[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bike theft thread? Just lost this. Thief scaled a 10ft security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: 20170501_185801.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_185801.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Bike theft thread?

Just lost this. Thief scaled a 10ft security gate and came to my private balcony to nick this.

Police couldn't give a shit.
>>
>>1091279

Left your bike unlocked outside, senpai.
Now you know.
>>
>>1091282
Yep, I was lulled into false sense of security by CCTV and a security gate.

Police have closed the case already. It's no wonder they go so often.
>>
>>1091279
fuuuck man,sorry for your loss.
>>
>>1091279
>get crime number
>report to insurer
>get new bike or money for new bike
>move on and make sure you lock your bike up even at home.
>>
>>1091302
This guy knows what's up

Does no one know what insurance is?
>>
>>1091532
Something OP didn't have?
>>
>>1091279
Did they steal your anti-theft security chair too?
>>
>>1091535
might have renter's. i know my bikes are covered under homeowners and auto (while racked).
>>
If someone can see it they'll try and steal it. Sorry you had to learn this firsthand.
>>
>>1091532
When my bike was stolen, I had to prove how much the bike was worth, which is somewhat difficult if you have some second hand parts, and then the insurance company decided that the bike's worth was about 2/3 of the actual market worth, and they then deducted a fee. I the end, I was out of around 700$ on a 2500$ bike, locked inside a locked building. Maybe swiss insurers aren't the best, but I am inclined to think they are the most jewish of jews everywhere.
>>
OP here,

Unbelievably The thief came back in regular clothes. I recognized his backpack from my CCTV. Was just a kid and I about pissed myself laughing when I caught him about to steal another bike with his police ankle tag on his leg! Chased him in the car to an estate and asking around soon got his name and address. Bike recovered! :D
>>
>>1091723

Not sure if that really even constitutes a happy ending.

A few bikes aren't worth a human life.
>>
>>1091771
>wroth a human life
What?
>>
File: 20170718_030218.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170718_030218.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>1091771
To clarify, I did not murder him.
I had intended to break his fingers but when I saw what a small kid he was, I couldn't do it.

Must be getting soft.

Bike now locked and covered by insurance :)
>>
>>1091776

>Outside

Some people never learn.
>>
>>1091723
Good story haha
>>
>>1091776
how much do u pay for insurance?

i looked into it here (ontario) and it's almost $400 a year per bike
>>
>>1091785
In the UK it's cheap. £7 per month covers all my contents and any bike chained up. The reason I could not claim in the first instance was because the bike was left unlocked.

Gonna post some pics to show how I spotted him that led to my mad Liam Neeson 5hr chase.
>>
File: Idiot 1.png (710KB, 615x607px) Image search: [Google]
Idiot 1.png
710KB, 615x607px
Here is the original shot of the Nike bag that gave him away.
>>
File: Idiot 2.png (576KB, 539x593px) Image search: [Google]
Idiot 2.png
576KB, 539x593px
>>1091789
That hoods tighter than Kenny's!
>>
File: Idiot 3.png (475KB, 561x581px) Image search: [Google]
Idiot 3.png
475KB, 561x581px
>>1091790
And finally the little weasel returning to the scene of the crime on another stolen bike wearing the same Nike bag. What a tit. This him bolting off before I got in my car.
>>
File: Idiot 4.png (640KB, 851x557px) Image search: [Google]
Idiot 4.png
640KB, 851x557px
>>1091791
Busted!
>>
That's not a kid. He's an adult that wanted some free shit. Should've broken his fingers and stomped his balls, OP.
>>
>>1091814
More like shoulda reported him to the police since it's a guy who's already been caught before and is on provisional release or house arrest or something with a tag on his leg.
You have to stomp on these guy's faces and break their jaws or they never learn.
>>
should have at least demanded a BJ
>>
>driving from Ontario to BC
>have bikes on the back U locked together, but attached to the car with only a thin cable
>wanted to do all kinds of biking in Jasper
>stop at a town just a stones throw from the gates of Jasper
>woman at the inn says "welcome to where the good folk are"
>park car in front of the room
>stupid me left bikes on the car
>wake up, bikes gone
The kicker here is that they were totally in the back of the pickup truck next to my car, U locked together. You could even see the bulge. No idea why it didn't occur to me to open up the truck. It was very early in the morning.

Also, "where the good folk live" is apparently the meth capitol of Canada

I'm just glad they didn't break into my car. I had my whole life in there.
>>
File: 1489613822910.png (141KB, 2688x2688px) Image search: [Google]
1489613822910.png
141KB, 2688x2688px
>not beating the absolute fucking ghost outta him in an assburger fueled rage and calling the police afterwards
If his father didn't teach him to respect other people's property someone else has to.
>>
>>1091814

This. Organized crime, even if it's small scale... he's a career criminal, and you let him go.
>>
>>1091791
should've filled him with justice.
>>
>>1091279
>SR Suntour

nothing of value was lost
>>
>>1091279
My old man used to tell a story about how he had a hybrid with a raised chainstay. Apparently he left it on his lawn for two minutes and a sombrero nigger ran off with it. Rip that bike and rip finding new raised chainstays ever again.
>>
>>1092355
You fucking take that back
>>
>>1091977
It's that indeed.
As a career criminal, he spends his time stealing shit, and so all the skills he actually gains are in theft and criminal activity. So if he's ever in need of money he'll go to the skills he's developed and knows how to use.
Which is why extreme stomping is needed at the first sign of this kind of behaviour. And then some way to teach money making skills that aren't stealing bikes.
>>
I used to be a bike thief (well, thief in general but took a lot of bikes) and now that I'm older and more mature, feel terrible about it.

