[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is absolutely no good excuse for the lack of a high-speed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1500165589513.png (684KB, 577x859px) Image search: [Google]
1500165589513.png
684KB, 577x859px
There is absolutely no good excuse for the lack of a high-speed rail connection between Chicago and Milwaukee. It is disgusting, it is pathetic and it is shameful.
>>
This country thinks public transport is for poor people and we're afriad if we build trains that black people will come to out suburbs and rape is. End of story.
>>
Is there even anything in Milwaukee? Besides some abandoned beer factories, and mass graves from all the serial killers? What even is the point of Milwaukee?

There should be HSR between Chicago and Minneapolis. Between Chicago and Cleveland. Between Cleveland and major East Coast cities.

HRS between Chicago and Milwaukee makes about as much sense as HSR between New York and Scranton. I mean yeah, in the ideal world, I'd love to see HSR fucking everywhere, but I'd probably start with places that need it most.
>>
>>1091696
This is accurate. America is basically in a constant Cold Race War.
>>
>>1091728
Black people started playing basketball in my town, so the town voted unanimously to tear down half the backboards immediately, so full-court is impossible. Residents said they could tell that the players were not from town, without talking to them or asking where they're from, which means that they weren't white.
Fuck this country.
>>
>>1091696
>Wisconsin thinks public transport is for poor people
>Illinois is afraid if we build trains that black people will come to out suburbs and rape us
Therein lies the problem.

>>1091726
The current Chicago-Milwaukee service ("Hiawatha") is the 9th busiest Amtrak route, and #1 outside of the coasts.
>>
>>1091745
I mean, how do we fix it? The 'American Dream' is such a cultural idea for us that admitting that the dream might not be obtainable for someone means that it might not be obtainable for us and that's just too scary a thought for most Americans to face.
>>
The upfront costs are insurmountable, $200mil per mile, sorry sweatie :)
>>
>>1091752
As far as I can see, the only conceivable way to make a difference, as long of a shot as it would be, is somehow getting involved in politics yourself and trying to make a change from the inside. Nothing else is going to work.

>>1091754
[citation needed]
>>
>>1091745
Yeah but is that because there's really the #1 amount of demand out of the NEC, or is it because as a random outcome of decades of decay and neglect, it's the only leftover from the passenger rail days with the right combination of not getting torn up for scrap or given over to a freight line, getting destroyed by a flood or an avalanche, NIMBY'd out of existence, and just happened to extend between two population centers over 20k people or so?
>>
>>1091756
I'm down for killing the rich
>>
>>1091692
didn't Wisconsin get funding for high speed rail but your governor rejected it

>>1091726
I'd be happy if finally get that second train from Chicago to the Twin Cities we're always asking for, doesn't even have to be high speed. although If we do I say we callback to the old Twin Cites/Hiawatha 400s which if anyone here is aware of its history, it got the name for making the ~400 mile trip with stops included in 400 minuets (6 Hours and 40 Minutes), so depending on how fast you want it, it would go something like as follows:
>Twin Cites/Hiawatha 300: time 5 hours, average speed 80 mph
>Twin Cites/Hiawatha 250: time 4 hours 10 mins, average speed 96 mph
>Twin Cites/Hiawatha 200: time 3 hours 20 mins, average speed 120 mph
and so and so until you want true high speed

Also good time to bring it up there's a private group trying to get a passenger train, not high speed unfortunately from St. Paul to Eau Claire and just like the failed Zip Rail to Rochester, is planing to once in operation extend east towards Chicago threw Madison and Milwaukee.
>>
>>1091760
I can appreciate the sentiment, but...

1) I think "they" want millennials to stick to protests and LARPing as communist revolutionaries (or hedonistic nihilists) rather than actively getting involved in the political process

and

2) If you guys actually succeed, there's a high probability that the result will simply be a different kind of shithole (see Russia, China, etc.)
>>
File: MILW_E70_1_s.jpg (208KB, 900x611px) Image search: [Google]
MILW_E70_1_s.jpg
208KB, 900x611px
>>1091692
There is absolutely no good excuse for the lack of a high-speed electric rail connection between Chicago and Seattle. It is disgusting, it is pathetic and it is shameful.
>>
> $50 for a round trip ticket

JUST
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.