[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have a problem with this machine, or something? Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 18251_0_1.jpg (163KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
18251_0_1.jpg
163KB, 1500x1500px
Do you have a problem with this machine, or something?

Not everyone wants to wade through traffic or go far from home sometimes to work the legs...
>>
Yes.
>>
>>1103346
It's even worse for knees than a manlet-sized bike.
>>
File: 1501442785784.jpg (98KB, 544x744px) Image search: [Google]
1501442785784.jpg
98KB, 544x744px
>>1103346
Man just imagine how her sweaty crotch smells like.
Moist too.
>>
File: 1502759062734.jpg (61KB, 479x621px) Image search: [Google]
1502759062734.jpg
61KB, 479x621px
>no beautiful sights and sounds
>no wind to blow through your hair
>no cold breeze to caress your sweat-glistened skin
>no satisfaction as you reach the highest peak
>no joy as overtake the normies and scream "REEE"
>no exhilaration as you ride besides 4 ton cages that could rob you of your beautiful life at any moment
>>
>>1103346
>Not everyone wants to wade through traffic or go far from home sometimes to work the legs...
Yeah imagine how beautiful the world would be without cars
>>
>>1103346
Yes, in fact I do, and for very practical reasons which I will be happy to explain:

1. The type of stationary (or 'club' cycle, as they're sometimes referred to) and it's 'upright' equivalent, are not in any way adjustable other than the distance from the seat (note I said 'seat' and not 'saddle') to the pedals.

2. The 'seat' (as in tractor) is a gigantic. That alone makes it infeasible for anything other than short term use (like a short warmup at a gym). I've used one for an hour once. It was torture, hideously uncomfortable, because of that seat. If the seat were differently designed it would be better.

3. No good place for your hands. The grips next to the seat and the grips up by the display unit are both so poorly placed as to be pointless. Again: if there were adjustments it might be different.

4. The pedals are ridiculous, as are the straps. Would be better with normal pedals, or better yet, if gyms allowed you to bring clipless.

I have to conclude that the ergonomics of these are designed poorly on purpose, to discourage long-term use by any one person. Good luck using one of these monstrosities for more than 30 minutes or so without being hideously uncomfortable.

Now, all that being said: There are stationary bikes that are designed with a full suite of adjustments, with markings, so once it's adjusted for a specific person, those settings can be recorded somewhere, and the next time that person comes in they can adjust any stationary bike to personally fit them properly. This type of stationary bike usually has a decent power meter built in, so you can use it for actual targeted training, if desired. The downside is they're much more expensive since they're a much higher quality piece of equipment; your average gym won't have them, but a spin studio probably will.

All in all you're better off getting a stationary trainer to put your bike on instead.
>>
>>1103346
/fit/ here, squatz and oatz nigga
>>
>>1103484
>couldn't run even a 5k without having a heart attack
>>
My problem is that this is the transportation board, and that is not a form of transportation.
>>
Guys I gotta buy a trainer for the winter what trainer should I get
>>
>>1103530
studded tires and lobster gloves you fucking fred pansy
>>
>>1103533
I live in a country with real winter
>>
>>1103529
>severe pedantic autism
Go find a train thread to play in, Sheldon, and stop pestering others.
>>
>>1103530
Fluid trainers are best. I recommend one from Saris. Go look on Craigslist, people sell them used lightly all the time because they find they hate using them.

If you have money look around for someone selling a used CompuTrainer, then you'll have programmable resistance, and power measurement to keep you honest, instead of having a low-quality training session all the time.
>>
>>1103533
>I've never ridden in real winter
This is how you all expose yourself for not having a real winter. Riding a bike works fine in winter, doing structured training rides is not an option.
>>
I seriously want to know what kind of winter won't allow you to bike. Like, is it too windy? Poor visibility? Is the snow to thick?

I've never seen snow. :'(
>>
>>1103632
snow gets 3 feet deep faster than the plows can get to it sometimes. sometimes you can't see in front of you because it's a blizzard. ice on roads can be very slippery to the point where you need studded tires to maintain traction. can be very slow and arrive with wet clothes.

overall still better than taking the bus so I still ride all winter.
>>
>>1103614
>not moving away from shitty places where you're snowed in all winter long
no dedication to the sport..
>>
>>1103545
so tire chains instead of studded tires you butch lesbian.
>>
>>1103408
Yo sillypants.

Just crank it to the highest resistance and pedal for 10 minutes only, doing intervals of maximum speed pedaling.

It's useful that way, otherwise you're just idling away the time.
>>
>>1103632
frozen water falls from the sky
>>
>>1103673
>he doesn't warm up for at least 30 minutes before doing hard intervals
>he only does ONE interval
So what you're saying is you're weak, have no endurance, and can only handle 10 minutes? LOL.
I do 5x12 minute threshold intervals, or long threshold rides of 40-60 minutes.
If all you can do is 10 minutes then you're weak.
>>
>>1103346
I can't do any type of stationary exercise without getting bored within 5 minutes.
>>
>>1103721

60 minutes at threshold is supposed to be long?
lol getrektkid
>>
>>1103346
they're not horrible but its bottom of the barrel parts that are hard to replace due to so many being proprietary

with a bike on a quality trainer you can use it as a bike and a fitness bike
>>
>>1103524
I do squats and ride a bicycle.

Where's your God now?
>>
>>1103721
That's exactly what I'm saying I can only sustain about 30 secs of pedaling as hard as I can on the highest setting. It's not knee busting or anything by the way. I've improved a little and I think I'll start trying minute long intervals but fuck warming up, it's too ill designed of a machine to spend hours on. My goal is to get ripped calves and thigh while going out to run to increase core strength.
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-30_08-34-50.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-30_08-34-50.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1103545
whereu frm?. i live in upstate ny is that considered real iwnter?
>>
>>1104319

Kek, what a faggit you are... that's a light dusting, on high traffic roads.

Your blizzards are my average snowfall.

Not even same anon, BTW... just had to stop and laugh at your urban faggot ass.
>>
>>1104003
>he doesn't know what threshold is
Do you even ride?
>>
>>1104021
>I do squats and ride a bicycle.
So what you're saying is you're mediocre at both because they're at cross purposes? Gotcha.
>>
>>1104170
>I can only sustain about 30 secs of pedaling as hard as I can on the highest setting
LOL okay you're not doing yourself any favors. If you want to be a stronger rider you have to build an Aerobic Base first, and that takes months of riding distances. Try riding 10 hours one week, 12.5 hours the next week, then 15 hours the following week, followed by a week of only 7 hours. Do that for a few months. Your '30 second intervals' are only anaerobic, won't make you any faster to speak of, and the reason you can't sustain them for longer is you don't have the base conditioning to support them. In fact you could be hurting yourself by doing them. A properly conditioned cyclist can sustain an anaerobic pace for up to 6 minutes.
>>
>>1104329
Why are you even bothering with bikes, then? Sounds like you should be playing hockey, then heading over to Tim Hortens for some poutine, eh? LOL.
>>
>>1104170
>Improper unit symbol
Please re-read the SI Brochure.
>>
>>1104329
i was only asking if how my winter compares to other places. idont live in the city we get more sno... calm down
the pic wasnt related
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.