[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got overly excited when my High Rollers and Minions came in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Santa-Cruz-Dual-Suspension.jpg (217KB, 705x400px) Image search: [Google]
Santa-Cruz-Dual-Suspension.jpg
217KB, 705x400px
I got overly excited when my High Rollers and Minions came in post today, originally was meant to put the HR on the back and the Minion up front. Impatience got the better of me and I accidentally put the HR on the front/Minion on the back. Everyone else seems to have it what I wanted to do the first time. Mainly going to do XC and light jumps downhill. Am I going to notice a difference big enough for me to change it over? Huge pain in the ass the first time, hated it. Or will I be fine?
>>
Depends on how good of a rider you are and the size of the tires. If one of them is wider, it needs to be up front. Otherwise, they're both downhill tires, you'll be fine.
>>
>>905760
they're both 2.3s on a 27.5. I'd say I'm a novice rider. I won't be getting too sideways because I still have my 3x9 setup and I want to get some middle clearance and change it to a 1x9.
>>
>>905764

Don't stress it. If it feels weird or you want to switch it up, go ahead, but neither is made to be a 'front' or 'rear' tire specifically. Shouldn't be an issue.
>>
The cannondale jekel is a really good all around mointain bike. It can take really hard hits and it climbs really well.
>>
Well it's not going to kill you or anything, but if you went to the trouble of buying new tyres you might as well have them in the right place....
>>
>>905765
Minions explicitly come in DHF and DHR versions for front and rear respectively.
>>
>High Rollers and Minions
>XC and light jumps

Dude what?
>>
>>906345
Nothing wrong with that, if they're the single ply versions.

OP, you should just switch them. The DHF has larger more aggressive tread, so just put it on the front where you need it more.
>>
File: 1349439419941.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1349439419941.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>906310
What?
>>
>>906326
the original dhr is garbage - everyone used dhf on the rear for years

Even the new dhr II makes a reasonable front tyre
>>
>>905759

You're only going to notice a real difference with tyres if you corner hard, pressing and leaning the edge of the blocks and the bike into the corners. Pootling around doing xc can be done on semi slicks, you'd probably learn more about pushing grip and mastering control on them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.