[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Choose one and why: 1) Cyclocross Bicycle 2) Electric Bicycle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: Bicycle-VS-Motorcycle.jpg (88KB, 610x413px) Image search: [Google]
Bicycle-VS-Motorcycle.jpg
88KB, 610x413px
Choose one and why:

1) Cyclocross Bicycle
2) Electric Bicycle
3) Motorcycle
>>
File: zero-mx-electric-motorbike.jpg (167KB, 575x390px) Image search: [Google]
zero-mx-electric-motorbike.jpg
167KB, 575x390px
>>1080395
>>1080395
electric cyclocross motorbike
>>
>>1080395
90s rigid mtb with slicks
>>
>>1080395

cannondale delta v1000
>>
>>1080395
If the electrically assisted bike can be a high end mountain bike then that. I like to ride off road and an electric bike allows me to ride for longer, faster, and even ride stuff that wouldn't be possible with just pedal power (or would just be hell to ride).

I don't see the point of cyclocross bikes as a bike with drop bars, no suspension, skinny tyres, and close to roadie geometry sucks for riding off road. If you're racing then fair enough but it's not something I'd do for fun.

A motorbike would just be too expensive for me to keep running and I don't commute far enough to justify it. If we're talking about dirt bikes then I would love one but have nowhere to ride one near by (legally). If it could be an electric motorbike then that would be my dream, next to no noise means less chance of getting caught.
>>
>>1080409
this, with a BionX e-bike kit desu wa
>>
8 speed gear hub equipped hybrid bike with dick brakes and Schwalbe professional bike tires.
>>
>>1080430
Hollup imma let you finish but i just wanted to say that BOARDMAN HAD THE BEST GEAR HUB FLATBAR ROADBIKE OF ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME!!!1!
>>
>>1080417

I agree with this post but you can get a cyclo bike with bigger tires and endurance geometry and it's great really everywhere.
>>
>>1080434
But it still isn't going to be as good as a flat bar bike with at least a suspension fork and slacker geometry, unless the extent of your off road riding is gravel roads.
>>
>>1080439

Yes it can, bigger tires ran at lower pressure > suspension fork and any other obstacle dampening effect. Slacker geometry? What the hell does that even mean?
>>
>>1080484
>bigger tires ran at lower pressure > suspension fork and any other obstacle dampening effect
lolno. Even with 5" fatbike tyres you only have like 3" of travel and it's completely undamped as well as also moving laterally, A suspension fork on the other hand will give you 4"+ of adjustable damping travel and allow you to adjust the pressure independently from the tyre pressure.

>Slacker geometry? What the hell does that even mean?
Are you being serious? From your first statement I'm struggling to decide if you're an idiot or just trolling.
>>
>>1080395
1 and 3 and 4 (my pickup truck), 2 is a shit and can die die die, and fuck the police I'll do what I want.
>>
I'm about to pull the trigger on this, has exactly what I want.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/disc-brake-roadbikes/omnistrada-sport-discbrake-bike.htm
>>
>>1080509
Triple crank is kind of weird for this. Seems like an application for 1x or very compac double cranks.
>>
>>1080580

Whats wrong with triples?
>>
>>1080718
somewhat unnecessary unless you live in the mountains or use a corncob rear cluster
>>
>>1080718
nothing besides being antiquated by a wide range 2 ring system
>>
>>1080509

Why is that bike so cheap? I've been looking at road bikes and cyclos forever and all the ones I see are over $1k.
>>
>>1080786
because everything is low tier, old tech, or straight up generic

8 speed, I did a double take there, but yes, I guess they still make 8 speed cassettes. who knew?
>>
File: 5135131.jpg (36KB, 551x549px) Image search: [Google]
5135131.jpg
36KB, 551x549px
>>1080509
>>1080786
>WTB Nano COMP 700x40 ( 40x622 ) 27tpi Casing, Wire Bead
>27tpi tires
>>
File: 0707dp_19_z+2006_dodge_ram_3500.jpg (61KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
0707dp_19_z+2006_dodge_ram_3500.jpg
61KB, 480x640px
>>1080395
my diesel truck
>>
>>1080395
E-bike: Because working hard is for losers and so is paying for gas.
>>
File: _SAW4614.jpg (603KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
_SAW4614.jpg
603KB, 1600x1068px
I don't like choosing.
>>
How is this even a question? Do you even know where you are right now?
>>
>>1080395
>>
>>1080860
>he fell for the italia meme
>>
>>1080860
>>1080883
from his taste in tiles, stone stairs, and beer, I would say he is Italian
>>
>>1080401
this
>>
>>1080860
>Pinarello
>Shimano
WOW
>>
>>1080395
Motorcycle. Specially a lightweight dual-sport.

It can literally be your only form of practical transportation and you'd be fine unless there is snow or ice on the ground and you're SOL on any bicycle too.

Bicycles are nice because you can decide to become a pedestrian and just walk, or hop on and be a """vehicle""" in an instant. You can't just hop off and push a 150-300kg motorcycle down a sidewalk or platz like you can a bicycle, not for long, anyways. Also no costs to own or ride one, probably important if you're on a budget.

But, feeding a 250cc motorcycle isn't expensive. Just the upfront costs.
>>
>>1081010
>Just the upfront costs
A decent second hand motorcycle has the same cost as a decent new road bike.
>>
>>1080901

The house is Italian, but I'm just a renter.
>>
>>1081012
Whew, lad. You can get a decent used 250-650cc motorcycle for $2000. I can't imagine a road bicycle worth $2000 even brand new. Money like that means you are getting into hobbyist/ professional territory which excludes just buying for pedaling around for commuting.

For strictly utilitarian purposes, a motorcycle is a better deal, even if you do have insurance, taxes, registration, unless you are a serious bicycle dude and can swoop down the road at the posted speed limit. Fuel prices are irrelevant, 7-10l a week, at the worst, unless you ride some HD abomination tourer or suchshit. You can wear a backpack full of groceries and a full 35kg duffel or pannier full of crap too.

Have fun with a 35kg load going even up a slight incline on a $2000 road bike. I love bicycles, but life would be impossible if you could use a bicycle.
>>
File: bsa_tandem_winged_wheel.jpg (175KB, 480x263px) Image search: [Google]
bsa_tandem_winged_wheel.jpg
175KB, 480x263px
>>1081012
The cost of the "not being dead if you make a sudden stop on the motor bicycle" accessories could buy you a reasonable bicycle, or two.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.