[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow! Just had the pleasure of seeing Starcross Station. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: scs-starcross-2511-1200.jpg (30KB, 648x486px) Image search: [Google]
scs-starcross-2511-1200.jpg
30KB, 648x486px
Wow! Just had the pleasure of seeing Starcross Station. It's a train station where erosion has removed any gap between it and the sea, leaving it exactly on the side of the sea. Unfortunately I'm in a car and not a train, still would like to take a train near it.
Very pretty sight though.
>>
So the station will be kill in a few decades?
>>
>>1097760
The station already was kill a couple of years ago, the land underneath it was completely washed away and the rails were just hanging in mid-air.

All been fixed up now with a proper sea-wall...EVEN THOUGH THERE'S LIKE THREE INLAND RAIL ROUTES THAT THEY COULD REOPEN SO THIS DOESN'T ENTIRELY CUT OFF THE SOUTH-WEST AGAIN BUT APPARENTLY THAT'S NOT COST-EFFECTIVE OR SOMETHING
>>
>>1097853
Tsk, you'll be wanting electrification next!
>>
>>1097904
Full electrification from London to Cardiff, when?
"Indefinitely deferred" I believe was the expression.
>>
>>1097904
KeK
>>
File: article_img.jpg (48KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
article_img.jpg
48KB, 580x326px
All good fun.
>>
>>1097909
It would be pointless electrifying past Exeter on the Devon line because the knitting will be down along Dawlish etc every time the wind gets above a gentle breeze, as on the ECML near the coast.
>>
>>1100889

as much as i hate it (living in plym) this anon is right.

i love the route on the coast near dawlish but fuck me is it prone to storms and inclement weather.

it would be cheaper to build a breakwater along that stretch of coast than keep repairing the railway after every storm, i reckon, but NR would never shell out for it.
>>
>>1100889

One of the reasons for that is because the catenary Poles are ridiculously far apart due to cost cutting during electrification
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.