[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this not the most beautiful commuter rail service in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (531KB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
531KB, 2500x1406px
Is this not the most beautiful commuter rail service in all of North America?
>>
File: rail-runner-in-the-snow.jpg (188KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
rail-runner-in-the-snow.jpg
188KB, 1000x667px
i definitely enjoyed riding it up to SF when i was living in ABQ, just to get the hell out of town for a day. it goes through some beautiful country and who could argue with a nice new train. except that it's really kind of useless, i think. i mean, all the problems they got in NM and they built this train? all i can think of is how much we could use that damn train here in central TX, between Austin and San Antonio.
>>
>The door closing tones resemble the signature “Beep-Beep” of the Warner Bros. Road Runner cartoon character.
Cute.
>>
>>1081448

You might be right, but if we're going to waste money it might as well be on something nice. We're still spending a shit ton of money on private prisons.
>>
File: Rail-Runner-3.png (406KB, 784x395px) Image search: [Google]
Rail-Runner-3.png
406KB, 784x395px
TFW no El Paso to Denver extension of service like Bill Richardson wanted. It would be so nice considering me and my family frequently travel between Albuquerque and Las Cruces.
>>
I want to ride it.
>>
>>1081742
Is such a thing still possible?
>>
>>1084973
>to Denver
short answer: no

Colorado can't even afford to expand I-25 to 3 lanes for the full length between Denver and Colorado Springs, and that's a project that has wide public support. Rail is more expensive, more complicated, and will face public opposition. None of the Front Range cities have the population density, or the mass transit networks, needed to support intracity rail service anyways, so I think it's essentially impossible that we'll see commuter rail in this part of the country anytime in the foreseeable future.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.