[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get drunk >Suddenly have an urge to purchase expensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: zero-ad%2520image2.jpg (108KB, 472x390px) Image search: [Google]
zero-ad%2520image2.jpg
108KB, 472x390px
>Get drunk
>Suddenly have an urge to purchase expensive carbon parts
Post your most overpriced "upgrades."
>>
File: GiroRepublic_web.jpg (157KB, 809x409px) Image search: [Google]
GiroRepublic_web.jpg
157KB, 809x409px
>>1097404
When I first got rid of my cage and embraced basic human decency, I bought a bunch of discount garbon crap to stick all over my crabon full sus MTB. Bars, seatpost, etc. Felt like a real pro.

Lately I don't really have anything "fancy", I have "expensive" stuff but all of the "expensive" stuff was expensive for a reason so, not overpriced. I've gotten pretty good at figuring out exactly what I need and why.

Probably my most frivolous lately was my leather Giro shoes that were like twice as much as I came to the store planing on spending, I decided to try them on as a joke and realized I had to have them because they are awesome, so I bought them even though they're kinda pointless bling.
>>
>get bike
>replace lugano tires for ultra sports
>month or two later replace by bigger lugano's
>week later go back to 23mm but buy folding
Durano's
>two weeks later a set of one's and xtra lite tubes

I have problems
>>
>>1097404
Nice saddles for my commuter. I know some nigger is going to steal it but I keep buying them after suffering with one of my trash saddles for 6 months.
>>
>>1097434
Nice looking shoes. How are they?

I bought a pair of orange Giro mtb shoes two years ago mostly because they were orange. Not that expensive though.
>>
>>1098606
Security clamps are a thing. Also you can superglue a ball bearing into the bolt and release it with some heat or some sort of solvent.
>>
>>1098606
but a brooks saddle and burn your name into your seat with phone number.
>>
>>1097404
all those paul components

>>1098644
agreed. hotglue and ball bearings work well.
I've got a small harddrive magnet stuck to my frame and always carry a lighter, I can pull out the bearing in 15 seconds if anything ever comes up.
>>
>>1098606
why would some nigger be roaming around in your office at random? do you work at the DMV?
>>
>>1098643
I have the non-leather version of those, they're not bad. Sole is firm but not ultra carbon stiff. The biggest problem is the cleat area between the pontoons is quite narrow (and deep) so angling the cleat to actually allow proper clipping in is a bit finicky.
>>
File: Floating-Disc-Rotor.jpg (174KB, 1000x930px) Image search: [Google]
Floating-Disc-Rotor.jpg
174KB, 1000x930px
bought floating rotors simply because I wanted to match my color scheme. I'd buy SRAM eagle if it weren't $3k.
>>
>>1097404
I'm getting a 48h 700c fixed gear wheelset built for my bike this month.
>>
>>1098752
At least it's not a solely cosmetic upgrade, and unless you bought something like Hopes they probably weren't overpriced. If you bought those particular ones in your photo though off Ebay then those are definitely overpriced, straight from China yet even more expensive than Hopes.
>>
>>1098752
sram eagle gx groupset is $500 retail.
>>
>>1098754
are you fat or do you play bike polo
>>
File: heartballs.jpg (114KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
heartballs.jpg
114KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>1098752
$460 + $5 Shipping on Ribbecycles
SRAM GX 12 SPEED EAGLE
Shifter
Derailleur
Crankset with chainring
Cassette
Chain

Whats your excuse now?
>>
>>1098770
I'm fat and I also lift so I'm even heavier than I'd be if I was just fat.
>>
>>1098778
doesnt matter how strong you are, you are still fat
>>
>>1098779
If I can pick you and your bike up over my head and throw you off a bridge, it matters.
>>
>>1098780
welcome to the Salty Spitoon
>>
File: 1431560836559.gif (3MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
1431560836559.gif
3MB, 298x224px
>>1098752
>SRAM
no fucking wonder they have almost no presence here. It literally means "I'm taking a shit"
>>
>>1098783
I ain't mad. it's just tru.
>>
>>1098643
They're good but they take fucking forever to dry out.

But everyone, even non-cyclists, seem to love them. I sometimes forget to take them off at work until lunch when I realize I don't want to be clopping for several blocks and I change into regular shoes.
>>
>>1098788
SRAM is more durable than proprietary shitmano
>>
>>1098907

Mmmm
no.

Sram does a few things well - usually only before the company they bought that did it well has been fully integrated into sramhness.

Durability is absolutely not one of the things that sram does well, ever.
>>
>>1098774

wtf including the crankset , that's a fucking steal.
>>
File: 607122_2.jpg (265KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
607122_2.jpg
265KB, 1500x1500px
>>1098788
do you also like those?
>>
>>1098788
Greetings Polska bro.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.