[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are cyclists such fucking scumbags? They love ringing their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 17

File: 1447133392310.jpg (102KB, 737x601px) Image search: [Google]
1447133392310.jpg
102KB, 737x601px
Why are cyclists such fucking scumbags?

They love ringing their bell on the sidewalk, while passively aggressively saying “excuse me!”, as if they have the right of way there too.

They'll sometimes do this while going full speed on the sidewalk.

It's even worse when it's a narrow sidewalk where I literally have to step into the grass to get out of the way. They'll also sometimes do this while riding down a steep sidewalk as if I'm supposed to know which way I'm supposed to move when they're behind me. Yeah, ringing your bell doesn't help.

Also it's really great when you pretend you're on a biking trail when you're riding on the sidewalk and tell me I'm walking onthe wrong side.

The nerve! Or when you ignore the cyclists dismount signs on steep hills and put pedestrians in danger.

Fuck cyclists! Get a conscience you fucking retards! You annoy everyone
>>
>>896851
Way to generalise. I don't even have a bell on my bike, and when riding on the pavement I slow right down for pedestrians.
>>
troll thred now a batty thread
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>896852
wow you're part of the 1%.

Doesn't change the rest of you

You do realize how george carlin evne has a skit on running over cyclists dont you?
>>
>>
>>
Fuck pedestrians!

I can be riding along with plenty of space to maneuver around the pedestrians, but as soon as they see the big scary bike they have to jump right in my path to "get out of the way".

Dumbass, do you think I was planning to hit you? Maintain a fucking trajectory!
>>
>>896863

George Carlin was a hack though
>>
I just drive a car and run over pedestrians desu

Haven't gotten a single complaint
>>
I live in a city where pedestrians never look if there is someone on the road if they don't hear a motor noise.
That gives situations where pedestrians litteraly walk on the bike path when you're like 5m away from them and are super scared when you go around them. One time a girl ran on the bike path and struck me from the side luckily I was going fast enough so I didn't fall and she bounced back, I hope she learned a lesson.

I feel safer around cars.
>>
File: shot0017.jpg (126KB, 640x716px) Image search: [Google]
shot0017.jpg
126KB, 640x716px
>>
>>896878
Fucking this holy shit

Fuck you stupid faggot pedestrians and your dumbass dogs too
>>
>>896930
>when I'm driving I hate everybody
>when I'm biking I hate everybody
>when I'm walking I hate everybody

I like to maintain some consistency
>>
>>896955
that's a p good, v dece way of doing it mate.
>>
File: dhtcg.jpg (63KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
dhtcg.jpg
63KB, 252x252px
>>896916
>I feel safer around cars.
m8 r u me or what?!?!
>>
>>896955
I don't wanna be see as an edgy neckbeard garbon lover senpai but I agree with you, anon :^]
>>
can't we all just get together and hate skateboarders?
>>
File: 2bc.jpg (9KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
2bc.jpg
9KB, 399x388px
>fixie riders at uni trying to ride through hallways filled with people
>fixie riders at uni riding on the wrong side of the road
>fixie riders at uni all the way up on their bullhorn bars weaving in front of moving cars
>>
>>897058
Turns out college students are often selfish idiots. News at 11
>>
>>897017

Man, fuck skaters. They don't even fucking skate in a straight line.
>>
>>896851

Maybe you should take your fucking earphones out of your ears so you can hear the goddamn bell on my bike
>>
> city installs new bike paths
> pedestrians lackadaisically wander out on them
> they get all indignant when you ride past
>> SLLLLOOOOOWWWWW DOWWWWWNNNNN!!!
>>
I ride in the sidewalk instead of the bike lane because I don't feel like dying yet.
Motorists can apologise after running you over all they want, but if you're dead, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>896916
>>896974

I know that feel.

Movement on the roads is more orderly and predictable, and the width of the lanes also gives you a lot of room for error. Even some pretty grave driving mistakes by other drivers can be noted and responded to.

