[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the new five-level stack interchange i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

How do you feel about the new five-level stack interchange in Chongqing, China, which is being promoted as one of the most complex in the world?

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/drivers-bewildered-by-new-highway-interchange-in-chinese-city-of-chongqing

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-40142818/new-china-overpass-opens-to-public

Coordinate: 29.589, 106.60
>>
>>1079511
Detailed map

http://j.map.baidu.com/dApsI
>>
File: High_Five.jpg (1MB, 2000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
High_Five.jpg
1MB, 2000x2667px
>>1079511
Eh, this reminds of the high five in Dallas.

pic related
>>
>>1079511
I think it will soon be known around the world as Noodle Junction.
>>
File: Emoji_Icon_-_Thinking_grande.png (264KB, 574x600px) Image search: [Google]
Emoji_Icon_-_Thinking_grande.png
264KB, 574x600px
>>1079511
>5 level stack
>only 4 cardinal directions
>>
Just China desperately hunting for world records to persuade people that it's not an absolute shithole.
>>
File: dcf.png (120KB, 539x440px) Image search: [Google]
dcf.png
120KB, 539x440px
>>1079569
When you try to show the world that your 15 minutes of fame isn't over by building infrastructure nobody ends up using
>>
>>1079558
Even if there weren't mountains in the way, it's unlikely the road designers would stick to cardinal directions. They're just not where most people want to go!

>>1079573
A lot of people will end up using it. Chongqing is a huge city. Indeed in the 1990s it was briefly the biggest city in the world by municipality population.
>>
>>1079600
>in the 1990s it was briefly the biggest city in the world by municipality population
this has to do with the chinese definition of municipality which encompasses territory outside of strictly urban borders, so it isn't really a fair comparison

at any rate people will still use it frequently. people assume that all this infrastructure being built in china is just posturing but they have no idea how badly it's needed on all levels

t. chink who visits china regularly
>>
>>1079511
>is being promoted as one of the most complex in the world
It is not being promoted as one of the best in the world, innit.
>>
>>1079511
how do i feel?

idgaf its a fucking road you autist
>>
>>1079511

How can china fucking pull this off but not have fucking streetlights or crosswalks
>>
>>1079511
Knowing that its been build by chinese it will probably collaps within two years after a slightly stronger than usual gust of wind.
>>
Le spaghetti junction
>>
>>1079511
No.
Just look to Japan when you want something Asian.
PRC's national highway and expressway are known to be sloppy.
>>
>this is humanity's idea of an efficient crossing of two roads

Nuclear holocaust when? We clearly took a wrong turn at some point.
>>
>>1079558
>forgot about primary intercardinal directions
>>
>>1082694
>are known to be sloppy.
when?
>>
>>1079527
Very drole.
>>
>>1079511
I wonder how many people's homes were in the way & got knocked down. I'm doubting that China's laws on eminent domain are quite what they should be.
>>
File: interchange.jpg (256KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
interchange.jpg
256KB, 1024x682px
Milwaukee has something similar.
>>
>>1086450
read this news

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2024889/chinese-developers-host-banquet-fit-15000-relocated-villagers
>>
>>1087816
> SCMP
No thx.
How much do you know about the PRC really?
Just recently news reported on the the GDP infrastructure bubble about highways,
>>
>>1087816
>>1087848
Private developers may do whatever they want and put on shows for PR with their money. How much is this news worth in whole compared to the majority?
>>
File: y'all new at interchanges.png (859KB, 583x580px) Image search: [Google]
y'all new at interchanges.png
859KB, 583x580px
this interchange near me is more complex than all of these

and it's not even five-stack
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.