[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fauber edition. How do I get the left bearing cup removed without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 2012-05-26 12.27.47.jpg (215KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2012-05-26 12.27.47.jpg
215KB, 1600x1200px
Fauber edition.

How do I get the left bearing cup removed without destrying it?

It was like two hour operation few last times and now I don't have half the tools.

Planning on using heat tomorrow (butane camp stove), will report how it went.
>>
>>1102846
>b
>>
>>1102846
Use a flat-head screwdriver and a hammer.
>>
>>1102846
Reverse thread?
>>
File: 803015.jpg (27KB, 500x500px)
803015.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>1102887
Unless you have an "out-puller".

>>1102905
Yes, but the bearing cup is plain, just insanely tightly fitten into the bracket shell.
>>
>>1102846
Are you stupid or something? This is literally stuff I was able to figure out on my own at age 12
>>
>>1102973
12 year olds have more neuroplasticity and less aversion to risk than adults.
>>
File: 20170828_213822.jpg (818KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170828_213822.jpg
818KB, 2560x1440px
>>1102973
Yes.
>>
>>1102975
Part of the risk aversion was, by the way, fear of destrying the ball cages in the process of gently banging the cups off.

But, anyway. Now that the thing is fixed, I ran into another problem:

The freewheel is not biting well. Naturally, it's an old-fashioned Shimano speed casette, for 3/32 chain and 14/16/18/21/24/28 cogs - the one that you find in almost every bike from the era.

Is it some sort of lubrication problem, or just the freewheel-claws being worn out and new grease revealing the problem?

I've opened three different casettes and the progression of the problem has always been the same: the thing works well for the summer but as the temperature starts to drop, freewheel engagement gets worse with the weather. In winter months, if I ever stop pedaling, I loose the gear, and need to carefully match my (pedaling) revs to my rolling speed to get the freewheel engage.

>inb4 stop talking like a caveman and buy a bike from this millenium
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.