On MUPs and bicycle paths, the commute is essentially a stream of close calls and near misses. The pavement is narrow, occasionally occupied by uncooperative pedestrians and dotted with large objects.
>>
>>897459
Seconded.
Unpredictable behavior on the roads is much less frequent and even less unpredictable. There's a much smaller pool of things a motorist is going to do at any time, if just because of how the road system itself works.
For example, a motorist isn't very likely to stop dead in the road and turn around without warning, but pedestrians do that shit all the time.
>>
>>897493
>>897459
Where do you guys live? Germany?
>>
>>896851
Go back to /O/ fat bitch
>>
>>897414
you're more likely to get run over by riding on the sidewalk than in the road, though
>>
>>897414
In this moment, you are euphoric. Not because of any phony cager's advice. But because, you are enlightened by road safety advice.
>>
File: 1446313124788.jpg (1MB, 4750x4450px) Image search: [Google]
1446313124788.jpg
1MB, 4750x4450px
>>897058
>>896878

>mfw a brakeless fixie rider nearly hit me and cussed at me when I braked hard to avoid another stupid pedestrian deciding it's time to get off the crosswalk and go straight through the intersection

Fucking college campuses.
>>
>>899908
i know i'm a little late but i just want u 2 know i thought this post was funnee
>>
>>900325
>using the word "faggot" in 2015
>>
>>896851
I've never seen a cyclist ride on the pavement here.
>>
>>896851

We've got mostly decent cyclists where I'm from but there are plenty who seem to perpetually have a stick up their ass.
>>
>>896851
Millennial entitlement.
>>
>>905937
>using racial slurs in 2015
>>
>cagers believe that ringing the bell is equivalent to calling someone a fucking faggot shitcunt

HONK HONK to you OP.
>>
>>905954
I mean come on! It's the current year!
>>
File: IMG_20151214_201343.jpg (1MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151214_201343.jpg
1MB, 2368x3200px
>>905937
I have a bell, what do I win?
I never post my full bike because of all the crazy people on this board, and the site in general. Such as you, and the op, for instance.
>>
>>905970
nigga that is awful bell placement. I too have a bell
>>
>>905974
What could be better than not having to move your hands to ring the bell?

I pretty much never use it, but I'm curious what your philosophy is on this.
>>
File: goodtimes.jpg (451KB, 1598x982px) Image search: [Google]
goodtimes.jpg
451KB, 1598x982px
>>905970
>a bell
ive found that Cagers respond well to their auditory reflex conditionning., thats why i use "Truck backingup" electric>BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
, STOPS car inits track!!, use the fear ofa larger cage to intimidate.
,, or to horses,, my signature,>Be-bEEp!
>>
>>905970
That's the worst attempt at mounting a bell. Were you even trying?
>>
>>905970
Looks good to me, might get in the way when shifting rings, but not much. Better than on the stem where you can't even get at it.
>Has gigantic brass bell, never uses it.
>>
>>906038
> might get in the way when shifting rings
What brifter moves like that? The lever would snap before even coming close.
>>
>>906077
I think they mean that it'd be in the way of your hand if you were trying to shift from the drops. I have tiny hands and if I mounted a bell like that, the extra distance would seriously impede my ability to shift in the drops.
>>
>>906111
It puts some constraints on my hand position since it has to fit between two fingers (no slipping up and down the curve), but after one ride I stopped noticing it was even there.
>>
>>896851
All the shit car drivers say about cyclists (I.e. "you don't belong here, faggot.") walkers should be saying about cyclists on the side walk. Bikes belong on the road.
>>
>>906147
I'm from Argentina, ergo soy white
>>
Ok what the fuck is wrong with a bell? Where im from there are a lot of slow cyclists/pedestrians on the road and a bell is a normal way of letting them know you are coming. Upon hearing a bell they will just casually move over and give you a bit more space. Some cyclist resort to yelling because they dont have a bell but that just startles and angers others. Do you guys actually believe shouting is better than ringing a bell? Or do you just try to sqeeuze through without warning? A bell really seems like the most civilised option if you want to get past a theres just not quite enough room.

And anyone cycling on the sidewalk is an idiot
>>
>>908377
People on /n/ think a bell is for avoiding an imminent catastrophe, and they get mad when they crash because people didn't leap out of the way in the split second they were ringing the bell instead of braking.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.