[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many days a week do you go indoor bouldering to supplement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
How many days a week do you go indoor bouldering to supplement with your cycling?

I've just been going on weekends but am going to try every morning before work too.
>>
>>1082518

I think daily would be overtraining and potentially injurious. Bouldering can be pretty hard on your body.

I shoot for 2 days at the climbing gym, 3 days riding, 1 day lifting, 1 day stretching.
>>
why is bouldering a good sport to complement cycling? thanks, real question, i just dont know and im curious about it
>>
File: bjj4.jpg (64KB, 370x278px) Image search: [Google]
bjj4.jpg
64KB, 370x278px
>>1082518
>How many days a week do you go indoor bouldering

not BJJ?

both are good for overall strenght and therefore injury prevention but BJJ technniques are ground based and therefore better to for learning how to fall etc.
>>
My alternative sport to cycling is racquetball. Boldering seems like a fun thing to do though. No more sore hands during long descents after you spend some time climbing right?

Cross training thread.
>>
>>1082854
Yes bouldering is loads of fun and it's very satisfying when you climb a difficult wall.
>>
>>1082618
Not that anon but bouldering trains the upper body where cyclcing mostly trains the limbs and slightly the core.
Not training the upper body will result into t-rex mode, with which i'm familiar.
>>
>>1082854
>No more sore hands during long descents after you spend some time climbing right?

Unfortunately not the case.
Sore hands from cycling are symptomatic of shoulder and elbow issues.

Bouldering tends to exasperate joint issues, not help them.

If you want to fix that shit, heavy-duty core training is the necessity. Planks for hours.
>>
>>1082854
People should just do what they will find fun, racket ball is fine. the only 'sport' you should do to cross train another sport is progressive weight training. All over 'cross training' is a meme, you just pick something for verity, something that you'll like, enjoy getting good at
>>
>>1083929

That's fine up until you're about 27 years old.
Once you can't coast on youth fitness, you have to take a more scientific approach, or do what most people do and get fat really fast.
>>
>>1083938
Not eating more than you need to isn't really super scientific desu senpai.

The only cross training you need for cycling is the weight room. Everything else is just shit you do to have fun.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.