[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's /n/'s opinion on the Miyata 210? my neighbour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 4L_qVxyol0a.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
4L_qVxyol0a.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
what's /n/'s opinion on the Miyata 210? my neighbour was gonna sell me his for $100 but i don't know if its worth it or not.
>>
>>1087447

Worth it if it fits you, for sure.
>>
You could probably sell that for more than $100, if you don't want it to ride make a quick buck and re-sell.
>>
>>1087559
are they at all coveted or rare now that they're technically "vintage"
>>
>>1087566
not him but vintage touring bikes are pretty desirable for sure - that's their entry level touring bike still a good machine. looks small - does it fit you ? if so, go for it.
>>
Looks rusty as fuck, save that money and buy a better one.
>>
>>1087751
I don't see any rust
Though I hardly see anything at all
>>
>>1087566

Absolutely not.
>>
>>1087753
>>1087751
op isn't the actual bike i just pulled a picture off online
>>1087735
Yeah I'm not a big guy (5'7") so theres no worry there, i'm new to tour bikes, what are the differences between that and mountain bikes?
>>
I wouldn't waste money on that unless you're buying it as your first road bike and it's in exceptional condition

A bikesdirect POS for $300 won't have 27" wheels, 126mm rear, threaded cassette, quill stem, and whatever rusted shit the miyata has to fuck up your day

Not recommending bikesdirect either, just examples. If you have tools and know-how an old low end 12-speed might be worth it, for $50 imho

Save the $100 for a Craigslist Cannondale roadie in the $300-$400 range. One with a threadless stem
>>
>>1087447

Something that ugly can really only be ridden by self-absorbed vegans
>>
>>1087797
>for $50 imho

I'd be ready to pay 100 for a good specimen every day, let's call that the guarantee that the remount worth $50 wont happen tomorrow.

As stated, the old steel touring/road frames are amongst the more desirable ones in their vintage; your typical 7 speed hub / 21 speed hybrids from a decade later go for only 40-60 (€) in barely driveable, needs heavy maintenance now -condition.

Paid 55 for a 10 speed Raleigh and got a warped front chainring for that, as said driveable but needs attention before the next summer / any longer tour.

"Restored" are for the real collectors and go for significantly higher.
>>
>>1087759
>what are the differences between that and mountain bikes?
It's a road bike primarily, not for off road use. Has slacker geometry for comfort and stability than your typical 80's road bike though, longer chainstays so you can load up the back of it with a rack and panniers also.
Not a bad bike and well priced if it's a mid 80's 210 - the earlier ones are not nearly as good touring bikes imho.
>>
>>1087797
>threaded cassette
Ignore this worthless fag, OP
>>
>>1087447
OP, need to know more details of the 210 in question:
Does the frame have an integrated rear-derailleur hanger, or a little "claw" that bolts to the drive-side rear dropout?
Are the wheel rims alumin(i)um, or chromed steel? (If unsure, use the magnet test)

Also, assume that all consumable components (tires, brake cables, shifter cables, brake pads, chain) need replacement. You can get by with cheap tires and chain, but *always* get stainless steel cables and salmon-compound Kool Stop pads
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.