[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all, I'm gonna be doing a tour from Vancouver, BC through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: mia.png (2MB, 1200x1198px) Image search: [Google]
mia.png
2MB, 1200x1198px
Hey all, I'm gonna be doing a tour from Vancouver, BC through Washington, down the Oregon coast to the redwood forest in cali, and then taking the train to Portland starting in a week. I thought it might be cool to see if anyone here might like to join me for a leg of the tour / a ride / some beers while I pass through! Anyone in the area down?
>>
I wish anon, I wish
>>
>>1088720
I am in Bellingham WA. I'm a bit limited but you can drop me email if you like. [email protected]

If you're looking for food, Super Marios (food truck downtown) is pretty tasty and not too expensive. Teddy bear cove is worth a stop if you're going down chuckanut.

Have a nice tour!
>>
>>1088767
1422 North Forest is super marios truck. Nice to eat there because you don't have to lock up bike.

If you need bike service/things, The Hub downtown is a pretty neat place. Almost worth visiting on it's own, and that trail is a nice way to get thru anyway. Otherwise there is a bike shop every 200 m...
>>
>>1088720
Hey, anon. I'm from Hongcouver as well. Do you have dates set already?
>>
Sure dude I'm in portland, wanna suck each other's dicks?

Just kidding, I'm not even american.
>>
>>1088767
Cool thanks! I'll check it out!
>>1088773
Yep, leaving on Friday!
>>
>>1088770
>The Hub downtown
Is that a bike coop? We have something like that in winnipeg manitoba called the W.R.E.N.C.H
>>
>>1088968
Yup it is. Many friendly people and they have more parts than they know what do do with.

Have to bring gloves no matter what I go there for. Parts are mostly caked in 30 year old sweat/grease/dust/mold/rust. But super cheap.
>>
>>1089004
ah yeah I love bike co-ops! I volunteer at the one in Vancouver every now and then and hit them up for used parts and stuff pretty much weekly. I work as a mechanic out of my house on the side so they're a godsend! I'll definitely stop in and check the hub out if the timing works out!
>>
File: 1496143966203_1.jpg (57KB, 704x404px) Image search: [Google]
1496143966203_1.jpg
57KB, 704x404px
>tfw have been considering the idea of hopping on my bike with all I need and never coming back
>every time I read about someone touring I get more excited about the prospect
If all I do with my free time is write and ride, how do I convince myself that doing it constantly is as foolish as my mom thinks it is?
>>
>>1089131
it's not, just fuckin do it
>>
>>1088776
Quality post!

>>1088895
I work until 5:30pm. I could ride with you for some 30km, or we could also just have a beer at La Musette. It's bike-friendly and bike-inspired café in Burrard St.

Let me know here if works and I'll create a new e-mail account so we can get in touch.

Naturally, I also extend that invite to any and all other /n/iggers here.
>>
>>1089131
>"and never coming back"

I think that's your problem, have you ever camped for a long time? I love camping, but it feels great to get back.

>"We're stuck.Inside our own machine.Apparitions Apparitions Apparitions"
>>
>>1089283
By "never coming back" I do mean going on a loosely open-ended tour/adventure. The most I've camped is just shy of two weeks at a time, but it's not hard for me to live that way.
I have a general idea of riding up to Redding, CA, staying with some extended family for a week or so and working for my Uncle's landscaping company for some extra money. Then I could potentially head up north or south along the coast, at that point I could see how I feel about heading back home, or pointing myself down south.
I have nothing holding me down here other than a dying cat, a lease that expires in a month, and a depressing temp job. So I figure I might as well do the few things I actually enjoy, at least for a while. I just hope I'm not romanticising the idea of a long tour, I've been reading and watching a lot of negatives about it, but I'm still not discouraged.
>>
>>1089289
Oh man, that sounds great! I wouldn't even ask people about doing that.
>>
>>1089291
Hell yeah, It is the dream. My only issue at the moment is I'm broke as shit, and I'd rather go into it more prepared. At the very least, I have something tangible to aim for.
>>
>>1089261
I'll probably have left town by then unfortunately, but we could ride some other time!
>>
>>1089294
>My only issue at the moment is I'm broke as shit, and I'd rather go into it more prepared
if you have a bike, panniers, a tent, sleeping bag and a couple tarps you're good to go
don't worry too much about preparing, part of the adventure is figuring out things on the way
good luck man
>>
File: 1499091072654.jpg (46KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1499091072654.jpg
46KB, 750x573px
>>1088767
>you will never move to bellingham and eek out a living as a line cook so you can ride galbraith on your transition scout for your one day off a month
>>
File: 1326154210393.png (207KB, 360x325px) Image search: [Google]
1326154210393.png
207KB, 360x325px
I got an oregon coast tour in September
>>
>>1089338
I don't know where you live, but you know what it's like to live here.

Housing is getting more expensive quickly and the younger generations not subsidized by parents are almost all poor. Line cooks, waiters, cashier, $15/hr if lucky. The wealthy are going to price us out of our apartments and... maybe we'll all move to the currently depressed areas?

Could I please get a fair shake?
>>
>>1089338
>you will never not capitalism
>>1089386
lol dude try living in Vancouver
Line cooks make like 10.45/hr and the average cost of a ROOM is $650/mo
>>
File: my baiku.jpg (659KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
my baiku.jpg
659KB, 2000x1500px
>>
>>1089734
Nice! Do you live along the coast?
>>
bu mp
>>
>>1089734
Why no fenders? Aesthetics?
>>
>>1090485
it's to match the lack of hoods
>>
>>1090507
the misery
>>
This seems like a relevant thread so I'll ask here. I want to go down from Toronto through Detroit, Chicago, and Indianapolis, is it easy to cross the border on a bike?
>>
>>1089719
>Line cooks make like 10.45/hr and the average cost of a ROOM is $650/mo
same as a studio where i'm at. priced out of real apartments by yuppies and herds of H1Bs working for 'the company' in my little flyover berg that hosts the WHQ of a multinational chemical corp.
>>
>>1089734
>once got into an argument with some chucklehead who called me underprepared for cycling if i didn't daily carry my own clif bars in lieu of a few bucks in cash with which to buy some at a gas station
>this chucklehead rides with 2 cases of clif bars and no fenders
o i am laffin
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.