[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking at picking up a Diamondback Insight 2 Performance Hybrid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: s-l1600.jpg (166KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
166KB, 1500x1500px
Looking at picking up a Diamondback Insight 2 Performance Hybrid Bike for $250. Is it a good deal? I've never owned a bike before and I've always just borrowed my friend's extra bikes . Will be commuting around 12 miles everyday on this.
>>
Bump for advice.
>>
>>1090092
Looks like a decent POS for a beginner bike.
>>
>>1090092
I got a $500 diamondback MTB almost 2 years ago and it's been nice. Their cheaper models at least look okay (I usually only see them at sporting goods chains). It has an aluminum frame and mechanical disc brakes. It will probably be a good commuter bike. The grips on those are pretty comfy.
>>
>>1090092

you will definitl outgrow this , but I think for 250 you won't get anything much better.

those diamondback bikes mangage to look (aesteticly speaking) pretty decent even at that ridicoulus price point
>>
>>1090092
A friend of mine bought a $350 Diamondback MTB at Dicks. He liked it a lot until he learned he could have spent $150 more and have a much better bike. Now he regrets it and never rides it and couldn't sell it for shit. I know it's a different kind of bike but you get what you pay for
>>
>>1091467
That being said if you ride it for a while and learn more about bikes and upgrade in the future you will appreciate a better bike even more and you're only out two fifty. But hey it might end up perfect for you. But if I was you I'd go to a LBS and spend at least twice that
>>
>>1090092
I'm sure it will get you there eventually, but if you ever want to ride fast it's not going to be fun.
>>
I just ordered one of these things--gets here tomorrow. That seller is blowing out a half dozen Diamondback models at half or less than half of normal season retail. I've noticed the Trace they're selling for $250 has gotten a lot of publicity but the Insight 2 gives you a better bike for the money since it has a solid fork.

I used to bike a lot but most of my bikes didn't really fit properly, and some health issues have kept me off of drop bars. Buying the Insight gives me a better bike than overhauling something 25 years old that's 2" too small, even if /n/ thinks I'm a sellout.
>>
>>1091470
>But if I was you I'd go to a LBS and spend at least twice that

That bike does cost twice that at an LBS. It's not a $250 normally, more like $500 but sometimes on sale for $350. There's a seller on eBay acting as a Diamondback warehouse outlet.
>>
EF 51 drivetrain. Steel fork. Tektro brakes
Getting ANYTHING new at that price is very hard.

Meets minimum standards. Brakes are a bit fiddly to work with.

>>1091488
Right. It's a shitheap commuter. If you want go fast, or go hard, or go long, this isn't the thing.

>>1092077
Your used market must suck. For 300, I have my choice of a dozen different refurbs, some with 10x drivetrains. But you should NEVER compromise on fit.
>>
I bought one of these for $250. It arrived with shipping scratches and Diamondback promised to credit me $40 for my trouble. Rear tube also doesn't hold air.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.