The bike I used to ride around on to steal shit was made from at least 6 stolen bikes.

Stopped all that around 2001... I'm 35 now, and not so angsty. Wish I could make it up to those people, but have no idea who they are.

Do check the classifieds for stolen bikes regularly though, and recently spotted one at a pawn shop. Emailed the owner and he got it back. It's the least I can do.
>>
File: 1363165169-0130E10005-o.jpg (184KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1363165169-0130E10005-o.jpg
184KB, 800x533px
>>1092383
OP again. Stomping the 17 year old does nothing. For further clarification, you cannot assault people without getting arrested yourself. If you stomp someone's face you may accidentally kill them.

If you want to stop the puppet show you don't go after the puppets. You focus on the puppet master.

I have now found out who is making these kids steal bikes and I am bringing the full heat straight to him and his chop shop buddies who are selling the parts online with the help of a local cycle store.

I have also arranged help for the thief with the local authorities and his social worker who will work with him to change his behaviour and protect him from those offering the incentives.

Setting up some bait bikes soon to catch more thieves.

Who am I?

I'm bikeman
>>
>>1092410
I like you.
10/10 keep at it man
>>
I removed a few parts from bikes that were left to rot. Bent out of shape, rusty, but chained to something. I know it's illegal, but I didn't consider it stealing. At least they had some use before rotting completely.

Am I evil?
>>
>>1092456
Nah. Where I live every closed bike parking space ends up being a bicycle cemetery. Lots of rusty, flat-tired bikes exposed to rain and sun. No idea who are the owners either so can't contact them to buy them off of them. I say just take them.
>>
>>1091569
>>1091282
I live in the third world and leave my bikes unlocked all the time, never had anything stolen
>>
>>1092410
if this is true, your an absolute hero.
If only people were more like you!
>>
>>1092425
>>1092497

Thanks guys
>>
>>1092456
>>1092484

I've wondered about that too. Seen a few abandoned bikes that are just sitting there rotting, chained to the thing, and it's really tempting. They've been there for months so I don't think the owner's coming back, and like the other anon said, who the fuck knows who and where their owner is. They're just getting weathered, and the parts are there. Thought about doing it but never have because I don't want to get into unneeded shit.
>>
>>1092488

Your observation bias has absolutely nothing to do with anything. That's why they call it a bias.
>>
File: Freddie.jpg (104KB, 496x600px) Image search: [Google]
Freddie.jpg
104KB, 496x600px
>>1092410
>>
>>1092660

You can stop samefagging now.
>>
>>1092696

Not OP, I've just been itching for an excuse to use that image since I saved it.
>>
>be my sister and brother-in-law
>own nice, new(ish) and well maintained Cube MTBs
>decide to ride them to a festival in town
>decide to chain them together and onto something but with the flimsiest lock possibe
>decide to lock it a little away from public.
>few people, still very visible
>bikes get stolen ofc
>aquaintance sees thieves, well known small time criminal and his skank
>be paranoid about fictional small-town bike-theft crime lords
>not going for the little thieving shit
>police does fuck-all
>officer in charge is fat, bored, lazy asshole, barely recording the crime
>two weeks pass
>see negro on one of the bikes
>they stop the negro, 'fugee
>negro confused, doesn't really speaks our language
>dumbfuck bought that bike in the middle of the street from stranger for chump change
>butitgetsbetter.jpg
>he has a contract
>the idiot thief sold the bike and wrote on a dirty piece of paper what he is selling (brand, model), for how much and when, signs it and even has his skank sign it as a witness for whatever reason
>'fugee-negro is actually a pretty nice person, just kinda dumb
>'fugee gives bike back, sad he lost pretty much all his money
>back to the police
>new officer
>actually doing his job, records the whole crime including new evidence
>now the thieving scum will finally get his ass lit on fire
>sister feels bad about rideless negro-'fugee
>use contacts with LBS
>decent guys, give sister a used bike for cheap
>refurbish it for free
>gives to negro

Still the other bike and every piece of accessory is gone. I still would like to visit and have a ....nice talk with the thieving scum about bike #2.
>>
>>1091279
it was your druggy little brother that pawned it for an ounce.
>>
>>1091723
he went stealing with an ankle tag? i hope you at least reported him to the police. that's beyond moronic have to teach him a lesson.
>>
>>1093044
>he went stealing with an ankle tag?
Your shitting me. Omg that is so mega stupid.
>>
>>1091293
>CCTV
A Britbong, I presume.

>2017
>believing policucks will give a shit about you when there are Ahmeds to protect from justice.
You poor bastard.
>>
>>1093948
Safe beneath the watchful eyes...
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.