[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I notice a lot of dissatisfaction with the current establish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: cnt_tram.jpg (46KB, 450x321px) Image search: [Google]
cnt_tram.jpg
46KB, 450x321px
I notice a lot of dissatisfaction with the current establishment of car-friendly suburbs, meme streetcars and 8-lane highways on this board. So, /n/, what are your political stances? How should we go about solving the problems of transportation, urban planning and infrastructure?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13375760
>>
>>1088459
Streetcars and 8 lane highways are the opposite. I like both, but there needs to be a system to connect them. A RER or S-Bahn system with park and ride features.
>>
>>1088566
I was talking about meme streetcars, such as in New York, Kenosha or Detroit.
>>
Bunch of libcucks.

Fuck you! And fuck this board.
>>
File: barcelona.jpg (356KB, 1200x781px) Image search: [Google]
barcelona.jpg
356KB, 1200x781px
>>1088459
We need semi-dense cities (think five-floor buildings) with a good public transit system. Motor traffic should be restricted to larger avenues, with smaller streets dedicated to bicycle and foot traffic.
>>
>>1089142
>libcucks
why does everyone think bikes, public transit and liveable cities are somehow a leftist invention?
There's nothing more conservative than to want cities to be designed the same way they were in the late 19th-early 20th century ffs.

Suburbs promote all kinds of degenerate livestyle, there's no "small town values" in suburbs. Just isolation, sitting on your ass in your car all day, and strip malls. The only type of city that can promote small town values is semi-dense, walkable city where each borough has its own small center to generate interaction between neighbours, getting to know each other, and not being isolated all the time which leads to degenerate behaviour.

Wannabe conservative who think suburbs and cars are a good way to design a city are just so cucked into their pseudo-altright-milo-cocksucking ideas that they can't even think for themselves to notice how the hurr durr redpilled "non-establishment" is using them as useful idiots to keep selling cars, incurring in the most decadent consumer culture and speculate with real estate.

>implying Switzerland and Japan are a libcuck wonderland
MY. FUCKING. SIDES.
>>
>>1089244
holy shit this times a million
>>
>>1089244
This
Anytime I've seen any sort of thread about suburbs comes up on /pol/ it is flooded with retards talking about how "absolutely based" they are

They have enough sense to notice that modern architecture sucks but they can't seem to understand that their love of commuter car suburbs played a huge part in creating many of those ugly buildings

Also like you said, current urban form could be viewed as a destruction of traditional material culture
>>
>>1088901
New York does not have a streetcar
>>
>>1089142
>>1089234
Brainlets think only truck driving rednecks can be "conservative"
>>
>>1089434
There's one being planned though.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/nyregion/city-unveils-possible-routes-for-streetcar-in-brooklyn-and-queens.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/04/nyregion/mayor-de-blasio-to-propose-streetcar-line-linking-brooklyn-and-queens.html
>>
>>1089412
>Anytime I've seen any sort of thread about suburbs comes up on /pol/ it is flooded with retards talking about how "absolutely based" they are
>They have enough sense to notice that modern architecture sucks but they can't seem to understand that their love of commuter car suburbs played a huge part in creating many of those ugly buildings

A lot of American conservatives literally and unironically fantasize about fortifying their gated communities against some sort of Leftist-Negro hoard outside. I think it goes back to the Detroit suburbs in the late '60s and '70s.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.