[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buy a bike >Set height just perfect, where my knee is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 112543564.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
112543564.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>Buy a bike
>Set height just perfect, where my knee is only a little bent
>spent 900$ on this MTB
>All of a sudden, with the seat higher the bike feels flimsy and a piece of shit

Regretting i bought a trek.
>>
File: Matt Stephens web.jpg (271KB, 1772x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Matt Stephens web.jpg
271KB, 1772x1034px
>if you buy a trek, you might find yourself rekt
Maybe you need to bend the knee more.
>>
>not wanting the seat as high as manageable for muh aero and range of motion
>not feeling confident/safe in a non-carbon bike
>not getting a used 1990's hard tail trek with knobbies

Unintentionally kys.
>>
File: bend the knee.jpg (33KB, 394x324px) Image search: [Google]
bend the knee.jpg
33KB, 394x324px
>>1102945
>".. my knee is only slightly bent"
This is your problem right here...
>>
>>1102959
How is it suppose to be?
>>
>>1102962
It's supposed to be comfy. The ball-park is: Heel on pedal, you should be able to straighten your leg out on the bike- but only just.
This gets you close. From there you do proper adjustments.
>>
>>1102945
>he thinks stand-over height is the way to pick a framesize
>he thinks arbitrary unitless measurements like 'just a little bent' is the proper way to fit a bike to a rider
Are you 12? You must be 12, at least in your head.

You bought a new bike, now get a proper fitting/adjustment. From someone who knows what they're doing, since you're apparently incapable of doing it yourself.
>>
>>1102945
..oh, and also this:
>blaming the bike and not the loose nut on the saddle
>making a thread about this instead of using the general
You really do fail all the way around, OP, you should just kill yourself.
>>
>tell myself once I get fit and fast I'll buy myself a new bike with carbon/ultegra/disc minimum
>binge eat after every long ride
>>
>>1102945
>buy bike without trying it in the store
>complain about poor fit when home with said bike

who would have guessed
>>
>>1103019
I see a lot of fatso's on electric MTBs here, are you one of them?
>>
>>1103024
No i have an allez with tiagra. It's enough and I go pretty fast I just want something better since I ride like 5 days a week

I do see fat women on electric bikes often though
>>
>>1103019
Are you me? I've actually lost weight and started eating a lot better, but all my effort up until my late night ride goes out the window once I get home.
>>
Proper fittings are shit. Always get smaller size than what the "experts" say when buying a mountain bike.
>>
>>1103015

Not OP but you're so dumb. There's absolutely no reason why you should have someone else do a fitting for you. All the info you need for a proper fit can be found online (best practices, suggestions etc.). If the fit you've established gives you complications (pain, discomfort, compression), you can google your problem and find a solution.

A proper fitting takes time (not a single sessions) and only the person riding the bike knows what is best.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.