrian to handle shit terrain, and to stop on a dime, or literally anything.
Like >>957645 said, bikes are kinda in this shit middle ground.
I would much rather have the law in place, then go down and hear 'GIT GOOOOOD!' in the back of my mind as I bleed out.

I can't, calmly and normally as part of traffic, roll through sand and glass and bullshit, deal with cracks, all to end up on probably grass, especially around here in town where there are curbs along EVERY street.

I've had some real Ben Hur moments with cars, where they force me into a bad spot, and my wheels rub along the curb as I shit my pants.

And again, here, the big trouble is, you risk pissing off a motorists by staying safe like that, and even that's a fucking danger.
>>
>>958432
I totally understand where he is coming from, this is a highly regional thing. When I lived in the Midwest for school I actually had people throwing garbage at me, yelling obscenities, and circling around to take another pass. Once a pack of redneck teenagers just followed me for a few miles yelling shit, I finally got off my bike and started swinging my chain at them and they took off.

I live in an educated community in the northeast now and 99% of drivers are reasonable, but in some places it's utterly insane how the cagers react to the sight of a cyclist. If I had to move back I'd only consider riding with a gun tucked in my jersey.
>>
>>958432
>Everything you write speaks wonders about how anxious and insecure you are. Give up bike riding on the road, you're a danger to others.
Even you, you blame me, the cyclist.
I've been hit and run'ed before, it was not a fun time and no one took my side; even the police seemed annoyed with me. I've had garbage thrown at me. I've had liquid thrown at me and my buddies, and thank God it was water, but it was also fucking February and we got so fucking cold. I've had people hit me, times where I've had to hit them because of the shit they pulled.

Must be nice to live whereever you live and pretend like none of this shit happens, but it doesn't make it any less real for me.
I'm not anxious, I'm fucking pissed.

>Can't even ride with fucking lights on because of some anxiety disturb you got, you shouldn't be ALLOWED to ride at night.

Storytime; a not-unusal night on the town:
>riding with buds at night
>see headlights approaching, so we single-file it
>hear laughter and hoots as the headlights go out
>they jack their stereo, blare the horn, and rip down the road trying to scatter us
>soon as they're passed, lights go back on the truck and they resume driving as normal

Had we not the lights, by the time the saw us, it would have been too late to fuck with us.

I don't know how you can rattle a cage, rattle a cage, rattle a cage, and then expect people to be fucking zen about it.
>>
File: AP540728015.jpg (994KB, 3456x2048px) Image search: [Google]
AP540728015.jpg
994KB, 3456x2048px
>>958440
Because cycling is zen stress relief and anytime you get pissed off, it's free adrenalin speed points. The solution — chilling the fuck out — is built into the activity.
>>
>>958435

When I lived in a shithole redneck town I flew this big ass murrican flag and had carried a gun because of bullshit like that.
>>
>bought turn signal/brake lights for my bike, along with a light that projects two red lines behind me
>my friend accuses me of trying to be a car, tells me i should just buy a car
I'm just trying to not get hit by drunk drivers, man
>>
>>958686
I had one of those lane lights. Dunno if it helps but it made me feel like a UFO
>>
>>958686
>I'm just trying to not get hit by drunk drivers, man
Should've bought a private street then.
>>
>>958707
Drunk drivers would just drive down it regardless of whether they're allowed, though.
>>
>>955608
Why did he go into the other lane? Couldn't he see the semi coming in his mirror (assuming he had one)? What the fuck was the semi supposed to do, stop dead in it's tracks or swerve into another lane?
>>
>>958710
-1/10
>>
>>958751
But those are legitimate questions I have.
>>
>>958710
He didn't change lanes though. The semi decided he wasn't going to stay in the right exit lane and moved into the cyclist's lane. The cyclist was trying to get back to the shoulder of the lane after the exit.
>>
>>958710
>>958769
Because he was in a lane where he was supposed to turn right, and then decided to continue straight on at the curve, running over the cyclists in the process.
>>
>>958374
Listenin to the cagers
Not commanding the cagers with eyefucks

You would never be able to pull out of green and jackson
>>
>>956053

>he forgot to turn into the skid
>>
>>956615
>It's a fucking joke to talk about running over cyclists, it's a fucking joke to go riding around with your friends at night, see a cyclist, and yell shit, throw shit, and see how close you can get because it's 'funny'.

Oh boohoo you fucking snowflake.
>>
>>958995
Actually try next time
>>
File: photo_2016-03-12_03-05-23.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-12_03-05-23.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
>>955608
Normally here we just deal with it as i show in this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQzrOA4dBCc ). This is a pretty normal scenario in my country where bikes are toys for most people and not a commuting transport or a sporty hobby.

-Reflective shit in any site you can put it, that means bike, frame, clothes, helmet, and more... maybe not in the spokes.
-rear and front position lights and a front light where there are not public light.
-respect signals and laws
-don't be a stupid: avoid hazardous behavior, be preditacble while biking in the street.
>>
Defensive riding, taking the whole lane and not doing stupid shit. Having catlike reflexes helps, too. I live an area with a fuckload of traffic, so getting rear ended is a rare occurrence. The most common cyclist deaths are caused by buses overtaking too close or cyclists riding on the wrong way on a busy road. It's been 10 years without major incidents.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.