[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /n/ don't really know if this is the place for this,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: rollerblade.jpg (19KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
rollerblade.jpg
19KB, 400x267px
sup /n/
don't really know if this is the place for this, but /fit/ definitely isn't.

so, I've been riding rollerskates before, and I had fitness ones, they were boring enough.
now they are gone somewhere and I can't find them, hence I need new ones.

I'm looking into improving my riding and learn some fancy moves.
could anyone explain me the difference between
>freestyle
and
>freeride
blades?
>>
>>952741

/asp/ would be the best bet, I think.
>>
I actually wondered if this would be good transportation? Could get a backpack to sttach them to when walking around at destination?
>>
>>952767
Only if the roads are smooth and the only alternative is walking.
>>
What about for short trips that dont warrant cycling but are a bit long to walk?
>>
>>952770
That's what beater bikes are for.
>>
OP here

actually downtown we have very good sidewalks,
so if you are going round the city, it's a nice mean of transportation.
you can also hop on bus and no one gives a damn. can't do that with a bike though.
anyway, having a spare set of footwear in the backpack is always advised.
>>
I've seen people commuting on rollerskates, riding them on the street. They can get pretty decent speed, but they kinda swerve all over and can't stop too fast. Doesn't seem very convenient.
>>
>>952837
not in an instant, but stopping distance is always, and MUCH shorter, than, say, bicycle

you do have to have the /technique/
>>
Assuming that the freestyle and freeride rollerskates you're talking about both have wheels with a diameter close to 80mm, then freestyle skates tend to have the first and the last wheel raised up to allow for much tighter cornering with only the two middle wheels, which is mostly used for cone slalom tricks, but that also makes them less stable at higher speeds. Freeride frames have all four wheels pressing against the ground, and the frames which support the wheels are generally designed to be able to withstand jumps.
>>
To my understanding they're practically the same thing if they aren't completely the same. Power blade frames on aggressive skates are fun too
>>
gay
>>
File: fuitboot.png (177KB, 394x265px) Image search: [Google]
fuitboot.png
177KB, 394x265px
>>
>>952767
And push a stroller loaded with shit that is not brats.
Pretty good I think.
>>
>>952741
i have freestyle rollerblade... the difference is in the wheels, the wheels in a freestyle rolleblade are set in different levels, in that way it will allow you to make hard turns, but with a free ride rollerblade you cant do that, they are made to go for straight lines only.

i could take some pictures of mines for you to show you what i mean, but they are stored som where far, i don't want to see them, if i see them again i will force my self to ride them again.
>>
>>952741
I'd like to start rollerskating, but I don't know what kind of rollerskate to buy. Do you recommend one?
>>
fr00tb00ters go in --->>>/asp/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.