[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GCN is the biggest bunch of posers: during their ideal bike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

GCN is the biggest bunch of posers:

during their ideal bike fit nonsense they speweed for years:

the saddle had to be exactly level, the bars had to be exactly level and proportionate to the saddle height.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsoFD_rhNkQ

----------

now that the UCI lifted the 3 degree saddle tilt limit,

pros are starting to slam the saddles forward and tilt downwards 9 degrees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=247&v=69OzE3KB2IY

----

now all their recent videos have their bikes with slammed forward saddles and tilted down noses.

they just bullshit about "proper" bike fit but just want to emulate what the pros are doing at any given moment.

If the UCI said you had to cycle in clown shoes a bunch of GCN morons and cyclists would be cycling in clown shoes every Saturday morning.

how about they focus on breaking the 12mph "barrier" on their 10 mile ride to starbucks and back?
>>
>>1083795
>now that the UCI lifted the 3 degree saddle tilt limit
Lol, competitive road cycling is a fucking joke.
>>
>>1083795
>giving a shit what anyone else does
Set up your bike however the fuck you want and STFU already.

>>1083850
>says the butthurt filthy casual
git gud
>>
>>1083895
>git gud

So motor dope.
Nah, I like riding my bike.

>>1083850

Always has been.

>>1083795

>The UCI

Literally who?

>pros are starting to slam the saddles forward and tilt downwards 9 degrees

Who cares? The pros will always do whatever lets them put their saddle as far forwards as possible within the rules.
>>
>>1083795

have you ever thought about the fact that there is no "proper" bike fit.

have you ever thought about the fact that gcn are not evil monsters but sports enthusiasts that subscribe to current developments and trends.

maybe you should follow their example and try to be a little bit more open to new possibilitys.

things change.

people are allowed to update their opinion
>>
>>1083949
They mindless trend follow.

and act as if their way of cycling is correct.

they're buying parts and bikes and setting them up for races they will never partake in. they're governing themselves to rules sets that will never matter to them and the people that follow them critsize other bikes for not following their trend

like if i tilt my saddle up and rotate my bars up someone will comment that my bike doesn't look like the ones GCN has

because GCN copies pros and that must be the way to do it

-------

they speak as if the authority on the only way to setup a road bike

but in the video they literally walk up and down the peloton looking at pro bikes to emulate the look for no other reason or scienctific reasoning than it looks like the other bikes the pros use
>>
Who the fuck cares what the GCN or anyone else has to say about fit, specs, trends, equipment etc. Yall sure do stressing over some petty shit. Just get out there and enjoy cycling.

Fucken casuals.
>>
>>1083955

their reasoning is that all the R&D the pros do won't be wrong.
that's a reasonable assesment.

also, they're all relativley successful ex pro racers. they're in for the performance.

theire way of cycling is correct in the sense that it is canon. there is no correct way , but there is the way that we agree on that is dictated by what's happening with the pros.

if you want to set up you're bike differently, do so. if somebody tells you it's "wrong" tell them why you set it up the way you did. what could anybody say against your good reasons.

also , they don't act like a authority , as you said they explain their reasoning. I saw the video on the new saddle position.
they talk to the pros and try to get behind what's beneficial.

they also have their own agenda that sometimes dosent comply with the pros
for example they are advocates of bigger tires and tubless systems.

they use any chance they get to talk about how nice road tubeless is and that fatter tires are faster even though most pro riders go for 25 and in some cases even smaller.

the last video I watched on mavics new tubeless system was a huge " ha ! I told you guys"

you are your own man/cyclist do what you want. but consider the benefits of emerging trends and asses them yourself.
>>
File: 1488856687847.png (195KB, 308x340px) Image search: [Google]
1488856687847.png
195KB, 308x340px
How about you suck a dick sieg, huh????
>>
File: cav-cries.jpg (69KB, 600x747px) Image search: [Google]
cav-cries.jpg
69KB, 600x747px
>>1083955
While all of their videos are sponsored or have product placement to a certain extent, the first video you linked is literally an advertisement for Fizik. That guy talking is their product manager for fucks sake.

GCN wasn't telling you how to set up your saddle, that shitty company was trying to tell you to buy their overpriced seats so you can larp as a pro.

I wouldn't judge the entire GCN channel for one dumb advertisement. Most of their videos are full of extremely useful information. Here is where they are actually talking about bike fit, and they straight up say there isn't a "proper" way to fit your bike, but present you with useful tips that can help you find what works for you.
https://youtu.be/1VYhyppWTDc?t=13s

I can understand you wanting to act like you are better than someone watching normie youtube videos from such a popular channel, but it might do you some good to be a little more open minded.
>>
>>1083959
This desu senpai. Do whatever the fuck you want with your bike. However if it doesn't follow the norm then be prepared to explain to others your reasoning behind the choices you made. If you want performance then copying the pros is a pretty good bet.

Also GCN do shill road tubeless massively. But you can't blame them for that as shilling various products is literally their business model. They also produce quality content besides the shilling and that's why they're so popular.
>>
>check the OP
>"""sieg"""
Oh, you got me here, fucker.
>>
reminder that replying to sieg just gets us more sieg
>>
>>1083981
Not really. Sieg shitposts no matter what.
>>
>>1084011
He stopped for a few years actually, possibly due to people being sick of his shit.
>>
>>1083795
Fokken hell why did the worst tripfag come here
>>
>>1083795
>If the UCI said you had to cycle in clown shoes a bunch of GCN morons and cyclists would be cycling in clown shoes every Saturday morning.

Soon they will ban all hardtail mountain bikes saying it's "dangerous" to not have rear suspension. This will be done to raise the cost of the average bicycle and force people to buy full sussers. Soon dropper posts, 1x, everything else will be mandatory. I normally disagree with Sieg, he has a point here but there is also no point caring what youtubers think. It's the manufacturers that I'm concerned about because I will eventually want to buy a new bike at some point.
>>
>>1084964

somebodys afraid of change
>>
>>1085112
Riding with 2.25" tires is dangerous for off-roading! Buy a fat bike today!
>>
Haha lmao so funnyman
Seriously though the angle of the imaginary line that touches both peaks of your nominal road saddle is kinda something the individual cycle-cu k should decide for themselves.
>>
File: laughinggay.jpg (72KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
laughinggay.jpg
72KB, 221x221px
>slamming your seat forward cause the bike frame is slightly too long for you

true living
>>
>>1083795
>all former pros
>one of them rode in the giro

yep you're right, they're all just posers dreaming of being like the pros one day LOL
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.