[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get "in the zone"? >I hurt myself a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: coolarab.jpg (29KB, 450x484px) Image search: [Google]
coolarab.jpg
29KB, 450x484px
How do you get "in the zone"?

>I hurt myself a month ago because I was too eager, first ride today and almost crashed again in the exact same way.
>>
Without being drunk, without running over obviously sandy/gravely areas, without being hit by a car, how does one crash?
How long has it been since you removed the training wheels; a week? Week and a half?
>>
>>1092311
MTN biking. Group was going fast and I felt shame.
>>
>>1092313
Ah, guess that's fair. Didn't even consider; I'm the asshole.
>>
>>1092314
You fucking prick.
>>
File: flow.png (46KB, 326x321px) Image search: [Google]
flow.png
46KB, 326x321px
>>
File: 1360903140723.jpg (42KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1360903140723.jpg
42KB, 381x380px
>>1092316
Admittedly
>>
>>1092308
I don't think you need to be concerned about being 'in the zone', I think you need to be concerned with 'improving your overall bike handling skills'. It's a process, not something magical.
>>
>>1092317
>end of season here, no races left without driving 8 hours both ways
>boredom
>relaxation
FeelsBadMan
>>
>>1092391
>something magical
Something magical like a protip or two would help my process.
>>
>>1092428
1. Ride more
2. You can't go fast in hospital
>>
>>1092428
>protip

ok here's a protip, there are no shortcuts or tips that will make it easy.

Only hard research, practice, enacting, analysis/reflection and repetition.

if you're just going out on a weekend and riding your mtb down trails and hoping you'll get better inbetween crashes you're doing it absolutely wrong, you will improve but so slowly it's silly. You need to dedicate actual time to simply practice techniques and work on core skills over and over and over again.
>>
>>1092516
>practice techniques
I do bike more than a filthy casual, but I definitely don't know what techniques I should learn.
>>
>>1092546
Cornering, manuals, off camber, ruts, roots, jumps.

Git gud son
>>
>>1092914
No jumps

I do need to learn how to clear tall obstacles.
>>
>>1093094
>I do need to learn how to clear tall obstacles.

you do that by jumping
>>
>>1093153
jumps =/= jumping
>>
Here's a skill I need to learn:

How to not catch things on my pedals? Especially on really narrow paths where you can't see obstacles that are only a few inches tall.
>>
>>1092308

That's because you are probably going too fast for your skill level in those circumstances.

You don't understand the dynamics of a particular type of section and you are doing the same shit expecting a different result.
>>
>>1095786

>where you can't see obstacles that are only a few inches tall.

Learn how to use your eyes to spot these obstacles
>>
>>1095907
Ya but it's all grass growing over both sides. Completely invisible. I feel like I need to stutter pedal but then I'm slow.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.